Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Upgrade to Toyota Auris what to look out for

Options
  • 10-12-2008 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

I am upgrading from Vw golf 1.4 petrol 2004 mk4(old shape) 5 door alloys cd changer 43k miles comfortline with vw service history.

The 2007 toyota Auris 1.4 petrol 37k klm 22k miles its a luna model which for those that dont know is alloys fogs air con front and back electrics and radio steering controls. They want €7000 with my own. So would you think this is a good deal and what do i look out for with these.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭colsers22

Why aren't you upgrading to a Golf Mk 5? Much nicer car than the Auris.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

Lots of problems with current golf so not good experience with vw. Expensive service on the car too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭colsers22

It's your choice..
    I drove my friends Auris, I thought it was underpowered, it's a big lump of a car like. The interior feels really cheap as well.
    The Mk 5 Golf is a vast improvement on yours. I have a Mk 4 too and my car will be the Mk 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

tbh €7k to come up 3 years aint too bad. any chance of getting the 1.4 d4d? good engine by all accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I had an Auris for the day a couple of months back. I have to say, it's been years since i've driven a car as thoroughly unlikeable on all fronts. Good price to change though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Must say that seems a good price.

EPM wrote: »
    tbh €7k to come up 3 years aint too bad. any chance of getting the 1.4 d4d? good engine by all accounts

Yes i would like a d4d 1.4 but there harder to come by even if you could find one they are more money. I was offered a basic auris with alloys for €7000 and my own it had only 18k klm on the clock. But i want the luna so i can get the extra features.

ninty9er wrote: »
    Must say that seems a good price.

Well i was also offered another luna auris 2007 for €7600 with 18k klm and warranty till july 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 51,248 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

colsers22 wrote: »
    It's your choice..
    I drove my friends Auris, I thought it was underpowered, it's a big lump of a car like. The interior feels really cheap as well.
    The Mk 5 Golf is a vast improvement on yours. I have a Mk 4 too and my car will be the Mk 5.

The Golf in 1.4 80bhp is even more underpowered than an Auris, unless you are going for the 1.4 TSi then forget it. And it seems the TSi is outside of the OP's budget so it is a non runner.

OP did you look at the Honda Civic or a 1.6 Ford Focus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I think your getting a very good deal there, you will have another 2 years of roadside assist and warrenty from Toyota too. The engine in the Auris has more power than that in the Golf, having said that it's a 1.4 so don't expect massive performance. As was said the D4D would be better to get but I'd say in Luna spec they would be very very rare. There's mp3 cd playback on the Auris too which is hands.

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    The Golf in 1.4 80bhp is even more underpowered than an Auris, unless you are going for the 1.4 TSi then forget it. And it seems the TSi is outside of the OP's budget so it is a non runner.

OP did you look at the Honda Civic or a 1.6 Ford Focus?

I drove a 1.6 Focus and it was a really bad drive didnt like it at all power was there but didnt take to it. Honda Civic have not looked at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

The Auris is a poor car at best, and it is proving to be not very reliable at all. Certainly nothing like what the "Best Built Cars in the World" slogan might decieve you into believing.

A quick search of Toyotaownersclub.co.uk will reveal that several Auris owners are not happy with the reliability of these cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,248 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

jhud wrote: »
    I drove a 1.6 Focus and it was a really bad drive didnt like it at all power was there but didnt take to it. Honda Civic have not looked at.

I cannot comment on that particular Focus but the Focus is deemed to be the best handling car in it's class. I would certainly drive another one before ruling it out.

Another one to consider in the Mazda 3, same chassis as the Focus and probably as reliable as they get. Should be getting cheaper as a new model is due soon.

Advertisement