Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting back on track ....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Negative Chins x5x3x2

Then..

40 KB Swings x20kg
    400m run
    30 KB Swings x20kg
    600m run
    20 KB Swings x20kg
    800m run
    10 KB Swings x20kg

Time: 19:23

Best workout in a long time, was seeing stars by the end of it! Had to break down the first 40 swings into 20/20 and the second round of 30 into 20/10, but considering I'd normally do them with 16kg I'm pretty happy with it :D

Squat
    22.5kgx5x5

Deadlift
    40kgx5x1

OH Press
    20kgx5x5

Neg Chins 3xF (7,3,2)

Prone Bridge 30secx3 - haven't done these in an age and was surprised at how much easier I find them now

Figured a metcon would be overkill today so I left after that. Also finally got around to picking up a tub of protein, it's a bit shameful that I haven't been taking it in ages considering I'm a veggie:o I need all the help I can get! I really want to make sure I get the results I want from this program, so doing everything I can to make sure I do.

On a side note, feeling a pinch in my right shoulder from the back squat, not too sure what it is but it's just like a sharp pain when I set the weight down on it - nothing mad painful just annoying really.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭chuck101

hmmm, couple of things are catching the eye here.. obviously your aware of the current light protein situation at dinner time.. so that could do with some work..
    also olives, avocadoes, diff types of nuts( almonds, brazils,pecans etc.) are your friends here. coconut milk/oil also worth puttin in the mix here at various points..
    couple more things.. maybe pull dinner a little earlier if possible( just possibilities of messing with your sleep a little.. but i may stand corrected ?)
    also be careful of the diet 7up! :D

i'm sure the others will be along soon. so hope it helps a little.:)

chuck101 wrote: »
    hmmm, couple of things are catching the eye here.. obviously your aware of the current light protein situation at dinner time.. so that could do with some work..
    also olives, avocadoes, diff types of nuts( almonds, brazils,pecans etc.) are your friends here. coconut milk/oil also worth puttin in the mix here at various points..
    couple more things.. maybe pull dinner a little earlier if possible( just possibilities of messing with your sleep a little.. but i may stand corrected ?)
    also be careful of the diet 7up! :D

i'm sure the others will be along soon. so hope it helps a little.:)

Cheers mister, I pulled the post cause once I read it back I realised there wasn't a whole lot of advice I could get on it except to eat more protein, you know?

Appreciate the advice though :)

Not sure what to do this evening, have an absolute banging headache so kind of just want to go home and die a bit. But then I'm thinking a good metcon might kick it out of me, but then I'm also thinking I could wreck myself for tomorrows session if I go now when I'm already zonked.

Decisions, decisions, do tell me Chuck101, what would Jesus do?!:pac:

• Advertisement

Stronglifts Day 3
    Messed up on the first set of squats today, should have been 25kg but put 2 5's on the bar by mistake and only copped it after the set.

So..

Squat
    30kgx5x1
    25kgx5x4

Bench Press
    22.5x5x5

Inverted Rows
    3xF (20,15,15)

Push Ups
    3xF (5,4,3)

Reverse Crunches 20x3

Easy workout, was done in 20mins. Pretty wrecked today though so a metcon was a no-go. Can't wait til these weights get heavier,I miss grinding out those PB's, the 2.5 increments are a pain in the arse - roll on week 6!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

be patient - slow and steady wins the race

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

G86 wrote: »

Easy workout, was done in 20mins. Pretty wrecked today though so a metcon was a no-go. Can't wait til these weights get heavier,I miss grinding out those PB's, the 2.5 increments are a pain in the arse - roll on week 6!

When you are Squatting, pressing and deadlifting in one session and they are all heavy, you will wish for these days.

d'Oracle wrote: »
    When you are Squatting, pressing and deadlifting in one session and they are all heavy, you will wish for these days.

Bring it on!!:D

Been a bit frustrated lately by lack of progress but I know it's just a case of sticking at it. Was talking to Transform yesterday and have decided to up the starting weight on my deadlift in Stronglifts to 60kg and see how goes. He made a valid point that it's a beginners program and I'm not really a beginner so I should up the ante on it a bit. I'm going to stick with the Squats weight though cause I figure I'll start stalling pretty early on if I up the weight on it now. Also going to cut it down to the 2 lifting days a week option instead of 3 so that I've more room for metcons as my conditioning has gone to pot, burpess flipping killed me yesterday.

I want to get stronger but I want to get leaner too, I just wish doing the two at once wasn't do damn complicated!

• Advertisement

3 rounds of 50 OH Squats, albeit with a sweeping brush...

....but hey you gotta start somewhere!:D

Have decided that not being able to do them is annoying the hell out of me, and not doing them isn't going to fix it, so I'm going to practice the bloody things every freaking day now til I get a decent weight on them!

3 rounds of 50 OH Squats, albeit with a sweeping brush...

....but hey you gotta start somewhere!:D

Have decided that not being able to do them is annoying the hell out of me, and not doing them isn't going to fix it, so I'm going to practice the bloody things every freaking day now til I get a decent weight on them!
    good for you and i did something similar at home today. Just take your time and will be sending some good metcons real soon

Not feeling the best so no training for the next few days.

Woke up today and was able for breakfast so decided if I could eat I could train!:D

Squat
    30kgx5x5

Deadlift

60kgx5

OH Press
    22.5kgx5x5

Inverted Rows 3xF(20,20,15)

Prone Bridges
    3x30sec

Fran (scaled)

Inverted Rows
    Thrusters x 20kg (empty bar)
    Time: 4:10

Stretching/Foam Rolling

Shamed myself in the gym today.. started my deadlifts with 2 different sized plates on the bar!:o This guy came over and told me I might want to take the plates off and of course I thought he was saying it was too heavy so I'd say I gave him a right dirty look, poor guy! Then I realised I'd 2 different sized 20kg plates.. - but hey least they were the same weight!:p

Anyhows haven't done this workout in a while so thought I'd try it today, did it with 5kg up on the DL and improved by a minute on my last time so happy enough.

5 Deadlifts x60kg
    10 Burpess
    400m
    x5
    Time: 17:56

And yes Transform, burpees were chest to floor, even though it killed me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I want to get stronger but I want to get leaner too, I just wish doing the two at once wasn't do damn complicated!

Carb cycling?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Carb cycling?

Or just keep it simple and eat below maintenance. Strength's all about neural learning!! Both can be done, provided you're not losing a ton of bodyweight of really quickly of course.

Hanley wrote: »
    Or just keep it simple and eat below maintenance. Strength's all about neural learning!! Both can be done, provided you're not losing a ton of bodyweight of really quickly of course.

I don't regularly count cals but I'd always be under 1500 a day - so not really sure if I should cut down any more than that? I think it's just the carbs are my main prob as I'm a veggie, I do steer clear of bread and pasta but theres hidden carbs in freaking everything!! I 73.1kg, 5'10' and bodyfats back up at 15.5% at the mo so ideally I'd like it back down to 14% at least - but my body weight never really shifts that much, I mean it's only come down about 3 or 4kg in the past year.

Squat
    32.5kgx5x5

Bench Press

27.5kgx5x5

Inverted Rows
    3xF (30,15,15)

Push Ups

3xF (5,5,4)

Reverse Curls
    20x3

21-15-9
    Kettlebell Swingsx16kg
    Box Hops
    Time: 5:02

Time wasn't great but it was my first time doing box hops and my heart was in my mouth thinking I'd miss the box!:o Going for well under 5mins next time.

Stretching/Foam Rolling

OH Squat x50 Practiced with towel

Helen
    400m run
    21 KB Swings x 16kg
    12 Inverted Rows
    Time: 10:23

I went down to 16kg on the KB swings this time because I was only going to chest level with the 20kg, I can get overhead easy with the 16. Although, time was 20 secs more than last time which kinda sucked, some guy hopped on my treadmill halfway through and I had to switch so that prob took some time off me.

Jackie
    1000m Row
    50 Thrusters x 20kg (empty bar)
    30 Inverted Rows
    Time: 13:36

I'm just glad I finished this, those thrusters killed me! I ended up doing sets of 10,10,5,5,5,5,3,3,4 - jesus that burned.

Hanging Leg Raises - KTE's
    x10
    x5
    x5

• Advertisement

Have stupid tonsilitus so have to take it handy for a few days. However I did move house which involved lots of heavy lifting:pac: I'm calling out to crossfit for an intro session this weekend to see what the craic is there, tis a bit of a trek but I figure it could work out if I did the Saturday class and stuck to raw for the rest of the week.

Back in action now :)

Was thinking about heading out to crossfit once or twice a week but it isn't going to work out for me at the mo so going to stick with what I'm at. The guys were great though, and I discovered the art of green band pull ups - I need to get me one of those! :D

I really just need some fecking direction, I'm going off on a million different tangents about what my goals are. I mean I want to get stronger, I want to get my lifts up, I LOVE lifting heavy sh!t, ...but what's the point in that if my bodyfat goes up? Going to try and find a mid way point for now and see how I go.

Anyways:
    Deadlift 60kg x5x5
    Inverted Rows 15x5x5

Push Press 25kgx5x5
    Wall Balls 6kgx10x5

K2E's 5x5

Weighted Crunches 10kgx10x3

10 min run, intervals 11k/ph - 14k/ph

Tomorrow I'm going to test myself on a run and see how long I last, it's a while since I've done any real distance.

Oh dear lord, my abs are on FIRE. (I guess that means they must exist in there somewhere:o)

I'd walked about 8 miles today before I even got to the gym, if the weather was like this all the time I'd never get a bus anywhere!
    Didn't go for the run today, was roasting in the gym so the rower seemed more appealing 'cause of the fan aspect! :)

OH Squat Practice
    x20kg
    Did a few reps with the oly bar but still can't sit into a full squat with it, I'm going to just above parellel but any lower and I fall forward, just going to have to keep at it!

OH Squats with a towel
    x20
    Negative Chins x5
    x5

20 KB Swings x 16kg
    400m Row
    x5

KTE's 3x5reps

Reverse Curls 7kg med ballx10x3

Stretching/Foam Rolling - foam rolling hurt like HELL on my thighs today.

Got some advice yesterday that doing Turkish Get Ups would help my OH Squat so going to give them a go during the week, I've looked them up on youtube and they're a bit tricky looking but sure we'll see!

Today:
    Crossfit Daniel
    50 Inverted Rows
    400m run
    21 Thrusters x 25kg
    800m run
    21 Thrusters x 25kg
    50 Inverted Rows

Took around 20 mins, battery went on my phone so didn't get an exact time. First set of thrusters were unbroken, go me :) And the second set were 12/9.

Going to post my daily diet up here from now on too, just so I can keep better track of it. It's pretty clean, no junk food etc., which isn't a prob as haven't eaten it in years - but I'm a veggie so the carbs are a killer.

8am: 2 weetabix, soya milk
    12pm: Banana
    1.30pm: Cous cous and mixed bean salad.
    3.30pm: Nakd Fruit and Oat Bar
    7pm: (After Gym) Half a banana (dropped the other half!), handful of raisins - forgot my protein shake so had to have it later.
    8pm: Protein Shake
    9pm: Roasted Butternut Squash and Turnip with broccoli and green beans

Drinks wise, I developed a bit of a diet 7up addiction in the last few months but I've kicked that to the curb!

15 Lunges x 15kg (plate overhead)
    10 Weighted Crunches x 10kg
    5 Burpees
    x5

2:18 500m Row

Diet:
    8am: 2 Weetabix. Soya Milk
    1.30pm: Butternut Squash, bean and cous cous salad
    5.30pm: Protein Shake (1 scoop)
    7pm(after workout)Protein Shake (2 scoops)
    9:30pm: Sweet Potato and roasted veg (tis cooking now :) nom nom nom!)

15 Lunges x 15kg (plate overhead)
    10 Weighted Crunches x 10kg
    5 Burpees
    x5

2:18 500m Row

Diet:
    8am: 2 Weetabix. Soya Milk
    1.30pm: Butternut Squash, bean and cous cous salad
    7pm(after workout)Protein Shake (2 scoops)
    9:30pm: Sweet Potato and roasted veg (tis cooking now :) nom nom nom!)
    god i love walking lunges with a good heavy plate overhead

There's a guy in my gym I thought was from the internet...so I asked him, and he wasn't.:o

Squat
    30kgx5
    35kgx5
    40kgx5
    45kgx5
    45kgx5

Bench Press
    30kgx5
    35kgx5
    37.5kgx5
    37.5kgx5
    37,5kgx5

One Arms Rows 15kgx8
    Box Hopsx20
    x5

K2E's x5
    Push Ups x5
    x5

8am: 2 Weetabix, soya milk
    11am: Banana
    1.30pm: Mixed Bean, cous cous salad, handful cashew nuts
    3pm: Nakd Fruit and Oat Bar
    7.30pm: Protein Shake (2 scoops), 5 dried figs
    9pm: Sweet Potato, mixed veg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭1ceman

There's a guy in my gym I thought was from the internet...so I asked him, and he wasn't.:o

I laughed. "Are you from the internet?" :D

PS. Nice going on the workouts. I'm pretty sure we did a session together down at BHAF with Transform some time last year...

Advertisement