Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting back on track ....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

iv been there about a month now and not once have I ever seen a girl in the weights section.

No better woman to sort that out:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

G86 wrote: »
    No better woman to sort that out:D

If I wasnt in pain id be down there now trying to do what I was taught before I forget any of it! However im jetting off to Africa this coming week for 5 weeks so it will have to wait for my return! K gunna stop cluttering up your log now! :)

OH Squat Practice
    20kg 3reps x4
    25kg x 3reps x1:D
    I'm sooo going for 30kg in the next week or 2, getting the knack for these now!

Front Squat
    20kgx5
    30kgx5
    35kgx5
    35kgx5
    37.5kgx5
    Kept the weight lowish to work on technique, felt easy enough, pretty sure I'll work my way back up to 50kg soon. Just want to make sure I don't lose depth as I go heavier this time.

Weighted Crunches 20kgx10
    Burpees x 5
    x5
    (just threw this in when I was waiting on a bench to free up.)

One Arm Rows x15kgx10 (each side)
    Press Ups x AMRAP (8x7x6x6x5) Full length, focused on keeping them chest to floor
    x5

K2E's 5x5
    Side Bends x 20kgx10(each side)
    x5

Stretching/Foam Rolling

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Class session, flew through the deadlifts, been watching a few Rippetoe vids and even just adjusting my starting position has really improved my form.

Deadlift 60kgx5
    Inverted Rows x 10
    x5

Push Press x 25kg x 5
    Wall Balls x 7kg x 10
    x5

KTE's
    Side Bends x 20kg x 10 (each side)
    Weighted Crunches x 10kg x 10
    x3
    his videos as excellent

No DOMS today surprisingly, my legs are usually well fried after a squats session, the foam rolling might have helped I'd say. Metcon tonight...having a look at a few now, decisions, decisions!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

No DOMS today surprisingly, my legs are usually well fried after a squats session, the foam rolling might have helped I'd say. Metcon tonight...having a look at a few now, decisions, decisions!

I'm doing 5 burpees + 10 thrusters w/45kg - 10 rounds for time later on. Do something similar!!

Hanley wrote: »
    I'm doing 5 burpees + 10 thrusters w/45kg - 10 rounds for time later on. Do something similar!!

100 thrusters?! Part of your preppin for the Kalsu demon aye? Hmm I dunno...the mix of push presses and burpees pure killed me on Freddies Revenge!! But now I kinda wanna do it just to see.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

OH Squat Practice
    20kg 3reps x4
    25kg x 3reps x1:D
    I'm sooo going for 30kg in the next week or 2, getting the knack for these now!

Well done :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭1ceman

Go on G, scale it and kill it! :D

100 thrusters?! Part of your preppin for the Kalsu demon aye? Hmm I dunno...the mix of push presses and burpees pure killed me on Freddies Revenge!! But now I kinda wanna do it just to see.....

You know it... It's much more aerobically demanding than freddy's revenge. even do it with like 20-30kg. You'll survive!! (that's literally all you can hope for) Did the above workout in 13.35 back in Jan like. It left two holes in my hands from where I false gripped actually. Think I'll tape up and maybe glue the offending areas to stop them opening today...

• Advertisement

g'em wrote: »
    Well done :D

Thanks again miss, only for you I'd still be pansying about with a towel over my head!:pac:

I'm so sorry if you tried that....

I'm so sorry if you tried that....

You're not the only one...:pac:

10 Rounds of:
    10 Thrusters x 25kg for the first set and x20 for the rest
    5 Burpees
    Time: 18:23

I dont know how I finished this, by the 4th round I was fit to collapse! Had to lower the thrusters to 20kg after the first set or I wouldn't have got through it, as it was I had to break them up a fair bit in the last few sets - the fecking burpees were the easy part!!

Time might not be great, but I'm just glad I finished it!:D I actually couldn't lift the hairdryer up to dry my hair afterwards....

You're not the only one...:pac:

10 Rounds of:
    10 Thrusters x 25kg for the first set and x20 for the rest
    5 Burpees
    Time: 18:23

I dont know how I finished this, by the 4th round I was fit to collapse! Had to lower the thrusters to 20kg after the first set or I wouldn't have got through it, as it was I had to break them up a fair bit in the last few sets - the fecking burpees were the easy part!!

Time might not be great, but I'm just glad I finished it!:D I actually couldn't lift the hairdryer up to dry my hair afterwards....

Congrats on surviving it!! It's a total mind fcuk eh?? I was out on my feet for most of it. Got thru all sets but 3 and 6 doing the 10 thrusters all together. There were A LOT of breaks too. The potential is there to go sub-10 for me.

Thats twice now... Ya gonna listen to me a 3rd time?!

Congrats on surviving it!! It's a total mind fcuk eh?? I was out on my feet for most of it. Got thru all sets but 3 and 6 doing the 10 thrusters all together. There were A LOT of breaks too. The potential is there to go sub-10 for me.

Thats twice now... Ya gonna listen to me a 3rd time?!

I'd be happy to get sub 15! I might try it again...
    next year:pac:

I notice you still haven't done that bench metcon:D

I'd be happy to get sub 15! I might try it again...
    next year:pac:

I notice you still haven't done that bench metcon:D

No. No I have not.

I'm not sure about it tbh, the benching is just gonna be a test of muscular endurance, not cardio ability. I'll have to try it anyway tho. I usually do 1 ball buster a week, so that may be the one for next week.

No. No I have not.

I'm not sure about it tbh, the benching is just gonna be a test of muscular endurance, not cardio ability. I'll have to try it anyway tho. I usually do 1 ball buster a week, so that may be the one for next week.

You're saying you'd prefer cardio??!

Ooh you've turned over to the dark side.....

You're saying you'd prefer cardio??!

Ooh you've turned over to the dark side.....

Not at all. I just think if I'm gonna do a 30 minute metcon it should be hard on my lungs!! That being said, it's bracketed by 2k rows which would just be awful. I wonder if I could do sub-40.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,146 ✭✭✭COH

Not at all. I just think if I'm gonna do a 30 minute metcon it should be hard on my lungs!! That being said, it's bracketed by 2k rows which would just be awful. I wonder if I could do sub-40.

These metcons make me tired just thinking about them. I hate you people and your general levels of fitness!

...don't forget the squats for everytime you rest:D

• Advertisement

Have a banging headache since yesterday, so no deadlifting was going to happen tonight, just want to get to the leaba and crash out. Just did some powercleans practice with the oul broomhandle when I got home from work, I'm ok at them now if I start from a hanging position at my knees. But it's the whole movement that I'm not getting, once I start off from the ground instead I seem to automatically end up reverse curling the bar once I get it to my torso, frustration! I'll get there though :)

Light session today cause still feelin pretty out of sorts, just wanted to do something at least though.

Powercleans Practice
    20kgx5x5

-last 2 sets were full powercleans, pretty happy with that cause up til now I've just been practising starting from my knees.

OH Squat
    A few of the reps were unsteady, but once I focused on keeping my torso tight they were grand. Did a few single reps to start with, and then:
    20kgx3repsx4
    25kgx3repsx1

20KB Swings x 16kg
    400m run
    x3

Deadlift x 60kgx5
    Inv Rows x 10
    x5

Push Press x 25kgx5
    Walking Lunges with 15kg plate overhead x 10
    x5

Weighted Crunches x 15kg
    Russian Twists x 8kg
    Press Ups x 4
    x3

Foam Rolling/Stretching

Feeling like sh!t today, the workout really took it out of me. Last set was dire, could only manage 4 press ups and the weighted crunches killed me. Going to give it a rest of a few days til I'm back on form.

Currently contemplating trying the veggie version of the zone - 'The Soy Zone' - for a while to see how it goes. My diet isn't bad at the mo, but I know I need more protein other than from protein shakes, so I could do with monitoring my intake of it, and carbs, a bit more.

Reading up on it at the mo but I think I need to buy the book, it's a bit confusing! Anyway, won't be starting anything til I'm better, but...it's definitely a maybe for the near future. The only thing I'm wary of it getting too strict about my diet, I eat pretty healthily now but I don't want to go too extreme with it and be constantly thinking about every little thing I eat.

Was sick the past week, still not 100% so this workout probably wasn't the best idea....but after being accused of 'wimping out', it just had to be done!:pac:

50 Thrusters x 20kg
    1000m row
    50 Burpees

Time: 16.17

Happy enough 'cause I thought it would take about 20 mins, I think I'll try it again for sub 15. Jesus that last set of burpees pure killed me though, was hell, don't know how I got through them!

Was sick the past week, still not 100% so this workout probably wasn't the best idea....but after being accused of 'wimping out', it just had to be done!:pac:

50 Thrusters x 20kg
    1000m run
    50 Burpees

Time: 16.17

Happy enough 'cause I thought it would take about 20 mins, I think I'll try it again for sub 15. Jesus that last set of burpees pure killed me though, was hell, don't know how I got through them!

NICE!!

The burpees are just sh!t, because like you can always do another one.

Oops, was a 1000m ROW not run! Editing it now...

EPIC session!!!!!!:D:D

Only planned on working up to 45kg on my squat but decided to test my 1rm, and it's back up to 55kg now for the first time since I sorted out my depth, I'm well happy! Next goal is 60kg which was my 1rm in March (when my depth was crappy) and then BW, 73kg, just have to work out how to get there! Think I'll stick with the 5x5's for the mo and see how it goes.

Front Squat
    25kgx5
    30kgx5
    35kgx5
    40kgx5
    45kgx5
    50kgx3
    55kgx1

One Arm Rows 15kgx10
    Tricep Dips x10
    x5

Box Hops x15
    Press Ups x5
    x5

K2E's x5
    Side Bends 16kg x 10(each side)
    Weighted Crunches x 10kgx10
    x5

5k Run - 26mins
    this pure killed me, was already pretty wrecked and nearly stopped after 3k, but just threw my towel over the timer and powered on!

Stretching/Foam Rolling
    Did a fair bit of foam rolling as I got a bad cramp in my foot again mid workout and I think it's coming from my calves being tight. Surprisingly didn't feel too bad though, it was rolling my thighs that hurt like hell!

That's a pretty good 5k time....

• Advertisement

That's a pretty good 5k time....

It would fecking need to be, I nearly died.

Advertisement