Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting back on track ....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

d'Oracle wrote: »
    From clean to snatch grip?
    Its more difficulty than I would want.
    'specially if its heavyish.

I'd just split snatch or snatch balance it up there, much easier.
    But then, who am I to be listening to.

Tis harder to snatch it up if it's more than you can snatch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Tis harder to snatch it up if it's more than you can snatch!!

Then snatch balance, which is the easiest.

But then, hat would remove the power clean, which G obviously wants to work on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

d'Oracle wrote: »
    Then snatch balance, which is the easiest.

If your looking for easy i always found loading the bar around lockout height then walking it out easier.

I just woudn't have had the confidence to go snatch balancing 80kg like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

If your looking for easy i always found loading the bar around lockout height then walking it out easier.

I just woudn't have had the confidence to go snatch balancing 80kg like.

Sounds good.
    Though you could try split snatch balancing, which is probably as much of an abomination as it sounds.

Enough spamming up peoples logs.
    I'm off to torture my glutes with a hockey ball before bed.
    Saucy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

My thighs are on fire. Foam rolling is the anti-christ.

Negative Chins x 5 x 3 x 3 x 2

400m run
    10 KB Swings x 20kg :D PB
    x5
    Time: 14:03

Pretty happy with the swings, thought I'd only get the 20kg to chest height but got it overhead no bother:D Felt every step of those 400m's though, my thighs are KILLING me after the last few sessions!

Finished up with foam rolling

• Advertisement

I've cut my carbs down the past week by more than half. I was taking in over 300g daily til now, which was pretty high. I wasn't eating bread,white potatoes etc., it was mostly from the likes of veg/oats/fruit. But considering my cal intakes only about 1500 a day and my weight/bodyfat has pretty much stalled the past few months, I figured something had to give.

I'm down to 100-150g daily now, which isn't 'low carb' as such, but since I'm a veggie it's pretty damn low for me. I'm hoping it won't have an adverse effect on my workouts, haven't noticed anything so far - apart from my crappy deadlifting today, but that was just a case of messing up my form methinks.

Deadlift
    60kgx5
    70kgx5
    80kgx5
    90kgx2
    100kgx1
    110kg FAIL:mad: - I don't know what happened here, raging! I hit it about 2 months ago and I should be good for it now. I think I was more technique than strength that messed it up. I got it past my knees but just couldn't lock it out, it was so damn frustrating! A guy said to me after that I'd been jerking it as opposed to pulling it off the ground, so that might have been the prob. Also, he was saying the blue plates I used are smaller than the silver ones I normally use - I thought they were about the same size. So, that might have contributed to it too. But either way, I still failed it:mad: I WANT my 110kg back!!!!!

Push Press
    30kgx5
    OH Lunges x 15kg(plate OH)
    x5

Inverted Rows x 20
    Weighted Sit Ups 5kg x 15
    Press Ups x 10
    x5

100m sprint (16.5/17k p/h)
    30 sec rest

x10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

That's a savage deadlift, but yeah 110 would be more savage. Fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

G86 wrote: »
    A guy said to me after that I'd been jerking it as opposed to pulling it off the ground, so that might have been the prob.

Is this the same guy that comes onto you gives you friendly advice every workout? :D

Is this the same guy that comes onto you gives you friendly advice every workout? :D
    Don't judge all guys by your own standards mister:pac:

Squats - Low Bar - I did that many freakin sets of these I lost count!

Did about 10 warm up sets working on form, worked up to 40kg, then:

40kg x 5
    40kg x 5
    45kg x 5
    50kg x 3
    55kg x 3
    60kg x 1

- there were a good few fails and single reps in there too, but that's the jist of it! I don't think I've ever spent as long squatting! I'm going to try stick with low bar because the heavier weight with high bar was really pushing me forward before. It's a lot better now.

Bench

25kg x 5
    30kg x 5
    35kg x 5 x 5 :D - that's a 5x5 PR. It definitely made a big difference having someone spot me, although the last 2 reps were a tad dubious... Just checked there and I got 5x4 on it a few weeks ago, I'm surprised because it felt pretty damn hard today!

One Arm Rows x 20
    Tri Dips - elevated x 10

Box Hops
    KB Swings x 20kg

Weighted Sit Ups x 5kg
    Plank
    x 30sec
    x3

• Advertisement

OH Squats
    20kg x 3
    20kg x 3
    25kg x 3
    25kg x 3
    20kg x 3

Daniel
    50 Inverted Rows
    400m run
    21 Thrusters x 20kg
    800m run
    21 Thrusters x 20kg
    50 Inverted Rows

Time: 14:13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

110kg FAIL:mad: - I don't know what happened here, raging! I hit it about 2 months ago and I should be good for it now. I think I was more technique than strength that messed it up. I got it past my knees but just couldn't lock it out, it was so damn frustrating! A guy said to me after that I'd been jerking it as opposed to pulling it off the ground, so that might have been the prob. Also, he was saying the blue plates I used are smaller than the silver ones I normally use - I thought they were about the same size. So, that might have contributed to it too. But either way, I still failed it:mad: I WANT my 110kg back!!!!!

just chalk it down to a bad day, move on and you'll get it again with a bit of preparation!

Sh!t session, not feeling great the past few days and just had no energy.

Deadlift

60kgx5
    70kgx5
    80kgx5
    90kgx3
    80kgx5

400m run
    10 KB Swings x 20kg

x3

Time: 8:02

Was meant to be 5 rounds, and that was a sh!te time.

Pissed off and going to bed.

100 Burpees

11:23

This was a killer, nearly quit after 50. Pretty crap time too, but better than nothing! Headaches still at me but hopefully be on form for tomorrow - I gots some squattin to be doing!:D

Squats
    20kgx5
    30kgx5
    35kgx5
    40kgx5
    45kgx5
    50kgx5
    55kgx3

Right, I've some ranting to do. Word of advice to guys in the gym - if you're going to give constructive advice and be sound about it then it's greatly appreciated, BUT if you're going to be a condescending prick and talk sh!te out of your hole then walk on buddy, I'm sure you've some epic bicep curling to be doing.

I was all psyched to go for 60kg til this guy comes up telling me I'm going to wreck my back low barring and that I need to look up at the ceiling when squatting. I said I was grand thanks, but he just wouldn't let it go. I then told him this was how I'd learned and it was working for me so thanks again but I was fine - to which finally rolled his eyes and walked off. I was this close to telling him to fcuk off and was in no mood for going for 60 then. :mad:

Anyways, rant over!

Bench Press

20kgx5
    30kgx5
    35kgx5
    35kgx5
    35kgx5

One Arm Rows x 17.5kg x 10
    Tri Dips - elevated x 10
    x5

Box Hops
    KB Swings
    x 20kg

Weighted Sit Ups x 5kg x 10 x 3

OH Squats 20kgx3x4sets

5k run: 26:14

This killed me today, my legs were like jelly after it. Don't know what the story with that is, I've never felt that bad after just a run!

5 rounds of:

100 Squats
    20 Lunges
    35 Push Ups

Time: 31:54

I can't feel my legs...

I can't feel my legs...

The important thing is that I can. :D

funnyt-lolcat-recharging.jpg

Legs - Pain - Serious Pain! Was going to deadlift tonight, hahahaha - NO.

Going to finish up all my packing for the weekend (moving house Sat), and get a good session in tomorrow instead. When I can move my legs again.

Deadlift 70kg x 5
    Inverted Rows x 15
    x5

Military Press 25kg x 5x4x3x4x4 (first time doing this, normally do push presses, hopefully be good for a 5x5 on it next time)
    Lunges - 15kg Overhead 10x5

KTE's x5 (definite improvement in these)
    Weighted Sit Ups 5kg x 10
    x5

3 rounds of:
    500m Run
    10 KB Swings x 20kg
    5 Burpees

Dips(parallel bars) x 2:D First time trying these, was just finished and walking past the bars and decided to give them a go. Definitely going to try them early in my workout next session and see how I go for reps.

Stretching/Foam Rolling - hurt like HELL! Legs are still in bits from the squats the other day.

• Advertisement

OH Squat (cleaned the bar up)
    20kgx3
    20kgx3
    25kgx3
    25kgx3
    27.5kg x 1 - failed on the 2nd rep,lost my balance and nearly knocked myself out in the process:o Just left it at that then 'cause I was a bit unnerved!

Eva
    5 rounds of:
    800m run
    30 KB Swings x 16kg
    30 Inverted Rows

Time: 34:30

Murph
    1mile run
    100 inverted rows
    200 push ups
    300 squats
    1mile run

Time:39:27

Did it in ten rounds of 10,20,30. That last mile was HORRIBLE. My legs just weren't working!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

300 squats

Did it in ten rounds of 10,20,30. That last mile was HORRIBLE. My legs just weren't working!

Jesus im not surprised after 300 squats! I feel sore just reading that! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Murph
    1mile run
    100 inverted rows
    200 push ups
    300 squats
    1mile run

Time:39:27

What the fcuk... how?!?? That's ridiculous.

Hanley wrote: »
    What the fcuk... how?!?? That's ridiculous.

Ridiculous how?? I scaled the fcuk out of it like, inverted rows were piss easy and most of the push ups were from the knees so flew through them. Started off with full length ones and good intentions, it didn't last long!:o I'd say the pull ups take up a fair whack of the time when it's done rx'ed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Ridiculous how?? I scaled the fcuk out of it like, inverted rows were piss easy and most of the push ups were from the knees so flew through them. Started off with full length ones and good intentions, it didn't last long!:o I'd say the pull ups take up a fair whack of the time when it's done rx'ed.

I dunno... When ya do it Cindy style I'd say they take around the same as inverted rows. They would for me anyway. Maybe marginally less for inverted rows but not much.

Great time anyway!!

Hanley wrote: »
    I dunno... When ya do it Cindy style I'd say they take around the same as inverted rows. They would for me anyway. Maybe marginally less for inverted rows but not much.

Great time anyway!!

Really? Class, I'm all proud of myself now:D Really have to work on my push ups too, can only bang out 8 full length in a row, tis a tad frustrating.

One word, 3 syllables.. Impressive!

Just had a proper look on fitday.com, I've been on it before but never really bothered with it properly til now - it's fecking class!! So much easier than googling everything! I'm going to rob Holdfasts idea :) and post up my intake %'s to try and keep track.

This is from yesterday. I'm still keeping the carbs in around 100-150g; being veggie I thought I'd find it really tough to lower them but it's pretty manageable. My protein count isn't as bad as I thought it'd be, it's 69g, and going by the 1/1.5g per kg rule I should be on at least 73g daily. I was taking protein shakes up until recently, but just never got around to buying a new tub - so they'll help to up it once I get more. The fat count seems high-ish, but there's only 10g of saturated fat there so not too concerned.

Cals: 1505
    Fat: 78g (44%)
    Carbs: 152g (40%)
    Protein: 69g (16%)

My recommended calorie intake in order to create a deficit is around 1900, and I think the extra deficit I've had by being at 1300-1500 might have stalled my progress, so been trying to up it a bit. It's hard to up the cals without upping carbs though! Almond butter ftw I guess! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭holdfast

I agree with using fitday it show exactly what you eating . Great job on some epic workouts

Advertisement