Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting back on track ....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Came home with a savage headache, meh. But still managed to whack out a decent Franley.

Franley
    Burpees
    Squats
    Time: 4:45

Beat my best time by 35 secs:D

Cals: 1632
    Fat 91.3g (48%)
    Carbs 149.9g (36%)
    Protein 71.4g (15%)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

G86 wrote: »
    Came home with a savage headache, meh. But still managed to whack out a decent Franley.

Franley
    Burpees
    Squats
    Time: 4:45

Beat my best time by 35 secs:D

Amazing workout.

Good time too!! :D

Hanley wrote: »
    Amazing workout.

Good time too!! :D

haha yeah I wonder who came up with it:pac:

Had an epic session with Hanley, Cardio, L, and COH in RAW today, it was like PR heaven!!!:D:D

Deadlift:

60kgx5
    70kgx5
    80kgx3
    90kgx1
    100kgx1
    105kgx1
    110kgx1:D:D:D I got my PR back!!!! It's about 3 months since I've lifted 110, feckin delighted.
    115kg-Fail, it just wasn't going up, got it about 2 inches off the ground. Defo go for it again soon though!

Squat

Few warm up sets and then:
    40kgx5
    45kgx5
    50kgx5
    55kgx3
    60kgx3 PR
    65kgx1 PR

Bench
    20kgx5
    30kgx5
    35kgx5
    40kgx5 PR
    42.5kgx3 PR did 5 reps but had assistance with the last 2

Serious kudos to COH for sortin the guys out and for all the spotting, appreciate it :) Oh and L cheers for the wee pep talk before that 110!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Really good lifting today!! All the volume coming up to the 115kg attempt wouldn't have helped your chances, but it's definitely there based off the bar speed of the 110kg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,146 ✭✭✭COH

Last set on the bench was 42.5kg x3 +2assisted... just for the record. The 115kg deadlift is definately there for the taking, as is a 70kg squat. Solid lifting, fair play to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Deadlift:

60kgx5
    70kgx5
    80kgx3
    90kgx1
    100kgx1
    105kgx1
    110kgx1:D:D:D I got my PR back!!!! It's about 3 months since I've lifted 110, feckin delighted.
    115kg-Fail, it just wasn't going up, got it about 2 inches off the ground. Defo go for it again soon though!

Squat

Few warm up sets and then:
    40kgx5
    45kgx5
    50kgx5
    55kgx3
    60kgx3 PR
    65kgx1 PR

Bench
    20kgx5
    30kgx5
    35kgx5
    40kgx5 PR
    42.5kgx3 PR did 5 reps but had assistance with the last 2

Holy crap, that is damn IMPRESSIVE!!!! Really like reading your log, it always makes me think 'if she can do it, maybe i can.........someday....in the very distant future :D:D!!!'

Keep up the good work!

gymfreak wrote: »
    Holy crap, that is damn IMPRESSIVE!!!! Really like reading your log, it always makes me think 'if she can do it, maybe i can.........someday....in the very distant future :D:D!!!'

Keep up the good work!

Ah thanks chick :), sinus infection at mo an feeling a bit sh!te so have wussed out of a few sessions in favour of my bed this week. Sure you're flying along yourself! You should test your 1rm on the squat, if you're doing 5 reps at 52.5kg you'd soooo be good for a bodyweight 1rm :D

OH Squat
    20kgx5
    20kgx5
    25kgx3
    25kgx3
    27.5kgx2

Dipsx3
    -these were dubious, defo not full range. Meh. I HATE being bad at stuff.

Bobbys lil bastard:

4 rounds of
    400m run
    30 lunges
    20 KB Swingsx16kg
    10 Thrustersx20kg
    5 Burpees
    Time: 22:11

Don't know how I finished this, feeling like absolute sh!te and the room was spinning by the end of it. Took me way longer than it should have.

Wrecked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Don't know how I finished this, feeling like absolute sh!te and the room was spinning by the end of it. Took me way longer than it should have.
    Wrecked.

I have the cure..
    Raw-Meat-1.jpg

• Advertisement

Are you purposely trying to make me spew my guts up?

Not impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

*jism*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Well he was kind enough to include some vegtables :)

Will be doing less training for a while so won't be updating this as much. But be back in full swing in no time, hopefully with a 120kg deadlift:)

Here's a bit of a weird one.

Been sick lately and not been training, also I'd say carbs are back up to around 200g, but I've somehow managed to lose weight and gone down from 73kg to 70kg. If it's muscle I'll be mightily pissed off, but I doubt it in the space of just a week or so. If anyone reading this thinks they've an plausible explanation please share!

Not digging fitday - the whole calorie/carb counting buzz just isn't for me, I did it for 2 weeks before it started to wreck my head. My diets already clean in fairness and I don't really want to have to plan my meals over how many carbs or cals there are in a head of broccolli.... I just want to lift heavy sh!t and keep the belly at bay :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Will be doing less training for a while so won't be updating this as much. But be back in full swing in no time, hopefully with a 120kg deadlift:)

**** I need to up my deadlift quickly so. I wouldn't bother logging veggies in fitday tbh, its ****ing painful trying to log every little item and having to go through all the ****e americans eat, then create a new food so you can log it, etc, etc.

**** I need to up my deadlift quickly so. I wouldn't bother logging veggies in fitday tbh, its ****ing painful trying to log every little item and having to go through all the ****e americans eat, then create a new food so you can log it, etc, etc.

Haha don't worry, I'm being a tad optimistic:p, 10kg to go yet!

Bit hard not to log veggies when you're a vegetarian:pac: I'm not using it anymore though, wrecked my head having to monitor what was in everything single thing I ate -that in itself can't be healthy!

On a side note, apparently my clean and press sucks; now I already knew this considering I'm still just practising cleans and it's a means to an end for my overhead squats, so I'm open to any help with it. But I'm a tad puzzled as to why the person who noticed it couldn't have just come up and said it to me(and maybe actually helped me!) instead of ranting about it to my boyfriend!

Now I'm 69kg. This is the first time I've been under 72kg in about 6 years, regardless of my bodyfat going down. I'd actually love to know what it is now - callipers anyone?:pac: Seriously though, this maketh zero sense to me, but I'm not complaining!

I was thinking I'd head out to IP for a wee looksee next week, I need to shake things up, getting bored. But if this craic this keeps up when I'm back in the gym I'm saying screw the fecking cardio and starting a decent deadlift program. Hmm...Coan or IP......

Great to see your logging again!! With regards to the weightloss...happy days!! I went on hols a few weeks back,,ate and drank everyting in sight and managed to lose a few kilos...it did somehow manage to make its way back to me within a week or so:D ah well!

If your thinkin of heading to IP get some really really really good directions is all i'll say:D:D dat or sat nav!

gymfreak wrote: »
    Great to see your logging again!! With regards to the weightloss...happy days!! I went on hols a few weeks back,,ate and drank everyting in sight and managed to lose a few kilos...it did somehow manage to make its way back to me within a week or so:D ah well!

If your thinkin of heading to IP get some really really really good directions is all i'll say:D:D dat or sat nav!
    haha aye now wouldn't it be great if I could just get back to logging workouts instead of random sh!te:p

Ach don't be saying that to me, I'd a feeling was too good to be true. I was never one for weighing myself, but when I'm missing sessions I need some way to convince myself I ain't turning into no fatass!

As for sat nav - does the bus have one? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭TheZ

Myfitnesspal.com is a good food log site it has lots of Irish food so you'll find food that we have and not just all US brand names

TheZ wrote: »
    Myfitnesspal.com is a good food log site it has lots of Irish food so you'll find food that we have and not just all US brand names

Ah cheers but it wasn't the difficulty of it to be honest, I just didn't like checking exactly what was in every single thing I hate. Not for me!

What a session....:D:D

Stupidly decided that after 2 weeks off sick I'd be fit for a BW Squat...didn't happen! Legs were fair shaky but nailed out a few sets and then switched over to front squats. Might stick with them for the next while for a change.

Squat
    Warm up sets with empty bar
    Then:
    30kgx5
    40kgx5
    50kgx5
    60kg FAIL - went for it twice and failed twice, meh. Bit sickened cause thought I'd be good for 70kg today after 2 weeks off. But I guess 2 weeks off sick is a bit different to a 2 week break!

Front Squat
    Warm up sets empty bar
    Then:
    30kgx5
    30kgx5
    35kgx5

Coan Phillipi - Week 1
    Deadlift
    Warm up sets then:
    90kgx2
    75kgx8x3 (speed deadlift,90secs) - this should have been 72.5, didn't realise I'd 75 on til halfway through.

Circuit x 3
    Stiff Leg Deadlift 60kgx8 (the 90secs actually felt like forever to me, I normally only rest about a minute!)
    Bent over rows 20kg/20kg/25kgx8
    Inverted Rows x8
    Good Mornings 20kgx8

First time doing bent over rows and good mornings and haven't done SLDL's in ages, so kept the weight lowish - will definitely up it next week. Felt a serious pull on my thighs with the GM's - the face on me was comical!

Lost my grip on the last set of rows and SLDL's, should have used COH's chalk but I'm stubborn and never had probs with grip before so wanted to see how I got on. He's also trying to coerce me into the world of belts and wraps...I think by week 5 of this I might just be tempted! Massive thanks for all the help today mister.

Finished up with
    2k run in 10:20.

And yes, I know squats and Coan in the one day isn't wise, but sure where did being sensible ever get ya:D Definitely running something for my squats when I finish this.

I'm baaaaaaaack baby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Not a bad session atall for someone whos been sick for two weeks! Nice one! :)

Oh dear god, the pain......

Was just reading over my log and realised I hadn't even started regular deadlifts this time last year, I was still doing straight legged ones at 30kg! So I went from a 30kg sldl to a 110kg deadlift in 5 months:D I want my newbie gains back!

I also wasted waaay to much time not squatting and deadlifting, so anyone who's reading this that isn't - SORT IT OUT!:D

I think I may be high on painkillers...

Was just reading over my log and realised I hadn't even started regular deadlifts this time last year, I was still doing straight legged ones at 30kg! So I went from a 30kg sldl to a 110kg deadlift in 5 months:D I want my newbie gains back!

I also wasted waaay to much time not squatting and deadlifting, so anyone who's reading this that isn't - SORT IT OUT!:D

I think I may be high on painkillers...

5 months you say eh! If I can dl my own bodyweight by xmas that would be just lovely!

Do you mean you wasted too much time deadlifting and not squatting or both?

Hows your depth now? (Stupid Q, im sure its great) How long did it take to get good? Mine is just superbly shocking!

5 months you say eh! If I can dl my own bodyweight by xmas that would be just lovely!

Do you mean you wasted too much time deadlifting and not squatting or both?

Hows your depth now? (Stupid Q, im sure its great) How long did it take to get good? Mine is just superbly shocking!

I mean I wasted too much time NOT deadlifting or squatting! :D

My depth is alot better than it was, I used to hardly break parallel, even on air squats - but some training with G'em and COH soon sorted that out:) It wasn't great yesterday on the heavier reps, but I think I was just a bit unsteady from the time off. If you're having probs with depth maybe try front squats, I hadn't done them in a good while but the ones I did yesterday were defo deeper than my back squats.

Try having someone spot you for them for a while, I know I feel alot more confident with someone behind me. Sounds stupid because I know the safety bars are just as good, but if I'm going for a max effort I defo prefer having a spotter. I hate failing on back squats, always feel like I'm gonna get crushed!

I mean I wasted too much time NOT deadlifting or squatting! :D

My depth is alot better than it was, I used to hardly break parallel, even on air squats - but some training with G'em and COH soon sorted that out:) It wasn't great yesterday on the heavier reps, but I think I was just a bit unsteady from the time off. If you're having probs with depth maybe try front squats, I hadn't done them in a good while but the ones I did yesterday were defo deeper than my back squats.

Try having someone spot you for them for a while, I know I feel alot more confident with someone behind me. Sounds stupid because I know the safety bars are just as good, but if I'm going for a max effort I defo prefer having a spotter. I hate failing on back squats, always feel like I'm gonna get crushed!

Gotcha, thought you were saying you werent doing one and it was affecting the other! Yeah our rack isnt near a mirror and the girl I go with were a bit like the blind leading the blind tbh! Like one of us will as the other if were doing all right and the reply is like "ehhh graaand I think?!" Ah, Im sure its nothing that can't be knocked out with some more practice!

• Advertisement

Here's a question for ya...first off, I think faaaar to much about things..had gone to an instructor to explain to me how the safety bars would work if I failed..as in if i failed what happens..do i just fall on my bum and the bar would rack or is there a way I'd have to fall?? Didnt get an answer..was just told to get a spotter

So what does happen if I fail on a rep? I think if i knew d answer I'd be more confident adding weight..instead of be terrified:)

Advertisement