Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting back on track ....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Walking Lunges 8kgx10

Barbell Press 2 7kg dumb bells x10

x4

SLDL 40kgx10

x3

Bicep Curls 8kgx10

Tricep Kickbacks 6kg x 10

Decline Curls x 15

x4

Increased SLDL to 40kg but only did 3 sets cause on the last set I could feel the pull on my back and I figured my form must have been getting dodgy.

Also 10 mins intervals on treadmill

Step Ups 8kg x 16

One Arm Row 14kgx8

x4

Incline Bench Press 10kgx6

Hip Lifts

x4
    Tabata Double Crunches for 20 secs on, 10 secs rest, 8 rounds
    (I'm still lousy at these, taking me ages! meh!)

Lateral Raises 4kg x 10 (still find these difficult)
    x4

10 mins intervals treadmill

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Fair play to ye. You're doing great!

Cheers Khannie, I've a review and a new program to up the ante a bit on Thurs - so I'll know then if I'm making much progress! Fingers crossed:)

Today:

Walking Lunges 9kgx16

Barbell Press 2 7kg dumb bells x10

x4

SLDL 40kgx10

x4

Bicep Curls 8kgx10

Tricep Kickbacks 6kg x 10 and 7kg x10 for last 2 sets

Decline Curls x 15

x4

Also 10 mins intervals on treadmill

Last night:

30 mins intervals cross trainer

• Advertisement

Had a review and new work out session today, my legs are killing me already - tomorrow morn is going to be fun!:o

I'll post up what I did along with my new stats tomorrow when the new programs emailed to me, from what I remember my BF is down to 16.9, not much of a difference but sure it's something at least!

Got my stats from the review, there's v.little difference to be honest though, really disappointed with myself 'cause I thought I was doing better:( It's just pretty disheartening that my weights barely changed, I know it's not a good measure but I'd like it down to 72kg at least.

Current Body fat – 16.9% Subscap 14mm, Triceps 10mm, Hips 15mm, Thighs 15mm at 77kg

Previous fat – 18.3% Subscap 12mm, Triceps 11mm, Hips 18mm, Thighs 15mm at 77.3kg

I think it's just time to get my diet super clean, it's been pretty good, the only thing I'd say I can do is go even lower on the carbs - worth a shot at least.

Ok that's my wee rant over!! I'll just have to work harder :) Heading to the gym later so I'll post up then.

Just back from the gym. I was meant to be doing a dumbell powerclean as part of my routine, but I couldn't remember how to do it right so I asked one of the instructors there..and to be honest he wasn't much help. First of all he didn't know what a dumbell powerclean was and had to ask someone else - who also didn't know.

Then when I explained he told me I'd be better using a bar and completely comfused me by saying I'm not meant to jump my feet at all? I thought when lifting upward I then reposition my feet? I'm sure I'm right on that one but he was adamant I wasn't. Then he proceeded to tell me that 10- 8kg dumbells were too heavy for me and that the exercise in general was a bit advanced!

I'm told him it was grand and that I'd sort it out myself, so I'd say I'll just ask Dominic to run through it with me again.

Anyway, I did thrusters instead of the powerclean because I knew I was doing it wrong, still got a good workout out of it though.

SLDL 10x 40kgx 5
    Bench Press 10x9kgx5

Metcon 21,18,15,12,9,6
    Thrusters x 8kg
    Situps
    Back Extensions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

best to remind readers that your a veggie so not the easiest to keep the carbs very low

sent you email on the other item

Yeah that's true, tis a fair bit harder.

Definitely not hitting gym today, my neck/back hurt ALOT:( Plus 2hour dentist apt after work so don't think I'd be in any fit state after that.

• Advertisement

My neck and back have been really sore since the last session so I just did cardio today, seems to be getting better now so I'll get back to the routine tomorrow.

Today: 30 mins crosstrainer

Today:

500 Metres
    50 Crunches
    25 Press ups
    15 Bicep Curls x8kg

x5
    ( ran at 12k for first round and 12.5k for last 4)

Time: 30.12 mins

I'm doing the press ups on a step as I tend to arch my back so it's helping me not to, also don't think I went low enough with them but I tried my best!

This is my first time doing this work out so hopefully the time will improve next time!

today:

Burpees x 12
    Thrusters x 6kg x 12
    One arm rows x 14kg x 12

x5

Freaking stop watch didn 't start so not sure on time, I'd say was around 20 mins, took me a fair while because I stopped in the last set of thrusters at the 6th rep for a min, and also in the burpees, god I really don't like burpees.....! One arm rows were grand.

Did a quick 1k sprint at the end at 12.5k p/h.

Went to Dominics (Transform) group session today, I'd say I'll feel it tomorrow!!

It was 6 rounds of the routine below, 3 rounds at 30 secs per exercise, 2 rounds at 20 sec, and 1 round at 10sec.

2 mins Bike
    Thrusters x 6.5kg
    Inverted Rows
    Ball Throws
    Tricep Dips
    Step Ups
    Weighted Crunches x 4kg

x5

I'm still not great at inverted rows, have to do them at an angle, but I think I was a bit better today, well...I tried!:o

Long Metcon:

1k @11.5 p/h

50 Deadlifts x 40kg
    (this was meant to be a sumo deadlift, but I couldn't remember whether to bend my legs or not...so went with a deadlift instead and checked a vid of the sumo this evening to get it right for next time)

40 wall balls

30 lunges (per leg)

1k @ 11.5 p/h

Time: 20.13

20 mins seems ages for this..but had a few problems along the way that might have slowed me down a bit..like the sumo. Also I've no wall to do the wall balls at in the gym, it's all fecking glassy, so I did them without releasing the ball for the throw. Also, there's only 2 medicine balls, and I'd be surprised if either of them weigh more than 1kg, it doesn't say what weight they are.

I knew by the end of it that I could have worked a bit harder with the weights. Although I'd say doing the sumo deadlift instead the next time will make a big difference to it.

Today:

Deadlift x 40kg x 10
    Dumbbell Bench Press x 8kg x 10

x5

Metcon 21,18,15,12,9,6,3
    Dumbbell Powerclean x 7kg
    Crunches
    Back Extensions

Flew through the metcon today, finally getting a grip in the powercleans, although I think I could up the weight a fair bit next time. Must get an actual stopwatch 'cause I keep using the one on my phone and every time I get a call it goes off! So didn't get a time today but will next time. I was pure sickened the timer went off because I've got used to pushing myself for time now, makes it more interesting!

G86 wrote: »
    Long Metcon:

1k @11.5 p/h

50 Deadlifts x 40kg
    (this was meant to be a sumo deadlift, but I couldn't remember whether to bend my legs or not...so went with a deadlift instead and checked a vid of the sumo this evening to get it right for next time)

40 wall balls

30 lunges (per leg)

1k @ 11.5 p/h

Time: 20.13

20 mins seems ages for this..but had a few problems along the way that might have slowed me down a bit..like the sumo. Also I've no wall to do the wall balls at in the gym, it's all fecking glassy, so I did them without releasing the ball for the throw. Also, there's only 2 medicine balls, and I'd be surprised if either of them weigh more than 1kg, it doesn't say what weight they are.

I knew by the end of it that I could have worked a bit harder with the weights. Although I'd say doing the sumo deadlift instead the next time will make a big difference to it.
    yes doing the sumo deadlift HIGH PULLS makes a difference NOT a sumo deadlift with 20-30kg. The time will me slower next time but doing the right exercise is important

Transform wrote: »
    yes doing the sumo deadlift HIGH PULLS makes a difference NOT a sumo deadlift with 20-30kg. The time will me slower next time but doing the right exercise is important

Sorry!! :o I just wasn't sure on it and wanted to check the vid before doing it (which I of course forgot to do that morn!). I'll do it right next time!!!:)

500 Metres @ 12.5k for first 3 rounds and 13k for last 2.
    50 Crunches
    25 Press ups
    25 Bicep Curls x8kg

x5

Time: 32:57

I couldn't figure out why this took me longer today, then I checked when I got home and realised it was meant to be FIFTEEN bicep curls..not 25!!!!Now I know why I had to stop halfway through the last 2 sets!!

Couldn't get a step for the press ups so they probably took me a bit longer as I was trying not to arch my back and I stopped a few times too mid set.

Really happy with today though, I actually could not move my arms by the end of it, they were pure dead!

Last night: 3k run.

feeling a bit unwell this week but decided I'd go for a run at least, but pure died soon as I hit 3k, hopefully be back on form for tomorrow.

• Advertisement

take it easy for a session or two and do not push it too hard.

You always need lots of flexibility work so if in doubt do less and spend 20-30mins stretching

Aye I took a rest from it for a few days there but starting to feel a bit better this eve so going to get back at it tomorrow :)

excellent - keep it up and stay with the diet and getting in enough protein and good fats

last night

Deadlift x 40kg x 10
    Dumbbell Bench Press x 9kg x 10 for first 2 sets and 8kg x 10 for last 3

x5

Metcon 21,18,15,12,9,6,3
    Dumbbell Powerclean x 8kg
    Crunches
    Back Extensions
    TIME: 7.20

Today:

500 Metres @ 13k p/h for first 4 rounds and 13.5k for last 1.
    50 Crunches
    25 Press ups
    15 Bicep Curls x8kg

x5

Time: 28:48

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

jesus that workout looks like hell!

jesus that workout looks like hell!

Ha aye but you know I actually don't mind that one!:) The press ups are the only part I'm not keen on, mainly because I suck at them and I don't like being bad at things!

The dreaded burpees are in tonights session though...can't say I'm looking forward to that! I'll post up later.

today:

Burpees x 12
    Thrusters x 7kg x 12 first 2 sets and 6kg for last 4
    One arm rows x 14kg x 12

x6

Time: 16.48 mins.

Last round of burpees pure killed me, getting better at them though, slowly but surely!

love the burpees!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Ha, evil things so they are, everytime I breathe today it hurts!!! lol

Anyhow, today:

Cardio - Crosstrainer intervals for 30 mins. 2 mins level 10 and 1 min at level 14.

Most boring half hour of my life.... :rolleyes:

Advertisement