Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting back on track ....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Will Heffernan

G86 wrote: »
    Well now, you didn't tell me that did ya:p
    I need to give you written orders daily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

I need to give you written orders daily.

If this was a question, yes is the answer :p

I get bored easily.

If this was a question, yes is the answer :p

I get bored easily.
    When you are getting bored doing the drills in that warm up you should be focussing on how bored you will make everyone else when they'll be listening to you going on and on about your flawless 120kg deadlift...why don't you use that as motivation to do as you are told and do what you actually need to do.

That warm up is more about you and that grippled functional gimp of a boyfriend of yours then it is about just about anyone else in IP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

That warm up is more about you and that grippled functional gimp of a boyfriend of yours then it is about just about anyone else in IP.

Hey, I resent that .. I prefer to look at it as 'creative' hip mobility..

Hey, I resent that .. I prefer to look at it as 'creative' hip mobility..
    I'm surprised you can even get that ass of your square on the crapper.

• Advertisement

When you are getting bored doing the drills in that warm up you should be focussing on how bored you will make everyone else when they'll be listening to you going on and on about your flawless 120kg deadlift...why don't you use that as motivation to do as you are told and do what you actually need to do.

120kg you say? Bring on the warm ups then so :D In all seriousness though, 5 rounds? Can we settle on 3? That warm up takes ages, and considering the bus is only going halfways that trek in the snow is warming me up a fair bit anyhows! :p

My head is too sore to put my motivated cap on and ice skate my way out there tonight, so I'll see ye tomorrow.

120kg you say?
    Absolutely.
    Bring on the warm ups then so :D In all seriousness though, 5 rounds? Can we settle on 3? That warm up takes ages, and considering the bus is only going halfways that trek in the snow is warming me up a fair bit anyhows! :p
    3 is just fine...you are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else, and we are all part of the same compost pile...you can do 3 rounds just like everyone else.
    My head is too sore to put my motivated cap on and ice skate my way out there tonight, so I'll see ye tomorrow.
    No problemo...see you tomorrow.

3 is just fine...you are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else, and we are all part of the same compost pile...you can do 3 rounds just like everyone else.

Are Henners and T beautiful and unique? They only had to do 2 rounds...:pac:

Are Henners and T beautiful and unique? They only had to do 2 rounds...:pac:
    It's a matter of leading horses to water and all that.

Took me over an over an hour to get out to the gym, was waiting ages on the bus and then when it came it diverted to the arsehole of nowhere.

IP warm up
    3 rounds of 10
    X band Walks
    Scap push ups
    hurdle over unders
    band face pulls
    hurdle step overs
    scap inverted rows

10' conditioning block
    Prowler + 40kg
    push every 45 seconds
    14 pushes.

Work Block
    5 Reverse lunges e/s + 5kg
    10 pushups
    10 grey band pullups
    5 rounds in 7mins

Gave up on this halfway through and headed home. I've no excuse other than I just didn't have the energy to keep going. Finding myself wrecked before I even get to the gym in the evening, so just making myself go at the moment is an effort. Ah I dunno. Apologies to anyone reading this for the sh!tbox of workouts I've had lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Do ya fancy doing some training together Sat morning maybe? Ya might be all refreshed seeing as it'll be start of the weekend and I'll just sync in with whatever con or strength that your doing??

gymfreak wrote: »
    Do ya fancy doing some training together Sat morning maybe? Ya might be all refreshed seeing as it'll be start of the weekend and I'll just sync in with whatever con or strength that your doing??

I'll give ya a shout before the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Took me over an over an hour to get out to the gym, was waiting ages on the bus and then when it came it diverted to the arsehole of nowhere.

IP warm up
    3 rounds of 10
    X band Walks
    Scap push ups
    hurdle over unders
    band face pulls
    hurdle step overs
    scap inverted rows

Work Block
    10 pushups
    10 grey band pullups
    5 rounds in 7mins

Gave up on this halfway through and headed home. I've no excuse other than I just didn't have the energy to keep going. Finding myself wrecked before I even get to the gym in the evening, so just making myself go at the moment is an effort. Ah I dunno. Apologies to anyone reading this for the sh!tbox of workouts I've had lately.

you forgot this:

10' conditioning block
    Prowler + 40kg
    push every 45 seconds
    14 pushes.

good hussle

you forgot this:

10' conditioning block
    Prowler + 40kg
    push every 45 seconds
    14 pushes.

good hussle

Just stuck it in there, cheers.

I've had pretty bad headaches the past few days, dosed up on Tylex at mo so hoping that'll kick it for this eve so I can go train, but right now getting outta bed is the last thing I wanna do.

Might do the conditioning session with Karla tomorrow and see how I go then. (after she kicks my ass :) )

I've had pretty bad headaches the past few days, dosed up on Tylex at mo so hoping that'll kick it for this eve so I can go train, but right now getting outta bed is the last thing I wanna do.
    You shouldn't.
    Might do the conditioning session with Karla tomorrow and see how I go then. (after she kicks my ass :) )
    You should.

Wasn't going to train today, still not feeling great, but dragged my sorry ass over anyways - and got Karla to babysit me through a conditioning block so that I didn't quit halfways:p

IP Warm Upx3

10mins Con. Block

Prowler pushes 60kg
    12 pushes each in 10mins

Work Block 15mins
    10 pushups
    10 grey band pullups
    11 rounds in 15mins
    This KILLED me, it was the worst one of the session. I nearly passed out after it, I kid you not.

10mins Con. Block
    Prowler pushes 60kg
    There were 3 of us alternating pushes so had longer breaks on this one. Was alot easier.
    12 pushes each in 15mins

Work Block 15mins

5 Hang Clean and Press 20kg
    10 DB Pushups rows 7.5kg
    10 Situps
    6 rounds in 15mins
    Those rows are the ****ing anti-christ. Seriously.

I'm just glad I finished it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Work Block 15mins
    10 pushups
    10 grey band pullups
    11 rounds in 15mins
    This KILLED me, it was the worst one of the session. I nearly passed out after it, I kid you not. .

You looked sick before you even warmed up, I seriously didn't think you'd be able for anything today...roll on a few mins later, when I was fecking wishing you'd slow down on this block so I could too....it didnt happen:(:D
    Much easier 2nd time round tho,not easy but definitely easier!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭fullback4glin

Work Block 15mins

5 Hang Clean and Press 20kg
    10 DB Pushups rows 7.5kg
    10 Situps
    6 rounds in 15mins

I'm just glad I finished it out.

That Work Block is nothing less than torturous!
    Good job

Speed Deadlifts
    40kg x 5
    40kg x 5
    50kg x 5
    60kg x 3 x 8 sets
    kept these light to work on technique and I think it's improving :)

Elevated split lunge
    4 x 8
    - these hurt like hell, had to do them standing on a step.

Hanging Leg Raises
    15x3 - these were broken up, and my knees were bent for the most part.

Bench Press
    20kg x 8
    30kg x 8
    40kg x 5
    43kg x 3 PR
    41kg x 5 PR
    43kg x 4 PR
    43kg x 3 PR
    43kg x 4 PR
    - my last PR was 42.5kgx2, so I'm happy out. I know it's not much but very wee bit counts!:p

Unsupported DB Rows

17.5kg x 12
    17.5kg x 12
    20kg x 12
    20kg x 12
    20kg x 12

Plate shifting

2.5kg, 5kg, 2.5kg, 5kg
    3 x 1 min
    - oh dear god, these KILLED me!

Rolling Tricep Ext
    5kg x 12 x 5
    -found these difficult, it was more a flexibility thing I think. Might try warming up with the 2.5's before my work set next time to see if that helps, because I was defo getting a better range of motion on the last 2 sets.

Then...

Prowler Push 100kg

10 pushes in 10 minutes

I rock:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,147 ✭✭✭COH

Wow... It almost sounds like you trained without complaining... surely this cant be true ;)

COH wrote: »
    Wow... It almost sounds like you trained without complaining... surely this cant be true ;)

Haha probably because it's not... let me refer you to the split squats and tri extensions.

All is again right in the world:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

COH wrote: »

It's cos I was there.

IP Warm Up x3

Con. Block-10mins

16kg KB Swings

15min Work Block
    5 box jumps
    5 db floor presses 12.5kg
    5 unsupported rows 17.5kg e/s
    15 rounds
    - Got an extra round, and went 2.5kg heavier on the rows, happy out.

10 min Con. Block
    16kg KB Swings

15 min Work Block
    5 kb potato sack squat 36kg
    5 swiss bar press 35kg
    5 grey band pull ups
    13 rounds in 14.20
    - 2 rounds less than last time, but I upped the bench by 5kg and the KB squat by 4kg so I'm happy enough. The bench slowed me down at the end.

Foam Rolling

Pretty sore today, rest day tomorrow methinks.

My arms are on fire...and my ass...and my thighs.. owwwww!!!!!

I'm kinda liking it though, its reassuring to know your muscles actually exist under there somewhere :P

My arms are on fire...and my ass...and my thighs.. owwwww!!!!!

I'm kinda liking it though, its reassuring to know your muscles actually exist under there somewhere :P
    I was just going to ask...LOL.

You are the one that asked me to build you an ass.

It's my duty to fire up that booty.

I was just going to ask...LOL.

You are the one that asked me to build you an ass.

It's my duty to fire up that booty.

I'd like some triceps with that too please:D

I'd like some triceps with that too please:D
    Easy.

You realise that the pain you are feeling in them at the moment and the fact that you can't lift your arms to brush your teeth or zip up your dress is all part of that tricep building process right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

If your so obsessed with being fat does that mean I get to eat your anniversary dinner as well as mine?? :pac:
    Apparently I need the calories more :D

• Advertisement

If your so obsessed with being fat does that mean I get to eat your anniversary dinner as well as mine?? :pac:
    Apparently I need the calories more :D

Not a hope in hell:D Thou shalt not forsake the Chimichanga!!!

Advertisement