Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting back on track ....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

G86 wrote: »
    Not a hope in hell:D Thou shalt not forsake the Chimichanga!!!

Guess I'll just have to order doubles..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

I can't see vids in work so I'm not sure what exactly you fixed...

Did the link not work?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I can't see vids in work so I'm not sure what exactly you fixed...

Did the link not work?

You left the "v=" in.

• Advertisement

I FINALLY NAILED SOME PULL UPS AND CHIN UPS!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D
    Awesomeness.

IP Warm up x 3
    -my thighs didn't like this today.

Box Squats
    20kg x 5
    30kg x 5
    40kg x 5
    50kg x 5
    55kg x 5
    55kg x 5
    55kg x 5
    60kg x 5:D Rep PR

Single Leg Deadlift

15kg x 8 e/s
    17.5kg x8 e/s
    20kg x 8 e/s - just to show Hanley he's a wuss:D

Russian Twists

8kgx 20
    16kgx 20
    16kgx 20

Chin ups

Green Band
    x5
    Blue Band
    x5
    NO BAND:D:D
    Chin ups x 2 (complete with celebratory high pitched scream:p)
    Chin up x 1
    Pull up x 1
    Chin up x 1
    Pull up x 1
    Chin up x 1

Blue Band
    x3

Speed Bench Press
    (on the minute)
    20kgx8

30kgx8x3
    Easy.

45 degree back extension
    x 15 (10,5)
    x 15 (5,5,5)
    x 15 (10,5)
    Did these without any weight cause my thighs were pretty sore.

DB Seated Powercleans

5kgx3x10

BEST.SESSION.EVER!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

I FINALLY NAILED SOME PULL UPS AND CHIN UPS!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D
    Awesomeness.

Excellent stuff!!

Don't you be eyeing up that pullup record woman...you can go after all the other records...just leave me one:P

gymfreak wrote: »
    Excellent stuff!!

Don't you be eyeing up that pullup record woman...you can go after all the other records...just leave me one:P

Hahaha, someday you're going to realise that you're actually stronger than me. Someday:pac:

Good work there.
    Fair play.

Weight 70.8kg:D:D
    Down from 72kg less than 2 weeks ago, an also near back to the weight I first tested in IP (70.7kg):)

Wanted to test today, cause I realised it's been 2 months since I did. But I wasn't allowed. Apparently it's all part of some master plan..

IP Warm Upx3

10mins Con. Block

Spider Sprints

Work Block 15mins
    5 Reverse lunges e/s + 5kg
    10 pushups
    10 grey band pullups
    12 rounds in 15mins
    - 1 more then last time.
    - and all the pull ups were unbroken:D

10mins Con. Block
    Spider Sprints

Work Block 15mins

5 Hang Clean and Press 20kg
    10 DB Pushups rows 7.5kg
    10 Situps
    7 rounds in 15.45mins
    -those rows do not get any easier!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Will Heffernan

Weight 70.8kg:D:D
    Down from 72kg less than 2 weeks ago, an also near back to the weight I first tested in IP (70.7kg):)

Wanted to test today, cause I realised it's been 2 months since I did. But I wasn't allowed. Apparently it's all part of some master plan..
    You are testing at the end of this training cycle...which will be at the end of January...unless you are planning on leaving IP in which case we'll text you before you go. You don't need to test...you know you are way better...you are almost ready to actually start training.

IP Warm Upx3

10mins Con. Block

Spider Sprints

Work Block 15mins
    5 Reverse lunges e/s + 5kg
    10 pushups
    10 grey band pullups
    12 rounds in 15mins
    - 1 more then last time.
    - and all the pull ups were unbroken:D

10mins Con. Block
    Spider Sprints

Work Block 15mins

5 Hang Clean and Press 20kg
    10 DB Pushups rows 7.5kg
    10 Situps
    7 rounds in 15.45mins
    -those rows do not get any easier![/QUOTE]
    Good stuff...looking back over your diary shows how far you've come in just putting together these full conditioning sessions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Not a hope in hell:D Thou shalt not forsake the Chimichanga!!!

I'd just like to point out I did indeed have to finish her dinner for her because she was 'too stuffed' from a salad she had 5+ hours before hand.. :D

I'd just like to point out I did indeed have to finish her dinner for her because she was 'too stuffed' from a salad she had 5+ hours before hand.. :D
    That is sad.

I was really only thinking of you - giving to the more needy and all that.

I'm all about the sharing and caring:pac:.

IP Warm Up x3

Deadlift
    40kg x 5
    50kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    65kg x 5
    70kg x 5
    70kg x 3 x 5 sets

Worked on technique and I can hold decent form up to 70kg now which is 64% of my max, so if it keeps creeping up like that I'll be very happy :)

This was my deadlift in Feb, and I was still lifting like that til I started drilling my technique the last few weeks in IP.

And this is from today. Still not perfect, but I'm alot happier with it.

Elevated split lunge
    4 x 8
    - easier today

Hanging Leg Raises

15x3 - these were broken up with bent knees.

Bench Press
    20kg x 8
    30kg x 8
    40kg x 5
    40kg x 5
    45kg x 2 PR
    45kg x 2 PR
    45kg x 2 PR
    47kg x 1 PR:D

Up from 43kg last week, very happy :) Something just clicked with me on the third set of 40kg and the reps felt alot easier and more controlled. Went for 50kg but I psyched myself out over it and failed it.

Unsupported DB Rows
    20kgx12x3 sets

Plate shifting
    2.5kg, 5kg, 2.5kg, 5kg
    3 x 1 min

Rolling Tricep Ext
    5kg x 12 x 3

I'm going up home for a week on Friday, so doing S1 tomorrow, Wed off, and testing on Thursday :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

I'm going up home for a week on Friday, so doing S1 tomorrow, Wed off, and testing on Thursday :).

Ehh thought Will wasnt going to allow you to test until January?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

oh deary me

Ehh thought Will wasnt going to allow you to test until January?!?

He didn't realise I'm going home for Xmas, and I'll be missing a weeks training next week. So I'm testing before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

IP Warm Up x3

Deadlift
    40kg x 5
    50kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    65kg x 5
    70kg x 5
    70kg x 3 x 5 sets

Worked on technique and I can hold decent form up to 70kg now which is 64% of my max, so if it keeps creeping up like that I'll be very happy :)

This was my deadlift in Feb, and I was still lifting like that til I started drilling my technique the last few weeks in IP.

Elevated split lunge
    4 x 8
    - easier today

Hanging Leg Raises

Bench Press
    20kg x 8
    30kg x 8
    40kg x 5
    40kg x 5
    45kg x 2 PR
    45kg x 2 PR
    45kg x 2 PR

Up from 43kg last week, very happy :) Something just clicked with me on the third set of 40kg and the reps felt alot easier and more controlled. Went for 50kg but I psyched myself out over it and failed it.

Unsupported DB Rows
    20kgx12x3 sets

Plate shifting
    2.5kg, 5kg, 2.5kg, 5kg
    3 x 1 min

Rolling Tricep Ext
    5kg x 12 x 3

Real nice improvement on the DL technique there. I remember commenting on your February video. Mad that you were deadlifting like that all that time...

Good improvement for sure. You can see you're now pretty much moving as one unit, whereas in the Feb vid it really looks like your back started working before your legs did.

Curling your toes upwards is always a good general tip for starting the lift, for anyone who might be reading.

Chet Zar wrote: »
    Real nice improvement on the DL technique there. I remember commenting on your February video. Mad that you were deadlifting like that all that time...

Good improvement for sure. You can see you're now pretty much moving as one unit, whereas in the Feb vid it really looks like your back started working before your legs did.

Yeah I've a lot of bad habits ingrained in my technique that I'm trying to get rid of. I mean I was basically SLDL-ing all my deadlifts up until now. The only reason I was able to pull 110kg lifting like that is because I had the strength in my legs to get it up even with god awful technique. Which is kind of a good thing, because at least now I know why I stalled at that max for 8 months, I’d gone as far as I could go lifting that way – til I eventually hurt myself in the process. Even Will was saying that every lift I did looked like a max effort attempt.

But the plus side is that I know it’s definitely going to start moving up again now. Well, it better :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

You seem to be smiling in the gym lately too. Very strange.

Post a pic of the hamper!!!

You seem to be smiling in the gym lately too. Very strange.

Post a pic of the hamper!!!

Haha I know - I think I'm scaring people :p

I don't have a pic of it, it's all dismantled now! Will has one though.

Interesting stuff.
    Doesn't take a coaches eye to see a big difference there.
    Good work.

Is that guy doing hurdle step overs in the background wearing a Crossfit hoody?

d'Oracle wrote: »
    Interesting stuff.
    Doesn't take a coaches eye to see a big difference there.
    Good work.

Is that guy doing hurdle step overs in the background wearing a Crossfit hoody?

Nope, it's an Informed Performance hoody :)

IP Warm Up x3

Deadlift
    40kg x 5
    50kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    65kg x 5
    70kg x 5
    70kg x 3 x 5 sets

It isn't actually drilling technique...at IP we just call it training ;)

You still have lots to fix but we are definitely getting there and I wouldn't be embarrassed to let you deadlift outside of IP any more.
    Less said the better.
    Elevated split lunge
    4 x 8
    - easier today
    Time to grab a 5kg plate.
    Hanging Leg Raises

Bench Press
    20kg x 8
    30kg x 8
    40kg x 5
    40kg x 5
    45kg x 2 PR
    45kg x 2 PR
    45kg x 2 PR

Something clicked? It could of been something to to with the fact that I reset the pins at the right height for you to lift off? Maybe the fact that I repositioned you on the bench? Any of those things or the things that were coming out of my mouth ring a bell? Like your deadlift...your form is improving and your line is getting more consistent. Onwards and upwards we go.
    Unsupported DB Rows
    20kgx12x3 sets

Plate shifting
    2.5kg, 5kg, 2.5kg, 5kg
    3 x 1 min

Rolling Tricep Ext
    5kg x 12 x 3

Good session tonight...rest tomorrow and test on Thursday and we'll see where you are at.

You still have lots to fix but we are definitely getting there and I wouldn't be embarrassed to let you deadlift outside of IP any more.
    I know it's still not great, but it's better, so let me have my happy buzz :)
    Something clicked? It could of been something to to with the fact that I reset the pins at the right height for you to lift off? Maybe the fact that I repositioned you on the bench? Any of those things or the things that were coming out of my mouth ring a bell? Like your deadlift...your form is improving and your line is getting more consistent. Onwards and upwards we go.

What I mean is that all of those things made something click :) Could we not have fixed my positioning earlier on though? Or is it a step by step thing? Do I have many more steps?
    Good session tonight...rest tomorrow and test on Thursday and we'll see where you are at.
    Apparently you already know :P

I just want a 130kg TBDL, and 2 pull ups. Is that too much to ask?

I know it's still not great, but it's better, so let me have my happy buzz :)
    Not trying to kill your buzz. You are doing great...especially since you started turning up and doing what you are told.
    What I mean is that all of those things made something click :) Could we not have fixed my positioning earlier on though? Or is it a step by step thing? Do I have many more steps?
    Ask any of the powerlifters....ask them if they are completely happy with the set ups and form? You will have plenty to work on for at least the next year or so...you really haven't even started yet...that should make you smile as well. Getting it right is a great feeling.
    Apparently you already know :P
    Well I know you can bench 50kg...it is just that you don't know it yet.
    I just want a 130kg TBDL, and 2 pull ups. Is that too much to ask?
    We'll find out soon enough.

Not trying to kill your buzz. You are doing great...especially since you started turning up and doing what you are told.
    That wee string of lousy sessions lasted less than 2 weeks - and I wasn't well. Conditioning ain't no fun when your heads not in it.

Getting it right is a great feeling.

I don't think anything can beat getting a pull up :D

Well I know you can bench 50kg...it is just that you don't know it yet.

My head knows it too, the rest of me just hasn't copped on yet.

Change of plan..

Didn't get out last night with the stupid snow.

Dependent on the buses tonight I'm either gonna test tonight or else early tomorrow morning. Hopefully get it done with tonight though cause I'm gonna have to head up North tomorrow to make sure I get home for Xmas!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

all i see is excuses...

Advertisement