Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting back on track ....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

IP Warm Upx3

My legs are in pure bits today, so lowered the weight on the blocks.

10mins Con. Block
    Sprint block

Work Block 15mins

10 Reverse lunges e/s
    10 pushups
    10 grey band pullups
    10 rounds in 15mins

3 rounds less than last time, but I had an extra 10 lunges per round because I did them unweighted.

10mins Con. Block
    Sprints

Work Block 15mins

5 Hang Clean and Press 15kg
    10 DB Pushups rows 5kg
    10 Situps
    8 rounds in 15.53mins
    Only one round more than last time, even though I lowered all of the weights.

I know I could have pushed harder on the conditioning blocks, I wasn't gassed at all, it was just the fecking pain holding me back! I think tomorrows going to have to be a rest day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Will Heffernan

Good session...every session isn't going to be a record breaker...part of making improvements is just turning up some sessions and punching out the numbers.

IP Warm Up x3

Deadlift
    40kg x 5
    50kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    70kg x 5
    80kg x 3
    85kg x 3 x 3
    With decent form:D A month ago anything I pulled over 40kg was a disaster, so I'm well happy!

Elevated split lunge

x 8 e/s
    x 8 e/s +5kg
    x 8 e/s +10kg
    x 8 e/s +10kg

these are really getting easier. Was my first time doing them without a step and with added weight.

Hanging Leg Raises

8x5sets
    -still find these difficult, but started getting a bit higher in the last 2 sets,

Bench Press
    20kg x 8
    30kg x 8
    40kg x 4
    40kg x 5
    40kg x 5 x 5
    -this was all over the place. Some reps feel piss easy, and others nearly go to failure, all because I keep losing my line. I couldn't figure out why 40kg felt so heavy when I thought I'd done 45kgx5 last session, but it was only 45kgx2 and then singles up to 48kg.

Unsupported DB Rows

20kgx12x3 sets

Plate shifting
    2.5kg, 5kg, 2.5kg, 5kg
    3 x 1 min
    - I ****ing hate this.

Rolling Tricep Ext
    5kg x 12 x 3

Didn't think I was gonna have a great session today but I'm pretty happy with it after all. REALLY happy with the deadlifts:D

Weight: 72.5kg:eek:
    - Up a kg in like 2 days. I think Xmas has finally caught up with me. I haven't been over 72kg in months...it's a disaster!!!!

I had a friend training with me today. I won a hamper in IP at Xmas and got her membership free for a month. Only thing was the place was pretty packed tonight with a team training, so I don't think she was overly impressed:( ended up taking 2 and a half hours to do a conditioning session.

IP Warm Up x3

Con. Block-10mins
    Spider Drill

15min Work Block
    5 box jumps
    5 db floor presses 12.5kg
    5 unsupported rows 17.5kg e/s
    14 rounds
    - this was ****. 15rounds last time. Should have gone faster.

Had to skip the middle Con. block as nothing was free so left it til the end and moved on to 2nd workblock.

15 min Work Block

5 kb potato sack squat 36kg
    5 swiss bar press 30kg
    5 grey band pull ups
    - these weren't done in the same order, because we only had one rack so I basically just did whatever wasn't in use. So didn't count the rounds since they were kinda mixed up.

10 mins Cond. Block

Prowler Push
    - only lasted 6 mins, 6 pushes. Should have kept at it but we just kinda got fed up at that stage.. an to think I thought my sandbagging days were over:o

Roll on decent session Saturday. In fairness to the guys, they were trying to get around everyone, place was just jammers.

I'm still reeling that I'm 72.5kg...:o

Oh also, hilarious ****ing moment of the evening: Introducing my mate to Hanley and him going 'what? you mean you don't know me?!' HAHAHAAHAHA oh god...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

G86 wrote: »
    Oh also, hilarious ****ing moment of the evening: Introducing my mate to Hanley and him going 'what? you mean you don't know me?!' HAHAHAAHAHA oh god...

It was meant to be a little bit ironic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭fullback4glin

Weight: 72.5kg:eek:

Roll on decent session Saturday. In fairness to the guys, they were trying to get around everyone, place was just jammers.

I was definitely expecting you to be harder on em than that, guess I'll save my popcorn for another night :D

I was definitely expecting you to be harder on em than that, guess I'll save my popcorn for another night :D
    Yeeaaa.. but the internet isn't really the place for it is it.

Also, it's a S&C gym, so we can't really give out about S&C training being done there. The only problem I have is when the head count goes up from 10 to 50. And that's not me being a moan, honest to god. It's just the reason I train in IP is BECAUSE it's a small gym, because you know most people there, and you know that when you go in to train you'll get direction and help. And that's the thing about it that sets it apart from the other gyms. That's why I travel out there as opposed to going across the road to Ben Dunne or over to RAW, because it's worth it to train in that atmosphere. We don't have that when it's packed though, and although I understand that of course teams have to do their training, and it's better for the gym too to have them, but I just really think it's going to have a lousy knock on effect in the long run.

In fairness Will did say we just have to go up to him if we need anything, which I know is the case. But not everyone is comfortable with walking into a pitch full of lads he's in the middle of training to interrupt.

Will - don't get mad at me, I'm trying to be fair!:o

I had a friend training with me today. I won a hamper in IP at Xmas and got her membership free for a month.

Item 1: Only thing was the place was pretty packed tonight with a team training, so I don't think she was overly impressed:( ended up taking 2 and a half hours to do a conditioning session.

Item 2: Had to skip the middle Con. block as nothing was free so left it til the end and moved on to 2nd workblock.

Item 3: 15 min Work Block
    5 swiss bar press 30kg
    5 grey band pull ups
    - these weren't done in the same order, because we only had one rack so I basically just did whatever wasn't in use. So didn't count the rounds since they were kinda mixed up.

Item 4: 10 mins Cond. Block
    Prowler Push
    - only lasted 6 mins, 6 pushes. Should have kept at it but we just kinda got fed up at that stage.. an to think I thought my sandbagging days were over:o

Item5: Oh also, hilarious ****ing moment of the evening: Introducing my mate to Hanley and him going 'what? you mean you don't know me?!' HAHAHAAHAHA oh god...
    Items 1 to 4 could of been addressed if you had of spoken to me....simple as that....it would of taken 30 seconds to address all of them

There was no limitations of equipment...not kettebells...not the prowler...the only thing that was tied up was two racks and the turf...but you'd already done you pitch based session...so that had no impact.

There was no need for that squad session to have absolutely any impact on your session whatsoever.

It is like the time you stood outside the fence at the gym...when everyone else was inside training away happily...you weren't locked out...you weren't being stopped from training...you weren't barred from entry...the gate had just blown shut and you hadn't bothered to push it open. I can't fix what I don't know about.

Items 1 to 4 could of been addressed if you had of spoken to me....simple as that....it would of taken 30 seconds to address all of them

There was no limitations of equipment...not kettebells...not the prowler...the only thing that was tied up was two racks and the turf...but you'd already done you pitch based session...so that had no impact.

There was no need for that squad session to have absolutely any impact on your session whatsoever.

It is like the time you stood outside the fence at the gym...when everyone else was inside training away happily...you weren't locked out...you weren't being stopped from training...you weren't barred from entry...the gate had just blown shut and you hadn't bothered to push it open. I can't fix what I don't know about.

Ah c'mon now in fairness it was a bit hard to go up and ask you when you were in the middle of a training session For the second cond/ block we were going to use the prowler. But Damien said it was already loaded and that the guys were using both. We couldn't use the turf as it was in use, so then I said we'd do KB swings but the only ones not in use were 24+kg.

A girl in there was writing a few suggestions with regards to how we can work around it when the guys are training, becaause she had similar problems. So I'm not being moany, or awkward, and I'm not annoyed or in bad form. Honest! I'm just saying I didn't have a great session and explaining why.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Tell Hefffernan that if he's got beef you're a vegetarian and you're not f*cking scared of him.

• Advertisement

Ah c'mon now in fairness it was a bit hard to go up and ask you when you were in the middle of a training session.
    I was walking around drinking coffee most of the time.
    For the second cond/ block we were going to use the prowler.
    Which you should have...as there was one free specifically for members...just like you.
    But Damien said it was already loaded and that the guys were using both.
    There's a reason that people ask me questions....that's because I always have the right answers.
    We couldn't use the turf as it was in use, so then I said we'd do KB swings but the only ones not in use were 24+kg.
    I would of given you whatever kettlebells you needed if that's what you wanted to do? Although I thought we'd already agreed what session you were doing...i.e the spider block first and the prowler block second.
    A girl in there was writing a few suggestions with regards to how we can work around it when the guys are training, becaause she had similar problems.
    That is because she didn't talk to me either. The guys did...and none of the ones that did had a problem.
    So I'm not being moany, or awkward, and I'm not annoyed or in bad form. Honest! I'm just saying I didn't have a great session and explaining why.
    I can fix anything and everything :)

I did want to use the prowler. I said it to Damien, and he said both had been loaded up for the guys so we couldn't use them. You weren't available at the time to ask, so it must have been when you weren't walking around drinking coffee.

You couldn't have givne me the KB's, they were in use.

If you can fix it great, fix it next time :)

I'm not talking about this anymore. I'm tired and going to bed.

I did want to use the prowler. I said it to Damien, and he said both had been loaded up for the guys so we couldn't use them. You weren't available at the time to ask, so it must have been when you weren't walking around drinking coffee.
    I should have made it clear to Damian...that the other prowler was there to be used...I am not arguing with you...there isn't an argument...merely explaining that your experience was only what it was due to lack of communication.
    You couldn't have givne me the KB's, they were in use.
    Yes I could...I can do anything.

For example...I walk over with 2 15kg dumbbells and take 2 16kg kettlebells...you girls you of been happy and the lads would of been shoulder pressing 1kg less...and they'd be happy...simple.
    If you can fix it great, fix it next time :)
    Come and train next Tuesday at the same time...for no other reason then to see why I name myself as one of the Top 100 personal trainers in Ireland.
    I'm not talking about this anymore. I'm tired and going to bed.
    Cool...sleep well.

Weight: 72kg
    down from 72.5 from 2 days ago. Thank god, cause that was a savage ****ing shock! My weight tends to hover at 70/71 so if it goes back to that and my skinfolds keep coming down I'll be happy.

Skinfolds: 136mm :) Only a 2mm increase since Xmas, and I was expecting much worse, so I'm very happy!

IP Warm up x 3

Had a friend squatting with me today, was her first time ever squatting and she was doing my max for reps! She ended up getting a 90kg 1rm. Madness.

Anyhows, she kinda spurred me on, and I got a new PR:D

Box Squats
    20kg x 5
    30kg x 5
    40kg x 5
    50kg x 5
    55kg x 5
    60kg x 2, failed on the 3rd.
    60kg x 5
    65kg x 5
    70kg x 3 rep PR
    75kg x 1 PR
    80KG X 1 PR

- Karla said the 80kg looked ok, but I think it might have been a bit shady depth wise. Next time I'll get Will to have a look at it. That's if he lets me test it again, I did it on the sly today..:p

Single Leg Deadlift
    20kg x 8 e/s
    22.5kg x 8 e/s
    25kg x 8 e/s

Russian Twists
    16kgx 20
    16kgx 20
    16kgx 20

Chin ups
    No band:

x2
    Blue Band
    x5
    x5
    x4
    x4
    x3

Speed Bench Press
    20kgx8
    20kgx8

30kgx8x3

45 degree back extension
    x 15 x 10kg (7,8)

DB Seated Powercleans
    5kgx3x10

Good session...I hope the fact that we didn't get around to closing the gym for your own personal use today didn't effect your workout too badly.

I mean you can tell by my personality that I'm trying to drive people away but unfortunately as hard a I try not to be we seem to sadly for you be becoming more and more successful.

I know that kinda sucks...but I hope you won't be too upset.

Nice PR on the squat by the way.

Good session...I hope the fact that we didn't get around to closing the gym for your own personal use today didn't effect your workout too badly.

I mean you can tell by my personality that I'm trying to drive people away but unfortunately as hard a I try not to be we seem to sadly for you be becoming more and more successful.

I know that kinda sucks...but I hope you won't be too upset.

Nice PR on the squat by the way.

Don't be a dick.

I'm not going to be doing conditioning on the days they're in, I'm working around it, so it's not going to be a problem.

And, thanks. I'm awesome. :D

IP Warm Upx3

10mins Con. Block
    40kg Prowler
    21 pushes

Work Block 15mins

5 Reverse lunges e/s
    10 pushups
    10 grey band pullups
    11 rounds in 15mins
    - I don't get this, it felt like I was working really hard! But I got 2 rounds less than before Xmas, and only 1 round more than last week even though it had more twice the lunge reps. I flew through the push ups, so it was really the pull ups that slowed me down:(

10mins Con. Block
    Sprints

Work Block 15mins

5 Hang Clean and Press 20kg
    10 DB Pushups rows 5kg
    10 Situps
    7 rounds in 14:35mins
    - push ups rows take forever!

Strange session, was wrecked by the end of it, but with not much to show for it!

IP Warm Up x3

Deadlift
    50kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    70kg x 5
    80kg x 3

85kg x 3 x 8sets

Elevated split lunge
    x 8 e/s +10kg
    x 8 e/s +10kg
    x 8 e/s +10kg
    x 8 e/s +10kg

Hanging Leg Raises
    8x4sets

Bench Press
    20kg x 8
    30kg x 8
    40kg x 3

40kg x 5 x 5

Unsupported DB Rows

20kgx12x3 sets

Plate shifting
    2.5kg, 5kg, 2.5kg, 5kg
    3 x 1 min

Rolling Tricep Ext
    5kg x 12 x 3

Not feeling too well at the mo and didn't get through my session yesterday, so going to leave it now til Monday.

Not going to stress over it, 2 missed sessions will hardly bring the onset of obesity.

Not feeling too well at the mo and didn't get through my session yesterday, so going to leave it now til Monday.

Not going to stress over it, 2 missed sessions will hardly bring the onset of obesity.
    You'll be grand...enjoy the weekend and come back ready to go on Monday :)

• Advertisement

IP Warm Upx2

10min Con. Block
    16kg KB Swings

15min Work Block
    5 box jumps
    14 rounds

10 min Con. Block
    40kg Prowler Push (sprints)
    1 every 45secs

15 min Work Block
    5 swiss bar press 30kg
    5 grey band pull ups
    15 rounds

15min Work Block
    5 box jumps
    14 rounds
    8 reps per exercise next time.

15 min Work Block
    5 swiss bar press 30kg
    5 grey band pull ups
    15 rounds

Sound. Just realised I had 35kg on the bench before Xmas for that block, so I'll go back to that too.

Lesson of the day: I'm easily distracted....:o

IP Warm up x 3

Box Squats
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    30kg x 5
    40kg x 5
    50kg x 5
    55kg x 5
    60kgx 5x 5 REP PR:)
    That's my first time doing more than 1 set of 60x5 so I'm happy out. Felt ok, no near misses. Going to work upwards in 5x5's now to try and get my volume up.

Single Leg Deadlift
    22.5kg x 8 e/s
    22.5kg x 8 e/s
    22.5kg x 8 e/s

Russian Twists

16kgx 20
    16kgx 20
    16kgx 20

Chin ups
    No band:
    x2
    Blue Band
    x4
    x4
    x4
    x5
    x5

Speed DB Bench Press
    15kg e/s x 3 x 5
    -these weren't exactly 'speedy', so Will told me to lower it to 12.5kg.

12.5kg e/s x 3 x 3

45 degree back extension

DB Seated Powercleans

5kgx3x10

IP Warm Upx3

10mins Con. Block

40kg Prowler
    22 pushes
    -my lungs were pure on fire after this, still feeling it.

Work Block 15mins

5 Reverse lunges e/s 5kg
    10 pushups
    10 grey band pullups
    11 rounds in 15mins
    - Not impressed.

10mins Con. Block
    KB Swings 16kg

Work Block 15mins
    5 Hang Clean and Press 20kg
    10 DB Pushups rows 5kg
    10 Situps
    8 rounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭fullback4glin

40kg Prowler
    22 pushes PR

FYP

40kg Prowler
    22 pushes PR

FYP

Next time we're going for 25:D

Deadlift
    60kgx5
    60kgx5
    70kgx5
    80kgx3
    85kgx3

90kgx3x5 sets

GHR
    5x8sets

Plank 60secs x 3

Bench
    20kgx8
    30kgx8
    40kgx5
    45kgx3 REP PR
    45kgx3 REP PR
    45kgx3 REP PR
    45kgx2
    45kgx3 REP PR

My previous best at 45kg was 3 sets of 2reps, and my 1rm is 48kg, so I'm happy enough :)... just a bit annoyed I didn't get the 5 full sets at 45kg. I keep losing my line, Conor even noticed it today too, but I guess it'll improve eventually!

Side Bends
    (on the back ext machine)
    10x3sets e/s
    - these were tricky to balance but I was a lot better on the 2nd and third sets. They were much tougher on my right side than my left.

Unsupported DB Rows

17.5kgx12x5 e/s

Concentration Curls

Bit of an imbalance here again, seemed harder with my right arm!

10kgx10x3 sets e/s
    - then I realised I was doing them wrong (thanks Darren) and lowered the weight down, as I'd been leaning on my knee.
    7.5kgx10 x2 sets e/s

Good session, was nice to mix it up a bit for a change. Weight is also back down under 72kg so I'm happy with that, was 71.7kg this evening.

IP Warm Ups x 3

Con Block-10mins
    60kg Prowler Push
    15 pushes
    Nagged Liam to do this with me, cause it makes me go faster when I'm not on my own:p

Work Block-15mins
    10 Box jump +turn
    10 T-pushups
    10 16kg Kb upright rows
    9 rounds
    - The T Push ups were hard...

Con Block-10mins
    KB Snatches 8kg
    -tried the 16kg and it just wasn't working, need to get my technique sorted as I hadn't done them with KB's before.

Work Block-15mins

10 KB Swings 16kg
    5 KB press e/s 8kg
    5 Step ups e/s
    11 rounds
    - I quite like this one.

• Advertisement

Total sh!tbox workout. Savage headache and just wasn't in the form for it. There actually isn't any point in reading this - be warned.

Old IP Warm Up x 1
    New IP Warm Up x 2
    - I hate groin rotations. I can't do them, and I don't like them.

Front squats
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 5
    30kg x 5
    35kg x 5
    40kg x 5
    45kg x 2
    45kg x 2
    - these were ridiculous. The weight/depth was grand, but my left wrist was pure killing me. Haven't front squatted in 6 months when my 1rm was 55kg, I'd was hoping I'd be doing that at least 50kg 5x5 easy now. Not impressed.

Supported DB RDLs
    7.5kg DB
    4 sets of 8

DB situps
    7.5kg DB
    3 x 10

Neutral Grip Pullups

Green band
    x10
    x7
    x5
    - should have been 5 sets of 12... didn't quite go that way.

Alternating Incline DB Press

7.5kg x 5 x 3
    - again, should have been 5 sets.

Went home after this, there was no point staying and half arsing everything. I'll give it a better go next week and hopefully improve on the front squats too.

Advertisement