Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting back on track ....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

IP Warm Up x 3

Wasn't feeling it today, nearly caved after the 4th prowler push, but pushed through it and ended up having a pretty decent session:).

Con Block-10mins

60kg Prowler Push
    16rounds
    - up one from last time.

Work Block-15mins
    5 one leg squats e/s..used the platform and about 5 mats!
    10 Sit thru's
    5 Grey band pullups
    11 rounds
    - I'll switch to green on the pull ups next time. One leg squats were hard, but took a mat off to go a bit lower halfway through so I'll just keep at that.

Con Block-10mins

80kg Prowler pushes
    14 pushes in 9:48 :D:D
    I'm REALLY happy with this! I've never pushed myself as hard on my own before as I did today.

Work Block-15mins
    5 DB Snatch e/s 12.5kg
    Caterpillar Crawl-2 lengths
    10 Tuck jump
    7 rounds in 14.17min
    -that caterpillar crawl is the worst of the lot!

All went alot better than expected! Deadlifting tomorrow:D

In the right log this time...:p

Deadlift
    60kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    70kg x 5
    80kg x 3
    85kg x 3
    90kg x 3
    95kg x 3
    95kg x 2 x 4 sets

My form started to go at 95, so Will said to keep it at doubles. Kinda disappointed with myself because I'd been doing pretty well form wise til now. I watched it back on video, and apparently it wasn't toooo bad, but it still wasn't great. I've gone back to doing a dodgy first rep in each set, the 2nd rep is always waaay better. That said, it's alot better than a few months ago.

Reverse Hypers x 20kg

3 x 12

Alternate situps

3 x 20 with 10kg

DB Bench Press
    10kg x 8
    10kg x 8
    15kg x 5 x 5

Inverted Ring Rows
    These are waaay harder than I remember!! (aka when you're doing them right!:o)
    x6
    x5
    x7
    x5
    - I really do suck at these. It was meant to be 3 sets of 12..

Side bends
    3 x 10

Single DB Press
    10kgx12x3sets

New IP Warm Up x 2

Front squats
    20kg x 5
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    - used a cross grip for these because my left wrist was too sore.

30kg x 5
    40kg x 5 x 3 sets
    - couldn't balance the 40kg with the cross grip so switched back to normal, but really felt it in my wrist. Left it at 3 sets.

Supported DB RDLs
    10kg DB
    4 sets of 8

DB situps
    5kg DB
    3 x 10

Neutral Grip Pullups
    Green band
    x8
    x6
    x4
    Grey is too easy, green is too hard..

Alternating Incline DB Press
    10kg x 5 x 3

KB Shrugs

16kg x 10 x 3

The less said the better.

5K run: 26:46

After which I collapsed in a heap.

I don't care what anyone says, I was not made to run...

Was away for the weekend, and a savage amount of drinking and eating was done...enough to pack on 1.4kg in the space of a few days:eek:.

Note to self: 73.1kg is what happens when you have a burrito and pancakes for breakfast....

Anyhow, it's time to wise up and get back to normality, no more half arsed workouts.

IP Warm Up x 3

Con Block-10mins
    60kg Prowler Push -speed pushes every 45secs
    13 pushes

Work Block-15min
    s
    10 Box jump +turn
    10 T-pushups
    10 16kg Kb upright rows
    9 rounds

Con Block-10mins

60kg Prowler Push -speed pushes every 45secs
    13 pushes

Work Block-15mins

10 KB Swings 16kg
    5 KB press e/s 8kg
    Bounding - 2 lengths
    9 rounds
    - did step ups last time, it's way harder with the bounding.

No improvement on the last session, but I did bust my ass at it, so I'm happy enough.

• Advertisement

Weight:72.4kg...down .7kg in 24 hours, I'm starting to believe all this water weight malarky:p

Really happy with todays session, finally back up at a decent weight with decent form on my deadlifts. Onwards and upwards :)

IP Warm Up x 3

Deadlift

60kgx5
    60kgx5
    70kgx5
    80kgx3
    85kgx3
    90kgx3
    95kgx3x5 sets:)
    Will said I held my form ok on these, and that corrected it anytime it started to go, so I'm pretty happy with that. :) I was DLing 90kg when I hurt my back in Nov, so at least I know my form is a lot better now!

Reverse Hypers x 40kg
    3 x 12reps

Alternate situps
    3 x 20 with 10kg

DB Bench Press
    10kg x 8
    10kg x 8

12.5kgx5
    15kgx5
    15kgx5
    17.5kgx5
    17.5kgx5:)

Inverted Ring Rows

12 x 5 sets
    - the reps were broken up, but just worked on getting through all 5 sets.

Side bends

3 x 10reps
    -supersetted these with the ring rows.

Single DB Press
    10kgx12
    12.5kgx12
    12.5kgx12
    12.5kgx12
    12.5kgx12

Also, Gymfreak deadlifting an epic 115kg made me remember exactly why I love training in IP. In what other gym would you see a 55kg girl lifting that?!!! Legend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Will Heffernan

You need to go away and chow down more often...you've been hitting it much harder since you got back and your last set of deadlifts tonight were great...better than your earlier sets and as I said...it isn't a strength issue any more...you are strong enough to 'self correct' during reps...you just need to drill your technique a bit more...more deadlifts in your warm up...some 40's and some 60's...just trying to lock down harder.

You need to go away and chow down more often...you've been hitting it much harder since you got back and your last set of deadlifts tonight were great...better than your earlier sets and as I said...it isn't a strength issue any more...you are strong enough to 'self correct' during reps...you just need to drill your technique a bit more...more deadlifts in your warm up...some 40's and some 60's...just trying to lock down harder.

I just needed a bit of R&R:D

IP Warm Up x 3

Con Block - 10 mins
    Sprint Block

Work Block-15mins
    5 one leg squats e/s..used the platform and about 5 mats!
    10 Sit thru's
    5 Green band pullups
    13 rounds:D
    - REALLY happy with this! Switched from the grey to the green band, and got 2 more rounds than last time!

Con Block-10mins
    80kg Prowler Push
    13rounds
    - down one from last time, but I'm pretty happy considering I nearly gave up after the 3rd push! Felt bloody hard today!

Work Block-15mins
    5 DB Snatch e/s 12.5kg
    Caterpillar Crawl-2 lengths
    10 Tuck jump
    9 rounds in 14.38min
    - 2 more rounds than last time:D DB Snatch was easy, going to try 15kg next time.

Good session!

IP Warm Up x 3

The front squats normally put me in a pissy mood for this session, so Will told me to do it in reverse, which worked out well 'cause when I got to them I was nearly finished anyway.

Pullups(OH Grip)
    (forgot these were meant to be neutral grip)
    Grey band
    x8
    x8

x12
    x12
    x10
    - couldn't get 5 sets of 12, so just did as many as I could.

(e/s)
    7.5kgx5x2sets

10kgx5
    12.5kgx5
    12.5kgx5
    12.5kgx5
    12.5kgx5

Ab Roll Out
    15x3sets

Front Squats

20kgx5
    20kgx5
    30kgx3
    30kgx1

I really gave these a proper go this time, I tried wraps and a guy helped me with a few more stretches, but it's just too sore on my left wrist. Then I tried the cross grip but I just can't get it right. It's really frustrating.

Anyway, I didn't want to leave it at that so I switched to back squats for the set.

Back Squats

30kgx5
    40kgx5
    50kgx5
    55kgx5
    55kgx5
    55kgx5

KB Shrugs
    16kg e/s
    12x3sets

Supported DB RDLs
    12.5kg DB
    4 sets of 8

DB situps
    7.5kgx15
    5kgx15
    5kgx15

That's the 3rd time I've done this strength session, and the first time I've actually done it properly, so I'm happy enough with that. I'll give the front squats another go next week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

G86 wrote: »
    IP Warm Up x 3

The front squats normally put me in a pissy mood for this session, so Will told me to do it in reverse, which worked out well 'cause when I got to them I was nearly finished anyway.

Pullups(OH Grip)
    (forgot these were meant to be neutral grip)
    Grey band
    x8
    x8

x12
    x12
    x10
    - couldn't get 5 sets of 12, so just did as many as I could.

(e/s)
    7.5kgx5x2sets

10kgx5
    12.5kgx5
    12.5kgx5
    12.5kgx5
    12.5kgx5

Ab Roll Out
    15x3sets

Front Squats

20kgx5
    20kgx5
    30kgx3
    30kgx1

I really gave these a proper go this time, I tried wraps and a guy helped me with a few more stretches, but it's just too sore on my left wrist. Then I tried the cross grip but I just can't get it right. It's really frustrating.

Anyway, I didn't want to leave it at that so I switched to back squats for the set.

Back Squats

30kgx5
    40kgx5
    50kgx5
    55kgx5
    55kgx5
    55kgx5

KB Shrugs
    16kg e/s
    12x3sets

Supported DB RDLs
    12.5kg DB
    4 sets of 8

DB situps
    7.5kgx15
    5kgx15
    5kgx15

That's the 3rd time I've done this strength session, and the first time I've actually done it properly, so I'm happy enough with that. I'll give the front squats another go next week.
    That's grand...that session looks good...do it this way from now on...and don't worry about front squatting...just back squat.

don't worry about front squatting...just back squat.

Really????! You just made my day:D

EDIT: Hang on, is this reverse psychology?!

IP Warm Up x 3

Con Block-10mins
    KB Carries and Sprints, 32kg and 36kg

Work Block-15mins
    10 Box jump +turn
    10 T-pushups
    10 16kg Kb upright rows
    8 rounds
    -I thought I'd got 10 last time but it was only 9, so I guess 8 is alright. Was pretty slow with it today.

Con Block-10mins
    KB Swings 16kg 10
    KB Snatches 8kgx5 e/s
    14 rounds
    -I like this block.

Had to change the last work block as I realised I'd already done part of it in the 2nd con.block. So Will gave me this one to do instead.
    Work Block-15mins
    5 Step Ups e/s
    10 Inverted Rows (knees bent)
    10 Flat DB Press x 12.5kg
    8 rounds
    -not sure how many rounds I should have been aiming for, but I got through each set of presses without stopping mid set so I'm happy with that.

Couldn't get out to IP tonight, have people viewing the apt, so settled for a bit of cardio instead.

5k run: 27:42 -bit slower than last time, but left me just as fcuked. I think COH managed sub 25mins a few months ago, so that says it all really:pac: My cardio's gone to pot..

Deadlifting tomorrow, all is again right in the world:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,146 ✭✭✭COH

5k run: 27:42 -bit slower than last time, but left me just as fcuked. I think COH managed sub 25mins a few months ago, so that says it all really:pac: My cardio's gone to pot..

I was ~100kg at the time too I think. Still a bit out of breath from it :pac:

COH wrote: »
    I was ~100kg at the time too I think. Still a bit out of breath from it :pac:

If you did a marathon they'd have to be throwing ya slices of cake instead of bottles of water:pac:

Stats
    8/01/10
    Weight 72kg
    Skinfolds 136mm

Today:
    Weight 73.8kg:eek:
    Skinfolds: 130mm:D

I had a mini freak out about my weight, but considering it's been everything from 71.9kg to 73.8 in the past month I'm not going to get too concerned about it. MMs are down, and that's the main thing:D

IP Warm Up x 2

Deadlift
    60kgx5
    70kgx5
    80kgx3
    85kgx3
    90kgx3
    95kgx3

100kgx3x3sets

-These felt strong, but apparently swearing to yourself mid rep doesn't help with your technique:o Anyways, I got a twinge in my back on the last rep there so I left it at 3 sets just in case. It's frustrating though, because it didn't feel heavy, I'm just losing form as I go heavier. But, I was in the same boat with 60kg a few months ago so I'm going to take my time and see how I go!

Reverse Hypers x 40kg
    3 x 12reps (broken down)

Alternate situps
    3 x 20 with 10kg

DB Bench Press

10kg x 8
    10kg x 8

12.5kgx5
    15kgx5
    15kgx5
    17.5kgx FAIL -I didn't know what was going on here, felt mad heavy! So Liam said to leave it and go do my side bends in between. I did that..and came back then and did:

17.5kgx5x5:D

Side Bends
    3 x 10reps

Inverted Ring Rows

12 x 3 sets (broken down, and knees bent cause I'm a wuss)
    just realised this should have been 5 sets too.

Single DB Press
    12.5kgx 8x4 sets

Weight: 73.1kg
    -back down .7kg since last week. I'd be happier sub 72kg, but my mm's are going down, and Hanley maintains I'm a wee bit less obese, so I'm just gonna roll with it.

I did a strength session today as it slotted in better with my training days this week.

Squats
    20kgx5
    30kgx5
    40kgx5
    50kgx5
    55kgx5
    60kgx5

65kgx5x5:D Rep PR
    Really glad to be back at the back squats, and was really happy with this today. I was a bit concerned about the depth but Will said it looked fine. Yay!

Supported DB RDLs
    15kg DB e/s
    4 sets of 8 e/s

DB situps
    5kgx15x3 sets

Pullups - neutral grip
    Grey band
    x12
    x12
    x12
    x8
    x9

Alternating Incline DB Press (e/s)
    12.5kgx5x5

Ab Roll Out
    15x3sets

16kg e/s
    12x5sets

Good session :)

Off work and on antibiotics for a septic throat/sinus probs at mo, so out of action for a while.

Meh.

• Advertisement

Back in work today so back training this evening...

NOT looking forward to conditioning:o

I nearly walked straight back out the door when I got to IP today, sooo was not in the form! I just wanted to deadlift and go, but Conor and Will talked me into a conditioning session..

IP Warm Upx2

Con Block-10mins
    Lateral Sprints
    every 30secs
    -I was really happy with these 'cause I managed to keep up with Conor the whole way through:D I think I've got a bit faster. We were averaging 8 secs per round, I think each run and turn is 5m, and we did 4 per round.

Work Block-15mins

10 Box jump +turn
    10 T-pushups
    10 16kg Kb upright rows
    9 rounds
    - One more round than last time, could have gone for 10, had 90 secs left, but I was fcuked. Next time.

Con Block-10mins
    Lateral Sprints
    every 30secs
    - these were grand too.

Work Block - 15mins

10 KB Swings 16kg
    10 KB Press - 8kg
    Bounding - 2 lengths
    10 rounds in 10:50

Went better than expected :)

You did well...I think you annoyed Conor pushing him so hard...that made it all worthwhile for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭fullback4glin

Oh look at Mr. Big shot doing the IP log rounds.

In fairness thou I didn't realise she had such pace. Next Conditioning session Grainne, I'm thinking we'll go for a heavy prowler push? I plan on going for 180, you'll do fine

I am always here. I read every ones log every single evening.
    In fairness thou I didn't realise she had such pace. Next Conditioning session Grainne, I'm thinking we'll go for a heavy prowler push? I plan on going for 180, you'll do fine
    What will you do once you load 180kg on it...just stand and look at it for 10 minutes?

Put 200kg on and be done with it.

Just load 107kg on to it, and I'll hop on too for the spin:p

IP Warm Up x 3

Got to test my DL 1rm for the first time in about 6months today, so I was a happy bunny:)

Deadlift
    60kgx5
    70kgx5
    80kgx3
    90kgx3 - dodgy first rep, rest were grand
    100kgx3 - dodgy first rep
    100kgx3 - bit better on this one
    105kgx1 - better again
    110kgx1
    115kgx1 PR:D
    115kgx1- better form
    120kg - fail. Got it up, but hitched the sh1t out of it:mad: Pissed off 'cause I've never hitched before! I wanted to try it again, because it didn't feel that hard, but Will said I'd break myself. Going to go up in singles next week and try it again. I'm happy with the 115, but I've had 120 in my head from Day 1, so I really want it.

Reverse Hypers
    x 40kg
    3 x 15reps

Alternate situps

3 x 20 with 10kg
    these were easy.

DB Bench Press
    10kg x 8
    10kg x 8

12.5kgx5
    15kgx5
    17.5kgx5
    17.5kgx5
    17.5kgx3, then failed 4th one... and pure winded myself by dropping the DB on my stomach:o

Inverted Ring Rows

12 x 5 sets
    Knees bent.

Side bends

3 x 10reps
    -supersetted these with the ring rows.

Single DB Press

12.5kgx12x5 sets
    -bit of a push from the knees with these.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

115kgx1 PRbiggrin.gif

Good stuff!

My legs are pure DOM'd out of it today! Now I know why I wasn't let go for that 120 again...:o No mad back pain though, so it's all good there, yay!

• Advertisement

My legs are pure DOM'd out of it today! Now I know why I wasn't let go for that 120 again...:o No mad back pain though, so it's all good there, yay!
    Glad your back is OK and glad that you realise that I say enough is enough....that it is not because I am an a-hole out to wreck your buzz but because like every other athlete in IP that I coach I want you to do well...if you keep doing what you are told you'll pull 140kg by summer.

Advertisement