Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting back on track ....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Glad your back is OK and glad that you realise that I say enough is enough....that it is not because I am an a-hole out to wreck your buzz but because like every other athlete in IP that I coach I want you to do well...if you keep doing what you are told you'll pull 140kg by summer.

I know....I kinda knew I was done after that rep, I'm just stubborn :)

140kg would be great. I'm just happy to be able to go for maxes again, it's been a frustrating few months going back to scratch, but worth it :)

Trained in RAW today.

Note to self: drinks and antibiotics don't mix.

Also: Neither does a full stomach and a 5k run...

Squats
    20kgx5
    30kgx5
    40kgx5
    50kgx5
    55kgx5
    - simply done to delay the cardio..

5k run - kind of:

2k - 10.10
    Puke
    1k - 5.12
    Mouth Puke
    1k - 5:05
    Stomach Curdle
    .5k - 2.30
    Stomach Curdle Part 2
    .5k - 2.06
    Death.

If I had sense I wouldn't have trained at all today... Going to go for the full 5k sub 25min soon though, I'd say it'd be easy enough when I'm not regurgitating my breakfast.

Least I gave COH some entertainment:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

G86 wrote: »
    Trained in RAW today.

Note to self: drinks and antibiotics don't mix.

They mix depending on what party you go to :P.

Not sure what the difference is for puke & mouth puke. I once made the mistake of running after bran cereal :eek:.

Whoop for the PR, feels nice doesn't it.

howtomake wrote: »
    They mix depending on what party you go to :P.

Not sure what the difference is for puke & mouth puke. I once made the mistake of running after bran cereal :eek:.

Whoop for the PR, feels nice doesn't it.

Haha aye, it wasn't a pleasant experience! Oh and mouth puke meaning I had to swallow it or spew all over the treadmill...:o

Yup, happy out on the PR, it's been a long time coming!

On another note, my sides are in a mega DOMS situation today! The only culprit I can think of are the side bends I did on Thursday, which was 3 days ago - wtf??! I like that I can feel my obliques now though, even if I can't actually see them:p

IP Warm Up x 3

Con Block - 10 mins
    Spider Drill
    130m, 45 sec breaks.
    Started off with 130m in 45sec first drill, and averaged 50-55 for the rest.

Work Block-15mins
    5 one leg squats e/s..used the platform and about 5 mats!
    10 Sit thru's
    5 Green band pullups
    12 rounds
    14:35
    - 1 round down from last time.

Con Block-10mins
    Spider Drill 130m, 60sec breaks
    Conor timed the sprints for me this time:
    47sec
    49sec
    50sec
    51sec
    50sec
    51sec

Work Block-15mins

5 DB Snatch e/s 12.5kg
    Caterpillar Crawl-2 lengths
    5 Tuck jump
    8 rounds
    13:58
    - 1 less round than last time, and got the tuck jumps wrong - they were meant to be 10. Should have kept going for the last minute.

It's annoying because I felt like I worked hard, but I'm still down on last time. Then again, haven't done this block since I was out sick so maybe that's something to do with it...I dunno.

I thought I'd gotten faster at the oul sprints too, but not averaging out great with the Spider Drill:(

• Advertisement

Going to nail the absolute fcuk out of my diet for the next 2 weeks. My current diet is 'clean', but carbs are through the roof lately at 250/300g daily. I'm going for sub 100g again, but only for 2 weeks because I'm a carb whore and if I go any longer I think I might die. Restricted enough with the oul vegetarian aspect, but I can be disciplined when I want to be. I'm going to ask Will about it later to see if he has any ideas re: maybe incorporating protein shakes again too.

I've started logging on my fitday account again too, and I'll post up the stats daily(if I'm allowed?mods?), even though I hate the damn thing. Only thing is, no matter what options I try, I always seem to end up with 50% + carbs, even if my carb count is low! I'm at 70g already today...so dinner is going to have to be inventive...

Plan for rest of the week:
    S1 tonight
    Work thing tomorrow night
    C1 Fri
    S2 Sat

Good session.

Squats
    20kgx5
    30kgx5
    40kgx5
    50kgx5
    60kgx5

65kgx5x5

Supported DB RDLs

15kg DB e/s
    4 sets of 8 e/s

DB situps
    5kgx15x3 sets
    - I don't get why I find alternate plate sit ups with 10kg easy, but find these hard..there must be an explanation...

Pullups - neutral grip
    Went for the green band today, but didn't make full sets so should prob go back to grey next week. Ah well, was worth a shot!
    x12

Alternating Incline DB Press (e/s)

12.5kgx5x5

Ab Roll Out
    15x3sets

KB Shrugs 24kg e/s
    12x5sets

Decided to do a bit of conditioning then:

Prowler+80kg
    13 pushes in 9.48

Prowler+100kg
    11 pushes in 9:52

Oh and then sat shouting prowler abuse at Sarah for 10mins whilst stretching :P

Happy out with the prowler, especially the 100kg. Was chatting to Will about my diet, he doesn't think sub 100g is feasible on a veggie diet, it was leaving me with sub 600kcals which meant I'd basically have to eat my way up to 1,000 with nuts. So I'm going to run with 150g and see how I get on. Getting my skinfolds done on Fri so I'll know exactly where I'm at starting off.

Diet stats today:
    Kcal: 1354
    Fat: 36% (53.8g)
    Carbs: 45% (148.8g)
    Protein: 20% (69.9g)

It's a % over for some reason..but anyways, not looking too bad.

I thought I'd wake up pure fcuked, but I'm surprisingly mobile....! :)

Was at the NNI Awards last night, and didn't avail of the free bar...go me! :p The meal was grand too, prob ended up a bit over 150g, but nothing mental. Dying to see what my skinfolds are later, they were 130mm last time and I'm convinced they've gone up... we'll see!

Oh and 120kg prowler...has to be done!!!

Still no mad DOMS from the last day, sore but nothing major at all. I'm wondering if it's the protein shakes - I know they help with recovery but I didn't think it'd make that much a difference! Happy days if they do! Less DOMS = happy Gráinne. This could change when I try to push a prowler later though.....

Was at the NNI Awards last night, and didn't avail of the free bar...go me! :p The meal was grand too, prob ended up a bit over 150g, but nothing mental. Dying to see what my skinfolds are later, they were 130mm last time and I'm convinced they've gone up... we'll see!

Oh and 120kg prowler...has to be done!!!

Still no mad DOMS from the last day, sore but nothing major at all. I'm wondering if it's the protein shakes - I know they help with recovery but I didn't think it'd make that much a difference! Happy days if they do! Less DOMS = happy Gráinne. This could change when I try to push a prowler later though.....

That's so good of you to ignore the drinks. And no DOM means you can train harder. I seem to be getting DOMS from everything I do these days, even just from sleeping.

• Advertisement

That's so good of you to ignore the drinks. And no DOM means you can train harder. I seem to be getting DOMS from everything I do these days, even just from sleeping.

Haha oh it's there alright...just nothing savage! :)

Ach just wasn't in the mood for drinking, you know when you've just made your mind up and you're not bothered then? I wouldn't drink a wild lot anyways though so made no odds!

Snorkling today???? Enjoy!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Just looked up google maps for the drive from kids school to IP
    not great...

But I love the sound of what you're doing!

Just looked up google maps for the drive from kids school to IP
    not great...

But I love the sound of what you're doing!

Why don't you come out on a Saturday, go through the program with Will, and then just do the workouts in your own gym? Lots of people who follow the IP program don't actually train in IP.

Sorted! :)

Skinfolds: 128mm (down from 130mm)
    Weight: 72.5kg (was 73.7kg)

Crashed and burned...

Cond block 15min
    Prowler+120kg
    8 pushes in 9.20

Couldn't move for about 15min after this, it was the weirdest feeling..my legs were like lead. Hurt my hip in the process too..and then went on to do the 2nd block - because I'm an eejit.

Work block 15min
    Box Hops & turn x 10
    Push Ups (couldn't do t bar ones with hip)
    KB Upright rows 16kg
    7 rounds in 12.50

Got light headed as fcuk doing this, had no balance at all with the box hops, so had to leave it and just go sit down for a bit, head was spinning.

Got Barry to look at my hip, said it's either sciatic nerve or glute medius - all I know is it's damn sore. Couldn't finish out the blocks. Liam said to try potato sack squats instead of bounding in the second work block but even they hurt, and the KB swings pure killed - so just quit whilst I was ahead.

Pissed off, I wanted to DL 120kg tomorrow.... HA!

Stats:
    kcal: 1,309
    Fat: 47% - 71.5g
    Carbs: 32% - 106.4g
    Protein: 21% - 74.9g

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Stats:

what in the bejebus gives that breakdown?

what in the bejebus gives that breakdown?
    Fitday - it's fcuked up, and I'm too tired to think. Work it out there for me will ya - the grams are right, it's the %'s are fcuked up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Fitday - it's fcuked up, and I'm too tired to think. Work it out there for me will ya - the grams are right, it's the %'s are fcuked up.

It's percentages of kcals consumed... not grams!

So it's probably right.

I meant what did you eat?

It's percentages of kcals consumed... not grams!

So it's probably right.

I meant what did you eat?
    I'm confused, my brain isn't working!

I'm not allowed to post my diet. Ate what I normally eat, just cut down on the carbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Will Heffernan

Skinfolds: 128mm (down from 130mm)
    Weight: 72.5kg (was 73.7kg)

Crashed and burned...

Cond block 15min
    Prowler+120kg
    8 pushes in 9.20

Couldn't move for about 15min after this, it was the weirdest feeling..my legs were like lead. Hurt my hip in the process too..and then went on to do the 2nd block - because I'm an eejit.

Work block 15min
    Box Hops & turn x 10
    Push Ups (couldn't do t bar ones with hip)
    KB Upright rows 16kg
    7 rounds in 12.50

Got light headed as fcuk doing this, had no balance at all with the box hops, so had to leave it and just go sit down for a bit, head was spinning.

Got Barry to look at my hip, said it's either sciatic nerve or glute medius - all I know is it's damn sore. Couldn't finish out the blocks. Liam said to try potato sack squats instead of bounding in the second work block but even they hurt, and the KB swings pure killed - so just quit whilst I was ahead.

Pissed off, I wanted to DL 120kg tomorrow.... HA!

Stats:
    120kg on the prowler...that is close to double your body weight...there is a reason that people get themselves psyched up to do it and usually don't do much else....because it's f*cken hard.

Anyway...we'll have a look at your hip tomorrow and see what is up.

Hip not fixed. Gráinne not happy.

Bit of a mish mash work out - had to stick to upper body work.

DB Bench

7.5kgx8
    7.5kgx8
    12.5kgx5
    15kgx5x5

Green Band Pull Ups

x8
    x8
    x7
    x6
    x5

Alternate Plate Sit Ups
    10kg 20x3sets

KB Shrugs
    16kg x 12 x 5 sets

Seated DB Press

10kg x 5
    10kg x 3
    7.5kg x 5
    7.5kg x 5
    7.5kg x 5

Conor was a big help in making sure I didn't punch my fist through a wall out of frustration, thanks mister.

Will post up diet stats later.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

And just when I thought you wer starting to become sane... Of course your hips not fixed!! Chill out ffs :)

I pushed 120kg on a prowler, the day before I want to pull 120kg - and you thought I was sane?????? Apparently I'm not...

Also, are you finished your guns show from earlier then so?:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I pushed 120kg on a prowler, the day before I want to pull 120kg - and you thought I was sane?????? Apparently I'm not...

Also, are you finished your guns show from earlier then so?:pac:

I meant sane insofar as you weren't being a whiney little b*tch anymore :p

As for the gun show, it's a 24/7 thing.

Hanley wrote: »
    I meant sane insofar as you weren't being a whiney little b*tch anymore :p

Never:p
    Hanley wrote: »
    As for the gun show, it's a 24/7 thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGBvbrXNjs0

Kcal: 1752
    Fat: 49% - 100.2
    Carbs: 34% - 151.6
    Protein: 17% -81.7

Tried to up the kcals a bit today with nuts, but they may have upped a bit too much... it's hard to find a balance.

I need the carbs in around 150g, so happy out with that, not too concerned about the protein once it's over 70g.

Hip not fixed. Gráinne not happy.

Poor thing, I sympathise with you.

Poor thing, I sympathise with you.

It's not half as bad today, I may have overreacted just a tiny littttllle bit...

I tend to do that:p

I can walk without wincing now though, which is a good sign, so fingers crossed it doesn't resurrect itself when I'm deadlifting tomorrow - then I'll be a happy bunny!

It appears I eat more at weekends...:o

kcal: 1741
    Fat: 44% - 86.7g
    Carbs: 38% - 165.2g.... oops
    Protein: 18% - 79.4g

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

moar protein? vegetarianism feckin things up a bit there nah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Finno59

im using lent to help me! :D

Advertisement