Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting back on track ....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Been a busy few days, but got to gym Sat - went out to the group session.

Reverse Curls x30sec
    Dumbbell Thrusters x 6.5 kg x 30sec
    Inverted Rows x 30 sec
    Wall Balls x 8kg x 30 sec

30 sec intervals on bike x 4

Whole thing x 6 (I think it was 6 anyhow, could have been 7!)

Went to a pilates class with a friend last night, but have a proper session tonight , and my resistance band finally arrived in the post so I can get started with that too. I've a dinner tomorrow night so only going to get to the gym 3 days this week, but sure it's better than nothing!

today:

Band Pulls x77
    Press Ups x 77
    Crunches x 77
    Squats x 77
    (77 = 100 - my age)

Time: 12.04 mins

This took me a while as had to stop a few times during the press ups, aka after every 10! But I did them without a step so I'm all proud of myself!:p

Today: Decreasing 100

100 Reverse curls
    90 Tricep Dips (one leg off)
    80 Step Ups
    70 Band Pulls
    60 Crunches
    50 Bicep Curls x 2 8kg dumbbells
    40 SLDL x 40kg
    30 Back Extensions
    20 Wall Balls (changed to weighted squats, 2 8kg dumbbells)
    10 Burpees

Last night:

40 mins crosstrainer on intervals

My auntys staying with me for a few days now til my Grad so probably not going to get many sessions in this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

G86 wrote: »
    Today: Decreasing 100

100 Reverse curls
    90 Tricep Dips (one leg off)
    80 Step Ups
    70 Band Pulls
    60 Crunches
    50 Bicep Curls x 2 8kg dumbbells
    40 SLDL x 40kg

30 Back Extensions
    20 Wall Balls (changed to weighted squats, 2 8kg dumbbells)
    10 Burpees
    fair play! thats some session, these two alone would kill me!

fair play! thats some session, these two alone would kill me!

Ah now,I doubt it, sure you'd fly through them! And in all fairness none of them were without wee breaks, like I did 25 and 25 with the bicep curls and 20 and 20 with the SLDL's. Those two are actually my fave out of the lot, I know people put too much empathsis on bicep curls but I still like them! And SLDL's rock:D Only prob I'm having with them now is my grip, which is lousy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

G86 wrote: »
    Ah now,I doubt it, sure you'd fly through them! And in all fairness none of them were without wee breaks, like I did 25 and 25 with the bicep curls and 20 and 20 with the SLDL's. Those two are actually my fave out of the lot, I know people put too much empathsis on bicep curls but I still like them! And SLDL's rock:D Only prob I'm having with them now is my grip, which is lousy!
    holding on to a bar after biceps curls is going to be tough on the grip so you are not alone there.

what was time for decreasing 100?

Transform wrote: »
    holding on to a bar after biceps curls is going to be tough on the grip so you are not alone there.

what was time for decreasing 100?

Oooh was I meant to time that one?! :o I'll time it next time!

Yes - good is under 22mins.
    Keep up the great work and hope the tat is not hindering your workouts

• Advertisement

ha no the tat isn't but my Aunty is!! She's down for my grad (today!) and staying til Monday so I can't see myself getting into the gym til then, busy few days ahead as a tour guide:p

I'll time it next time!!:)

Today was the best gym day EVER!!! I was just generally feeling alot more confident:) I think it showed in my work out too cause I upped the weight on the bench press and powercleans and still improved by 5sec on the metcon :) I started losing my grip on the SLDL again when I picked up 45 though, I think I'd be well able for 50kg if I could stop it sliding.

SLDL:

40kgx10
    40kgx10
    40kgx10
    45kgx10
    45kgx10

Incline Bench Press

10kgx10
    10kgx10
    8kgx10
    8kgx10

Metcon: 21,19,15,12,9,6,3
    Dumbbell Powercleans 2 10kg dumbbells
    Crunches
    Back Extensions

Metcon Time: 7.15

impressive work on the metcon - hope you are dropping into a deep squat on the dumbbell cleans?

Transform wrote: »
    impressive work on the metcon - hope you are dropping into a deep squat on the dumbbell cleans?

Probably not as deep as I should, I'll work on it though! :)

500 Metres run @ 13.5k for first 2 rounds, 14k for next 2 and 15k for the last round
    50 Crunches
    25 Press ups
    25 Bicep Curls x9kg for first two rounds and 8kg for last 3

x5

Time: 30.19

The Bicep Curls slowed me down here, I went for 9kg at the start but then by the time I got to the third round of them I had to go down to 8kg and had to take 2 breaks in each of the last 2 sets cause my arms just refused to move!:mad:

Getting better at the press ups, and it's about time too! Crunches were grand and I hammered through the last run at 15k - I'm all proud of me!:p

Thurs:

Burpees x 12
    Dumbbell Thrusters x 2 7kg x 12
    One arm rows x 14kg x 12

x6

Time: 18.45

Took me aggggges :( Thrusters pure killed me today for some reason.

Group session today, I think all of my vital organs have stopped working......:o

400m run
    50 lunges on each leg
    400m run
    50 one arm thrusters 8kg
    400m run
    70 inverted rows
    400m run
    40 dumbbell powercleans 8kg first 30 and 6kg for last 20
    400m run
    50 weighted crunches 8kg

time: around 32 min, Transform was timing it so not too sure exact time.

Should have been 50 inverted rows but I got it wrong and ended up doing 70....:rolleyes: So did 40 powercleans then instead of 50.

Went my first Muay Thai class today, Khannie kindly came with me to show me the ropes etc. (thanks a mil!). But...I don't think it's for me. I don't think it's gets really difficult until you're at a certain level and know exactly what you're doing, and I don't think I'd have the patience to wait to get to that level!

I realised that I love the workouts I'm doing now and the way I can push myself to get a certain time for each one, I fecking love that feeling, I actually love feeling like I'm going to die when I'm finished and knowing I couldn't have done anymore!

So now I'm not sure what to do, I mean I love the gym work I'm doing, but I really would like to do some kind of a competitive sport too, I just don't know what! If anyone has any ideas feel free to throw them forward!:D

Anyway, back to the gym tomorrow so I'll post up then!

And thanks again Khannie, really appreciated it, I'd never have gone on my own! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

How about running or swimming?

How about running or swimming?

Ah no like I run in the gym, not a massive cardio fan but I don't mind it when it's mixed in with a weights routine, and well I just don't see the benefits to swimming!

I'd really like some kind of a group sport for say maybe twice a week so I can keep up about 4 days in the gym still. Ach I'll think of something!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

I did Muay Thai myself a few years back but found I enjoyed more traditional martial arts like TKD.
    There’s the competitive side with regards to sparring but there’s also the patterns which are extremely changeling (right from the get go)

Check out ‘Moon-Moo’ and tell me it’s not mad impressive.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnKNrv_sWRQ

Also, have you looked much into crossfit?
    There’s the competitive aspect of the WOD and the benchmark workouts + that near death feeling every crossfit workout is guaranteed to give ya.

I did Muay Thai myself a few years back but found I enjoyed more traditional martial arts like TKD.
    There’s the competitive side with regards to sparring but there’s also the patterns which are extremely changeling (right from the get go)

Check out ‘Moon-Moo’ and tell me it’s not mad impressive.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnKNrv_sWRQ

Also, have you looked much into crossfit?
    There’s the competitive aspect of the WOD and the benchmark workouts + that near death feeling every crossfit workout is guaranteed to give ya.

Aye I've done kind of scaled down crossfit style workouts with Transform, but the thing is if I wanted to get into it properly that's out in Tallaght and I live northside, and don't drive so it's kind of awkward that way.

I'll check the vid out now, cheers:)

Switched to RAW today it's well worth the bus ride, fecking deadly gym!! Everyone seems really sound there!

SLDL:

40kgx10
    45kgx10
    45kgx10
    45kgx10
    45kgx10

Incline Bench Press

10kgx10
    10kgx10
    7.5kgx10
    7.5kgx10

(couldn't find the 8kgs!)

Metcon: 21,19,15,12,9,6,3
    Dumbbell Powercleans 2 10kg dumbbells
    Crunches
    Back Extensions

Metcon Time: 9.05

Metcon took me longer today, but only cause I was trying to fix my technique on the powercleans, I'm going into a much deeper squat now.

I love my new gym:D

where abouts is raw, i need a new gym for the summer and its a toss up between raw and hercs :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

where abouts is raw, i need a new gym for the summer and its a toss up between raw and hercs :P

camden street

• Registered Users Posts: 7,146 ✭✭✭COH

South Richmond St :cool:

holy crap thats looking good for me, its near st stephens green which would be my main mode of transport, might come out and take a look, id rather not spam up g86s log :P

holy crap thats looking good for me, its near st stephens green which would be my main mode of transport, might come out and take a look, id rather not spam up g86s log :P

No worries! It's on richmond st. just up the top end of camden/harcourt street. I get the 19 from Phibsboro:) It's only a wee walk from town though.

im flicking out tommorow for a mess session, i saw on their website theirs a rope climb! probably be up between 4 and half 4, say hello if anyone sees me!

• Advertisement

im flicking out tommorow for a mess session, i saw on their website theirs a rope climb! probably be up between 4 and half 4, say hello if anyone sees me!

haha be careful! - Trevor C got up that rope...and didn't quite make it back down...:D

Advertisement