Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting back on track ....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Parsley wrote: »
    moar protein? vegetarianism feckin things up a bit there nah?

Aye, I'm trying..the protein shakes help, but haven't had any over the weekend just. I think I'm doing pretty alright getting over a gram per kg of bodyweight in though, esp with my diet like.

I'll easily go back down on the carbs/cals mid week, I just tend to eat more when I'm not in my normal weekday routine! I need to find a balance though, 1300cal was way too low the other day, I didn't realise til I checked it at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 autogroup999

can anybody tell about kettlebell training new to this just begining so any info would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

G86 wrote: »
    Aye, I'm trying..the protein shakes help, but haven't had any over the weekend just. I think I'm doing pretty alright getting over a gram per kg of bodyweight in though, esp with my diet like.

I'll easily go back down on the carbs/cals mid week, I just tend to eat more when I'm not in my normal weekday routine! I need to find a balance though, 1300cal was way too low the other day, I didn't realise til I checked it at the end of the day.

What veg protein sources do you normally eat?

howtomake wrote: »
    What veg protein sources do you normally eat?

Mixed beans(kidney beans etc.), green veg, more beans, nuts, soy milk/yogurts, protein shakes...

Not exactly a vast selection but it's not too bad.

Mixed beans(kidney beans etc.), green veg, more beans, nuts, soy milk/yogurts, protein shakes...

Not exactly a vast selection but it's not too bad.

Mmm, lentils.
    Are you vegan or vegetarian? What about eggs?
    Quinoa? Millet? Although millet tastes a bit grainy, but if left in stews for awhile softens up. What about Quorn products, although some people are allergic to it & get really bad stomach issues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Mixed beans(kidney beans etc.), green veg, more beans, nuts, soy milk/yogurts,

This is what food eats.

IP Warm Up x 3

My hip was grand when I woke up this morning, but felt a bit of a twinge in it during the warm up. Asked Will whether to deadlift, and he just said to stay under 90kg for reps.

Deadlift
    60kgx5
    70kgx5
    80kgx5
    90kgx5
    90kgx5
    90kgx4
    90kgx2
    - this was meant to be 90kgx5x5, but I could feel it in my hip with the last few reps so left it at that and just lowered the weight for 2 more sets.
    60kgx5x2

Hoping it fixes itself soon, 'cause my deadlifting's been going well and I really don't want to backtrack. Happy enough with that though, sometimes you just have to know when to stop I guess!

Couldn't do the reverse hypers, so Paul said to do some core work instead.
    Plank
    3x60secs

Alternate situps

3 x 20 with 10kg

DB Bench Press
    10kg x 8
    10kg x 8

15kgx5
    17.5kgx3
    15kgx5
    15kgx5
    15kgx5
    15kgx5

- I don't know what the story was with the 17.5's, was doing them for 5x5 a 2 weeks ago, but they just weren't going up.

Had to leave out the side bends.

Inverted Ring Rows

12 x 5 sets (broken down, knees bent). Could feel a pull on my hip doing these as well, but it was more annoying than painful. Felt like I was doing a really hard stretch or something! I'd say I'm just thrusting up with my hips more than pulling myself up with my arms on these.

Single DB Press
    12.5kg
    x12
    x12
    x10
    x10
    x8
    - started failing on the last 2 sets of these. Might be because I did them in the last session? I don't know, that was 2 days ago like...

Conditioning Block
    Lateral Sprints

every 30 secs

-I enjoy these :)

Happy enough with that session, even though I'd a few dodgy sets.

Mmm, lentils.
    Are you vegan or vegetarian? What about eggs?
    Quinoa? Millet? Although millet tastes a bit grainy, but if left in stews for awhile softens up. What about Quorn products, although some people are allergic to it & get really bad stomach issues.

I'm a vegetarian, I'll eat products that have dairy products in the ingredients. However, I can't stomach milk, cheese or eggs. Haven't in years. Can't eat Quorn because it looks like meat...and therefore makes me want to puke my guts up, as do any meat imitation products!

I'm happy out with my diet for now, I'm doing the best I can do within my limitations, and I'm still on averaging on over 50% carb reduction.

Stats
    kcal : 1744
    Fat: 49% - 92.5g
    Carbs: 32% - 134.2g
    Protein: 19% - 83.9g

My kcals would be savagely low if it wasn't for eating nuts, I had like 100g today(600kcal) to try and keep them at a decent level as I thought I was only going to hit around 1000kcal for the day. Going to try and sit in around 1600/1700. That doesn't leave me with much of a calorie deficit, but it means I'm not training on fcuk all fuel considering I've cut the carbs too.

This makes sense in my head. But if it sounds like I'm talking ****e I probably am :p

I'm a vegetarian, I'll eat products that have dairy products in the ingredients. However, I can't stomach milk, cheese or eggs. Haven't in years. Can't eat Quorn because it looks like meat...and therefore makes me want to puke my guts up, as do any meat imitation products!

I'm happy out with my diet for now, I'm doing the best I can do within my limitations, and I'm still on averaging on over 50% carb reduction.

Stats
    kcal : 1744
    Fat: 49% - 92.5g
    Carbs: 32% - 134.2g
    Protein: 19% - 83.9g

My kcals would be savagely low if it wasn't for eating nuts, I had like 100g today(600kcal) to try and keep them at a decent level as I thought I was only going to hit around 1000kcal for the day. Going to try and sit in around 1600/1700. That doesn't leave me with much of a calorie deficit, but it means I'm not training on fcuk all fuel considering I've cut the carbs too.

This makes sense in my head. But if it sounds like I'm talking ****e I probably am :p

I understand, sorry was just curious. I can't eat meat really unless it is covered in sauce or cheese or something so I just don't eat it anyway, unless it is fish, but try to limit myself on the poor depleted fishies.

Yeah if I were you I'd just try to eat enough to train hard enough with your wonderful gym (just a little jealous), I'm sure you look great and you're getting stronger and stronger.

I understand, sorry was just curious. I can't eat meat really unless it is covered in sauce or cheese or something so I just don't eat it anyway, unless it is fish, but try to limit myself on the poor depleted fishies.

Yeah if I were you I'd just try to eat enough to train hard enough with your wonderful gym (just a little jealous), I'm sure you look great and you're getting stronger and stronger.

No need to apologise! Any advice is welcomed :) I'm not a huge eco warrior or anything haha, it's basically all in my head, I just can't stomach the idea of eating anything that was alive and bloody and..ewww! :o

• Advertisement

IP Warm Up x3

Con Block-10mins
    Lateral Sprints
    every 30secs

-got Conor to do these with me cause I know I was slower at them on my own the other day. It was a win win situation, he made me go faster, and I taught him how to tell the time.:p

Work Block-15mins
    10 Box jump +turn
    10 T-pushups
    10 16kg Kb upright rows
    9 rounds

Con Block-10mins
    KB Swings 16kg x 10
    KG Snatches 8kg x 5e/s
    - 10 rounds

Work Block - 15mins
    10 KB Swings 16kg
    10 KB Press - 8kg
    Bounding - 2 lengths
    10 rounds

Foam Rolling - ouchies!

I realised after the cond. block that I was doubling up on the KB work, it was grand, but I'll say I'll feel it tomorrow! Hip was grand too.

Not drinking for Paddies, so I'll get in 5 days training with Wed, Fri and Sat this week, determined to get these fats down.

Stats:
    Kcal : 1447
    Carbs: 50% - 158.0
    Fat: 31% - 43.2
    Protein: 19% -62.1

Squats
    20kgx5
    30kgx5
    40kgx5
    50kgx5
    60kgx5
    65kgx5x3sets - Will said I wasn't getting depth on these and was leaning forward, so dropped back down to 50kg for reps. My quads were pure fcuked today, felt really tight. Still annoying though, cause I got 5 good sets last time.
    50kgx8x3sets

Supported DB RDLs
    15kg DB e/s
    4 sets of 8 e/s

10kg plate situps

10kgx15x3 sets
    -the 5kg DBs were in use so used a plate instead.

Green Band Pullups - neutral grip

x12
    x12
    x12
    x12
    x10
    - pure sickened! Thought I was finally going to get the full 5 sets of 12! Happy enough though, it's an improvement on last week.

Alternating Incline DB Press (e/s)

12.5kgx5
    15kgx5x5
    - up from 12.5kg last session.

Ab Roll Out
    15x3sets

KB Shrugs 24kg e/s
    12x5sets

Conditioning 10min Block
    Lateral Sprints (every 30secs)

Munchies:
    Fat: 45% - 77.8g
    Carbs: 39% - 143.6g
    Protein:16% - 64.8g

Had serious DOMS yesterday, but trained flat out this week so it wasn't unexpected! Still achey today but I think I'll give the prowler a shot later, my hip seems grand now.

Also, I found out what Taurine was today...and puked my ring up.... :rolleyes: Then I found out the Taurine used in Monster is actually synthetic - but now I can't get the idea out of my head so therefore can't drink it anymore, I'm a freak like that.

In all seriousness though, I didn't realise my serious lack of energy til I started drinking a can of it before training. I should really look into some proper nutritional supplements, I'm more than likely low in summat.... and I'm sure energy drinks aren't the healthiest way to fix it!:/

...and puked my ring up.... :rolleyes:

I learn something new everyday, never heard the term "puked my ring up".

I learn something new everyday, never heard the term "puked my ring up".

Just be glad you didn't witness it.

I'm very proud of myself today actually, no drinking yesterday and no carb overload. Very nearly went out for an Indian - but I resisted!!!

I'm more than likely low in summat.

Meat.

Meat.

Be constructive, or go away.

Meanie:pac:

Just be glad you didn't witness it.

I'm very proud of myself today actually, no drinking yesterday and no carb overload. Very nearly went out for an Indian - but I resisted!!!

Good for you. I didn't quite resist yesterday, but I did just resist some dessert.

Maybe make your own Indian food, well if you like to cook?

Good for you. I didn't quite resist yesterday, but I did just resist some dessert.

Maybe make your own Indian food, well if you like to cook?

Ah aye, I know, but it's different when you have to cook yourself - not quite the same! :)

Headache at mo, but going to drag my ass out to IP...... well, gonna try!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Ah aye, I know, but it's different when you have to cook yourself - not quite the same! :)

Headache at mo, but going to drag my ass out to IP...... well, gonna try!

Is IP open today, I was out earlier but the place was shut.

Also, do you know if they're opening tomorrow? Cheers.

Scuba Ste wrote: »
    Is IP open today, I was out earlier but the place was shut.

Also, do you know if they're opening tomorrow? Cheers.

Yeah, open 4-8 today, and normal hours from 10-2 tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Yeah, open 4-8 today, and normal hours from 10-2 tomorrow.

Cheers. That's what I get for not training this week.

Scuba Ste wrote: »
    Cheers. That's what I get for not training this week.

Do I know you?!

This boards/IP internet/reality thing is getting confusing :)

IP Warm Up x 3

Did C2 with Sarah today.

Con Block - 10 mins
    Prowler
    40kg and 80kg alternating pushes
    15 pushes
    - could have pushed harder on this one, wasn't a killer or anything, breaks were longer because I was waiting on my turn.

Work Block-15mins
    5 one leg squats e/s..used the platform and about 5 mats!
    10 Sit thru's
    5 Green band pullups
    13 rounds

Con Block-10mins

DB Snatches 15kg
    KB Swings 24kg
    9 rounds - 1 round less than last time but went heavier so happy enough.

RedCortina jumped in with us for this one!
    Work Block-15mins
    5 DB Snatch e/s 15kg
    Caterpillar Crawl-2 lengths
    10 Tuck jump
    9 rounds
    - very happy with this, upped the weight and got an extra round.

Good session.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

IP Warm Up x 3

Did C2 with Sarah today.

Con Block - 10 mins
    Prowler
    40kg and 80kg alternating pushes
    15 pushes
    - could have pushed harder on this one, wasn't a killer or anything, breaks were longer because I was waiting on my turn sarah was too slow.

FYP

Hanley wrote: »
    FYP

Whisht you. She did pretty damn well for someone with a fcuked up ankle. I had to explain to her what boards was today.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Scummins

Hanley wrote: »
    FYP

Hanley you just keep digging that hole you've dug for yourself...

Scummins wrote: »
    Hanley you just keep digging that hole you've dug for yourself...

hahahahahahahaha!
    0143.Tails-pawned.jpg_2D00_550x0.jpg

• Advertisement

lol

Advertisement