Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting back on track ....

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Scummins wrote: »
    Hanley you just keep digging that hole you've dug for yourself...

Well, looks like the tables have turned now....

Pot%20Kettle%20Black.jpg?m=1272644241

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Bollox bollox bollox!!!!!!

I was a pure human dustbin today. I kept carbs under 150g all fecking week, only to fook it up today! Was out for lunch so that's partially to blame:mad: I figure one day won't kill me though, still hoping there'll be some diff in the mm's once I get them back down the rest of the week, I've definitely been pushing harder in training so that's got to help.... hasn't it?! ahhh SH!tE anyways!!!!!!!

See below:

kcal: 1965
    Fat: 34% -72.5g
    Carb: 46% - 211g
    Protein: 19% 96.6g

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Will Heffernan

Where have you been...my teeth are killing me...all these nerve ending exposed making my every minute painful agony...and I've been miserable...it is during this time when I am at my lowest that I could put up with you moaning and giving out the most...you are missing the sweet spot in my 'humour' curve...hurry back....things will only not be able to be worse for me for a few more days...then I'll start feeling better and you will be able to contribute to killing my buzz.

p.s: I miss you so much it hurts......oh wait...that's just my teeth.

p.p.s: I had to do more gym based dental work tonight...and you missed it.

Where have you been...my teeth are killing me...all these nerve ending exposed making my every minute painful agony...and I've been miserable...it is during this time when I am at my lowest that I could put up with you moaning and giving out the most...you are missing the sweet spot in my 'humour' curve...hurry back....things will only not be able to be worse for me for a few more days...then I'll start feeling better and you will be able to contribute to killing my buzz.

p.s: I miss you so much it hurts......oh wait...that's just my teeth.

p.p.s: I had to do more gym based dental work tonight...and you missed it.

Wouldn't have got out til about 9.30 last night, that left insufficent time for work outs or abs watching.

And watching you pull out your teeth is hardly an incentive... although people have been known to want to do that when I'm around:D

p.s. I'm actually in a good mood, but that might change next Monday when I get these mm's checked..

Got the carbs back down yesterday:
    kcal: 1647
    Fat:47% - 90.5g
    Carbs: 38% - 154.5g
    Protein: 15% - 70.4g

I'll be in now straight through til Sat, S1 tonight.

• Advertisement

IP Warm Upx3

Deadlift
    60kgx5
    80kgx3
    80kgx3
    90kgx3
    100kgx2
    110kgx1x8sets
    - this went up easy enough, but Will told me to stick at 110 to work on form, which did seem to have improved a wee bit by the 8th rep... I started pulling on the bar as I bend my knees to lower, as opposed to waiting til I'm just about to lift, and it defo made a difference. (I don't know if that description makes sense!)

Reverse Hypers 40kg
    15x3sets
    - reps were broken down.

Alternate situps

3 x 20 with 10kg

DB Bench Press
    10kg x 8
    10kg x 8
    12.5kgx5
    15kgx5

17.5kgx5x5 - Yeah Baby!!:cool:

Side Bends
    12x3sets

Inverted Ring Rows

12x5sets

Single DB Press

12.5kg
    x12 (strict)
    x10 (strict)
    x 8 (strict)
    x 8 (strict) x 4 push press
    x 4 (strict) x 4 push press

Conditioning Block
    Lateral Sprints
    every 30 secs
    -these were grand.

Good session :)

Munchies
    Kcal: 1118
    Fat: 41%:54.6
    Carbs: 37%: 108.0
    Protein:22%: 69.2

I didn't realise I'd eaten so little, but I'm not hungry like, and had plenty of energy training.

Tried to do a cond. session with Conor today but was just pure light headed, serious lack of energy. More fecking annoying than anything, 'cause I'm not sore at all from yesterday like so I thought I was going to get in a decent session. Ended up just doing a 10min lateral sprint block, and then some stretching and foam rolling. Started a second block but just didn't have it in me, so just counted my losses and headed home.

Sure tomorrow's another day! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

G86 wrote: »
    Tried to do a cond. session with Conor today but was just pure light headed, serious lack of energy. More fecking annoying than anything, 'cause I'm not sore at all from yesterday like so I thought I was going to get in a decent session. Ended up just doing a 10min lateral sprint block, and then some stretching and foam rolling. Started a second block but just didn't have it in me, so just counted my losses and headed home.

Naw naw naw naw naw naw naw naw naw................

Da Za wrote: »
    Naw naw naw naw naw naw naw naw naw................

This post confuses me...

I was actually in grand form today, my body just wasn't co-operating...

Anyways, here's todays munchies, which will hopefully fuel a better workout for tomorrow :)

Kcal: 1563
    Fat: 40%: 75.2g
    Carbs: 35%: 139.8g
    Protein:25%: 106.2g

• Advertisement

Don't gorget about when you fell over.

Hanley wrote: »
    Don't gorget about when you fell over.

I had successfully omitted it from my memory - til now.

Thanks for that...:o

Squats
    20kgx5
    30kgx5
    40kgx5
    50kgx5
    60kgx5
    55kgx5x3sets
    50kgx5

I wasn't getting depth on these, and I was leaning forward aswell. Henners recorded it for me and they looked brutal, wasn't sitting into them at all like. My form hasn't been that bad in ages so it's annoying the hell outta me. Will said it's a subconcious thing that I'm protecting my hip now since I hurt it. How the fook do I fix that?!

Supported DB RDLs
    15kg DB e/s
    4 sets of 8 e/s

Sit ups DB 5kg
    15x3sets

Pullups - neutral grip
    Green Band
    x12
    x10
    x7
    x5
    Grey Band
    x12
    x8
    - these were crap compared to last session.

Alternating Incline DB Press (e/s)
    12.5kgx5
    15kgx5x5

Ab Roll Out
    15x3sets

KB Shrugs 24kg e/s

12x5sets

Munchies:
    kcal: 1628
    Fat: 40% - 84.5g
    Carbs: 31% - 131.2g
    Protein:25% - 111.6g

Was at the fat loss seminar in the gym today too and Will said about getting in 2/3g protein - which was a tad worrying since I thought I was ok on a 1g per kg ratio! So basically I need twice as much.. Doubled up on my protein shake tonight, but normally I'd be sitting on around 70-80g which obviously isn't enough.

Got my skinfolds checked today after the 2 weeks of cutting down the carbs, down 5mm from 128mm to 123mm:D 2mm's off my abdomen which I'm really happy about 'cause it's my sticking point! Haven't seen Damian in a while either and he said I looked leaner, was nice to hear cause I can't really see it. Roll on 110mm!

Con Block-10mins

Prowler Pushes 80kg
    14 pushes

Work Block-15mins
    10 Box jump +turn
    10 T-pushups
    10 16kg Kb upright rows
    10 rounds
    - push ups were broken up and not great.

Con Block-10mins
    Prowler pushes 40kg with Henners
    21 pushes in 9mins, then my legs stopped working.

Work Block - 15mins

10 KB Swings 16kg
    10 KB Press - 8kg
    Bounding - 2 lengths
    12 rounds
    - KB Press was flying up, might try the 16's next time, though don't know if I'd get through a 15min block with them.

21 pushes in 9 minutes is actually good going. But you're still a pussy for not seeing out the final minute.

Was a bit stiff when I woke up this moring, so figured I'd be lifting light enough... but ended up getting a 15kg PR on my deadlift:D:D

IP Warm Upx3

Deadlift
    60kgx5
    80kgx3
    90kgx1
    95kgx1
    100kgx1
    105kgx1
    110kgx1
    115kgx1
    115kgx1
    120kgx1
    125kgx1
    130kgx1 PR

My form was the best it's been today :) I was even getting a decent first rep on each set, and I normally have a sh!t first rep! Managed to hold my back straight through all the sets, although it wavered a bit at the 105kg, but was grand then at 110kg. That's the first DL PR I've ever got that didn't look like hell! It went up pretty slow, but I was just concentrating on not hitching. Loads of room for improvements...but I'm still happy out! :)

Reverse Hypers 40kg
    x10
    x8
    x12
    x12
    x12

Alternate situps

3 x 20 with 10kg

DB Bench Press

10kg x 8
    10kg x 8
    17.5kgx5x5

Side Bends

12x3sets

Inverted Rows Elevated
    I decided to try these to see how many I'd get elevated, but I'm still not great at them.
    x7
    x6
    x6
    x6
    x5
    x5

Single DB Press
    12.5kg
    x12 (strict)
    x12 (strict)
    x12 (strict)
    x 4 (strict) x 4 push press
    x 2 (strict) x 4 push press
    - ended up failing on these, literally just couldn't lift anymore.

I'm really enjoying training at the moment, mm's are coming down and weights are going up, had a bit of a slump there for a while so it's nice to be making some progress :) Hopefully get the mm's down to 110 soon and the DL up to 140.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

nice DLing.
    Good stuff

G86... soon to be seen on the IP record board.

G86... soon to be seen on the IP record board.

I sorted that one out earlier :D

I sorted that one out earlier :D

Thought it only counted during testing?!

• Advertisement

Thought it only counted during testing?!
    Na, it counts so long as Will see's it.

Just updating fitday, I forget to post it here sometimes, so here's yesterday and today:
    kcal 1625
    Fat: 78.4
    Carb:145g
    Protein:110.4g

Today:
    kcal 1909
    Fat: 58.4
    Carb: 203.3g
    Protein: 111.2g

Funny how I've to eat like 100g of nuts on a weekday to get my cals up, but at the weekend I've no probs doing it without even realising, haha:p Happy enough for the carbs to be sub 150 during the week and hover between that and 200g at the weekends. 200g is kind of like the stop sign though, so was pushing it today!! That deadlifting's hungry work though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Will Heffernan

What you need to do is to structure your food around your training rather than just 'doing' a diet and training away regardless. I think you are probably getting a handle on that.

I am doing up all the notes from the seminar and I am going to go through them with all the IP attendees and have you recite it back to me so there is no confusion.

I think I said some really important things the other night and I was looking around at people and all I saw was blank faces and empty eyes...I was hoping that pennies would be dropping all round the room...alas...it wasn't to be. Hopefully when you get the notes you can read them over and over again and get a better structure to your diet so you aren't hitting so many flat spots...I can tell when you walk in whether your diet is 'right' or not and can tell when you'll have a good session or bad one...you need to be able to tell as well.

Well done on the deadlifting. I will mail you the videos this afternoon so you can check them out. I was well pleased with 50% of your reps...sometimes you were good off the ground and some were better at the top...we are going to back off a little...nail your form in that 90% of 1RM range and then well and truly PB in testing.

What you need to do is to structure your food around your training rather than just 'doing' a diet and training away regardless. I think you are probably getting a handle on that.

I am doing up all the notes from the seminar and I am going to go through them with all the IP attendees and have you recite it back to me so there is no confusion.

I think I said some really important things the other night and I was looking around at people and all I saw was blank faces and empty eyes...I was hoping that pennies would be dropping all round the room...alas...it wasn't to be.

Cheers. I got most of what you were saying, it's just understanding it as a general rule and applying it to myself are different things - ones easier than the other! I've just been focusing on carbs, and hoping the kcals stay in line - which they have. Saturday and Sunday they tend to go up now, because I'm in less of a routine and my diet changes...also it keeps me sane to have a bit more carb freedom one or 2 days a week!

I've been upping the protein shakes too, now that I know I was about 70g out of reach every day. I also know now from the other days epic fail at training that sub 100g isn't the way to go either. So I'm learning from my mistakes....:o Any input regarding pre/post workout diet is definitely welcomed.

7.30pm on a Sunday evening and I've suddenly loads of energy, and nowhere to train! Typical!

Might go for a run....but I hate running outdoors....

I stick on a Davina DVD:D Hahahahahaha

Also, I'm gonna write off that prowler tomorrow, so Hanley and Henners can eat their words:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

what are you gonna do to make us eat our words?
    get 24 pushes with 40kg in 10 mins?

what are you gonna do to make us eat our words?
    get 24 pushes with 40kg in 10 mins?

I can try.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

Love nuts! I'm like you weekends are just not structured enough for me with food. There has been much too much baking going on where I live, need to watch the carbs myself. After I'm finished with this weeks, uh set backs, I'm going to go on lower carbs myself, hoping for mainly vegetarian (ie no fish). Yeah and I know I need more protein myself, we'll struggle on...

IP Warm Up x 3

Con Block - 10 mins
    Prowler
    40kg
    25 pushes - I did good:D

Work Block-15mins
    5 one leg squats e/s..used the platform and about 5 mats!
    10 Sit thru's
    5 Green band pullups
    13 rounds - same as last time.

Con Block-10mins
    Lateral sprints, every 30sec

****!!! I was wondering why I was ready to go again at the end of this. I was pure nagging Conor to do a '5th block' with me. But sure turns out I totally missed the last work block so I'd only done 3!!!! How the fook did I do that?! I am fcuking blonde on the inside, I swear to god.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Munchies:
    kcal 1700
    Fat 72.5g/ 40%
    Carbs 135.6g/ 35%
    Protein 104.5/ 26%

Pretty happy with my %'s the last while, esp considering my carb intake used to be 60-70%!

Advertisement