Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting back on track ....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Will Heffernan

G86 wrote: »
    IP Warm Up x 3

Con Block - 10 mins
    Prowler
    40kg
    25 pushes - I did good:D

Work Block-15mins
    5 one leg squats e/s..used the platform and about 5 mats!
    10 Sit thru's
    5 Green band pullups
    13 rounds - same as last time.

Con Block-10mins
    Lateral sprints, every 30sec

****!!! I was wondering why I was ready to go again at the end of this. I was pure nagging Conor to do a '5th block' with me. But sure turns out I totally missed the last work block so I'd only done 3!!!! How the fook did I do that?! I am fcuking blonde on the inside, I swear to god.:rolleyes:
    I think you had your mind elsewhere... :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I think you had your mind elsewhere... :)

I noticed he was training today actually...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Will Heffernan

Hanley wrote: »
    I noticed he was training today actually...
    He's so dreamy...I got lost in his eyes for a while there.

He's so dreamy...I got lost in his eyes for a while there.

I got lost in the separation between his abzz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Who?????!

DAMN who did I miss?! I actually didn't notice any abs yesterday:(

• Advertisement

Maybe I was subconsiously distracted...

We need to set up a timetable or something...I need to be kept informed on such matters!:pac:

Tough enough session, nothing wild difficult or anything but just wasn't really feeling it today.

Squats
    20kgx5
    20kgx5
    20kgx5
    20kgx5
    30kgx5
    30kgx5
    30kgx5
    40kgx5x8sets

I kept the weight low and focused more on technique today, and hitting depth. It was hit and miss for the first few sets at 40kg, but I could feel it get better the 4th set in, so just kept going for another 4 then. Got Henners to check the last set, and he said the depth was grand, but my left leg was caving inwards, wonder what that's all about:confused: He was saying might have something to do with my stance being extra wide, but I've used that stance like for the past few months with no probs til now. Just going to have to work on it I guess!

Supported DB RDLs
    15kg DB e/s
    4 sets of 8 e/s

Sit ups DB 5kg
    15x3sets

Pullups - neutral grip
    Green Band
    x12
    x12
    x10
    x10
    x7
    x6

Alternating Incline DB Press (e/s)

15kgx5x5

Ab Roll Out
    15x3sets

KB Shrugs 24kg e/s
    12x5sets

Munchies:
    kcal: 1629
    Fat: 49% - 94g
    Carbs: 32% - 134.8g
    Protein:19% - 88.7g

Bit low on the protein, but I don't really want to be having another shake now and adding on another 130kcal at 9pm... I'll have less nuts and an extra shake tomorrow.

It's mad that like 600 of that 1629kcal are from nuts. Lowering the carbs has really lowered my kcal count. I really need to find another food to bring my kcals up that won't give me a massive carb increase too. And no Paidi, don't say meat!:rolleyes:

Con Block-10mins
    Lateral Sprints every 30sec

Work Block-15mins
    10 Box jump +turn
    10 T-pushups
    10 16kg Kb upright rows
    10 rounds

Con Block-10mins

DB Snatch 12.5kg x 10
    KB Swings 24kg x 10
    8 rounds

Work Block - 15mins
    10 KB Swings 16kg
    10 KB Press - 8kg
    Bounding - 2 lengths
    13 rounds

Oh and Mr Dreamy isn't floating my boat guys, next please.

Oh and Mr Dreamy isn't floating my boat guys, next please.

whaaaaaa?

whaaaaaa?
    Nope, did nothing for me.

• Advertisement

Ended up training alot later than usual today and it totally messed with my diet. Bit higher than I'd like with the kcals and carbs, but happy with the overall %s. I've a strength session tomorrow anyway, so at least I'll be fuelled up for that!

kcal: 1897
    Fat:80.2/ 37%
    Carb: 176.9/37%
    Protein:126.7/25%

3 mile jog. This was less of a run and more of a foot shuffle... Wrecked today but won't get training all weekend now, so wanted to do something.

Testing Monday. I was hoping to get another PR on my deadlift, but I haven't had the chance to work on it this week so I don't know now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭fullback4glin

Think of it as deloading

Been taking my Aunty out for lunch/dinner as she's staying for the weekend, so haven't been able to properly manage my kcals/carbs on fitday, but I'm trying to estimate what's in what so I can at least stay sub 200g over the weekend, and limit the damage!

My mm's better not be up on Monday... I worked my ass off to get them down that 5mm, I'll actually cry if they're up. If they've stayed the same I'll be happy enough. I feel pretty obese though... funny how you get that pure psychological slump from not training.

We went for dinner today and I went for the plain flour tortilla as opposed to the deep fried chimichanga - hard as it was! But dammit I'll defo be having that chimichanga for my bday dinner in 2 weeks :P Knowing I'm getting tested tomorrow and the pure prospect of my skinfolds kept me away from it!!!

I'd like to go for 135kg on the straight bar tomorrow, provided I'm allowed! I'd love to get 140kg but I don't know if that's going to happen...least not with good form, we'll see! I'm also pretty worried about my pull ups, I'm actually not sure I'll even get one again! They haven't felt too strong lately and I haven't tried without the bands in a while. I'm going to pick my battles though, so the deadlift and the bench are the 2 main ones. I've been stuck at 48kg on the bench for ages, so I'd be happy to get it to 50kg. I'd like to hit 45 at least on the press ups, I got 39 last time and I know I've got better at them since. Not bothered about the spider test, but I'll definitely give it a proper go this time, providing no-one makes me restart this time and puts me in a mood! :P

Just worked out todays munchies there on fitday, not looking the best with the carb and protein count, but not as bad as I thought either.
    kcal: 1751
    carbs: 237.9g/54%
    Fat: 66.7g/34%
    Protein: 54.9g/12%

The lack of nuts and protein shakes had a big effect on my protein % :(...as did the tortilla wrap on my carbs.. but sure the extra few grams will fuel my testing! haha :D

Got through half of testing before I just said fcuk it an left. Basically I'm fatter and weaker.

Weight 71.6
    Skinfolds 128mm

Down a kilo in weight an up 5mm skinfolds in the space of a week.
    Only. 4 of that kg was fat. Only saving grace is my skinfolds are down from the last proper testing.

bench:48kg
    failed twice on 50, second attempt was about two cm off.

pull ups : none
    it appears I can't do a pull up anymore

Was no point in finishing it today, just really disheartened. Might try the spider an deadlift tomorrow.

Sucks.. I really trained hard the past few weeks.

Food:

Kcal 1303
    Carbs 108.5/35%
    Fat 52.8/ 36%
    Protein 93.4/ 29%

I want those mm's back down by this day next week.

Sucks.. I really trained hard the past few weeks.

I'm saying this for your benefit, and hate me if you want - but have a look thru your log. You'd a lot of bad days where you just got sick of it during the last cycle. Those things happen. Just don't be freaked out as a result and take it week by week... just get thru the workouts and it'll all build up to great results :)

I'm saying this for your benefit, and hate me if you want - but have a look thru your log. You'd a lot of bad days where you just got sick of it during the last cycle. Those things happen. Just don't be freaked out as a result and take it week by week... just get thru the workouts and it'll all build up to great results :)

Point taken.

BUT I also trained my ass off for the last 2 weeks, kept carbs low, got to 123mm - and in four days of not even high - just normal - carbs, they're back up 5mm and I've apparently somehow lost muscle. My deadlift went up because my back got stronger - so why can't a I get a pull up? My back got stronger so I presume I built muscle - so why have I lost it? And why is my bench no better when my DB bench has improved?

I don't get it.

Point taken.

BUT I also trained my ass off for the last 2 weeks,

2 weeks isn't very long... If you've 2 good weeks, and 2 bad weeks... That's not a great month.

I actually said this to Will the other day, but at times yourself, Daz and Liam have expectations too high of yourself. You just can't keep making big jumps all year round. When I was mid way thru my PL career, if I got two big 6 week gain periods during the year I was f*cking ecstatic.

The rest of the time you've just got to punch the training sessions out. You'll tick along for a few months just getting your work done, and thne all of a sudden you'll take a jump, seemingly out of nowhere (when in reality it's that cumulative effort over the previous few months)
    kept carbs low, got to 123mm - and in four days of not even high - just normal - carbs, they're back up 5mm and I've apparently somehow lost muscle.

You haven't gained fat and lost muscle in 4 days. It simply hasn't happened. My mills bounce all over the place from week to week like. There's hundreds of factors that effect them.
    My deadlift went up because my back got stronger - so why can't a I get a pull up?

Lats play a passive roll in deadlifting, but an active roll in pull ups. Totally different movements and demands on your back. I'd rather a huge deadlift than a few extra pull ups tbh.
    My back got stronger so I presume I built muscle - so why have I lost it?

Probably have built it... See my above comments re: mms
    And why is my bench no better when my DB bench has improved?

It's neural. You haven't benched, so your body isn't as good as benching. DB and BB are similar, but when it comes to hitting an all out max, if you're not training your barbell bench, you won't get a true representation of strength.

Now that BB benching is back in the program, consider it a chance to practice using the strength you've gained from the DBs and applying it to BB. Don't be surprised to see a PR at the end of this cycle.

I don't get it.

Now ya do :D

• Advertisement

You haven't gained fat and lost muscle in 4 days. It simply hasn't happened. My mills bounce all over the place from week to week like. There's hundreds of factors that effect them.

Can you please tell Will that then so?! :)

I'd really really like it to be true....

Also, with regards to the rest of the explaining you did there - thank you, it's really appreciated. I'm just disappointed, I'll get over it. Might just leave the testing to the next cycle and not bother with any maxes for a while and just grind it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

2 weeks isn't very long... If you've 2 good weeks, and 2 bad weeks... That's not a great month.

I actually said this to Will the other day, but at times yourself, Daz and Liam have expectations too high of yourself. You just can't keep making big jumps all year round. When I was mid way thru my PL career, if I got two big 6 week gain periods during the year I was f*cking ecstatic.

:D

Just curious. I think I've interpreted this right but correct me if I'm wrong?

I expect things to come to quickly? I'm sort of getting around that now and that it is a cumulative effort!

Can you please tell Will that then so?! :)

Did Will specifically say you've gained fat and lost muscle in 4 days?

Also, with regards to the rest of the explaining you did there - thank you, it's really appreciated. I'm just disappointed, I'll get over it. Might just leave the testing to the next cycle and not bother with any maxes for a while and just grind it out.

De nada!

Chasing 1rms for too long always messed me up. You really get inside your own head. It's much easier to see success by gaining a rep or two on a few of your sets than it is to put 5kg on your 1rm. IP15 seems set up to facilitate that so ya should be grand.
    Da Za wrote: »
    Just curious. I think I've interpreted this right but correct me if I'm wrong?

I expect things to come to quickly? I'm sort of getting around that now and that it is a cumulative effort!

Obvious sexual innuendo aside... :D Yeah, you seem to expect a huge pay off from each training cycle and at each comp. There's nothing wrong with big goals, but you're not always going to get them. My best gains always just came when I stopped worrying too much and just concentrated on punching the training sessions out and getting them done. I know dropping the kgs off your squat's a big ego hit and a pain in the a$$, but it's a really smart move and will pay off massively in months to come. It might take 6 months, but you'll be squatting more at the end of it :)

Did Will specifically say you've gained fat and lost muscle in 4 days?

He said I lost .4kg of fat out of 1kg to be precise, and the rest muscle. But then he also said it basically levelled out as the same stats as before, when you take into account my lower bodyweight with the extra 5mms BF. I should have asked him to explain more at the time, will do tomorrow when I'm not as pissed off :)

:o I may have slightly over-reacted yesterday....

I get really annoyed if I don't see progress quickly - I'm a instant results hoe. I also don't like not being able to do/being bad at things, aka the mood bench and pull up fail put me in...:pac:

Screw the pull up, going to finish out the testing tonight, just get my 130kg again on the DL and leave it at that, and actually put effort into the spider test for a change. The push ups can be an added bonus.

I'll turn the last good 2 weeks into 6 good weeks and see where that gets me. Going by Gymfreak and Henners it obviously works to be consistent... so going to aim for 4 ok weeks as opposed to 2 brilliant/2 sh1te etc., aka the norm for me. Hopefully my weight/skinfolds will reset themselves in a week or 2. I never thought I'd be annoyed about losing weight:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

I actually said this to Will the other day, but at times yourself, Daz and Liam have expectations too high of yourself. You just can't keep making big jumps all year round.

I dont anymore, at all.
    Id like to be stronger and leaner etc but they are ongoing and continuing goals.
    I am very aware of my limitations and I've definitely subscribed to the "slow and steady" wins the race mentality.
    I was really happy with an increase of 1 pull up, 1 push up and the 20m increase in the spider, again, slow steady progress.

I dont anymore, at all.
    Id like to be stronger and leaner etc but they are ongoing and continuing goals.
    I am very aware of my limitations and I've definitely subscribed to the "slow and steady" wins the race mentality.
    I was really happy with an increase of 1 pull up, 1 push up and the 20m increase in the spider, again, slow steady progress.

I noticed that actually, you never get riled about maxes etc., now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

I dont anymore, at all.

You've gone to the opposite end of the spectrum though, where you now have no belief in yourself.

Fuck limitations, it's all in the head.

Turns out I'm not weaker after all.....:D Went in today just thinking I'd get it done and do what I could, and went really well.

Testing - Day 2, better mood....

Pull Ups:1:D
    -same as last time

Inverted Rows: 19

- up from 6

Push Ups in 60secs: 50
    - up from 39

Deadlift - straight bar: 130kg

-this was my trapbar max last time.
    135kg - fail, got it just above my knees and I got stuck! I've an epic bruise growing on my thigh to tell the tale... hahahaha:pac:

Spider test - 505m
    - up from 465

I'm a very happy bunny.....!

• Advertisement

Yesterdays Munchies:

kcal: 1779
    Carbs: 173.6/40%
    Fat: 71.1/ 35%
    Protein: 114g/25%

Advertisement