Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting back on track ....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

trevor? pfft, thinks hes so great
    just cause he deadlifts what i do at 20kg less bw.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

trevor? pfft, thinks hes so great
    just cause he deadlifts what i do at 20kg less bw.....

Yeah what's up with that? Pull your socks up cardio, you don't want this 75kg bradpants lifting 200kg before you.. Imagine the shame! :D

I ain't going near that rope again until someone sticks up an instruction manual or something.

haha , i kicked ass on the rope today! was animal! im really tempted to join that gym this weekend :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

haha , i kicked ass on the rope today! was animal! im really tempted to join that gym this weekend :P

Whoop!!! ....I think I should be getting commission!:cool:

I ain't going near that rope though.......:o

Anyway, TODAY:

4k run outside (in the COLD!)

today:

Decreasing 100 (kind of!)

100 reverse curls
    90 dips
    40 step ups
    70 band pulls
    60 crunches
    50 bicep curls x 7.5kg)
    40 deadlifts x 45kg
    30 back extensions
    20 wall balls 6kg
    10 burpees

Time: 20:02

Should have been 80 step ups but I've had a nagging pain just under my toe for the past week and was fierce sore doing those today so I stopped at 40. Not sure what I've done to it, tried lunges instead and couldn't do those either, it's a balls!:mad:

oh and FINALLY I've space to do wall balls! :) There was nowhere to do them in my old gym and I used to have to do normal squats instead!

Also:

10 mins intervals crosstrainer

It's my xmas party tomorrow night so no gym, I figure all the dancing will do as cardio! :)

• Advertisement

Had a friend in with my today and he did really really well for a newbie :) He managed 3 of the 6 rounds, and it was tough enough!!

Today:
    12 Burpees
    12 Thrusters x 10, x10, x7.5, x7.5, x7.5, x7.5
    12 One arm rows x 15kg:D

Stupid stopwatch didn't start so didn't get a time, meh!:mad:

I've a wee problem in that there are no 8/9kg weights in there which I need for thrusters, but I did manage 2 rounds of 10kg today so I guess I'm just going to have to get stronger:D

There's also a pull up bar in there that is calling out to me, going to ask Transform to show me how to do negatives in my next session and see can I manage those at least. I'm still just doing inverted rows but I really really want to be able to do pull ups!! at least one.....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

on that workout throw in the inverted rows instead of the one arm rows and for the foot put a golf ball on the floor and massage the arch in your foot like you would roll your thighs and calves. More than likely a very tight arch in your foot as your claves are super tight anyway.

They have foam rolls in raw now so use them.

dont mean to hijack but what does rolling your foot arch do? obviously it makes it more flexible but does it help any movements ?

G86 wrote: »
    Stupid stopwatch didn't start so didn't get a time, meh!:mad:

That sounds like a dodgy excuse to me.. :D

dont mean to hijack but what does rolling your foot arch do? obviously it makes it more flexible but does it help any movements ?

It just loosens the muscles - my calves are brutal:o

• Advertisement

Transform wrote: »
    on that workout throw in the inverted rows instead of the one arm rows and for the foot put a golf ball on the floor and massage the arch in your foot like you would roll your thighs and calves. More than likely a very tight arch in your foot as your claves are super tight anyway.

They have foam rolls in raw now so use them.

Cheers, I'll do that then so! But I reaaaalllly don't like those foam rollers- evil things... the paaaainnn:o

That sounds like a dodgy excuse to me.. :D

What you mean like being 'too tired' to do a deadlift?:D

What you mean like being 'too tired' to do a deadlift?:D

Does anything get pass you? :pac:

Todays workout (courtesy of Trevor C!)
    This was meant to be FIVE rounds - but I got it wrong and did 6....:rolleyes:

Straight Leg Deadlift x 55kg:D x 5

Burpees x 10

400m run

x6

Time: 27:14

I'm not sure how good or bad that time is but I was bolloxed by the end of it - so it was good for me! Also, should have been standard deadlifts and I wasted a bit of my time trying a set of these at the start but I've never done them so I stuck with what I know.

Also next time I'll take the barbell over to the treadmill so I don't have to run over and back, there's a wee area behind the treadmill where I can do the deadlifts.

I'm well happy with the 55kg, 'cause the last SLDL I did was 45kg. :D

super lifting and 6 rounds of that is feckin hell!!!

Today:

Straight Leg Deadlift: 55kg x 10
    Dumbbell Bench Press: 10kg x 10
    Metcon

Dumbbell Powerclean x 10kg
    Crunches
    Back Extensions

Time: 7.57

10 min run.

Wasn't really in the form for gym today ,was wrecked, but went anyway and had an ok session I guess - but I left feeling I could have done more. Just kind of been thinking that maybe I think I'm doing better than I actually am! But we'll see!

Really good gym day!!!:D

Straight leg deadlift x 55kg x 5
    Burpees x 10
    400 m run

time: 17:05:D

This took me 27 mins when i did 6 rounds by mistake last time, this time i had my mp3 player with me and it made a major difference! Flew through it! :) Also set the barbell nearer the treadmill for the deadlifts.

Had my review with transform today and I'm a happy bunny!!:D

Previous (Oct) stats: BF:16.9% Subscap 14mm, Triceps 10mm, Hips 15mm, Thighs 15mm at 77kg

Current (Dec) stats: BF:14.4% Subscap 13mm, Triceps 9mm, Hips 13mm, Thighs 11mm at 73.8kg

Also had a session where we went through what;s involved in my new work outs. So it was a bit mismatch as we just briefly did each one but went as follows:

Deadlift: 60kg x 10

Kettleball Swings x 12kg
    Dips
    Dumbbell hangcleans x 6kg

Bench Press 20kg
    500m run
    x3

50 wall balls x 8kg
    100 crunches
    (oh and 30 push ups in between those crunches and wall balls cause I paused!:o)

Was well happy with the deadlift and especially that my BF's gone down - yay! Only thing I had bother with was the benchpress cause I'm used to using dumbbells and my elbow kept going at an angle. But time will sort it - hopefully! :) Oh and the last wall ball/crunch set was a killer - I do believe I had to peel myself off the floor after...

Jeez thats really good going! 2% bf drop since october, and ive heard that 14% bodyfat is the equivilant of 10% for a guy, could be lower :P

Deadlift: 60kg x 10

:D

• Advertisement

Back at the gym for first time since my session with Transform, was pretty ill over xmas and was snowed in Donegal...

Metcon was pretty lousy today,still feeling bit wheezy so had to stop a few times in the middle of it, but I'm well happy with my deadlift...:D

Today:
    Deadlift :
    60kg x 5 x 4
    70kg x 5 x 1

The first two sets felt awkward, then I realised I didn't have my shins right under the bar,it's only my second time doing regular deadlifts so still getting used to them. Oh aye, transform filmed my first go at them last session, not sure how to embed it but this is the link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wj-0tQf_dI

Remind me never to put vids like that on my facebook again, I was waaay proud of myself but the slaggin I got was unreal!:o

Metcon 21,18,15,12,9,6,3
    Kettleball Swings x 12kg
    Dips
    Dumbbell Hangcleans x 10kg
    Reverse Curls

Time: 12:13 :mad:

Time could have been alot better. Should have used a lighter weight for the hangcleans, they took me ages, but could only find one 7.5kg dumbbell at the time..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I can't believe you are deadlifting more than me and I'm a guy! Grrrrrr

I can't believe you are deadlifting more than me and I'm a guy! Grrrrrr
    plus she is only going to get stronger so catch up mate!!

AND that was 70kgs x 5 reps. If you were to do single reps or test your 1RM you'd lift 80-85kgs at the very least!

Putting the lads to shame G! :pac:

Today:

Lunges x 10kg
    One Arm Rows x 15kg
    x5

Russian Twists x 7kg
    Bicep Curls x 10kg
    x4

+ 10 mins intervals on treadmill and some foam rolling.

Was well happy that I was able to do the lunges as my freaking toe is still sore and haven't been able to do them right, but wasn't too bad today so happy days!

Oh aye, I had my friend Will in training with me before Xmas and some guy came up to me today saying he hadn't seen him in the gym since haha, I'm sooo going to tell him to guilt him into regular sessions :D

AND that was 70kgs x 5 reps. If you were to do single reps or test your 1RM you'd lift 80-85kgs at the very least!

Putting the lads to shame G! :pac:

Aye I'm going to try the singles tomorrow and see how I go, was going to try it today but I'm still fairly sore from Saturday so I figured I'd wait another day.

Went for the 80kg deadlift today and nailed it:D

I'm kind of annoyed to be honest though because although I only went for 1 rep I wanted to feel like I could have done more, but I definitely couldn't have. Meh!

Anyhow, here's my workout:

Deadlift
    60kg x 1
    70kg x 1
    80kg x1:D
    70kg x 5

Timed workout:

10 Press ups
    20 Squats
    25 crunches
    30 reverse curls

x 7 rounds in 14.30 mins.

The press ups should have been inverted rows but I tried the rings in RAW and they're just too close to the wall. I asked the guy in there was there anywhere else I could hang the rings but he said just to use the Smith machine - couldn't do that though as someone was using it.

Not too happy with myself though to be honest, apart from the deadlift I left feeling like I hadn't really worked out, I hate that feeling!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Not too happy with myself though to be honest, apart from the deadlift I left feeling like I hadn't really worked out, I hate that feeling!

that looks like a tough workout and well done on hitting the DL PB

that looks like a tough workout and well done on hitting the DL PB

Cheers :) I'm not really too sore at all today though which is kind of annoying! Much as I complain about DOMS I still like knowing I've done a good workout! I think I could push myself for an extra 2 rounds in the same time next time, probably wasn't going through it fast enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

Cheers :) I'm not really too sore at all today though which is kind of annoying! Much as I complain about DOMS I still like knowing I've done a good workout! I think I could push myself for an extra 2 rounds in the same time next time, probably wasn't going through it fast enough.

That's a very common misconception - DOMS is not necessarily a sign of a good workout, so don't worry ;)

Advertisement