Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting back on track ....

Options
1363738394042»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

G86 wrote: »
    Working late a bit this week and busy busy.. but have a plan of action now so I'm a happy happy bunny!!

Plan is, getting my squat looked at on Sat so see how that goes. And then from next week onwards I've some coaching sorted out to help get me get set up for the GPCs :):)

Yay, finally some direction again!

Can't wait to start lifting proper heavy again, and goddammit I'm gonna get that 140kg DL by then if it kills me!

Who is going to look at your squat for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Who is going to look at your squat for you?

Popping out to Ironside Sat to get Henners to have a look, and then a guy in raw is gonna help me out with training for the next while, so hopefully I'll be squatting again without falling over by next week...that's goal one! Small steps...:p

You looking at competing in the Olympic lifting yourself at some stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

G86 wrote: »
    Popping out to Ironside Sat to get Henners to have a look, and then a guy in raw is gonna help me out with training for the next while, so hopefully I'll be squatting again without falling over by next week...that's goal one! Small steps...:p

You looking at competing in the Olympic lifting yourself at some stage?

Might see ya out there on Saturday if i'm training. I am a long way away from competing at anything right now! :pac:

Today I resurrected my squat:D:D Worked on it with Henners out in Ironside today and basically started from scratch.

Started off with some mobility stuff - i.e. ouchies

Then practiced not falling over with a pvc pipe...

Then practised not falling over with an empty bar...

Then shut up and listened and changed my tech from wide stance/low bar to med stance/high bar

Did some box squats/light sets

Then..
    20kgx1
    25kgx1

30kgx1

35kgx1

40kgx1
    42.5kgx1
    47.5kgx1
    52.5kgx1
    57.5kgx1
    60kgxFail.... basically squatted, freaked myself out, and sat there thinking 'oooohh fcuk' til I was rescued:o

Then
    60kgx1 - yay! :D

30kgx5x3reps to finish

Lots of work to do, but my form and depth feels better than it's ever been. Hopefully onwards and upwards from here.

Goblet Squats.. not sure what weight
    5x10reps

Feeling alot more optimistic now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Well done:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

It did work better when you shut up & listened!

It was HYOOGE progress though, from
    Falling on your ass with a PVC pipe to squatting 60kg (while putting in a good fight without losing form)

Your hips flexors, ankles & calves need serious work before you get under a bar.
    Get a band and a cricket ball ASAP.

Keep greasing the groove & keep thinking baby steps for the next while.

The goblets with the KB were done with a 12kg bell with a 2 second pause at the bottom to try & mobilize the hips more.

Good work!

Conditioning.... tough.

15min block
    25kg Push Press x 10
    20kg One Arm Rows x 10e/s
    Crunches x 10
    7 rounds

Rower
    - figured I'd go with 5 instead of 10 and push hard, wanted to break my 31sec, didn't happen on the first row - so decided to go for consistency instead :D Happy out with this.

150m/45sec break
    31sec
    31sec
    31sec
    31sec
    31sec

15min block
    50kg Barbell Row x 5
    Press Ups x 5
    24kg KB Side Bends x 10 e/s
    9 rounds

Rower
    250m - 50sec
    250m - 53sec
    .... then I died

(my bright idea was a 1000m row, didn't work out)

Still happy with today though, pushed hard through it. Aside from the dying part.

It did work better when you shut up & listened!

That's generally the way it works.... I protest, think I'm right, then realise there's a small tiny chance I would be a WEE bit wrong..and rethink the situation.:pac:

Got halfway through a conditioning block before I thought I was going to pass out. Tried the rower then but wasn't happening. Wrecked. It's obviously due to cutting the carbs, I've dropped over 200g daily past few days. Been down to around 100g(50g before training), and thought I was getting away with it, but I need to be hovering in around 150-200g a day - should have learned my lesson last time. Kcals are obv way down too. It's a sickener though because it's not like I'm starving or anything, just stupidly weak and tired.:(

On another note, won't be updating this log anymore as it's not really of any benefit to me to be honest. If anyone (for some mad reason) wants to follow what I'm at just drop me a pm and I'll send you my blog link - I've been double posting my training from there anyway.

See ya later alligators.;)

Advertisement