Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting back on track ....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

celestial wrote: »
    That's a very common misconception - DOMS is not necessarily a sign of a good workout, so don't worry ;)

See I know that LOGICALLY, but still.......:o

Just found out I can't get to the gym this evening cause the stupid buses aren't running!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

G86 wrote: »
    See I know that LOGICALLY, but still.......:o

Just found out I can't get to the gym this evening cause the stupid buses aren't running!:mad:

Do Franley.

d'Oracle wrote: »
    Do Franley.

Burpees and BW Squats 21,18,15,12,9,6,3 - yeah?

I'll give it a go so!:D

Today:
    Franley

Burpees
    Bodyweight Squats

Time :7: 55

I just checked yours d'Oracle and it totally whips mines ass:o

I totally take back what I said about yesterdays workout, I felt those squats today!!!

Haha I just got a major pick me up there, I went downstairs in my workout gear to get a drink and my housemate looked at me and asked where my stomach had gone and said she was going to have to start doing weights if it worked that well :D

It's amazing how a random wee comment can make you feel great!:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

A proper Franley's 21/15/9 burpee's and squats, so fair play for putting yourself thru the extra torture!!

I've done an extended Franley with 27/21/15/9 after hill sprints. THAT was torture.

Is Transform getting ya ready for the CF invitational?

• Advertisement

Hanley wrote: »
    A proper Franley's 21/15/9 burpee's and squats, so fair play for putting yourself thru the extra torture!!

I've done an extended Franley with 27/21/15/9 after hill sprints. THAT was torture.

Is Transform getting ya ready for the CF invitational?

Oh bugger!:o I googled it as I wasn't sure - obviously got it wrong! That means my time would have been decent if I did it right though? happy days :)

I do metcons in my workouts but although I can do inverted rows I can't do pull ups (the shame) so that rules out most of the crossfit wods from what I can see....

That said, my new routine has less metcons this time around - I think it's so I'll get a bit stronger. I love metcons and I kind of feel like I've not really worked out as much when I don't do them, but I reaaallly want a 100kg deadlift:D

Oh bugger!:o I googled it as I wasn't sure - obviously got it wrong! That means my time would have been decent if I did it right though? happy days :)

You won't have much success googling it... Franley's my baby [Fran + (han)LEY]. I came up with it one day when I wanted to punish myself and Kevpants after hill sprints but didn't have any equipment around.

It took me around 7-8 minutes to do the extended Franley, which is only marginally longer than what you did, but I'd imagine it's a bit tougher cos of the 27 burprees in a row. Still tho, you woulda hit a good time.
    I do metcons in my workouts but although I can do inverted rows I can't do pull ups (the shame) so that rules out most of the crossfit wods from what I can see....

There's very few girls up at CFI doing unassisted pull ups AFAIK. Any I've seen doing invitational workouts have had band assistance.

You won't have much success googling it... Franley's my baby [Fran + (han)LEY]. I came up with it one day when I wanted to punish myself and Kevpants after hill sprints but didn't have any equipment around.

It took me around 7-8 minutes to do the extended Franley, which is only marginally longer than what you did, but I'd imagine it's a bit tougher cos of the 27 burprees in a row. Still tho, you woulda hit a good time.

There's very few girls up at CFI doing unassisted pull ups AFAIK. Any I've seen doing invitational workouts have had band assistance.

Really? Oh I thought it was like an official one!:p No wonder I couldn't find it...

I've never tried assisted ones either, I'll mention it to Transform next session for sure. I wouldn't mind going and seeing what the craic is, even if I do show myself up!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

+1

Generally speaking, I dont whip anyones ass but my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Really? Oh I thought it was like an official one!:p No wonder I couldn't find it...

I've never tried assisted ones either, I'll mention it to Transform next session for sure. I wouldn't mind going and seeing what the craic is, even if I do show myself up!:o
    you should go along even to just watch as the competition will be based 5mins walk from my place.

There may be less metcons but thats whats in this cycle so suck it up and practice deadlifts once a week no more, do it before any of the sessions and do not do low reps (less than 3reps) every week i.e. 6-8reps one week and 4 reps or less the next

Throw in any of my wods that i have up on my blog any time you need variety and just scale it when needed or mail me on how to scale it

• Advertisement

Transform wrote: »
    you should go along even to just watch as the competition will be based 5mins walk from my place.

There may be less metcons but thats whats in this cycle so suck it up and practice deadlifts once a week no more, do it before any of the sessions and do not do low reps (less than 3reps) every week i.e. 6-8reps one week and 4 reps or less the next

Throw in any of my wods that i have up on my blog any time you need variety and just scale it when needed or mail me on how to scale it

Haha shut up or put up eh?:P I might go, I'll see.
    Here, the deadlift is already on workout 1 on the schedule so will I just stick with doing it that day?
    As for the barbell benchpress......:o

Today:
    Franley (the proper one this time!:p)
    Burpees and Squats 21,15, 9
    Time: 5:20

I think that's an ok time... I'm happy enough with it.

Stretching - ALOT of stretching, ooowwwwwww:(
    I never stretch enough and my flexibility is awful so I'm going to make a big effort with it for the next whille and hopefully see some improvements.

Back on to my program tomorrow when I hit the gym, snow or no snow! :)

I just realised that my log is like emoticon central...I really need to ease up on the smileys (resist urge to insert smilie here!)

yes but the deadlift as currently put in the program will possibly fall once every 2 weeks so you can put it in every 7 days regardless of when it falls.

Keep up the good work

Today:

Lat Pulldown x 40kg x 10
    Step Ups x 7.5kg x 10

x5

DB Benchpress x 6 x 10kg first 3 sets, 12.5kg last two sets
    Swiss Ball Leg Curls x 9
    Side Bends x 12kgx 12

x5

Benchpress is crappy, should be at least 40% BW, and it's only 25kg max. I tried for 30kg but it just wasn't happening - meh!

Today:

Lat Pulldown x 40kg x 10
    Step Ups x 7.5kg x 10

x5

DB Benchpress x 6 x 10kg first 3 sets, 12.5kg last two sets
    Swiss Ball Leg Curls x 9
    Side Bends x 12kgx 12

x5

Benchpress is crappy, should be at least 40% BW, and it's only 25kg max. I tried for 30kg but it just wasn't happening - meh!
    the weight on the side bends was too light also - 14-18kg i thought you would handle.

Yes the bench needs much work but that will come in time

the weight on the side bends was too light also - 14-18kg i thought you would handle.

Yeah I wasn't sure so I went for that one, you're right though, wasn't very difficult - still feel like I'm doing them a tad awkwardly though! I'll up the weight next time.

Today I feel like a fatass, there's no logic or reasoning behind it - I just do! Probably because this workout kicked my ass ten times more than I kicked its.

100 Wallballs
    200 crunches
    Plank x 3mins

This was meant to be timed but my phone went dead so had no stopwatch:mad: I went flat out with it though, I had to do 10 press ups everytime I took a break - which resulted in a total of 40 press ups..

The plank didn't last 3 mins, more like 2 min plank - crash and burn followed by 1 min plank - collapse... but there wasn't a hope in hell that I was counting that as another break and doing another 10 press ups!

Also did a 15 min run at 11k which pure killed me after all that, and then a fair bit of stretching/foam rolling.

I went into the gym with a headache, and I left wanting to feck the barbell through the mirror. This is my fave workout out of the lot, but just wasn't in the form today I guess.

But tomorrows another day...:)

Today:

Deadlift
    50kg x 8
    60kg x 8
    70kg x 3
    70kg x 3
    50kg x 8

Wanted 8 reps on the 70kg but my grip kept going at 3, dropped the fecking bar at one stage.

Metcon

Kettleball Swings x 12kg
    Dips
    DB Hangcleans x 7.5kg
    Crunches

Time: 12:15 :(

Also did a fair bit of stretching/foam rolling.

Metcon

Kettleball Swings x 12kg
    Dips
    DB Hangcleans x 7.5kg
    Crunches

That's gross. I've been looking for longer metcons. I might steal it.

That's gross. I've been looking for longer metcons. I might steal it.

Aye, the crunches are meant to be reverse curls though, just checked there, I couldn't remember from last time.

• Advertisement

I went into the gym with a headache, and I left wanting to feck the barbell through the mirror. This is my fave workout out of the lot, but just wasn't in the form today I guess.

But tomorrows another day...:)

Today:

Deadlift
    50kg x 8
    60kg x 8
    70kg x 3
    70kg x 3
    50kg x 8

Wanted 8 reps on the 70kg but my grip kept going at 3, dropped the fecking bar at one stage.

Metcon

Kettleball Swings x 12kg
    Dips
    DB Hangcleans x 7.5kg
    Crunches

the last exercise is supposed to be reverse ab curls not crunches and i would scale it way up hanley if you were doing it and do knees to elbows instead of reverse ab curls.

Its good work so keep at it and every day is not going to be brilliant - one super day a week is about right

the last exercise is supposed to be reverse ab curls not crunches and i would scale it way up hanley if you were doing it and do knees to elbows instead of reverse ab curls.

Its good work so keep at it and every day is not going to be brilliant - one super day a week is about right

Yeah I told him that, I forgot to bring the workout sheet with me and couldn't remember the exact workout.

One super day a week eh? It better come soon then!! :)

Today:

Cardio and Stretching Session

20 mins treadmill, 7 mile p/h
    10 mins rowing level 10

Meh, that rower is fairly boring! Sticking to treadmill in future!

Oh aye and stretching and foam rolling - lots.

Thanks man. I was thinking something like;

21-18-15-12-9-6-3
    Dumbbell Swings w/ 25kg
    Press ups
    Hang Cleans w/ 45kg
    Sit ups

No gym all weekend, was out Fri and then had my sister staying with me so had entertaining to do! :)

My legs are like bruise-central from the deadlifting last week, I'd 6 on the last count..!

I'll post up tonights session later.

Today was a bit mismatch as I forgot my workout sheet and ended up getting two of my workout days completely mixed up! I ended up doing bits from two sets from two different workouts from my program ...oops...

Anyways, I'll make sure not to forget it again! (just in case you see this Transform!:o)

Lat Pull down x 40kg x 10
    Step Ups x 10kg x 10
    x5

One Arm Row x 15kg x 10
    Bicep Curls x 10kg x 10
    Russian Twists x 6kg x 10
    x5

5 mins on rower level 10

Loads of stretching/foam rolling.

Today was a bit mismatch as I forgot my workout sheet and ended up getting two of my workout days completely mixed up! I ended up doing bits from two sets from two different workouts from my program ...oops...

Anyways, I'll make sure not to forget it again! (just in case you see this Transform!:o)

Lat Pull down x 40kg x 10
    Step Ups x 10kg x 10
    x5

One Arm Row x 15kg x 10
    Bicep Curls x 10kg x 10
    Russian Twists x 6kg x 10
    x5

5 mins on rower level 10

Loads of stretching/foam rolling.
    well at least you are foam rolling and stretching more

well at least you are foam rolling and stretching more

Yup, I even do it without yelping in pain now!:p

Today:

As many rounds as poss in under 15 mins

10 press ups(instead of inverted rows -never have anywhere free to do them)
    20 Squats
    25 Reverse Curls
    30 Crunches

Rounds: 7

+ 15 mins intervals treadmill and then some stretching/foam rolling. Thighs were seriously sore on the foam roller this evening, weird as it's usually my calves giving me bother.

• Advertisement

Today:

As many rounds as poss in under 15 mins

10 press ups(instead of inverted rows -never have anywhere free to do them)
    20 Squats
    25 Reverse Curls
    30 Crunches

Rounds: 7

+ 15 mins intervals treadmill and then some stretching/foam rolling. Thighs were seriously sore on the foam roller this evening, weird as it's usually my calves giving me bother.
    if they were sore yesterday then today the thighs are going to be stiff from all those squats!

Advertisement