Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting back on track ....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Transform wrote: »
    if they were sore yesterday then today the thighs are going to be stiff from all those squats!

Weirdly, they're ok... not too sore at all, and I was going proper deep with those squats like. Jeeny that foam rolling did hurt last night though...

Here, can we put Barbell Squats into my next program?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

maybe and pull ups!

I set this up on an old email account that I can't access so I'm currently waiting to get a new password to log in under my username, meh:mad: In the meantime this will have to do!

Thurs:

Deadlift:
    50 x 10
    60 x 5
    70 x 5
    70 x 5
    80 x 1

Was well happy with the 80kg this time, felt like I could do more, maybe next time.

Intervals Treadmill for 20 mins

Stretching/ Foamrolling

Didn't get over the weekend so heres todays session:

Monday

Metcon

55kg deadlift x 5
    10 Burpees
    400 m run/ row

Time: 18:53

My time was lousy as the gym was packed, I had to use the rower twice instead of the treadmill as none were free and the track was in use too so I had to do my deadlifts up the top of the gym and run down to use the treadmill on each round, irritating!

Still got a good workout though, felt pretty wrecked by the end of it. Tried for a run after but my legs were jelly so it wasn't really happening.

Did some stretching and foam rolling also, am finding my calves don't hurt at all with the foam rolling now and they used to pure kill me a few months ago , so it must be working :)

Was chatting to Transform today and I'm going to incorporate barbell squats and negative pull ups into my next program, going to be next month before I get back out to him but it gives me something to work towards!

Gra86 wrote: »
    I set this up on an old email account that I can't access so I'm currently waiting to get a new password to log in under my username, meh:mad: In the meantime this will have to do!

Thurs:

Deadlift:
    50 x 10
    60 x 5
    70 x 5
    70 x 5
    80 x 1

Was well happy with the 80kg this time, felt like I could do more, maybe next time.

Intervals Treadmill for 20 mins

Stretching/ Foamrolling

Didn't get over the weekend so heres todays session:

Monday

Metcon

55kg deadlift x 5
    10 Burpees
    400 m run/ row

Time: 18:53

My time was lousy as the gym was packed, I had to use the rower twice instead of the treadmill as none were free and the track was in use too so I had to do my deadlifts up the top of the gym and run down to use the treadmill on each round, irritating!

Still got a good workout though, felt pretty wrecked by the end of it. Tried for a run after but my legs were jelly so it wasn't really happening.

Did some stretching and foam rolling also, am finding my calves don't hurt at all with the foam rolling now and they used to pure kill me a few months ago , so it must be working :)

Was chatting to Transform today and I'm going to incorporate barbell squats and negative pull ups into my next program, going to be next month before I get back out to him but it gives me something to work towards!
    start the negative only pull ups this week - jump chin over the bar, hold for a sec, then take 4 secs to lower. 5-6reps should do it. Twice a week at the start of any session

start the negative only pull ups this week - jump chin over the bar, hold for a sec, then take 4 secs to lower. 5-6reps should do it. Twice a week at the start of any session

Will do:D

• Advertisement

Todays session was cut short cause I hurt my neck:( Currently smothered in Nurofen Gel so hoping it does the trick.

Anyhows:

6 Negative Pull ups, held for 4 secs and 4 secs to lower.

Lat Pulldown x 40kg
    Step Ups x 10kg

x4

good woman yourself and i am sure a bit of stretching will help it loosen out tomorrow

good woman yourself and i am sure a bit of stretching will help it loosen out tomorrow

Thanks smile.gif

Yeah I hope it does, I'm in pain.com here.

Been out of action since Thurs with my neck but woke up this morn and it's practically good as new, so looking forward to my session tomorrow!:) It's weird how when you miss a few days work outs you know that logically it can't have had any real effect but at the same time you feel like it has!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

what time you training tomorow G ? ill be out there about 3:50 if all goes to plan :)

• Advertisement

what time you training tomorow G ? ill be out there about 3:50 if all goes to plan :)

Did ya join then so :) ? Be about 6, heading in after work.

everything came together for the joining for tomorow , had a few things goin on last week which prevented me :P

i may see you on the way out if your heading at 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

everything came together for the joining for tomorow.

There goes the neighborhood.. :P

screw you trev :P screw you....

screw you trev :P screw you....

Don't mind him Cardio, he's just bitter over that 180kg :D

Today was fecking CLASS!! The break definitely did me good!

Deadlift

50kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    70kg x 4
    80kg x 1
    85kg x 1 PB:D

Went for 90kg and lifted it ok but I couldn't straighten my back out fully, had two attempts at it but it just wasn't happening. Maybe if I go for one rep sets next time though I might manage it. I can sooo see that 100kg on the horizon.. bring it on! :D

Did 2 negative pulls ups after, wanted to do 6 but my arms weren't working!

Metcon 21,18,15,12,9,6,3

Kettlebell Swings x 16kg
    Tri Dips
    DB Hangcleans x 7.5kg first set and 10kg for the rest
    Reverse Curls

Time: 11.47

I was well happy with the time on this; I used to have to think about doing the shrug on the hangcleans but this time something just clicked and I just did it naturally without having gto tell myself to do it :)

Today:

Cardio

8k run: 44.33 mins

This was good going for me 'cause I've let my running slide the past few months and was sticking to short bouts of intervals at about 4k max. But I was getting dead fed up with the thought of just doing cardio today so decided to give myself a wee goal of 8k, and I got it, whoop:D

Also did stretching and some foam rolling, my calves feel like elastic bands at the moment!

First work out since Tues, been a busy week, but had a good session :)

Step Lunges x 10kg
    One Arm Rows x 17kg first set and 15kg last 4
    x5

Bicep Curls x 10kg first 3 sets and 7.5kg last set
    Russian Twists x 8kg
    x4

Franley
    Burpees
    Squats
    x 21,15,12

Franley Time: 7:48

My time was **** compared to last time (5:20), BUT it was after a work out this time so I'm not too concerned - I'm just glad I finished it!

Stretching/Foam Rolling.

Deadlift:

50kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    70kg x 3
    80kg x 1
    85kg x 1

For time:
    100 Wall Balls x 8kg
    200 Crunches

(plus 6 sets of 10 press ups)
    Time: 10:05

This took me fecking ages cause I kept stopping, everytime I paused I did 10 press ups, hence the 6 sets of them!

Followed by 3 min plank. Did it in 3 sets of 1 min though, 3 mins solid just wasn't happening!

Oh aye and those one arm rows from yesterday were 17.5kg not 17 :)

Just did a killer metcon that Trevor came up with earlier.

Deadlift x 60kg
    DB Hangcleans x 10kg
    Burpees

Time: 26:08

Had to slow down a bit towards the end, esp on the hangcleans, which didn't help my time. Think I might need to start wearing gloves too, much as I don't want to, my hands are pure feckered after today! I'll hold out for a while though and see how I go without.

I'm still buzzin from that workout, was best I've done in a good while!:D

• Advertisement

G86 wrote: »
    Just did a killer metcon that Trevor came up with earlier.

Deadlift x 60kg
    DB Hangcleans x 10kg
    Burpees

Time: 26:08

Had to slow down a bit towards the end, esp on the hangcleans, which didn't help my time. Think I might need to start wearing gloves too, much as I don't want to, my hands are pure feckered after today! I'll hold out for a while though and see how I go without.

I'm still buzzin from that workout, was best I've done in a good while!:D
    good session but a much shorter harder session are needed from time to time i.e. anything under 5mins.

Great session all the same and hope chest is touching floor on all reps on the burpees

5 minutes? Well I did do Franley the other day, but any metcons in my program this time around were 15min -ish, so I just stuck this one in to mix things up a bit until I get a new one with ya. Was getting a bit bored and wanted to push myself a bit more.

Yep the burpees were grand, just didn't drop as low on the hangcleans as I should have I'd say.

Didn't go to the gym today so went for a run, went up around Griffith Ave, think it's about 3.5 miles, felt longer though, running outside is a killer compared to the treadmill!

Didn't go to the gym today so went for a run, went up around Griffith Ave, think it's about 3.5 miles, felt longer though, running outside is a killer compared to the treadmill!
    well squatttttttts next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

well squatttttttts next week!

Lots of squats, pull-ups and overhead presses please :pac: + more pull-ups.. lots & lots of pull-ups. :D

Today:

As many rounds as poss in under 15 mins

10 press ups
    20 Squats
    25 Reverse Curls
    30 Crunches

Rounds: 7 in 14:28

Dominic - Aye squats all the way!!!:D

Coulahan - you sort out your handstand push up and I'll sort out my pull ups:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Stay outta Drumcompton.

Hanley wrote: »
    Stay outta Drumcompton.

Drumcondra? :pac:

Had a review with Transform today and learned some new lifts, was pretty cool :)

Stats:
    Dec: 73.8kg BF: 14.4%
    Feb: 73.7kg BF: 14.9%

Stats haven't really changed, bodyfat is gone up .5% but I was kind of expecting that, need to lower the carbs more. The thing is though I find I'm going to the gym now 'cause I really enjoy it and I want to learn more and get stronger, I mean I still want to lose weight but I really want to improve my lifting too. So I'm not overly concerned that my BF's gone up a wee bit - but I still want to get it down this month.

Today was just a mix of lifts, can't really remember how many reps:

Deadlift
    Inverted Rows
    Negative Chin ups
    Front Squat
    Back Squat
    Push Press
    Powerclean
    Bench Press
    And I think the other one I did was a called Snatch..? Transform might be able to verify?

I found the front squat easier than the back squat so sticking with it for the meantime til I get better at them.

It's going to take me a while to get the powerclean right too, which is annoying as I've no patience! See I was doing it with dumbbells up until now. See I like to think I'll magically be able to do things first time round...but it doesnt work that way:o

I really enjoyed the session though, was really cool to move on to something different, I was getting a tad bored with my old program!:)

• Advertisement

Negative Chin Ups x 3

Front Squat
    20kg x 8
    25kg x 8
    30kg x 8

I only did this for the first time yesterday and had no weight on the bar. Seemed to have the hang of it today so went up to 30, for some reason it actually felt steadier than the lighter weight, but that might be just cause I felt a bit more confident after a few reps.

Metcon 21,18,15,12,9,6,3

Kettlebell Swings x 16kg
    Tricep Dips
    DB Hangcleans x 10kg
    Reverse Curls

Time: 14: 40

My time was crap on this today, previous time was 11:47, but I was running about looking for a free bench for the dips so that took up a bit of time on me - well that's my excuse anyways!:o

Advertisement