Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting back on track ....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Transform wrote: »
    might have something to do with doing front squats 2 days running and if a session is not going well - DO NOT PUT IN A METCON!!!

Learn when to rest and when to just leave after some streching and foam rolling - digging deeper into reserves that are not there is not a good idea.

take it easy and remember at your level the hardest session to do are the light 'take it easy' or do not feckin train sessions.

Oh finally - when you hit a PB on something like a deadlift that is a big demand on your body so do not underestimate that and put in easy days as you have been hitting it hard for the past while and doing great

Is two days in a row really that bad? - I just want to get better at them! Plus I didn't want to go in and just do a -15min metcon the other day, and you did say I could practice lifts at the start of sessions... :p

I was just going to do the 20min run today after the push press but I wanted to get my ass in gear and thought a metcon would do the job - apparently not, I'll know for next time :)

And that PB was a week ago!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

practice is good yes but NOT the same movement for the same reps - fine to just use a real light weight one day and 10-15reps and the next heavy.

Remember if you want to do more then push harder in the shorter metcons like you have done with me and REST, foam roll and stretch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

what time you up for the gym tommorow? i can be up there as early as half 3 if thats ok

what time you up for the gym tommorow? i can be up there as early as half 3 if thats ok

Aye that's sound. Did nada this evening so shall have to make up for it tomorrow:)

grand so, ill see you up there then!

• Advertisement

Had a fecking EPIC session! Cardio helped me out with my Deadlift and Squats and I got 3 PBs!:D

Deadlift (normal grip, forgot to use mixed!)

50kg x 3
    40kg x 5
    40kg x 5
    60kg x 3
    80kg x 1
    90kg x 1
    100kg x 1 PB:D:D - I has a happy!!!!!

Front Squat

20kg x 5
    30kg x 5
    40kg x 5
    50kg x 2

Back Squat
    20kg x 3
    30kg x 3
    40kg x 3
    50kg x 3 PB (but only cause it's my first time doing them properly!)
    60kg x 1 FAIL -Didn't go anywhere near parellel so tried again..
    60kg x 1 FAIL - got to parellel and couldn't get back up again! Ended up with me on the floor with a fecking loud bang as the bar hit the rack....just as the music stopped:o

Bench Press
    30kg x 5
    35kg x 5
    35kg x 5
    35kg x 5

Push Press

20kg x 8
    30kg x 5
    30kg x 5
    35kg x 1 PB

jeez someone got on to the computer quick :D

jeez someone got on to the computer quick :D

Was killing time waiting on whatshisface ;)

And it's 100kg dammit!!!!:pac:

G86 wrote: »

serious lift and big congrats!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Killing time?? You were already late when you posted that. The cheek!!

• Advertisement

Killing time?? You were already late when you posted that. The cheek!!

I was ACTUALLY there at 5, but by the time I walked down it took ages to write out and then it was 5.30 so ha!!!! Anyhow I just figured you'd be late as usual....:pac:

Was in Donegal there over the weekend and I think my aunty was trying to fatten me up with the amount of food she was throwing at me! First gym session this week - was feeling pretty energetic too after the lazy long weekend:D

Front Squat
    20kgx5
    30kgx5
    40kgx5
    50kgx5
    55kgx5 PB

Negative Chins x5 - felt like I could have gone for a proper chin up today but knew it'd annoy me for the rest of the session if I didn't get it! It's on the cards though, I WILL get it!

One Arm Row
    15kg x 5

Bench Press

20kgx8
    30kgx8
    35kgx5
    35kgx5
    40kgx3

Bicep Curls x 10kg
    Lateral Raises x 5kg
    Reverse Curls x 20
    x5

Crossfit Nicole

400m run
    AMRAP Inverted Rows (20, 15, 10, 13, 10 - total 68)
    x5
    Time: Around 12 mins - didn't get the exact seconds as forgot my timer and had to go by the clock. My last time on this was 13:57 with 74 rows so there's a small improvement timewise but I should have whacked out more rows.

10 mins stretching/foam rolling

Front Squat
    20kgx5
    30kgx5
    40kgx5
    50kgx5
    55kgx5 PB

Bench Press[/B]
    20kgx8
    30kgx8
    35kgx5
    35kgx5
    40kgx3

Your bench is coming on savage. 55kg x 5 front squat? Savage!!! Impressive stuff.

Your bench is coming on savage. 55kg x 5 front squat? Savage!!! Impressive stuff.

I didn't realise that bench was a PB too til I looked back on my last session there now, happy days!:D

I didn't realise that bench was a PB

See, I'm good for something. :D

Did a kickass metcon with my housemate today, found it on a crossfit website earlier and threw in a 2k run as well for the craic:D

10 Burpees
    20 Reverse Curls
    30 Press Ups
    40 Squats
    50 Lunges
    x3

2k run

10 Burpees
    20 Reverse Curls
    30 Press Ups
    40 Squats
    50 Lunges
    x1

Time: 32:20

We were going to do 2 rounds of it after the run but totally crashed and burned after 1 ! Like that last round took about 10 mins!

I've just had a shower and my face is still red......I'm going to go drink die now:pac:

I remembered to use mixed grip on the deadlift today, and man was I glad I did:D

Deadlift
    60kgx3
    70kgx3
    80kgx3
    90kgx3
    100kgx1
    105kgx1
    110kgx1 PB

My forms alot better now too, I used to start off with my shins right over the bar but now I just push them towards the bar as I lift and there's far less pressure on my lower back.

Inverted Rows

x20x10x10x10

Step Ups

10kg x 10 x 4

Push Press
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    30kg x 5
    30kg x 5
    35kg x 2

Side Bends 20kg x 10
    Russian Twists 7kg x 10

10 min row

I remembered to use mixed grip on the deadlift today, and man was I glad I did:D

Deadlift
    60kgx3
    70kgx3
    80kgx3
    90kgx3
    100kgx1
    105kgx1
    110kgx1 PB

My forms alot better now too, I used to start off with my shins right over the bar but now I just push them towards the bar as I lift and there's far less pressure on my lower back.

Inverted Rows

x20x10x10x10

Step Ups

10kg x 10 x 4

Push Press
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    30kg x 5
    30kg x 5
    35kg x 2

Side Bends 20kg x 10
    Russian Twists 7kg x 10

10 min row
    massive lift and good to know that lower back is not doing all the work on the initial pull

Been really busy the past week and then on top of that I picked up some kind of tummy bug too so I'm feeling pretty crappy:(

Haven't been in the gym since Tues and been feeling like a bit of a beached whale, so decided this morning I'd just go for it and see how itwent...disaster.

Front Squat

20kgx8
    30kgx5
    40kgx5
    50kgx5
    55kgx3
    60kgx2 PB

One Arm Row
    15kg x 10 x 4
    - I really should be increasing the weight on this at this stage, but it just wasn't happening today.

Bench Press

20kgx8
    30kgx8
    35kgx5
    40kgx3
    45kg FAIL - Nearly fecking crushed myself, couldn't get the bar back up so literally had to roll it down my chest on to my tummy - thank god some guy saw me and lifted it off. Note to self: don't go for PB's on bench with no spotter.

Push Press
    20kgx8
    30kgx3
    30kgx2
    25kgx5
    25kgx5
    25kgx5
    - this was ridiculous, couldn't even get 5 reps on 30kg so decided there was no point trying to up the weight any further and went back down to 25.

Bicep Curls x 10kg
    Lat Raises x 5kg (even just 5kg kills me on these, why?!)
    x3

5 min row.

I am so FRUSTRATED!!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Deadlift

110kgx1 PB

Front Squat

60kgx2

Epic.

• Advertisement

d'Oracle wrote: »
    Epic.

:) Cheers, you know I think I'm the only person on here who prefers front squats to back squats!

Really want to get that deadlift up, been thinking about doing 5-3-1 just specifically for the deadlift alongside my regular program. I know need a bit more structure with it instead of going for max all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

:) Cheers, you know I think I'm the only person on here who prefers front squats to back squats!

I dunno, I like them a lot and the back squat is pissing me off ATM.

Also while doing front squats I can make believe I am an Oly lifter.

Still not well, just back from doc's, no work or gym for a week:mad: Hoping I'll get back to it towards the end of the week though.

Still not well, just back from doc's, no work or gym for a week:mad: Hoping I'll get back to it towards the end of the week though.

No you will not. No training for a week means no training for a week!

No you will not. No training for a week means no training for a week!

I think it's going to turn into 2 weeks at this rate:(

Finally back in the gym, starting to feel a bit better today so decided to go for it. Was a bit of a mismatch session, the idea being to ease myself back into things.

The only thing I was desperate to check was whether I could still get to 110 on my deadlift...and I know I shouldn't have..but I did, and now I'm pissed off:mad: It went like this:

Deadlift
    60kgx3
    70kgx3
    80kgx3
    90kgx3
    100kgx1
    110kg Fail - I knew before I even went for it that it just wasn't happening, but I just hated thinking being ill had set me back, meh.

Inverted Rows
    10x3

Push Press
    20kgx10
    30kgx2
    25kgx5
    25kgx5

Lunges
    15kgx10x4

900m row, 4:02
    - was aiming to go for 10 mins on the rower but I was just zonked so left it at that.

Was a crappy enough session, but at least I'm back at it:)

Squats sucked ass today, didn't get anywhere near my PB. Also a guy told me I wasn't sitting in to them enough either. Great.
    Have a session with Transform this week so going to get him to check them out for me.

Front Squat

20kgx5
    30kgx5
    35kgx5
    40kgx3
    45kgx2
    50kgx1

Bench

20kgx8
    30kgx8
    35kgx5
    35kgx5

One Arm Row
    15kgx10x4

Bicep Curlsx10kgx10
    Lat Raises x5kgx10
    Reverse Curls x 20
    x5

5mins row.

Had a session with Transform this evening, kudos for him for putting up with me for the whole session cause my humour wasn't the best!:o

Pissed off about my stats,but putting it down to being sick and not training.

6 weeks ago:

73.8kg
    14.9% body fat

Now:
    73.1kg
    15.5% body fat

So my weights gone down but my body fats gone up, meh. Plus had my body fat down to 14.4% 3 months ago so it's just gradually going up and up ,double meh.

Worked on technique, my deadlift technique needs alot of work ,I thought it was alot better than it is. Bottom line is, it isn't.

Also, practiced one arm snatches and front, back and OH Squat.

Only thing I'm happy about was I whacked out a few full length press ups at the end, after which I had to resort to coming up on my knees for the last sets.

Did the following:
    5 Hanging Leg Raises (only to parellel, can't get elbows to knees yet)
    5 Press ups
    x5 rounds

Ach I'm just frustrated that I'm not feeling 100% yet, and that my deadlift isn't half as ok as I thought it was, and that my bodyfat is 15.5% now and I'm a fecking BLIMP!!!!!

Had a session with Transform this evening, kudos for him for putting up with me for the whole session cause my humour wasn't the best!:o

Pissed off about my stats,but putting it down to being sick and not training.

6 weeks ago:

73.8kg
    14.9% body fat

Now:
    73.1kg
    15.5% body fat

So my weights gone down but my body fats gone up, meh. Plus had my body fat down to 14.4% 3 months ago so it's just gradually going up and up ,double meh.

Worked on technique, my deadlift technique needs alot of work ,I thought it was alot better than it is. Bottom line is, it isn't.

Also, practiced one arm snatches and front, back and OH Squat.

Only thing I'm happy about was I whacked out a few full length press ups at the end, after which I had to resort to coming up on my knees for the last sets.

Did the following:
    5 Hanging Leg Raises (only to parellel, can't get elbows to knees yet)
    8 Press ups
    x3 rounds (well I think it was 3 rounds, can't remember now)

Ach I'm just frustrated that I'm not feeling 100% yet, and that my deadlift isn't half as ok as I thought it was, and that my bodyfat is 15.5% now and I'm a fecking BLIMP!!!!!
    lots done and more to do - your stats are still great G so you will be back to best in no time and that was a 5x5x5rds on the KTE and press ups

• Advertisement

Transform wrote: »
    lots done and more to do - your stats are still great G so you will be back to best in no time and that was a 5x5x5rds on the KTE and press ups

Cheers, couldn't remember how many rounds, and thanks again for yesterday.

Advertisement