Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Left4Dead

• 10-12-2008 4:45pm

Here's a question -

Is Left4Dead worth buying if I don't have Xbox Live (really) and it would only be me playing it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

No. Wait till it's eally cheap, then it'd be an alright purchase.

Although I see your a mod on the Zombie Survival board so probably love zombies. In that case, yeah. I play it on and offline, but online is ten times better. It's still a great game though. But with only 4 maps and I don't think you can play as the zombies in 1 player, needs to be online.... I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,233 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

You can play split screen with a mate. its good fun. wouldn't be bothered with it in singal player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

anyone know where to get this cheap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Cheapest place is probably Ebay at the moment and you're still looking at around 45-50 euro including postage.

It's 60 in Game I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

the only thing putting me off was the pace it plays at do you get used to it and does it make it better ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

Left 4 Dead is all about the online play! Reckon it could get quite boring playing by yourself after a while. I'd advise you to wait for it to go down in price a bit, pick it up on the cheap and see what you think of it then - it's still a bit pricy at the mo. Alternatively you could rent it. On normal mode, you should be able to beat all four campaigns on 'normal' in around five/six hours. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I'm loving this game in online play. Haven't even entertained the idea of playing it on my own yet. When I turn it on it's either to hook up with friends for campaign or to get stuck into Versus mode. The odd time I've played through campaign and no one has spoken I've found it quite boring. No joy in the game that way. Can't see myself coming back to it again and again if it wasn't for the Online play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

For single player I'd buy it alright, but not for 60 quid like it is/has been in most shops recently. Its way more expensive than Mirrors Edge, Fallout, GOW2, etc..

I'd wait until it comes down in price like the rest of the new releases...having 20 quid off will compensate (a little bit) for not having multiplayer....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It was €52 in HMV when I got it, if that helps anyone. Their trade-in prices are pretty good at the moment too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Wheres the cheapest price for this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Tis region free, so I'd say VG+ or play-asia

I played a few games offline when I first got it just to get to grips with it, and had an absolute blast, but the game really comes into its own in online play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I found it for 40 quid (second hand) in Xtravision last week.

I finally bought this! Looking forward to playing the multiplayer over Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

haha ray has been going on about how bad it is for ages and hes getting it for christmas as well. I shall have to get a few games in with the two of ye.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Add me away anyway, the gamertag is Ey3LeS5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Is it possible to get it for 40 new?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

dazftw wrote: »
    haha ray has been going on about how bad it is for ages and hes getting it for christmas as well. I shall have to get a few games in with the two of ye.

Hey Daz,

Id be up for some games on it too. Havent played online yet.

Anyone up for a game of this tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

Moiph wrote: »
    Anyone up for a game of this tonight?

Should be on this at some stage tonight. See my gamertag in sig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I'll be up for a game tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

went to finally get it today,after having a break of a few months from halo online decided maybe time to get back into online play with american assholes.But bloody sold out everywhere argghhhh.Looking forward to it, from what's been said on boards sounds like a good game.

Meatwad wrote: »
    went to finally get it today,after having a break of a few months from halo online decided maybe time to get back into online play with american assholes.But bloody sold out everywhere argghhhh.Looking forward to it, from what's been said on boards sounds like a good game.

Bummer.
    I got mine in HMV yesterday for 52.99. GameStop had it for 49.99 before Christmas, but sold out since. Game have it for 59.99 :mad:
    I'll be up for a game when you do get it.

GT Below

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Cow Moolester

40 euro new in Xtra Vision..was just in there today :)

40 euro new in Xtra Vision..was just in there today :)

Arse. I was in 2 of my local Xtravisions yesterday, both were out of stock and they said the price was 59.99 when it came back in :(

moz wrote: »
    Arse. I was in 2 of my local Xtravisions yesterday, both were out of stock and they said the price was 59.99 when it came back in :(

They were out of stock but I was in the Malahide one just 2 hours ago :) Was convincing my mate to get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

40 new in Xtra-vision? I presume it's all chains of it then?

Don't see why not

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 _mark_08_

I have Left 4 dead. Nd i have to say it is 1 of the best games of the year:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Stupid question but is the full game much different to the demo?

I wasn't mad on the demo. It seemed a little repititive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Very little difference. Its repetitive in the same way TF2, Counter Strike or CoD4 multiplayer is repetitive, the players you play with make the experience unique.

Advertisement