Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is Galway mail centre?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

aNYBODY KNOW IT'S OOPENING HOURS TODAY?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Hours not on your collection docket?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

sealgaire wrote: »
    aNYBODY KNOW IT'S OOPENING HOURS TODAY?

Quotes from the docket :-

* A. Collect the item between 9am and 5:30 at the mail centre in the City North Business Park, with personal identification.

I agree with the previous posts that this place is really difficult to get to, particularly if you are on foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Sure we are nearly all on our feet, it's just that some of us have cars to put our feet into :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

anyone know if they are open saturdays? they didnt even bother ringing doorbell just left the notice and drove away :rolleyes: despite someone being in house

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Sadly the Galway mail centre doesn't 'do' Saturdays; in fact, Thenonly thing that the Galway mails centre does exceedingly well is making things as difficult and awkward as possible for the general public. Great service:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The Facebook group that Seanie started for this thread seems to have taken off, well done :P

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=279650322610

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

It's not too far out. You guys need to get more active and walk a bit.

If you get the Parkmore bus as far as the Industrial Estate, it's not more than a 10 minute walk to the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

KylieWyley wrote: »

If you get the Parkmore bus as far as the Industrial Estate, it's not more than a 10 minute walk to the place.

Thank you for the encouragement to exercise:rolleyes:
    In the p*ssings of rain, it's not the most fun, I'd rather be swimming or running in the gym

The mail centre arrangement in Galway is sh*t because, among other reasons...
    The road is very busy and not the safest place to walk
    If you're old or infirm, it is a LOUSY option, no bus passes the entrance
    If you're lucky enough to work, and have a 9-5, forget being able to go out there, unless you have a car and zip over.
    They now have decided NOT to redeliver to the same address twice. So if you miss it you miss it.

Why they can't deliver to your local po (some have hours on Sat) if you ring them, I dunno. Worst Postal arrangement around, unless you know your postie personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,886 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

KylieWyley wrote: »

Just make sure you say plenty of prayers before heading down the Tuam Rd bit (the one with no footpath).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

.....but what if I don't have a car or any friends with a car or any friends at all.I don't know my neighbours.......
    You can't expect me to use public transport to Parkmore and then walk for all of 10 minutes.Then I have to bring ID with me. " Do you not know who I am?".......

Give me a break, the things people complain about. There are people on trolleys in hospital corridors for f*** sake!
    Stop buying so much stuff online and support the local shops.Get out and about you might meet your neighbours you may even make some friends.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

It really is a bit of a joke. If you miss the post and don't have access to a car and/or time off work, you're basically not going to get it again, seeing as they give you something like 3 days to pick it up.

You'd think they could just keep them at your local post office, or at least one of the post offices in the City.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,318 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Nearly got killed on the roundabout last time I was coming back from there.
    Only good thing about the ordeal is The Trappers.

Ya know that slip they put in your door when they miss you? It has 2 options, you can go out and get it or you can put ur neighbour's address on it and send it off and they'll send your parcel back out to that address. There's no option to have to sent back to you... bit weird. I assume you can just put your own address down as your "neighbours" and have it resent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Traffic is crazy in Galway.
    Yet having to trek out the Tuam Road would encourage more people to buy a car.
    They picked a location with no buses or footpaths

Often had to walk from Ballybane out there and then back again. And walking on the side of the Tuam Road might be safe enough but not when it gets dark early in the Winter

Would it have killed them to pick a location which is served by public transport?

Gaffs89 wrote: »
    !
    Stop buying so much stuff online and support the local shops.Get out and about you might meet your neighbours you may even make some friends.

I rarely buy stuff online, but I have friends and family overseas that send me packages. I know lots of my neighbours and 99% of them work 9-5 jobs.

Of course there are tons of things that need fixing, but like everything else in this country, we have a perfect right to be dissatisfied when it is sh*t for no logical reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

.....but what if I don't have a car or any friends with a car or any friends at all.I don't know my neighbours.......
    You can't expect me to use public transport to Parkmore and then walk for all of 10 minutes.Then I have to bring ID with me. " Do you not know who I am?".......

Give me a break, the things people complain about. There are people on trolleys in hospital corridors for f*** sake!
    Why wouldn't people complain about a s**T service? And why should people stop buying online? Perhaps online is cheaper, I suppose that's a bad thing is it? I don't think online shopping is the main reason for the demise of local businesses in the city tbh.

Haha there's always one person in a debate who wades in with their ridiculously skewed sense of perspective and announced that there's no point complaining about anything because PEOPLE ARE STARVING IN AFRICAN MAN

Ya know that slip they put in your door when they miss you? It has 2 options, you can go out and get it or you can put ur neighbour's address on it and send it off and they'll send your parcel back out to that address. There's no option to have to sent back to you... bit weird. I assume you can just put your own address down as your "neighbours" and have it resent?

They used to redeliver if you rang them, but they must have thought that was too easy. Tried to get them to redeliver next day to 'upstairs apartment' same house, but no, refused to do it to same 'door number'. No fooling them! I'd feel more outraged if I actually did have an upstairs neighbour :)

Why doesnt everybody in this city cycle? I honestly dont understand it, its free, you'll live longer and vast unthinkable danger filled treks like the 30 minute walk out the Tuam Road turn into short hops.

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    Why doesnt everybody in this city cycle? I honestly dont understand it, its free, you'll live longer and vast unthinkable danger filled treks like the 30 minute walk out the Tuam Road turn into short hops.
    Lack of cycling facilities and three million roundabouts

• Registered Users Posts: 10,318 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

If I was on a bike the time the idiot almost hit me when I was crossing the roundabout I can guarantee you I wouldnt have lived longer.

A bike and the road are the only cycling facilities you need. There hasnt been a cyclist killed in Galway since 2003, the river is more dangerous, you might as well worry about getting struck by lightning.

Thargor wrote: »
    A bike and the road are the only cycling facilities you need. There hasnt been a cyclist killed in Galway since 2003, the river is more dangerous, you might as well worry about getting struck by lightning.

I must be powder! ;)
    I've been hit twice on The Shantalla Rd. Daytime twice. Nothing major but that was just luck as to where I was when I was clipped. A third time was run on to the path and I nearly came a cropper. That was evening and I had two lights, reflectors and a reflective belt.

Surprised there are not more fatalities tbh. A lot of nutter drivers on the roads, as well as nutter cyclists with no lights too!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,338 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

It really is a bit of a joke. If you miss the post and don't have access to a car and/or time off work, you're basically not going to get it again, seeing as they give you something like 3 days to pick it up.

You'd think they could just keep them at your local post office, or at least one of the post offices in the City.

Would it be that much bother to keep packages for at least one day in the city centre post office before they are moved out the Tuam Road? Surely this would not be too difficult to implement and would save a load of hassle for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

Haha there's always one person in a debate who wades in with their ridiculously skewed sense of perspective and announced that there's no point complaining about anything because PEOPLE ARE STARVING IN AFRICAN MAN

I'm sorry, I take it all back, the postman should have waited at the house untill the person came home because that was proabably the only parcel he had to deliver that day.I don't think so!

as for my "ridiculously skewed sense of perspective" one poster has started a campagin to change the way An post deals with this type of event.So who has the ridiculously skewed sense of perspective.

and as for " PEOPLE ARE STARVING IN AFRICAN MAN" WTF! Where did you get that from?

All I'm saying if you're going to bitch and stamp your foot do it about something worthwhile, like the conditions in UCHG a & e and the G stands for Galway .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ballybangirl

i had a failed delivery notice on my door, just want to know were the galway mail centre is

thanks

its out on the tuam road but with out a car you have a long walk its un fair since they put it out here but some times if u ring them they might arrange to deliver to your home

its out on the tuam road but with out a car you have a long walk its un fair since they put it out here but some times if u ring them they might arrange to deliver to your home

Nope. Unfortunately, they don't redeliver anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 16 murchadh

I'm sorry, I take it all back, the postman should have waited at the house untill the person came home because that was proabably the only parcel he had to deliver that day.I don't think so!

as for my "ridiculously skewed sense of perspective" one poster has started a campagin to change the way An post deals with this type of event.So who has the ridiculously skewed sense of perspective.

and as for " PEOPLE ARE STARVING IN AFRICAN MAN" WTF! Where did you get that from?

All I'm saying if you're going to bitch and stamp your foot do it about something worthwhile, like the conditions in UCHG a & e and the G stands for Galway .

Who says what's worthwhile? You? Surely the conditions in UCHG take a back seat to those in the country in general, and those to more pressing issues with the euro, and these to more globally pressing matters. Sure why complain at all. Lets just put up with rubbish services, politicians, financial services and public health and transport.

People have a right, and I would say a duty, to say when a service they pay for is terrible. Personally, I ensure when ordering stuff online (which I hope is still socially acceptable) that An Post plays no part in the delivery process.

A city mail centre in the middle of no where - yeah, you keep defending that, bub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

Have to go there tomorrow to collect a missed package. Basically live next to tesco in Terryland so from there, how long are we talking in walking distance. Do I have to bribe a friend to drop me or wha!!!??? :)

Advertisement