Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting to medtronic in parkmore

Options
  • 10-12-2008 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

im starting job at medtronic and was told a bus went there. rang bus eireann and said bus at 7:20 but thats too late. does anyone know of a specific bus. will have to taxi from town first and thats a balls to waste money. any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

7am is the earliest bus from eyre sq

iirc is a number 9 parkmore bus, going ever 15 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

It's the Number 9 bus from Eyre Square...don't mix it up with the 9A bus as that will take you off to the clinic.

It's supposed to run every 15 min but is rarely on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

It's the Number 9 bus from Eyre Square...don't mix it up with the 9A bus as that will take you off to the clinic.

It's supposed to run every 15 min but is rarely on time.

Yep

But the 7:00am bus is the 9A. Its ok though, it just goes up to the clinic and then onto parkmore, so you are losing 3 mins while it detours to the clinic. I used to get this bus

Yeah, they say every 15 mins but you could find yourself waiting up to 45 minutes especially with the amount of roadworks on the route. But the 7 and 7:15 are consistently on time (Usually).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I think it's not the number 9 at all.

Page 15 of the printed timetable lists a service to/from the Parkmore Industrial Estate. One leaves from Seacrest via Threadneedle Rd at 7am. Separate buses from the railway station (I think from down the back by the inspector's office) at 7, 7:20, 2:55pm(Friday) and 3:55pm(Mon-Thurs).

There's a note saying that the city flat rate does not apply ... but nothing to say what the fare is!

I've not actually caught these, but have seen the buses around. I know that sometimes the have a sign on them saying "Medatronic", and that the bus-drivers refer to them as "factory runs".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Can I ask what department the job is in?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

There's a special one (3 actually) that go from the square to Medtronic every morning depending on your start time. If you ring Medtronic reception at 091 708000 they'll tell you the times.

It's is a bit dearer than the regular bus but it you get the monthly ticket it will work on that bus as well as any town bus, I found this a great saving when I was using the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

JustMary wrote: »

It is number 9 , I get it most mornings as I work in Parkmore.

JustMary wrote: »

It is number 9 , I get it most mornings as I work in Parkmore.

No she's right, there's a special Medtronic bus early in the morning. It brings you right outside the door(s), it has no number. The 9 stops down across from the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

Medtronic Bus Schedule
    Bus timetable from January 25th 2008
    DAY SHIFT
    Monday - Friday
    6.45 1 bus departs Bus Eireann depot – arrives @ Medtronic approx 7:15
    7.00 1 bus departs Bus Eireann depot - arrives @ Medtronic approx 7:20
    7:00 1 bus departs Seacrest, via Blackrock, Nile Lodge, University Road, Eyre Square, Moneenageisha & Monivea Road - arrives @ Medtronic approx 7:40
    7:20 1 bus departs Bus Eireann depot arrives - @ Medtronic approx 7:40

I wonder how his first day went...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

wouldn't think they'd be starting today , inductions monday training from the tuesday -

Nah they started a heap of people today. They're doing Monday and Thursday at the moment.

Gee I wonder where I'm getting all the inside goss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Just to add to this, despite what the timetable says, the #9 bus actually starts unofficially at 6:35ish each morning (not too sure about Sundays), I used to get it into work in Parkmore East for 7am all the time.

Picks up at the usual stop in Eyre Square, and goes via Boston Scientific

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭cL0h

tman wrote: »
    Picks up at the usual stop in Eyre Square, and goes via Boston Scientific

The "usual stop" is the one across from O'Connells pub.

Advertisement