Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After School

Options
  • 10-12-2008 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi not sure if this is the right place
    feel free to move it if it isn't

Im currently in 6th year and going to take a year off once im done
    I'm thinking of working for the year to raise the funds ect.
    does anyone have any suggestions where to work?
    as there is a lack of jobs here espacially for the unqualified people
    even other countries or any programmes ect.?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

You may want to have a look at the Work and Jobs Forum too.

A lot of it comes down to what sort of experience you have. I'm not sure about the lack of jobs (I have failed at even looking for a job so far), but the only way to find out is to apply places. As far as "where you should go"... I'd tentatively say, "Wherever will take you". If you have no previous work experience anywhere is good, stacking shelves in Dunnes, Lidl, whatever you can get.

And... wait a minute, are you looking for a job for during 6th year, or when you're taking a year out? If it's during 6th year my advice is: Concentrate on your studies. But if you must work, don't work too many hours, don't work too late, in general, don't tire yourself out. IMO getting a good LC is more important than having extra funds.

Advertisement