Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting permission to film in Stephen's Green

Options
  • 10-12-2008 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

Hey All
    I'm a 1st Year Media Student in DIT and we're making a short film as part of our end of semester grade. The director wishes to shoot a scene in Stephen's Green, quite a short one but he's insistant on it.

How could I go about getting permission to do this?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnJericho

I have filmed in the Green twice and the first time we just started filming and nothing was said to us, although the second time we needed permission off the park ranger from Dublin City Council (not sure of exact title)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭ODS

Stephen's Green is run by the Office of Public Works (not Dublin City Council as many may think)

Their no. is 1890 213414, Public Relations Unit at (+353) 1 647 6000, or Email: info@opw.ie.

Alternatively their HQ overlooks the Green in a Georgian House!

Best of luck with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Ah...

much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

The OPW usually requires indemnity insurance, as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Got it all sorted

Thanks again guys

• Advertisement
Advertisement