Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Stupidity

Options
  • 10-12-2008 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭

Some things were hear are dumb. A lot of things we see are even dumber. At least in this thread we can take comfort in knowing our experiences aren't singular. I mean, I just heard this little gem from a self-professed 'mechanic' who does all his own maintenance:

"I noticed the cold weather was making my cars brakes squeal, so I oiled them up this morning"

I thought/hoped he was talking about the brake fluid... but not... apparently he'd rubbed engine oil on the pads and disks. The stupidity required to engender a belief that oil on brake pads is a beneficial thing is beyond me. The only conclusion I can come to is that he must've been thinking about copper grease on the back of the brake pads.

And that's not the worst... just the freshest in my mind.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

he was joking

please god tell me he was joking

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Hope he's not driving behind me later or anywhere for that matter ever again

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Name and shame him. Its the only way people can avoid such stupidity.

I gave my car before to those idiots in Advance Pitstop and had a service. To be fair the definately changed the oil because later that day I had a small puddle of oil beneath my car. I rang and was told "oh thats because when we changed your oil we didnt take of the underside of the car so the oil is just dripping all over the soundproofing/cover and it will eventually just drip out".

Thank you very much. I then had to borrow a powerwasher to clean my drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Friend of the father's filled his car up with oil up to the top of the dipstick....The very top..... :rolleyes:

Friend of the father's filled his car up with oil up to the top of the dipstick....The very top..... :rolleyes:

Expensive?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

http://www.mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-general-discussion/368307-im-done-with-this-car.html

Was just reading that last night......

@Berty your sig is animated, one of the sig nazis will probably rat you out

Berty wrote: »
    Expensive?

He did it in work, didn't drive it. Sump nut off there and then me thinks. Must ask him.

Onkle wrote: »

Thats all I need, another ban. I did a search and found this hidden away in some back recess of the site

"Please make sure that your signature DOES NOT contain profanity, bigotry, racism, or any other content that might be considered offensive by others."

Cheers big ears.

Wait what's this with the sig?

@onkle, mixed emotions after reading that lol!!

Wait what's this with the sig?

@onkle, mixed emotions after reading that lol!!

Staying off topic. Whats wrong Limerick-man, did you not get a warning before. You were probably just ordered to change it. :D

I was already banned from this site by somebody similar in name to Onkle and Im currently banned from AH. I welcome warnings. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

I've been warned for swearing... repeatedly across half the board. But anyway.

And unfortunately, it was not a joke. It really wasn't. But that idiot running his engine with water in the crankcase, that takes the bloody biscuit. I mean, that's horrific. How do people like this get drivers licenses.

So anyway, I told him how he needed to change his brakepads and disks, and maybe leave the car into a mechanic next time, and get called an idiot who knows nothing about cars.

I'm no expert mind, but I know enough not to wreck everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

I knew a bloke who bought a new Skoda Octavia Diesel when they came out first. His Missus went to fill up the washer bottle but instead stuck the garden hose pipe into the oil filler inlet at the top of the engine.

I think you know what happend next.............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

Onkle wrote: »
    http://www.mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-general-discussion/368307-im-done-with-this-car.html

Was just reading that last night......

LOL!!!! that is brilliant what a story:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Das

There are some dare I say extremely automotive challenged people in this world.

Advertisement