Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options
  • 10-12-2008 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭

READ THIS POST BEFORE CONTRIBUTING TO THIS THREAD: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75915000&postcount=6271

Hello all,

I was being my grandmothers good samaratin today. I took her shopping to the crescent shopping centre in Limerick. Ha, that my good deed done for this year GOD :D

Anyway, she is in a wheelchair so had her disc handy so we parked in the disabled spaces at the new entrance when I saw this "numpty" park her car. See the picture before I comment more.

PICT0656.jpg

The polo is parked on the wheelchair ramp, the only wheelchair ramp to get from the set parking to the door. I asked her what she was thinking parking there without any consideration for others.

She said that her husband and herself were old and should not have to walk from the car park over.(not disabled) If anybody knows this car park it is at most an extra 100mtrs from the door and considering the end of the disabled spaces it was probably the same distance anyway. :confused:

I asked her could she move. She looked at me oddly and asked why. I said that I had to get my grandmother in her wheelchair to the front door and this was the only access short of walking on the road and onto the speed bump to access the front door. She said she would gladly help me lift the wheelchair up the kerb.

You can see from the picture she is actually in the car moving it. I told her even if she had a disabled sticker she could not park here anyway because they were all full and that there is never any excuse for parking on a footpath and blocked the only wheelchair ramp.

She said "I will write to my councillor for a disabled sticker". I asked her how without a disability she thought she would manage that. "Well, were old we deserve more rights".

AAAHHHHHH I felt like grabbing her free medical card and slashing her throat with it.

*****Ah, lets off some steam***** :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Women drive.........

I won't go there:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 pr-guru

Berty wrote: »

AAAHHHHHH I felt like grabbing her free medical card and slashing her throat with it.

:rolleyes:
    Before you do that, you should obscure the licence plate in that pic, like a good lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Isn't that the crescent. Parking there can be a nightmare at times but that ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

pr-guru wrote: »
    :rolleyes:
    Before you do that, you should obscure the licence plate in that pic, like a good lad.

Maybe you should read the Motors Charter

* No car registrations to be mentioned without photographic proof

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055037358

Isn't that the crescent. Parking there can be a nightmare at times but that ridiculous.

It was pretty bad. I was there yesterday and always park in the underground on the right hand side because people always go left at the bottom for some reason. The right hand section under the newsection is always very quiet. Yesterday it was jammed. Got a good space though between two walls so nobody could park near me. It HATE door prangs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Did you tell her you'd report her to security if she didn't move her car off the FOOTpath?

I'm sure they would have been delighted to clamp her or have her towed.:D

Miserable oul cow....betya the husband was one of those never gets a word in edgeways poor fu<kers.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Well, i have another one, even worse than that. If anyone knows it, it's the windy arbour luas stop. Apologies for the crappy drawing, but the "crossing" is the crossing over the tracks, and as you see the red car is completely blocking everybody, dont know how you'd get by if you were in a wheel chair! Parking like that makes me want to do terrible things to said cars.

68299.jpg

ninty9er wrote: »

I'm sure they would have been delighted to clamp her or have her towed.:D

The crescent do not clamp nor do they tow to my knowledge, just put annoying stickers on cars.

Have you seen security in the crescent. Guys dreaming of Swat :D pulling wheelie bins around.

All they would do is put out a PA looking for the driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Keep a few of these in your car and hand her one the next time.

http://www.youparklikeanasshole.com/notices/notice_1.pdf

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Here's one I took a while back, gave me a laugh actually. Parked across not one, but two of the disabled parking bays.

Ferrari_thumb.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Abviously this old woman was Ablivious to the rules concerning disObility stickers! :pac:

/Stops being the big man pointing out a simple typo :D

That's a proper, decent rant! I can't stand the ignorance of people using disabled spaces when they don't need to and that includes the bastids who have a family member that is disabled but use that persons disabled badge so they can park in disabled spots...even when that family member isn't travelling with them in the car!!!

A mate of mine does this and when he was once questioned about it as he returned to his car, he told the parking warden (who knew him by sight) 'Oh er,yeah, my old man is with me but I have to bring the car to him now because his leg has seized up again and he can't get back to the car. That's why he's not here, I'd never use this badge improperly...' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Here's one I took a while back, gave me a laugh actually. Parked across not one, but two of the disabled parking bays.

Ferrari_thumb.jpg

Not to worry, i'm sure some agent of karma pulled up alongside him just to give him a whack of a door.

Disabled spaces and parent and child spaces are only guidlines. They cannot enforce the parking rules unless they claim to be able to clamp you.

I was in the Childers road the other night(against my better judgement) and waited outside. I had to straddle two spaces because the bitc*h in the SUV came over the lines. There were no other spaces in view.

In front of me were two cars both diagonally across the parent and child spaces. One family came out and loaded up and left for a woman to arrive in a corsa. We know these spaces are massive for a start. Where did she park with her L plate? In the chevroned area that is suposed to be used for getting your children out without slamming your doors off the adjacent cars. Thats right, she parked in the chevon area. She got out looked at me and then looked at her car and its position and actually shrugged her shoulders. I tried to take a picture but the flash did not bring up the image very well and Id be damned if I was getting out in the rain.

*Blood boils*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

ok that is some seriously special parking. She deserves a car door scrape! I assume you got it sorted in the end op. And i thought id seen bad parking!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Disabled spaces and parent and child spaces are only guidlines.

I had to straddle two spaces

She got out looked at me and then looked at her car and its position and actually shrugged her shoulders.

*Blood boils*

Maybe if you were parked properly she could have parked beside you?
    You just told us that these spaces are only guidelines and that there were no other free spaces in the car park. Why do you think what she did was any worse than what you did? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

haha I drive a motorbike so I am not as unfortunate as all you poor people having to deal with the retards that park like muppetry was going out of fashion - but I see ignorant douches parking so ignorantly and badly I feel like starting a "crime squad" and towing all their stupid cars and dumping them in the bay. A childish fantasy but god how I would love to carry it out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

GreeBo wrote: »
    Maybe if you were parked properly she could have parked beside you?
    You just told us that these spaces are only guidelines and that there were no other free spaces in the car park. Why do you think what she did was any worse than what you did? :confused:

What's with the selective quoting of Berty's post? What he actually said was:
    I had to straddle two spaces because the bitc*h in the SUV came over the lines. There were no other spaces in view.
    *Blood boils*

If you'd actually read what he actually said you'd see there were no other spaces available and it was the woman beside him who was parked badly in the first place. I'm assuming by him being in the car he would happily have parked better if the opportunity arose.

Maybe read the whole post next time, or don't twist it to say what you want?

Lots of hissing context quoting here.

I would have parked correctly should I have been given the opportunity. Given that the parent and child spaces are only a guideline by all rights I could have parked there but i cant bring myself to bend the rules that much.

I wasnt just planted with the white line down the centre of my car either.

I was actually parked within the normal distance of the other SUV on my other side leaving a mini gap between my car and the badly parked SUV. It meant the space was unobtainable unless you were driving a moped.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Lots of hissing context quoting here.
    indeed :D:D

How's this ?

I would have parked correctly ..but i cant bring myself to .. driv... a moped.

I think I've summed up all quite nicely, there.... :D:D:D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Pleeeease mods, pleeeease fix the title. Its killing my brains.

• Advertisement

Jumpy wrote: »
    Pleeeease mods, pleeeease fix the title. Its killing my brains.

ups, I is sory abot dat :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Switcharoo

While we're here: here's 3 bad parkers outside where I work:

01 - BMW with it's arse sticking miles out
    02 - Focus takes up 2 spots - nice....
    03 - Espaz parks on double yellow lines, blocking someone's garage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

I was actually parked within the normal distance of the other SUV on my other side leaving a mini gap between my car and the badly parked SUV. It meant the space was unobtainable unless you were driving a moped.
    When I don't have a passenger, in this situation I like to park in the middle of the space as normal, with my passenger side as close to the offending car as needs be. If that means making their driver door very awkward, all the better.

The joys of driving a cheap car :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Switcharoo wrote: »
    While we're here: here's 3 bad parkers outside where I work:

01 - BMW with it's arse sticking miles out
    02 - Focus takes up 2 spots - nice....
    03 - Espaz parks on double yellow lines, blocking someone's garage!

You'd wan't to be driving a tank or be a very poor driver not to be able to park a Yaris or Corsa in front of that Focus, and you'd get a family saloon in behind it. Maybe they were there when the driver parked the Focus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Abnoxious An annoying flaunting of one's abdominal muscles. :D

Here is another.

For those of you who know Limerick City. This is upper Roches Street. This BMW is facing up to oneway system towards me and as I sit here typing this I just heard that a "small blue car" is heading in the N20 on the wrong side of the dual carraigeway. LOL :D

PICT0668.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

That's funny but...dude, are you taking photographs while driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,991 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

r3nu4l wrote: »
    That's funny but...dude, are you taking photographs while driving?

It's pretty obvious the car is stationary in traffic.

Handbrake was engaged because that Micra was considering reversing into the space but then changed it mind and decided the multistory right next to it would do just as well.

Usually I would just give the GF the camera.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i havent got a photo, sorry but on Friday night, i called into the Topaz garage on the N2, just across from Glasnevin Cemetary.

It was raining cats and dogs. I go pay for my petrol.

Came out of the shop to carnage.

Some muppet decided it was raining too much to parking in the shop only spaces and pulled up outside the shop door and just dumped the car.

She was blocking in 3 drivers and no-one on the other side could get past her.

Cue people trying to reverse out away from the pumps, horns blowing and que in the shop was massive - 6pm on a friday night!!

anyhoo, i was one of the lucky ones, i wasnt blocked in but would have loved to have been there whenever your wan came out

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement