Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

Makes me wish our authorities were more like the french ones.

A friend of mine told me a story of a truck driver who couldn't get around a corner due to a merc being parked illegally.
    A gendarme came along and told the truck driver to drive around the corner.
    when the guy said he would damage the car the response was 'Oui'

So the truck driver virtually flattened the car to get past, the gendarme placed a parking ticket on the remains and then gave the truck driver his details so that he could claim against the guy's insurance for any damage to his truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

In fairness to the french, when they're not busy surendering & chomping on onions ;) they don't take no shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Tonka

jimoc wrote: »
    Makes me wish our authorities were more like the french ones.

A friend of mine told me a story of a truck driver who couldn't get around a corner due to a merc being parked illegally.
    A gendarme came along and told the truck driver to drive around the corner.
    when the guy said he would damage the car the response was 'Oui'

So the truck driver virtually flattened the car to get past, the gendarme placed a parking ticket on the remains and then gave the truck driver his details so that he could claim against the guy's insurance for any damage to his truck.

I do like that story.

These 2 planks - side by side, I shit you not!
    Ignorant cretin 1:
    securedownload1.jpg

Ignorant cretin 2:
    securedownload.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Zulu wrote: »

Ignorant cretin 2:
    securedownload.jpg

Ah now, in fairness, that 10 Lupo(?) is a massive VAG, and needs all the swing room it can get. :pac:

Forgot about this thread, I have a doozey at home, must fire it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

if you want the room. park up on the roof where no one else parks then you have as much space as you want. but thats ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Couldn't get a pic because I was trying to drive but just outside heuston station on st johns road (going into town) some tool parked just after the lights and before the luas lines blocking one lane of traffic. He seemed to be picking someone up or dropping them off.

I'll also have a photo from liffey valley as soon as I up load my camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Zulu wrote: »
    These 2 planks - side by side, I shit you not!
    Ignorant cretin 1:
    securedownload1.jpg

Ignorant cretin 2:
    securedownload.jpg

In situations like that, park right behind their car and take your merry time wherever it is you go off to. When you get back tell them the space beside them was the only one available.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭rameire

this may cheer people up

woman reverse parking

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

keano_afc wrote: »
    In situations like that, park right behind their car and take your merry time wherever it is you go off to. When you get back tell them the space beside them was the only one available.
    I would only then I'd be blocking the way & I'd be the one getting clamped. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I don't see the picture?
    "404 Not Found"

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

biko wrote: »
    I don't see the picture?
    "404 Not Found"

His picture was this:
    http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/8410/55233334.jpg

disabled i think not, or maybe he'd like to be :D
    oh he's disabled alright - mentally disabled. Moron. ...actually strike that; thats insulting to mentally disabled people. He's clearly just an asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭eddieham

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/8410/55233334.jpg

This lady took up 4 spaces in Carlow today

(Sorry link didnt work to begin)

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

That is actually sick! Who could be so stupid!

Who could be so stupid!
    People from Laois it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

The driver of the galaxy should win an award.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

People from Laois it seems.
    I didn't want to mention that, as i'm sure somebody knows this person.

Maybe they are not from Laois at all they might have bought the car 2nd hand.

It's still ridiculous parking!

I didn't want to mention that, as i'm sure somebody knows this person.

Maybe they are not from Laois at all they might have bought the car 2nd hand.

It's still ridiculous parking!

Yeah, twas a low blow tbh. 4 parking spaced, thats impressive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

article-1269697-095ACDF1000005DC-315_634x847.jpg
    article-1269697-095A5435000005DC-283_634x475.jpg
    A merc driver got his foot stuck between the brake pedal and the accelerator as he tried to reverse into a spot on the seventh floor of a multi-storey car park.

Luckily for the un-named driver, the car stopped with its boot poking out into fresh air. The vehicles parked directly beneath were not so lucky as bricks rained down, bashing roofs and smashing windscreens.

Stunned passers-by stopped to take pictures on their mobile phones as office workers happily downed tools to take in the sight.

Tulsa Police Department Corporal David Crow told radio station KRMG: 'At about 1.50pm this afternoon we had a report of a car hitting the side of a building.

'We didn't know what that meant but when we got here we saw this Mercedes backed halfway out of a parking spot on the seventh floor of this parking garage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Hal1 wrote: »
    article-1269697-095ACDF1000005DC-315_634x847.jpg
    article-1269697-095A5435000005DC-283_634x475.jpg

Holy Sh*t!! I had to look again. At first I thought it was an air conditioning unit. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,991 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

"Got his foot"

I highly doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭CH3OH

"He" was Ralph Huson, 67

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

"Got his foot"

I highly doubt it.
    Take the sexism elsewhere, thanks.

"Got his foot"

I highly doubt it.

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/world-news/driver-backs-through-car-park-wall-2158658.html
    An elderly driver in the US who backed his car through the seventh-floor wall of a car park has had a lucky escape.

Sixty-seven-year-old Ralph Hudson burst through the car park's exterior wall after getting his foot stuck between the brake and accelerator pedal of his Mercedes.

Mr Hudson, who was manoeuvring in the garage in Tulsa, Oklahoma when the accident happened, had a narrow escape when the car stopped just in time.

Its boot and part of its back wheels were left hanging precariously out of the building but staff were able to safely drive it back inside.

Mr Hudson was not given a summons over the incident, police said.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Heh, I was scanning the car park for the car, and couldn't see it!

Jaysus, he's lucky(?) he didn't go out through the wall. And either the wall was build from lego or he floored it, hit the wall, and kept going! Never seen a car nudge a wall, and go through the damn thing!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Is that not an automatic car?
    What size feet has he???:eek:

I'm liking that the Merc goes through a wall without a scratch on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

Superquinn Sutton, about an hour ago.

Imagine being a) ignorant enough to park over an entire zebra crossing, and b) dumb enough to do it in a company van!

God forbid some angry boardsies were to e-mail the company & complain! That would totally suck for said ignoramus. :eek:

And there's even an empty 'mother & child' spot beside him - but his van was probably too long - so why should he have to park further away & walk an extra 20 feet? Screw that! Sure he'll only be a minute anyway!

The back of the carpark was practically empty, BTW.

What a knobknocker - I trust a "concerned citizen" has already reported said knobknocker?

• Advertisement

Superquinn Sutton, about an hour ago.

Imagine being a) ignorant enough to park over an entire zebra crossing, and b) dumb enough to do it in a company van!

God forbid some angry boardsies were to e-mail the company & complain! That would totally suck for said ignoramus. :eek:

And there's even an empty 'mother & child' spot beside him - but his van was probably too long - so why should he have to park further away & walk an extra 20 feet? Screw that! Sure he'll only be a minute anyway!

The back of the carpark was practically empty, BTW.

Not only is he a plonker but who comes up with a name like officesupplieSEXpress and doesn't put a - in the middle of it? :)

BTW, whats the address of that place he's parked in, I want to email the company and complain and need to get the facts right.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement