Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Beebaa wrote: »
    At last, what I thought this was all about, examples of bad parking.

LIDL Ashbourne have lovely wide bays, yet this driver couldn't choose which bay to take.

Lucky I have lovely wide bandwidth too as I thought that image would never open:D

Good thing about lidl is that they always have big decent car parks - full of older non taxed passats, octavia's, vectra's and old 5 series:D - not that I am implying any particular people drive these:eek:

Only slagging..

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

mbiking123 wrote: »
    I can appreciate how people feel as I also felt it was unwarranted, however it is a marked Garda van and therfore not illegal to park on double yellow lines. I think the point should be using a garda vehicles for activities that are not work related. If they were getting food for someone who was detained for questioning thats ok by me.

Even if they are gettign their own food, do you really thing the best use of their time is to go back to the station, park the van and walk to supermacs? I'd rather the Gards had the vehicles close by in case they get a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

-Chris- wrote: »
    Limerick Bandit, if you don't like the topic/content of a thread you should ignore it rather than trying to take it down from the inside. If you can't be constructive, don't post at all.

You seem unable to post constructively in this thread. Don't post in this thread again.

So if i don't agree with the rest im not welcome :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Limerick Bandit, if you don't like the topic/content of a thread you should ignore it rather than trying to take it down from the inside. If you can't be constructive, don't post at all.

You seem unable to post constructively in this thread. Don't post in this thread again.

+

...please drop it or your next ban will be considerably longer.

+

So if i don't agree with the rest im not welcome :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

= 7 day ban. Bye.

Limerick Bandit banned for a week for arguing moderation on thread, ignoring moderation request/instruction and for repeatedly trolling the thread.

Next ban will be for a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Beebaa wrote: »
    At last, what I thought this was all about, examples of bad parking.

LIDL Ashbourne have lovely wide bays, yet this driver couldn't choose which bay to take.

The lines there can be difficult to see when parking. The Wellpark Retail Park in Galway use grey on grey, so it it's dark or raining you can't see the bloody lines; it's even tricky on bright days as they never clean the paving!

As for Garda vans outside Supermacs, they're usually getting the food for prisoners in the station, who will complain that their rights have been violated if the food isn't hot when it gets to them!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Red Mondeo on the footpath, navy Mondeo in the Coach Park and navy Opel on the public highway. 3 a breast, nice! (Once again, apologies about the camera, I'll have to get it fixed, don't want to be missing gems like these!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Got it in one Lightning! No excuse for it to be honest, totally obnoxious and two fingers up at everyone else. They've been there since 9.30am this morning and are still there now, so it's not like they are responding to an emergency!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Most likey all Garda cars but I could be wrong.

Always puts me in mind of this:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Even if they are gettign their own food, do you really thing the best use of their time is to go back to the station, park the van and walk to supermacs? I'd rather the Gards had the vehicles close by in case they get a call.

When it comes to purchasing food for personal consumption, what's the difference between employees of AGS and other public servants working for a statutory body?

Or any other citizens of the state, for that matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,306 ✭✭✭markpb

TJJP wrote: »
    Spotted this today and was sure I was on a winner for Most Obnoxious parking. A closer look, however, revealed an interestingly angled ANPR unit on the back of the vehicle. Seems, the ANPR is placed to monitor all traffic coming out of town by the back of Pearse Street.

Sadly, I suspect you're wrong there. The Gardai in Pearse St station park in a row (private and Garda cars) in the middle of the road all the time. This bizarre ad hoc arrangement allows (barely) DB buses to serve the stop on the inside of them and then exit back out into traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    When it comes to purchasing food for personal consumption, what's the difference between employees of AGS and other public servants working for a statutory body?

Or any other citizens of the state, for that matter?

They may have to respond to an emergency?

12 element wrote: »

As has already been made clear, we are referring to (a) non-emergency situations and (b) very often privately owned vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

So might a plumber, electrician, carpenter etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Can't confirm the parking is obnoxious but the car certainly is.. :D

72c56d06.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Jesus, that's hideous!

Jesus, that's hideous!

I'm sure Porsche would say it's bold and daring! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

I'm sure Porsche Stephen Ireland would say it's bold subtle and daring refined! :D
    Nasty stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    As has already been made clear, we are referring to (a) non-emergency situations and (b) very often privately owned vehicles.

Well I should hope that the guards wouldn't stop for food in an emergency situation!
    So might a plumber, electrician, carpenter etc...

I'm sure that the emergencies that a plumber etc have to respond to are as important as the ones the guards have to respond to. :rolleyes:

Anyway this is getting a bit off-topic.

Jesus, that's hideous!

Looks like a Blinger's handbag on wheels.

Well I should hope that the guards wouldn't stop for food in an emergency situation!

Good point!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I was in Carrick on Shannon today and thought of this thread when I saw some seriously obnoxious parking at one of the garages on the N4. Happened to have my camera with me too....

This one was taken at the entrance to the car park. The white van man obviously can't see white lines very well & the VW driver decided to just park wherever he felt like.

Note the number of empty spaces to the left of the van. Now, if the drivers had pulled in when the car park was full, you might think less of it, but I saw the VW driver pull in just a few seconds before me & white van man was in his van eating a breakfast roll...

148548.jpg

Even worse than that however, was the driver of this northern reg van, who decided to park in a yellow box, blocking the gate to the service entrance to all the buildings. Again, note all the empty parking spaces.

148549.jpg

He was in his van too, eating, so again... no excuse (and yes, I do realise that my windscreen is filthy!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Ahh Lovley Leitrim!!.

& white van man was in his van eating a breakfast roll...

Obviously not too worried about playing up to a stereotype...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

img0427uo.jpg

img0428zy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,889 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Ah now.. that's fairly fecking unforgivable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Seriously - keys should be confiscated unless that was some sort of emergency situation!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,306 ✭✭✭markpb

Basq wrote: »
    ^ Ah now.. that's fairly fecking unforgivable!

My neighbour parks almost exactly like that all the time - they just seems to be incapable of parking (or caring). Sometimes it's the front on the footpath with the tail out and other times it's the other way round. It's almost never straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I couldn't believe it when I saw it. How can someone legitimately walk away from a parking job like that and think, "ah, fits like a glove" :confused:

markpb wrote: »
    My neighbour parks almost exactly like that all the time - they just seems to be incapable of parking (or caring). Sometimes it's the front on the footpath with the tail out and other times it's the other way round. It's almost never straight.

Obviously these people are living in a (non)parallel universe.

Of course they can claim it was indeed an emergency, or could have been. Seems to work for some... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

qz wrote: »

There must be more to that, it couldn't have been parked like that under normal circumstances...could it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

JustinOval wrote: »
    There must be more to that, it couldn't have been parked like that under normal circumstances...could it?
    At first I presumed there were cars parked immediately in front and behind when the Toyota was trying to park. And that the Toyota driver just decided it was easier to go in diagonally than to do proper parallel parking manoeuvre into a a tight space. But looking more closely that would have to mean that the car in front was parked only partially inside the white lines. Maybe that did happen but the car in front was lucky enough to get away before the clampers came.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement