Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Basq wrote: »
    ^ Ah now.. that's fairly fecking unforgivable!

And you can be pretty sure that the owner of that car would have kicked up a huge stink, shouted down the phone, argued for a few hours before paying, shouted at the guy taking the clamp off, he will most likely appeal through every avenue open to him and for the rest of time whinge to anyone who'll listen how he was "hard done by" and someone in that company "has it in for him", etc...
    If you're this ignorant to start with, you're not going to suddenly say "you know what, they where right, I was being a bit of a pig, better be more considerate in the future".
    Hope he gets clamped more often. He'll never learn, but the clampers will have a good laugh at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

qz wrote: »
    I couldn't believe it when I saw it. How can someone legitimately walk away from a parking job like that and think, "ah, fits like a glove" :confused:

YES! This fat arse in Ballinasloe the other night had tons of room to park neatly but ended up with the arse of the 307 out into traffic. She went to the front to have a look and around to the back and shrugged her shoulders. She then looked at me and I said "You can't be serious"(because she was about to walk away).

"ah tis be grand" she said and off she went. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

And you can be pretty sure that the owner of that car would have kicked up a huge stink, shouted down the phone, argued for a few hours before paying, shouted at the guy taking the clamp off, he will most likely appeal through every avenue open to him and for the rest of time whinge to anyone who'll listen how he was "hard done by" and someone in that company "has it in for him", etc...
    If you're this ignorant to start with, you're not going to suddenly say "you know what, they where right, I was being a bit of a pig, better be more considerate in the future".
    Hope he gets clamped more often. He'll never learn, but the clampers will have a good laugh at him.
    I'll probably get stick for this but I didn't for a moment even consider that it could have been a guy who left the Toyota parked like that. My automatic assumption was that it was a girl. Either way I hope you're right and he or she learns better parking manners the hard way if that's what it takes.

Berty wrote: »
    YES! This fat arse in Ballinasloe the other night had tons of room to park neatly but ended up with the arse of the 307 out into traffic. She went to the front to have a look and around to the back and shrugged her shoulders. She then looked at me and I said "You can't be serious"(because she was about to walk away).

"ah tis be grand" she said and off she went. :eek:

In a strange way I have to admire people like that.
    She is closer to Zen than any Buddhist monk, you can be sure she just gently wafts through life on a pink cloud of her own ignorance and if someone says something to her you will get a look of surprise and a hurt expression, but as soon as they walk on it's forgotten.
    Her pulse never goes above 80 and she will probably live to be 130.
    To her, stress is something that happens to other people.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

In a strange way I have to admire people like that.
    She is closer to Zen than any Buddhist monk, you can be sure she just gently wafts through life on a pink cloud of her own ignorance and if someone says something to her you will get a look of surprise and a hurt expression, but as soon as they walk on it's forgotten.
    Her pulse never goes above 80 and she will probably live to be 130.
    To her, stress is something that happens to other people.:(

I'm going to jump to conclusions here, but I'd say her diet of McD's and Diet Coke will get to her long before 130.

I have a deadly one my Mrs snapped the other night, but my phone and my photobucket account aren't getting along right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

So so glad that there is the potential for a can of worms exploding here. Keep on assuming facts boardsies, it's what makes this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

Outside galway bay hotel the other morning, made unusable not 2 not 3 but 4 spaces! and of course the carpark was full

ended up going somewhere else for breakfast, way to loose paying customers :rolleyes:

10mpzr4.jpg

I'll probably get stick for this but I didn't for a moment even consider that it could have been a guy who left the Toyota parked like that. My automatic assumption was that it was a girl. Either way I hope you're right and he or she learns better parking manners the hard way if that's what it takes.

No stick at all, but simply couldn't be bothered writing he/she all the time.;)
    It could of course be either man or woman, but has anyone considered hermaphrodite?:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    Outside galway bay hotel the other morning, made unusable not 2 not 3 but 4 spaces! and of course the carpark was full

ended up going somewhere else for breakfast, way to loose paying customers :rolleyes:

to give the van driver a littlr credit here but those parking spots look alot less than 4.8m in length so if he/she parked in as normal they will more than likely have blocked the roadway in the car park.

although 4 spots is a bit OTT, surely there was somewhere else to park?

In fairness to those spaces. I wouldn't park in them because people will likely crash into you coming and going from the upper car park. Also some of them are on a serious incline so that getting out of the car is mad easier by simply falling out after opening the door.

There is also an underground car park as well. Still the van could have found someplace else to park.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

No stick at all, but simply couldn't be bothered writing he/she all the time.;)
    It could of course be either man or woman, but has anyone considered hermaphrodite?:D

In which case the most appropriate response to such an obnoxious parker is to say "go fúck yourself".

kceire wrote: »
    to give the van driver a littlr credit here but those parking spots look alot less than 4.8m in length so if he/she parked in as normal they will more than likely have blocked the roadway in the car park.

although 4 spots is a bit OTT, surely there was somewhere else to park?

Possibly.

That particular company/van regularly parks obnoxiously, including right outside this premises (on the footpath, naturally).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    That particular company/van regularly parks obnoxiously, including right outside this premises (on the footpath, naturally).

alongside the taxis from the taxi company next door, and the delivery guys from the chinese on the other side; it's a narrow street at the best of times, but they make it far worse, right down to the junctions at either end.

Fey! wrote: »
    alongside the taxis from the taxi company next door, and the delivery guys from the chinese on the other side; it's a narrow street at the best of times, but they make it far worse, right down to the junctions at either end.

Taxi Company, Chinese? You sure?

Galway bay hotel car park? Promenade in Salthill. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

Decent enough not to park "in" the handicapped bays i guess....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

luke.jpg

Decent enough not to park "in" the handicapped bays i guess....

Note the van also, parked on what looks like a pedestrian/disabled access route.

cantdecide wrote: »

Obnoxious parkers love those dished kerbs. So gentle on their suspension....

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

Note the van also, parked on what looks like a pedestrian/disabled access route.
    Yeh, well spotted, Its outside Lidl, same happens outside most Super markets, Many people believe the the 200 spaces provided are just inconsideratly placed too far away from the door. And they have the right to block most pedestrian access to the shop as well as the Roadway coming in for people with high energy levels who can walk the 50 feet to the door from a provided place. As for blockin the two handicapped spaces well that just adds another level doesnt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Seasoft

St Luke's!

Can't believe my eyes!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Obnoxious parkers love those dished kerbs. So gentle on their suspension....
    I used to live not far from there and the traffic is very heavy at peak times - in all directions of that junction. The way that plonker is parked means he/she will have to reverse out into oncomming traffic, no matter which way they attempt it, it will cause horn blowing and could well cause an accident. They really couldn't have picked a worse place to park in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

cadaliac wrote: »
    ...The way that plonker is parked...

Plonkette, not that it's relevent.

Hes talking about this road, saw the same van on this road the very next day... i should have taken another picture :P

as you can see that bit of road outside the Roisin is narrow at the best of times

lol
    I just realized that google street view van capture an "obnoxious" parker in the above image :D

touche

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

cadaliac wrote: »
    I used to live not far from there and the traffic is very heavy at peak times - in all directions of that junction. The way that plonker is parked means he/she will have to reverse out into oncomming traffic, no matter which way they attempt it, it will cause horn blowing and could well cause an accident. They really couldn't have picked a worse place to park in that area.

That was my first thought - how the hell is he going to get out again? Even at off peak, you can hardly keep track of everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭THall04

Obnoxious parking.......with fighting.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLOzS_hKHpE

as you can see that bit of road outside the Roisin is narrow at the best of times

I'm up an down that road around 6 times a week, last night even. Anybody who parks on that road is a fvcking moron because it is also a bus route. I parked nice and neatly at 7pm outside the Bierhaus. Best parking place on the entire street.

I thought the only picture being reffered to was the Galway bay hotel picture but I now realise their offices are down that street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

It seems that some people think they can just park on the path for extended periods, but sure what else would you expect from FF?

http://www.politics.ie/elections/153350-stickers-graffiti-election-posters-16.html#post3607019

It seems that some people think they can just park on the path for extended periods, but sure what else would you expect from FF?

http://www.politics.ie/elections/153350-stickers-graffiti-election-posters-16.html#post3607019

Typical FF stroke. We should have no truck with such obnoxious behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Possibly.

Fey! wrote: »

Galway bay hotel car park? Promenade in Salthill. :confused:

The premises he was refering to was the bike shop on Dominic Street, beside which there is a Chinese restauraunt, an Irish restauraunt, a head shop, a corner shop, and a taxi office. Opposite there is a chipper, another Chinese take away, and a strip club.

The Chinese deliveries, the taxis, people popping to the corner shop and the bicycle guy all contribute to a street on which 2 regular cars can barely pass becoming a nearly constant bottleneck.

The actual photo of the van was taken at the Galway Bay, hence the confusion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement