Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Nutgrove Retail Park (opp. Nutgrove Shopping Centre) today.....

58C123077BC34B6B89742FE92C079372-0000321176-0002187418-00800L-31FEE5F615034C788BDF2DA7603AFCB7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭1916

Chelmsford Road, Ranelagh

photo240221.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

1916 wrote: »

That photo looks like it should have been taken in 1916! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Iwannahurl wrote: »

Or with a camera from that era....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭1916

Iwannahurl wrote: »

Ha ha, its pretty poor alright, suprising as its from an iphone 4, but against that, its via a car windscreen and dusk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

1916 wrote: »
    Ha ha, its pretty poor alright, suprising as its from an iphone 4, but against that, its via a car windscreen and dusk

Was it using the front facing camera using a mirror? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

It seems that some people think they can just park on the path for extended periods, but sure what else would you expect from FF?

http://www.politics.ie/elections/153350-stickers-graffiti-election-posters-16.html#post3607019

Very much in the same vein, spotted yesterday outside the candidate's constituency office:
    185759_10150143046747079_543187078_7911169_7651827_n.jpg

In the same vein as what? No disabled space is being blocked, he's not on the path causing women with prams to have to go out on to the road and he's not taking up two spaces in a shopping centre, what's the problem? He's parked so close to the wall I doubt if he was able to get out on the driver's side, looks like pretty good parking to me all things considered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

thread no longer delivers,
    /unsubscribed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

coylemj wrote: »
    In the same vein as what? No disabled space is being blocked, he's not on the path causing women with prams to have to go out on to the road and he's not taking up two spaces in a shopping centre, what's the problem? He's parked so close to the wall I doubt if he was able to get out on the driver's side, looks like pretty good parking to me all things considered.

In the same vein in of being badly parked election promotions. Regardless of any of the examples you listed out, it is parked on double yellow lines, on a bend in a narrow street. Any kind of wide vehicle (and there are some go down there) would have issues getting by the car. And while you doubt he was able to get out, both candidate and driver got out and went into the candidate's constituency office across the street from said car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

My fave place for catching offenders, tesco in coonagh, limerick

33n7q88.jpg

121a2hz.jpg
    Lets play bad parking bingo!

No handicapped badge in space, check!
    Using more then one space, check!
    Company name on side of car, super added bonus points!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

cython wrote: »
    In the same vein in of being badly parked election promotions. Regardless of any of the examples you listed out, it is parked on double yellow lines, on a bend in a narrow street. Any kind of wide vehicle (and there are some go down there) would have issues getting by the car. And while you doubt he was able to get out, both candidate and driver got out and went into the candidate's constituency office across the street from said car.

sorry but this is the OBNOXIOUS parking thread, thats merely illegal parking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

EsLNS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Surely that Pat Tiernan Micra is a workshop loaner and not the companies employee.

However, in saying that, I'm sure it's still not a good advert for them.

corktina wrote: »
    sorry but this is the OBNOXIOUS parking thread, thats merely illegal parking

Can't it be both?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A Garda marked car with alloys, thought I would never see the day :D

And foglights? Disgraceful waste of public money, no wonder they can't afford to park in a 'pay and display' spot!

And foglights? Disgraceful waste of public money, no wonder they can't afford to park in a 'pay and display' spot!

Maybe it's just parked up on that nice dished kerb/tactile paving to avoid bumping or scratching those pricey accessories...

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭blues2

because men with prams wouldnt be blocked

The Goat pub in Dublin today

9FFBC2933B0E4D51A3DD514B65995C44-0000321176-0002190401-00800L-107CDED789B64ABAA34991156DD9D73E.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Don't worry lads - they shaved the expenses by not fitting indicators ;) (I was behind it Thursday night when it did a U-turn on the commons road with no warning :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭dougie-lampkin

Berty wrote: »
    Surely that Pat Tiernan Micra is a workshop loaner and not the companies employee.

However, in saying that, I'm sure it's still not a good advert for them.

No, it's actually a driving instructor, I got my first lesson off of him (he's my mother's friend's son or something), and quickly changed to a different instructor afterwards. He said I was grand for the test, I'd pass not a bother, went for a pretest with a different instructor and he asked if it was my first lesson with all the bad habits :rolleyes:. Definitely his own everyday car, as I've seen him driving it at all hours. And I know he doesn't have a disabled badge either ;)

<snip>, if anyone's interested in crossing him off a list of prospective instructors. I've seen the car regularly abandoned outside the Tesco in the photo, and outside O' Connor's in Corbally (Or maybe he runs over to the Tesco there too :pac:).

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Not content with nearly running down someone coming out the door. This woman just abandoned her car here & into the shop.

149672.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

No, it's actually a driving instructor, I got my first lesson off of him (he's my mother's friend's son or something), and quickly changed to a different instructor afterwards. He said I was grand for the test, I'd pass not a bother, went for a pretest with a different instructor and he asked if it was my first lesson with all the bad habits :rolleyes:. Definitely his own everyday car, as I've seen him driving it at all hours. And I know he doesn't have a disabled badge either ;)

<snip>, if anyone's interested in crossing him off a list of prospective instructors. I've seen the car regularly abandoned outside the Tesco in the photo, and outside O' Connor's in Corbally (Or maybe he runs over to the Tesco there too :pac:).

Spotted abandoned in Newport this morning actually. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

KoolKid wrote: »
    Not content with nearly running down someone coming out the door. This woman just abandoned her car here & into the shop.

And left her child in the back unattended, should be charged with neglect.

While it makes a nice change to see someone actually pull over to use their mobile phone, stopping in the middle of an entrance to a housing estate probably isn't the best place to actually stop :rolleyes:

attachment.php?attachmentid=149676&stc=1&d=1298735216

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Dun na oir. I knew I recognised the house in the backround..:)

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Dun na oir. I knew I knew the house in the backround..:)
    There's no hiding from some people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Top Dog wrote: »
    While it makes a nice change to see someone actually pull over to use their mobile phone, stopping in the middle of an entrance to a housing estate probably isn't the best place to actually stop :rolleyes:

attachment.php?attachmentid=149676&stc=1&d=1298735216
    That entrance is so wide that you can park two articulate trucks in front and behind the car with room to spare. What so obnoxious about that? :confused:
    He not blocking anyone nor abandoned the car like other car Drivers shown in this thread and the engine is running. You could turn a truck around that car without touching the kerb, the footpath or the car.

• Advertisement

limklad wrote: »
    That entrance is so wide that you can park two articulate trucks in front and behind the car with room to spare. What so obnoxious about that? :confused:
    He not blocking anyone nor abandoned the car like other car Drivers shown in this thread and the engine is running. You could turn a truck around that car without touching the kerb, the footpath or the car.
    SHE is parked slap bang in the center, which means that I had to drive around her to enter the estate - instead of being able to drive straight in as per normal. Even though she could clearly see me coming up the road, with my right-hand indicator on, she decided that it was perfectly acceptable to stay in the middle.

Also, what you can't see in the pic, is that there's a drain running across the entire entrance, with a metal guard over it. Over half of the metal coverings are long since gone, meaning you hit a nice hole in the ground when you have to move off the normal route in. It's like being forced to drive into a pot-hole for want of a better description. :mad:

Its obnoxious because there's more than enough room on the left, before the stop sign, for 3 cars to pull over and not block the normal driving route.

By your logic it would be totally acceptable, and not at all obnoxious, to park in the center of a large 4-way junction ... sure there's enough room for traffic to get by so why worry about it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement