Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Top Dog wrote: »
    By your logic it would be totally acceptable, and not at all obnoxious, to park in the center of a large 4-way junction ... sure there's enough room for traffic to get by so why worry about it!

Normally I'd agree with you but considering myself and limklad have to suffer Childers Rd retail park you don't know pain or annoyance.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

limklad wrote: »
    That entrance is so wide that you can park two articulate trucks in front and behind the car with room to spare. What so obnoxious about that? :confused:
    He not blocking anyone nor abandoned the car like other car Drivers shown in this thread and the engine is running. You could turn a truck around that car without touching the kerb, the footpath or the car.

I was going to post the same but I get banned for such an outburst :rolleyes:

SHE is parked slap bang in the center, which means that I had to drive around her to enter the estate - instead of being able to drive straight in as per normal. Even though she could clearly see me coming up the road, with my right-hand indicator on, she decided that it was perfectly acceptable to stay in the middle.

indeed it was perfectly acceptable! your normal route of entering the estate is bad practice! there should be a traffic island where that car is parked.
    Also, what you can't see in the pic, is that there's a drain running across the entire entrance, with a metal guard over it. Over half of the metal coverings are long since gone, meaning you hit a nice hole in the ground when you have to move off the normal route in. It's like being forced to drive into a pot-hole for want of a better description. :mad:
    you need to talk to the management company about that.
    Its obnoxious because there's more than enough room on the left, before the stop sign, for 3 cars to pull over and not block the normal driving route.

As per the pic, your normal driving route is not the same as the majority, just look at the gravel build up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

As per the pic, your normal driving route is not the same as the majority, just look at the gravel build up!
    Whatever about everything else - how do you work that one out? The road is clear of gravel where the car is stopped, cleared because everyone takes a straight line in, and up, the hill, shifting the loose gravel to the sides. All the gravel, on the route I had to take due to the positioning of the Corolla would point to the fact that the VAST majority take the same route that I do.

But obviously people don't think there's anything wrong with the Corolla so I'll give up on this candidate for obnoxious parking, and keep my eyes open for something that might more clearly qualify for the title. :o

But obviously people don't think there's anything wrong with the Corolla so I'll give up on this candidate for obnoxious parking, and keep my eyes open for something that might more clearly qualify for the title. :o

:D if it makes you happy, it cant be that bad :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Whatever about everything else - how do you work that one out? The road is clear of gravel where the car is stopped, cleared because everyone takes a straight line in, and up, the hill, shifting the loose gravel to the sides. All the gravel, on the route I had to take due to the positioning of the Corolla would point to the fact that the VAST majority take the same route that I do.

I would love to have an entrance that wide on my estate. I would have no problems in the morning getting on to that road. I would even accept a crater the size of a truck on any part of that entrance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I agree with top dog here. I know that entrance very well and if Corktina in here tonite he will clarify it aswell. I know its not a thread winner but it is still obnoxious.

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I agree with top dog here. I know that entrance very well and if Corktina in here tonite he will clarify it aswell. I know its not a thread winner but it is still obnoxious.

No its not!
    Just look at the pic again, someone pulled up in a safe place, would it be better to drive on and use the phone? look at the amount of space around the car :o

No its not!
    Just look at the pic again, someone pulled up in a safe place, would it be better to drive on and use the phone? look at the amount of space around the car :o

I dont have to look at the picture at all. I pass that entrance all the time and there is very little space with the state of the road/entrance.

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I dont have to look at the picture at all. I pass that entrance all the time and there is very little space with the state of the road/entrance.

Well the pic is there clear to see that 2 artic trucks could park end to end in that space if there is an issue with road surface then it's nothing to do with the car parked!

• Advertisement

Well the pic is there clear to see that 2 artic trucks could park end to end in that space if there is an issue with road surface then it's nothing to do with the car parked!

I cant see any trucks in the picture and if there was 2 trucks there that would be very obnoxious parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

corktina wrote: »
    sorry but this is the OBNOXIOUS parking thread, thats merely illegal parking
    Illegal parking is when you park on double yellow lines. Obnoxious parking is when you park on double yellow lines with election logos printed across the side of the car suggesting you are a candidate who thinks he is above the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Illegal parking is when you park on double yellow lines, for example. Obnoxious parking is when you park on double yellow lines with election logos printed across the side of the car suggesting you are a candidate who thinks he is above the law.

FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

This charmer (Dublin registered Volvo) causing chaos at Marrayfield yesterday. There were cones on the side of the road and signs everywhere for the match yet this person opts to park (along with a local in a battered fiesta) on a clearway metres away from the ground.

scotPark.jpg

The Scottish boys in blue were on the case in minutes and this truck was on the scene very shortly afterwards.

Very efficient. If only ......

Gave the locals plenty to laugh about. This was the view from outside one of the very few bars selling booze close to the pitch before 12:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Woodies in Navan this weekend:

carparking.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭schween

In Dunnes Briarhill in Galway. He hadn't children nor was he disabled.

149880.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

schween wrote: »
    In Dunnes Briarhill in Galway. He hadn't children nor was he disabled.

149880.jpg

By the look of that parking job I'd say he has some disability, but I'm not sure if terminal thickness will qualify him to park there.
    Wow, that is bad. Isn't there someone you could have called?
    I once shopped a Jag that had parked like that to a car park attendant and he was beside himself to be allowed to clamp a Jag.
    Result!
    These people can't just be let off with that kind of sh*t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

E39MSport wrote: »
    This charmer (Dublin registered Volvo) causing chaos at Marrayfield yesterday. There were cones on the side of the road and signs everywhere for the match yet this person opts to park (along with a local in a battered fiesta) on a clearway metres away from the ground.

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac237/k1elliott/random/scotPark.jpg

The Scottish boys in blue were on the case in minutes and this truck was on the scene very shortly afterwards.

Very efficient. If only ......

Gave the locals plenty to laugh about. This was the view from outside one of the very few bars selling booze close to the pitch before 12:30.

If only indeed. We'll be waiting more than minutes for that...

Ah Briarhill in Galway. Why people do not simply park underground where there are 100's of free spaces is beyond me. They circle each other in the rain upstairs looking for that one elusive space with the rest of the idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Berty wrote: »
    Ah Briarhill in Galway. Why people do not simply park underground where there are 100's of free spaces is beyond me. They circle each other in the rain upstairs looking for that one elusive space with the rest of the idiots.

Maybe some people have issues with going down :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

view1.jpg

Blackrock, Dundalk?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Correct and right. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

No kids, no disabled permit, no sence.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Carrigtohill?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

I disagree with you there, no sense would mean leaving the car at the pump and heading into the shop without leaving space at the pump to fill up.
    IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

I disagree with you there, no sense would mean leaving the car at the pump and heading into the shop without leaving space at the pump to fill up.
    IMO

I often think that, But alot of stations do state "Do not drive away from pumps before paying" And if they have some petrol not paid for at the end of the day and you have been courtious enough to move out of the way your on the list of peoples faces to send to the Gardai.

Its the one's that are in just infront of you and pull into the first pump available rather than driving up the the second to let you in that confuses me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

attachment.php?attachmentid=150214&stc=1&d=1299101307

Compensate much?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement