Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

view1.jpg

Looks like the car park is deserted, whats the problem?. Seems like this thread is full of cars parked a foot into a neighbouring space, hardly a big deal.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Looks like the car park is deserted, whats the problem?. Seems like this thread is full of cars parked a foot into a neighbouring space, hardly a big deal.
    If it was deserted, then if anything, it would have been easier for the driver to get it right!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

kbannon wrote: »
    If it was deserted, then if anything, it would have been easier for the driver to get it right!

I would be of the same opinion.. and would park over 2 spaces when there are MORE chances of some woman knocking her doors against yours. :rolleyes: (I've only ever see women do this.. sorry harsh but true)

Funny thing is, when I do park in the middle of nowhere within the space far away from entrances etc, I come back and find a car on either side of me. :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

I know this has already been mentioned plenty and i've even seen a thread here giving out about number of disabled spaces in tesco in celbridge (thats theres too many). I was furious reading it!

People think there are too many space so therefore they are allowed park in them. I was there one saturday afternoon with my 83yr old grandmother, who is far from the most mobile and has a permit for family to us to use when driving her somewhere (and yes we ONLY use it if shes in the car). There were no free disabled spaces and i had to park on the other side of the carpark, my grandmother never complains about anything and didnt about this either but i could see it really was a tiring trek for her. We eventually went by the disabled parking and not one had a permit in their window! I was so pissed off.

Coming back out I had to leave her on her own outside the shop (with loads of groups of teenagers around, i dont have anything against them but they can be intimidating) while i got the car and battled the carpark traffic to get back to her. The first walk was enough for her, she wasnt able for it again back to the car.

A little manners and respect people, as unbelievable as it sounds those spaces are there for a reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

starlet.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Now the road is quite wide, but there is parking on both sides, so that makes it narrow enough that only cars can pass each other. Car v bus or bus v bus gets complicated.

Especially when you have people like this, parked almost a metre from the kerb "because I didn't want to damage the tree" - as if there was no other parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,889 ✭✭✭✭Basq

cantdecide wrote: »
    starlet.jpg
    I would say "ah now, that's a learner who should know better"..

.. but those spaces look fecking HUUUGE!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Two ass-hats mis-parked at the garden centre near Celbridge on Saturday:

Photo_C69C3791-679F-75FE-D815-9F37E3D6E2BF.jpg

Photo_A59C4505-09D6-8D5C-643C-6D766C7EE4C5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

I'd say some lazy muppet dumped the shopping trolley in the parking space forcing the merc to go wide around it and ended up parking over 2 spaces. No excuse BTW.

That's a fekkin major gripe I have with parking in shopping centres... people leaving trolleys in spaces!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

MargeS wrote: »
    I'd say some lazy muppet dumped the shopping trolley in the parking space forcing the merc to go wide around it and ended up parking over 2 spaces. No excuse BTW.
    Then why didn't they just park in the second space?

Based on the car and reg, I think you are wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭sxt

6895.jpg

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I love the lighting. Very cool.. Unlike the parking :p

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

Now that took a special effort ^ :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Stingray

photo08032011.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

img2011030600028.jpg

The Outlet in Banbridge on Saturday, Citroen parked first then the Audi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Class, I always see some prize parking at The Outlet. You'll see the same people doing it over at the Gap side of the car park - they must be employees of the facility. Must get pics next time.

Also, I have noticed Security trawling the car park in a small white van taking photos of non-yellow-reg cars, which is worrying. Looked suspicious although their van is marked up as 'security'. Wonder what that's in aid of. The cars they take pics of are properly parked, so we know they're not posting on Boards :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

img2011030600028.jpg

The Outlet in Banbridge on Saturday, Citroen parked first then the Audi.

Post the reg, name and shame!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

e6pyjb.jpg

went in shop, done shopping, came out, this car still there...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

it is noticeable that the last 2 are 11 reg cars to they want as much space as possible around their shiny new cars so it is a deliberate and selfish decision

dharn wrote: »
    it is noticeable that the last 2 are 11 reg cars to they want as much space as possible around their shiny new cars so it is a deliberate and selfish decision

I wouldn't blame them to be honest.. which every shopping centre car park victim would know why!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

I wouldn't blame them to be honest.. which every shopping centre car park victim would know why!

At the time i went into shop there was no cars within 2 parking spaces front and side of this one, the carpark was fairly empty with plenty of spaces

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

You don't want it damaged - don't bring it.

I've had my E31 badly damaged in a SC carpark after I parked it in the wilderness - It won't be going back.

Never, ever, ever take more than one space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

150981.jpg

This person managed to get 4 spaces in one.

E39MSport wrote: »
    You don't want it damaged - don't bring it.

I've had my E31 badly damaged in a SC carpark after I parked it in the wilderness - It won't be going back.

Never, ever, ever take more than one space.

Hard to say if you only own 1 car. Parked in the wilderness so away from all other cars? Do you find when you come back 2 cars still manage to park either side of you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Hard to say if you only own 1 car. Parked in the wilderness so away from all other cars? Do you find when you come back 2 cars still manage to park either side of you :p

Nah - some wonderful human being drove into it then drove off. God knows how it happened.

My point is that you leave yourself open to everything that comes with parking in an SC carpark when you park there. Taking up more spaces than you are entitled to is despicable.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

franksm wrote: »
    Two ass-hats mis-parked at the garden centre near Celbridge on Saturday:

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z146/franksm/Boards/Photo_C69C3791-679F-75FE-D815-9F37E3D6E2BF.jpg
    Reg looks familiar. Either works in the same place as I do, or goes to the same club as me on Monday nghts...
    Stingray wrote: »
    Not on double yellows... what is wrong with their parking?
    E39MSport wrote: »
    Nah - some wonderful human being drove into it then drove off. God knows how it happened.
    Wilderness = emty part? I'd blame a learner driver practising...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

the_syco wrote: »
    If you were in a wheelchair, pushing a buggy or whatever, what do you have to get past the car?
    They could have left the car on the road altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,306 ✭✭✭markpb

Sadly so many other people share the same, misguided, selfish view as you when it comes to parking on footpaths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Footpath parking: one of the most widely ignored rules in the RoTR?

The rule is set out clearly on page 116 of the print edition, but IME the enforcers, most especially AGS, seem not to have even the vaguest awareness of its existence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

Stingray wrote: »
    photo08032011.jpg

Dublins red light district?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement