Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

bernyh wrote: »
    driving was my nemisis today, but this evening I saw something that takes the biscuit, unfortunately I was driving and didn't have a camera handy...

But anyone who's familiar with the turn past the petrol station in Swords heading away from JC's.... I was driving down the road heading for the Rathbeale road (sorry I don't know the name of the street) taking a left onto Rathbeale road, almost parallel with the petrol station.... EXACTLY on the turn of the road was a 2010 BMW top of the range parked bang smack on the corner, I had to go into the right lane to turn left... dangerous if anyone had been turning right from the Rathbeale road

Do you know what your man was doing??? He was emptying bags of rubbish into the public bins on the street.... he had 3 bin bags full of rubbish emptying them into the green bin on the street.

What a cheek.... not only despicable parking! But tight arse to boot!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would get my goat. its a pity you where driving and couldnt get a pic of it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭bernyh

Pity alright he was an absolute eejit, could have caused a serious accident... but didn't care cos he was getting away with his bin tag costs... I suppose it all goes to pay for his road tax!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

bernyh wrote: »
    Pity alright he was an absolute eejit, could have caused a serious accident... but didn't care cos he was getting away with his bin tag costs... I suppose it all goes to pay for his road tax!

Im a firm believer in karma.

PS: some of them cake tops ya have are deadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭bernyh

seanybiker wrote: »
    Im a firm believer in karma.

PS: some of them cake tops ya have are deadly.

I too believe in Karma, just wish I had witnessed it tonite buy someone ramming his ass!! lol!!!

And thank you for the compliment..... boards.ie discount to friends!! xxx just mention boards!! lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Mc Love wrote: »
    Dont get me started on the parking in that place - some of the worst I have ever seen!!

It can be pretty spectacular can't it?

Pavillons.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Spotted this close to my new place of work in Park West the other week...

pw1j.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Look ladies, that's the big arse you'll get if you're too lazy to park and walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Have encountered many badly parked cars over the years, and depending on my mood, I may or may not leave a note on the windscreen, (Parking lessons urgently required, or "You should have gone to Specsavers", etc)? and its always a joy if you happen to see the person return to their car, only have a look at the note, turn around in disgust & tear it up, before driving off at speed :D

But I wonder, do parking notes have the desired effect? ie; will they park between the lines next time? (instead of straddling them).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Mc Love wrote: »
    Dont get me started on the parking in that place - some of the worst I have ever seen!!

and then there's the people who will block the roundabout and roads just to queue up and get a spot in the car park at the front :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

hdowney wrote: »
    this was last wednesday in Bray. speaks for itself!

the "Mega-Deal" was too much temptation perhaps?

iphonepiccies148.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

No pics but saw a woman Friday stopped in the middle of a fairly busy roundabout chatting away on the phone! Car was not broken down nor was she pulled in to the side - just stopped in the inside lane for a chat with traffic all around her! :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

At 5:30pm last Saturday I saw a car parked close to a church.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9859/churchillegalparking201.jpg

Location: Outside Laurel Lodge shopping centre, Castleknock, Dublin 15.

There is a new right turn lane to enter the car park (the Black Merc on left is in that new lane).
    The black Peugeot 205 on the right is parked illegally as there is a solid white line in the middle of the road.
    The silver car was unable to pass between the Merc and Peugeot (I know it looks like there is loads of space).

I emailed the Parish office to ask them to ask mass attendees not to park illegally (I realise that the Peugeot may not be attending mass).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

daymobrew wrote: »
    At 5:30pm last Saturday I saw a car parked close to a church.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9859/churchillegalparking201.jpg

Location: Outside Laurel Lodge shopping centre, Castleknock, Dublin 15.

There is a new right turn lane to enter the car park (the Black Merc on left is in that new lane).
    The black Peugeot 205 on the right is parked illegally as there is a solid white line in the middle of the road.
    The silver car was unable to pass between the Merc and Peugeot (I know it looks like there is loads of space).

I emailed the Parish office to ask them to ask mass attendees not to park illegally (I realise that the Peugeot may not be attending mass).

Shopping and god-bothering: two common excuses for lazy and obnoxious parking. In this instance, if it is a mass-goer, then they're not familiar with the carey-sharey ethos of their church, never mind the RoTR.

I regularly see pedestrian facilities being abused by mass-going motorists. It seems their main aim is a convenient entrance and a quick getaway. For these Christian law-breakers, concepts like love your neighbour and give unto Caesar what is Caesar's don't extend to traffic and parking regs! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Shopping and god-bothering: two common excuses for lazy and obnoxious parking. In this instance, if it is a mass-goer, then they're not familiar with the carey-sharey ethos of their church, never mind the RoTR.

I regularly see pedestrian facilities being abused by mass-going motorists. It seems their main aim is a convenient entrance and a quick getaway. For these Christian law-breakers, concepts like love your neighbour and give unto Caesar what is Caesar's don't extend to traffic and parking regs! :)

Shopping and mass parking are NOTHING compared to funeral, wedding and match parking, that's when they deliberately block off the street and park in anyone who is unlucky enough to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Absurdum wrote: »
    and then there's the people who will block the roundabout and roads just to queue up and get a spot in the car park at the front :rolleyes:

Cant for the life of me understand that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

LordSutch wrote: »
    Have encountered many badly parked cars over the years, and depending on my mood, I may or may not leave a note on the windscreen, (Parking lessons urgently required, or "You should have gone to Specsavers", etc)? and its always a joy if you happen to see the person return to their car, only have a look at the note, turn around in disgust & tear it up, before driving off at speed :D

But I wonder, do parking notes have the desired effect? ie; will they park between the lines next time? (instead of straddling them).

I don't know how effective they necessarily are, but I have been sorely tempted for some time to preprint a stack of these and leave them in the car for the likes of some of the stuff on this thread!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

cython wrote: »
    I don't know how effective they necessarily are, but I have been sorely tempted for some time to preprint a stack of these and leave them in the car for the likes of some of the stuff on this thread!

Been tempted myself, but a lot of the time when people park like that they are Skangers anyway, don't give a fcuk and could even turn violent when confronted.
    They are the same people who will brazenly jump a queue, sit on walls, getting pissed and shouting abuse at people, dumping rubbish, torturing small animals, engage in excessive masturbation and quite probably even (:eek:) go linedancing.
    Be careful out there!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

Been tempted myself, but a lot of the time when people park like that they are Skangers anyway, don't give a fcuk and could even turn violent when confronted.
    They are the same people who will brazenly jump a queue, sit on walls, getting pissed and shouting abuse at people, dumping rubbish, torturing small animals, engage in excessive masturbation and quite probably even (:eek:) go linedancing.
    Be careful out there!;)

thats a mighty lot you got off your chest there ya must be feeling good now;)

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭iknorr

cython wrote: »

Iv been looking at things like that.

Theres a bunch of "£$%s parking outside my apartment block carpark entrance. they part right outside a sign saying no parking day or night and on double yellows.

Does anyone know where i can get some appropriate signs to put on there car windows.

Does anyone know where i can get those -extremely hard to remove stickers-?

Iv seen them on cars before where people parking in a disabled spot in a companies private car park.
    The stickers are very weak and fall apart when you try to peel them off. So ur there for hours picking the stuff off the windows

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

iknorr wrote: »

Theres a bunch of "£$%s parking outside my apartment block carpark entrance. they part right outside a sign saying no parking day or night and on double yellows.
    Forget stickers. If they are on double-yellows on a public street, call the Gardai or local authority traffic warden.

Forget stickers. If they are on double-yellows on a public street, call the Gardai or local authority traffic warden.

Let me know when you find one of these public servants who's reliable, diligent, conscientious and prompt about the control of illegal parking!

BTW, double-yellows represent only a small fraction of possible parking offences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Seasoft

I guess the Skoda parked badly first, forcing the other car to overlap too. SuperValu carpark, Ashbourne.

5529966010_a508cf9171_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Let me know when you find one of these public servants who's reliable, diligent, conscientious and prompt about the control of illegal parking!

BTW, double-yellows represent only a small fraction of possible parking offences.

Try Co Fermanagh. Across the 32 counties they top the poll for the highest number of parking fines.

Read it some weird paper today. The Ireland Times or something. Some shop in Loughrea was selling it. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

iknorr wrote: »

Pics or it didn't happen....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

They don't need to be reliable, diligent, conscientious and prompt. You need to be reliable, diligent, conscientious and prompt in chasing them and pestering them to take action. It works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭McGrath5

yesterday in Rathmines, just parked up with the hazards on for about 30 minutes, worse still after the van in front pulled away nobody else could pull into the loading bay till your man moved the heap.

[IMG][/img]img0194oa.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[IMG][/img]img0195ob.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭jamesr123

WOW! That van in unbelievable really :rolleyes: 30 mins is takin the p1ss.

They don't need to be reliable, diligent, conscientious and prompt. You need to be reliable, diligent, conscientious and prompt in chasing them and pestering them to take action. It works.

Noted. Thanks for the reminder. I'll be more RDCP in future. I guess your username tells the story! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 lostwallet

yesterday in Rathmines, just parked up with the hazards on for about 30 minutes, worse still after the van in front pulled away nobody else could pull into the loading bay till your man moved the heap

Well parked imo.

Plenty of room for off peak traffic to flow.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

the_syco wrote: »
    Not on double yellows... what is wrong with their parking?

It's not enforced much, but it is strictly illegal to park -- in whole or in part -- on a footpath at any time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

i have some doosies to of footpath and box junction parking to put up that i got yesterday - was ragin that i couldn't complete the trillogy cos for ONCE nobody was parking on the roundabout :(:mad:

will throw them up shortly :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement