Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

151779.jpg
    Limerick City Council,@ People park. From the Red Van to the city Council van are illegally parked.

To be honest I do not understand why the Double yellow lines are here, the road is very wide to allow parking and it does not obstruct other vehicles passing on the road, but it is nice to show the hypocrisy of the Limerick City Council unable to follow Rules of the road.

Here a view of the street on Street view
    http://maps.google.ie/?ie=UTF8&ll=52.658164,-8.629557&spn=0.002174,0.004474&t=h&z=18&layer=c&cbll=52.658094,-8.629634&panoid=-8eCNImKWspL4RtwD779Xg&cbp=12,67.22,,0,15.4

http://maps.google.ie/?ie=UTF8&ll=52.658441,-8.629289&spn=0.002174,0.004474&t=h&z=18&layer=c&cbll=52.658353,-8.629364&panoid=XYfGDXr4aoNjgXO404gmIw&cbp=12,193.81,,0,17.04

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

lostwallet wrote: »
    Well parked imo.

Plenty of room for off peak traffic to flow.

My bus was held up for a couple of minutes because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭the merchant

se224k.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Is there a car there somewhere? :D

Couldn't see past the woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Is there a car there somewhere? :D

Couldn't see past the woman.
    The cars better looking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Tallon wrote: »
    The cars better looking
    You must have some seriously high standards if you consider the Yeti more attractive than that woman! :eek:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I would need to test drive both of them before making any decisions like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Not on the lines per-se, but rather difficult to navigate around this ill-parked car as a result:

0CB13117D296434481D592CFB1912CFF-0000316522-0002217894-00500L-0201145294B34F4EAE0A2162C7588DE6.jpg

DC54BEA984534197A6C82F626D628E7A-0000316522-0002217893-00500L-430A5205B8394156AE9125461E15EFF6.jpg

4FC56F937BF54F4ABFF48EB87076A898-0000316522-0002217892-00500L-F480FF2B1CBA4A4892B59F515E6C19FD.jpg

Such behaviour is in no way particular to corolla drivers. This motor is far more obnoxiously placed by my reckoning:

460698742FAE45118F493D53A5CD92CC-0000316522-0002217891-00500L-D38021AB49BB4B17A798C4758E8DDF87.jpg

A090B1E10AA84BB58D33072435C9A658-0000316522-0002217889-00500L-1BD4F0DDB47D43EFABC248E6DDC60AE5.jpg

And age is no barrier either. This bit of road-craft amazed me to such an extent I awaited the owners return just so as to be sure. The elderly owner hopped in and pottered off. No real harm done....

5031C8CD91984C38B77159F35368F9AD-0000316522-0002217887-00500L-504B10AA06F241CF88DBC177FED6160B.jpg

68B4E39D984A458F9BC62C9A6E24DFF0-0000316522-0002217886-00500L-9EB0A26B01D9409888FAC1ED557CC123.jpg

E3EE13C37BE2474A8CF6F246BC75DD00-0000316522-0002217884-00500L-514E472828334D9A9181D2F13833AD34.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Top Dog wrote: »
    You must have some seriously high standards if you consider the Yeti more attractive than that woman! :eek:
    I actually lol'd

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

What were you navigating around the Corolla in anyway? Where would you have been going? Looks like a dead end to me.

I find it ironic they are parked in front of a NCPS sign on the wall. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Berty wrote: »
    What were you navigating around the Corolla in anyway? Where would you have been going? Looks like a dead end to me.

For sure, but it's the only space in which to pull a u-turn, hence the 360 double yellows (I presume). Put the Corolla bit left more and they were grand! I'd have even got my Allegro and Caravan by. The BM though, that's just ignorant given the spaces in the carpark below. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭iknorr

found these http://www.pittman.ie/Products/Permanent-Adhesive-Warning-Sticker-Please-refrain-(250roll)__753700.aspx

exactly what im looking for but there a bit expensive!

anyone know where i can get them cheaper?

if i get some ill be posting pics with stickers on the cars...

edit...also found these http://linton.stores.yahoo.net/wachflgr.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭freighter

Berty wrote: »

I lol`d when I see the Corolla driver looking at the OP taking his picture.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

iknorr wrote: »
    found these http://www.pittman.ie/Products/Permanent-Adhesive-Warning-Sticker-Please-refrain-(250roll)__753700.aspx

You should get a job with NCPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

these first ones were parked on yellow box and footpath at loughlinstown hosp on tuesday.

IMG_1825.jpg

IMG_1824.jpg

IMG_1823.jpg

IMG_1822.jpg

particularly this fella's work car!

IMG_1826.jpg

IMG_1827.jpg

then today Paddy's Day in my local supervalu car park when this car bombs in (being driven by a MAN!!!) and he parks up like this and goes into the shop! :eek:

IMG_1833.jpg

IMG_1834.jpg

IMG_1835.jpg

i parked behind him then this nice car came and parked infront of him :D:D:D shoulda seen him trying to get his car out!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

None of the cars are really obstructing anyone imo. If you parked behind the Beetle you should have included yourself in the picture...:pac:

Meh to all those pics. I think a visit to childers road is needed for some quality parking..:p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

well the cars were obstructing cos you couldn't walk with a buggy on the footpath or get thru with a wheelchair, and the ones on the box were impeding the flow of traffic, a car coming up and one coming down and what would happen?

as to parking behind yr man in the beetle i parked behind him in a proper space the proper way round!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭the merchant

KoolKid wrote: »
    I would need to test drive both of them before making any decisions like that.

Nice rack

(roof)

By the way this was a screen shot from TV3's new motoring programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Seasoft

While I have no time for obnoxiously parked cars, I feel caution is needed with this. The Pittman website referred to says "This warning notice sticker uses a PERMANENT adhesive which is almost impossible to remove from the windscreen by the driver."
    Anything put on a windscreen that cannot be removed would surely make driving hazardous. In fact, in the event of an accident, putting a sticker on a windscreen could make you liaible.

Putting it on a rear side window might be more sensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Seasoft wrote: »
    While I have no time for obnoxiously parked cars, I feel caution is needed with this. The Pittman website referred to says "This warning notice sticker uses a PERMANENT adhesive which is almost impossible to remove from the windscreen by the driver."
    Anything put on a windscreen that cannot be removed would surely make driving hazardous. In fact, in the event of an accident, putting a sticker on a windscreen could make you liaible.

Sometimes "obnoxious" parking is unavoidable and the reaction to it needs a bit of common sense. Some years ago I was catching a flight out of a UK airport, and had been badly delayed by traffic conditions. I arrived at the car park, which was almost full, and was close to missing my flight. I found one place, but the car on the right had parked badly, so the only way I could get in was with my LHS wheels just over the white line.

I flew back in the next day to find one of those stickers right smack in the driver's side window, severely obstructing my view out of that side and making my car undriveable safely. I tried to get it off but couldn't shift it.

By then I had had two days of hassle and was well p****d off. I drove to the car park gatehouse and explained what had happened. The guy there shrugged and told me it was my problem, and that lit me up. I told him that if he didn't get his b****y manager to come and get his feckin label off my car I would not be responsible for my actions. I told him I would sue the a**se off his tinpot company for making my car unroadworthy.

I then spent half an hour watching them getting the label off my car with soap and hot water and a lot of scrubbing, accompanied by lots of apologies and suggestions that their attendant had perhaps been a little over zealous.

OK, off topic lads. But sometimes it simply isn't possible to park exactly as we purists would like.:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Chief--- wrote: »
    You should get a job with NCPS.

If I had the money he'd be working for me! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

I think sticking such notices on a side window (driver's side especially) is the norm.

Permanent adhesive for such a purpose sounds like my kind of glue. :) The obnoxious parkers might think twice the next time. Someone/something's gotta larn em.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

damaging someones car in a public place could get you in a lot of trouble, court or hospital :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

In my experience the only thing that shifts those stickers is a glass scraper and some paraffin. ;) Not that I have gotten loads of them in my life or anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Shell1234

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

they must have been on the run

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Mc Love wrote: »
    they must have been on the run

They probably had the runs if my experience of those places is anything to go by. :mad::mad::mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

bijapos wrote: »
    They probably had the runs if my experience of those places is anything to go by. :mad::mad::mad:

Don't buy the chicken wings in the evening when they've been under that heat lamp for six hours!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭iknorr

I wouldnt have to permanently stick it on there ( place it under the wiper blade) BUT if they parked there after warnings i would stick it to a side rear window. OR over the tax/insurance/nct disc holder.

EDIT:
    My justification.

i totally agree with ART6 . Sometimes its unavoidable to park in a way that would piss off other people but again these are people who park on double yellows with 2 private no parking signs and the usual no parking council signs.
    At the moment theres a bit of construction going on and no one can park there. But arriving home each night/afternoon seeing the same cars illegally parked.....causing me hassle to enter my car park which i pay for is extremely annoying.
    I have called the local traffic peeps, and they normally come clamping and towing. I dont like doing this. I know about 4 of the frequent cars are being parked by people who work in the pub right alongside where the parking is going on.

The road itself: When cars are parked illegally then only one car can pass at a time. ( normally 2 can pass). There are 2 junctions between where they park. One is a blind T junction and the other is from a one way street where anyone entering has to do a U-turn from the main one way street-then as they turn they are met with parked cars on there side of the road and must edge out to the other side of the road while doing a u-turn blindly. Countless near misses have occurred.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

1) Black 10D Mondeo parking in disabled space on level 2M in Dundrum Town Centre - no blue badge
    2) Grey van taking up two spaces at DLR Meadowbrook at peak time - Sunday morning - car park jammers with people at Mass and at the pool
    3) Red Renault MPV parked in set-down space at Balally Luas all bloody day - it was there when we went into town at 2pm, and still there when we came home at 5.30pm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement