Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

65610117.jpg
    71664447.jpg

Coonagh, Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Kramer wrote: »

Coonagh, Limerick.

WTF? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

F**k me, is there a peaked cap and uniform going with this job of spotting obnoxious parking????? In fairness though the Renault in picture 3 is probably broken down...... :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

JustinOval wrote: »
    WTF? :D

Can't you see his photos are parked in a disabled parking spot!!!!:pac:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

-Chris- wrote: »
    No problem with posting those pics, but would it be reasonable to ask that we agree that whenever we're posting a picture of an obnoxiously parked Garda vehicle (official or private) that's in the vicinity of a Garda station, we state in the post whether we brought this to the attention of someone in the station?

Easy to complain (sure, isn't that what this thread's about? :p), but it'd be nice to see some action too.
    All too often it's impossible to identify these obnoxious parkers, so all we can do is to shake our heads in confusion. Where we can identify them, wouldn't it be nice to make a bit of a difference?

I don't think that's a fair request. At least one poster here has been threatened with arrest when he complained about garda parking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

He should have got the cops number and reported him to the super.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

monument wrote: »
    I don't think that's a fair request. At least one poster here has been threatened with arrest when he complained about garda parking.

Let them arrest you then, apart for the compo you will get for wrongful arrest, the papers would have a field day with the news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Well it's a request I've made, and I expect it to be respected.

This thread is far too often being dragged off in frustrating circles as someone spots a badly parked Garda vehicle and then the "what if they were responding to an emergency/what gives them the right to park anywhere they want?" argument ensues.

It's not good for the thread and it's not good for our sanity.

The issue of people being threatened by Gardai is a larger issue of force discipline which is probably more suited to the Emergency Services forum than the Motors forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

photo3.jpg
    photo2-2.jpg
    photo1-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

photo4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Well it's a request I've made, and I expect it to be respected.

This thread is far too often being dragged off in frustrating circles as someone spots a badly parked Garda vehicle and then the "what if they were responding to an emergency/what gives them the right to park anywhere they want?" argument ensues.

It's not good for the thread and it's not good for our sanity.

The issue of people being threatened by Gardai is a larger issue of force discipline which is probably more suited to the Emergency Services forum than the Motors forum.

Fair enough. Although I'll stand by the idea that it's unfair to request people to complain to garda -- that's why we have third parties who deal with complaints against Gardai.

At the same time, I'm against people overly criticising the gardai -- hate it when people complain that they saw a garda on a mobile phone while driving or nonsense about bicycle mounted gardai on footpaths doing their jobs and doing no harm to anybody.

But as the Garda Inspectorate has said, members of the force must set an example when driving. Sure there are exceptions when there's an emergency, but going into the chip shop or Spar isn't a good enough reason.

Can I suggest that anybody who does not want to post here or complain to a Garda Station that you email your all local councillors -- I know many will think that's pointless but the Dublin Council has / is working with the Gardai to solve the problem of garda parking on the footpaths around the courts at Parkgate Street.

Also, just to be clear, I don't think there's much of an issue with Garda vehicles (or other exempted vehicles such as service vans) parking on very wide footpaths. But blocking footpaths, roads, bus and cycle lanes isn't on when there's no emergency or other overwhelming need.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

re: the parked-on traffic cone. That's something I'm guilty of myself. My landcruiser chews them up - especially the ones that people have placed on 'their' (public) parking spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Fair enough. Although I'll stand by the idea that it's unfair to request people to complain to garda -- that's why we have third parties who deal with complaints against Gardai.

At the same time, I'm against people overly criticising the gardai -- hate it when people complain that they saw a garda on a mobile phone while driving or nonsense about bicycle mounted gardai on footpaths doing their jobs and doing no harm to anybody.

But as the Garda Inspectorate has said, members of the force must set an example when driving. Sure there are exceptions when there's an emergency, but going into the chip shop or Spar isn't a good enough reason.

Can I suggest that anybody who does not want to post here or complain to a Garda Station that you email your all local councillors -- I know many will think that's pointless but the Dublin Council has / is working with the Gardai to solve the problem of garda parking on the footpaths around the courts at Parkgate Street.

Also, just to be clear, I don't think there's much of an issue with Garda vehicles (or other exempted vehicles such as service vans) parking on very wide footpaths. But blocking footpaths, roads, bus and cycle lanes isn't on when there's no emergency or other overwhelming need.

I disagree with some of your points but I won't argue here. Except to say this: there is no need to park on footpaths. If AGS, for example, want to exercise their 'exemption' let them do it on the road. That's what the road is for.

Let's move on re: Gardai please

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Move along now folks. There's nothing to see here..

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

2zi5xew.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

In fairness, its a tough car to park...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Argh!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

QuadLeo wrote: »
    2zi5xew.jpg

(before i get reefed out of it i can't remember how to just quote the pic without the whole pic in it sorry)

but on the subject of the pic: :eek::confused::confused::eek: is all i have to say

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Stingray

[IMG][/img]2103201111111.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

hdowney wrote: »
    (before i get reefed out of it i can't remember how to just quote the pic without the whole pic in it sorry)

but on the subject of the pic: :eek::confused::confused::eek: is all i have to say

Change the [IMG][/IMG] in the quote tags to

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Kramer wrote: »

That place is the one of the craziest i have seen. all the cars that I saw parked there were all out of line.

When I was there, a lady pulled up in a micra beside me too far, and then had to reverse into the space and still wasnt in the space :D

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭downey2003

that's why we have punctuation (and different spellings for different meanings) so that those of us who have an education can make sense of morons writing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

downey2003 wrote: »
    that's why we have punctuation (and different spellings for different meanings) so that those of us who have an education can make sense of morons writing!

Does the education include a Diploma in posting-on-topic-in-a-thread-I-meant-to-post in or is it just basic grammar and spelling ?

Also I challenge you on your theory that the purpose of punctuation and spelling is to allow you to make sense of moron's writing (you did notice that missed punctuation mark didn't you ?). Your excellent punctuational skills...woops there's no point in me continuing is there...

Also the parking in this thread is generally awful and I don't like bad parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭downey2003

ollaetta wrote: »
    This Lexus is parked almost every day at Harolds Cross Bridge. He's so smug that he won't be troubled by clampers or the Gardai that he tucks his wing mirrors in. He works in or owns the shop he parks outside not giving a sh*t that he's blocking the path and a cycle lane while facing against the traffic.
    So give the photo to the guards with Date and time.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭a_v525

Wow. Quoting & advising on a post thats 5 months old....

:rolleyes:

that's That's why we have punctuation (and different spellings for different meanings) so that those of us who have an education can make sense of morons morons' writing!
    So give the photo to the guards with Date date and time.

Your capitalisation is all over the place. 7/10.
    I'm not sure if "guards" is correct, it should probably be Gardai, but let's not split hairs...

I deleted your first post because it was pedantic grammar-policing. I didn't bother correcting you on-thread because I didn't want to make a big deal of it.

Now I'm making a big deal of it.

You're three posts into your time on boards.ie, two of them have been for the purpose of correcting other people's grammar.
    Please join the conversation or don't bother posting.

a_v525 wrote: »
    Wow. Quoting & advising on a post thats 5 months old....

:rolleyes:

give some leeway. the poster is new to these forums (and in the spirit of openess and whatnot yes we are related!) and doesn't know how they work properly yet. i didn't last yr thb*. i doubt the poster realises that the particular post they commented on was over 5mths old. :) they will learn. I WILL teach them :p

*tbh

Your capitalisation is all over the place. 7/10.
    I'm not sure if "guards" is correct, it should probably be Gardai, but let's not split hairs...

I deleted your first post because it was pedantic grammar-policing. I didn't bother correcting you on-thread because I didn't want to make a big deal of it.

Now I'm making a big deal of it.

You're three posts into your time on boards.ie, two of them have been for the purpose of correcting other people's grammar.
    Please join the conversation or don't bother posting.

i'm trying to explain to her how it works. not succeeding so far tbh. it's like pulling teeth (sorry!!) but i will keep at it. the grammar thing - eh she kinda does that all the time! trying to explain that on a place like here people's first language isn't always english, then you don't know if people are dyslexic or whatnot and then some people just post the way they wanna. this isn't english class. hoping she will take some of it on board

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

(Google Translate)
    Here, no parks:)

The Russians did not disintegrate. Badly parked, take the car, but how:)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lBC8cTTdtE

Car that looks like it's badly parked gets taken... by force, and with a claw, into the back of a dumper truck of some sort :D

Thought some of ye would find this funny, esp as it shows how other countries deal with bad parking :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement