Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

J
    the_syco wrote: »
    (Google Translate)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lBC8cTTdtE

Car that looks like it's badly parked gets taken... by force, and with a claw, into the back of a dumper truck of some sort :D

Thought some of ye would find this funny, esp as it shows how other countries deal with bad parking :P

That's bs, two identical cars, no number plates, something else going on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

J

That's bs, two identical cars, no number plates, something else going on here.

The roof of the white Mazda was already damaged. Something definately different here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

I think this is a Minister's car, blocking the path opposite the US Embassy, very close to Roly's - photo taken at lunch time. There was a Mondeo in front of the BMW, also on the path, with three special branch types sitting in, presumably the driver of the BMW and two others.

Lots of on-street parkings spaces available in the near vicinity, e.g. Herbert Rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

I think this is a Minister's car, blocking the path opposite the US Embassy, very close to Roly's - photo taken at lunch time. There was a Mondeo in front of the BMW, also on the path, with three special branch types sitting in, presumably the driver of the BMW and two others.

Lots of on-street parkings spaces available in the near vicinity, e.g. Herbert Rd.

It would be a shame to waste that car-friendly tactile paving and dished kerbing though. I'm sure that's why scarce tax revenue was spent on such facilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 lostwallet

Unless that picture is completely misleading theres ample room for anything to get by the inside/offside of that car.

• Advertisement

lostwallet wrote: »
    Unless that picture is completely misleading theres ample room for anything to get by the inside/offside of that car.

We've heard all the excuses and none of them works.

The example above is obnoxious parking, pure and simple. Please don't try to justify such abuse of pedestrian facilities, especially facilities provided for people with disabilities.

There is nothing misleading about the picture, as far as I can see. It appears to be a pedestrian crossing, complete with special features for people with disabilities. The National Council for the Blind specifically identifies such obnoxious parking as a significant problem, and says that "for many people who are blind or who have low levels of vision, the negotiation of unfamiliar buildings, streets or thoroughfares is an extremely stressful experience".

The Rules of the Road are unequivocal and devoid of vague subtleties in this regard. You must not park wholly or partly on a footpath, 15 metres before or 5 metres after a pedestrian crossing, or on double yellow lines. It could be argued that the car pictured above breaks all three rules simultaneously.

If this obnoxiously parked vehicle really is driven by a Garda officer, s/he should be ashamed of their laziness and lack of professionalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

Berty wrote: »
    The roof of the white Mazda was already damaged. Something definately different here.

Guy with a Mazda jacket at :33 seconds too.

First off. I was parked on Double Yellow Lines. However, I was not obnoxiously parked and if anybody in Limerick knows the spot outside Burger King, after 6:30pm of an evening is hardly obnoxious except for these numpties.

This is Coonagh. Often comes up on this thread.

Well Done Missus
    IMG_0324.jpg

TT lady comes out soon after with full trolley of stuff

IMG_0325.jpg

This lady blew me out of it so she could get passed me to abandon her car here. The Jeep(see later pictures) was blocked in by her

IMG_0326.jpg

These others arrive in their battered up car
    When they eventually wanted to leave they nearly crashed into me and the Transit(really badly parked, see below)
    IMG_0328.jpg

I didnt really want to point the camera at the Ford Transit. It was full of a "certain demographic"
    IMG_0329.jpg

They found a better spot
    IMG_0330.jpg

Somebody else
    IMG_0331.jpg

Somebody else

IMG_0333.jpg

Somebody else
    IMG_0335.jpg

This picture is pretty crazy

Im illegaly parked, Astra is illegaly parked, Chevrolet is obnoxiously parked, Focus Saloon is obnoxiously parked, Rover 200 or something is illegaly parked, BMW is facing the wrong way on a one way street, Seat is also facing the wrong way on a one way street blocking the exit, other BMW is blocking a loading door(pennys sometimes get late deliveries).

IMG_0337.jpg

Popular spaces as you can see

Click below for video

http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/quirke/?action=view&current=IMG_0336.mp4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

No, it's not. There's no 7's in the state fleet, no blues in the rear window either. Could be from an embassy, Russians have a few of these, but there's no CD plate on it. Probably just a knob. Good find though, maybe some one from the D4 Hotel needs to renew a visa...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Cartel.ie:
    Registration|05D79256
    Make|BMW
    Model|760
    Description|L I HIGH SECURITY 4DR LI 04DR A 42
    Fuel Type|PETROL
    http://www.babez.de/bmw/bmw-760-li-high-security.php
    Integrated steel armouring of the passenger cell forms the actual "shell" of BMW's High Security and Security cars.
    Not something I could see your average Joe Soap owning...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

@ Berty, what exactly do the Trafic Wardens do in Limerick, if they dont sort out stuff like that.

How long were you there?

Without one Traffic Warden comming along.

Cartel.ie:
    Registration|05D79256
    Make|BMW
    Model|760
    Fuel Type|PETROL

Wow, fascinating. Now I'm really intrigued to know who it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Cartel.ie:
    Registration|05D79256
    Make|BMW
    Model|760
    Fuel Type|PETROL

A certain individual from Limerick who has been in the national media many times in relation to criminal/gangland activities had/has armoured BMWs. His armoured/bulletproof X5 was taken by the Gardai/CAB, and there have been plenty of shots of him and his associates in similar high end cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Berty wrote: »
    First off. I was parked on Double Yellow Lines. However, I was not obnoxiously parked and if anybody in Limerick knows the spot outside Burger King, after 6:30pm of an evening is hardly obnoxious except for these numpties.

This is Coonagh. Often comes up on this thread.

Well Done Missus
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/quirke/url_0324.jpg

TT lady comes out soon after with full trolley of stuff

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/quirke/url_0325.jpg

This lady blew me out of it so she could get passed me to abandon her car here. The Jeep(see later pictures) was blocked in by her

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/quirke/url_0326.jpg

These others arrive in their battered up car
    When they eventually wanted to leave they nearly crashed into me and the Transit(really badly parked, see below)
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/quirke/url_0328.jpg

I didnt really want to point the camera at the Ford Transit. It was full of a "certain demographic"
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/quirke/url_0329.jpg

They found a better spot
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/quirke/url_0330.jpg

Somebody else
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/quirke/url_0331.jpg

Somebody else

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/quirke/url_0333.jpg

Somebody else
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/quirke/url_0335.jpg

This picture is pretty crazy

Im illegaly parked, Astra is illegaly parked, Chevrolet is obnoxiously parked, Focus Saloon is obnoxiously parked, Rover 200 or something is illegaly parked, BMW is facing the wrong way on a one way street, Seat is also facing the wrong way on a one way street blocking the exit, other BMW is blocking a loading door(pennys sometimes get late deliveries).

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/quirke/url_0337.jpg

Popular spaces as you can see

Click below for video

http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/quirke/?action=view&current=url_0336.mp4

That Arthurs Quay/Burgerking junction is not a great spot to be taking pics Berty. Some of the city's headline making groups park there on a regular basis. I often pass and see "business" of some sort taking place there, and the gardai seem to give that spot a wide berth at the best of times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

12 element wrote: »
    Guy with a Mazda jacket at :33 seconds too.

I would imagine it was damaged unsold/unregistered stock possibly flood damage.

Its generally the policy by the manufacturers that such stock be completely destroyed as they cannot stand over it if it is repaired or any parts used

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭DanWall

I do not blame people for sometimes parking using two spaces at shopping centres etc.
    They are under the regulation width and I am sick of getting my doors banged by others opening their doors. Just last week i had the paint taken of the handle because a mother left the kids in the car and they flung their door open catching mine

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    @ Berty, what exactly do the Trafic Wardens do in Limerick, if they dont sort out stuff like that.

How long were you there?

Without one Traffic Warden comming along.

You don't often see a parking warden and they only walk. They do not have vans like most councilsl. No clamping in Limerick either so no risk really.

I was there 1.5 hours. Bloody missus in Pennys and other similar shops. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I was there 1.5 hours. Bloody missus in Pennys and other similar shops. :(

I feel your pain. Wimmins just love to take their time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

DanWall wrote: »
    I do not blame people for sometimes parking using two spaces at shopping centres etc.
    They are under the regulation width and I am sick of getting my doors banged by others opening their doors. Just last week i had the paint taken of the handle because a mother left the kids in the car and they flung their door open catching mine

As already pointed out in this and others threads, if you are concerned about getting your car damaged, then don't bring it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Wow, fascinating. Now I'm really intrigued to know who it was.

Probably someone the same as you and me. A prefacelift E65 760, 5 years old, even with armour isn't worth a whole lot.
    These cars are something of a novelty for some owners/collectors.

Probably someone the same as you and me. A prefacelift E65 760, 5 years old, even with armour isn't worth a whole lot.

You and me don't get to park on the path and have our chauffeur sit in with the two guards in the Mondeo that travels with us while we have lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Or maybe someone super-important. The mega rich don't change their main cars that often either. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I seen this fool today. Imagine he reversed into the spot sideways and took 2 spots.

He got out then and the car was still their an hour later.. It was a 10 KY reg.

I passed him out later today he was doing 55 KPH on the main road..:mad:

017.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

DanWall wrote: »

If you are that worried, park at the back of the car park or if your car is that precious, wrap it in cotton wool and don't drive it.
    Maybe you could buy a banger that you don't have to care about when going to the shopping centre and it won't matter if someone wangs a door into it.
    But as for taking up two spaces?
    I personally like to park about 0.0015 mm from the driver's door of them or box them in completely.
    The only thing that makes me unhappy is when they're still there when I come back.
    Sometimes I might go for extended lunch in that case.
    Sorry, but no special exceptions for you, you are not more important than the rest of us and if that annoys you, wait.....can you hear that?......hang on....it's....the sound of the tiniest violin in the world playing "who gives a fcuk?"

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Seasoft

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I seen this fool today. Imagine he reversed into the spot sideways and took 2 spots.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm162/MALACHY1979/017.jpg

This driver may not be such a fool after all.
    The other cars will all reverse out into the main road to exit their parking spaces. This is not legal, according to the ROTR.
    I am aware of one parking zone that had similar diagonal markings and, after AGS intervention, the markings were changed.

The council could be liable if there was an accident caused by a reversing car.

Maybe the driver is aware of this....??? (I doubt it but it could be a good defence on his part).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

Seasoft wrote: »
    The other cars will all reverse out into the main road to exit their parking spaces. This is not legal, according to the ROTR.
    I am aware of one parking zone that had similar diagonal markings and, after AGS intervention, the markings were changed.

Maybe the driver is aware of this....??? (I doubt it but it could be a good defence on his part).

Whats to stop him reversing in between the lines instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Sorry, but no special exceptions for you, you are not more important than the rest of us and if that annoys you, wait.....can you hear that?......hang on....it's....the sound of the tiniest violin in the world playing "who gives a fcuk?"

Relax please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

phill106 wrote: »
    Whats to stop him reversing in between the lines instead?

Because he'll have to do a 180 to get into it, and then be driving out against the traffic when he leaves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Seasoft wrote: »

Driver was a fool. Their never has been an incident here involving cars reversing. I seen him coming down the wrong side of the island and he then reversed in to the space any old way. He gave me the two finger salute when he seen me taking his photo...:p

I was tempted to get out and tell him to say cheese for Berty parking thread..;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement