Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Lol @ Van man. I was picking something up in Dunnes Parkway in Limerick once in my van and it was Christmas. The place was choco so I stopped the van in the taxi rank to run in.

"You can't park there"
    "Where do you want me to park?"
    "In a space"
    "Won't fit"
    "Not my problem"
    "I'll only be a minute, picking up a parcel for work"
    "If you dont move on I will clamp you"
    "Show me the clamp"
    "That won't fit on my van"
    "..................................................
    ffffuuuuu.jpg"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Superquinn Sutton, about an hour ago.

Imagine being a) ignorant enough to park over an entire zebra crossing, and b) dumb enough to do it in a company van!

God forbid some angry boardsies were to e-mail the company & complain! That would totally suck for said ignoramus. :eek:

And there's even an empty 'mother & child' spot beside him - but his van was probably too long - so why should he have to park further away & walk an extra 20 feet? Screw that! Sure he'll only be a minute anyway!

The back of the carpark was practically empty, BTW.

Superquinn Sutton attracts the worst parkers in the world! its crazy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Superquinn Sutton, about an hour ago.

Imagine being a) ignorant enough to park over an entire zebra crossing, and b) dumb enough to do it in a company van!

God forbid some angry boardsies were to e-mail the company & complain! That would totally suck for said ignoramus. :eek:

And there's even an empty 'mother & child' spot beside him - but his van was probably too long - so why should he have to park further away & walk an extra 20 feet? Screw that! Sure he'll only be a minute anyway!

The back of the carpark was practically empty, BTW.

People, like yer man from Office Supplies Express, really should be more mindful when their business card is printed in large feckin lettering on their van! When the public see something ignorant they tend to remember it, in a negative way.

JHMEG wrote: »
    People, like yer man from Office Supplies Express, really should be more mindful when their business card is printed in large feckin lettering on their van! When the public see something ignorant they tend to remember it, in a negative way.

Nice NCPS sign behind the van on the wall. It would have been nicer if NCPS saw him except generally they give commercial vehicles a little more leeway(sp)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

jimoc wrote: »
    whats the address of that place he's parked in, I want to email the company and complain and need to get the facts right.

Superquinn, Sutton Cross, Sutton, D13.
    manager.sutton@superquinn.ie

Timestamp on the photo is 9:45am, 7th May 2010.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Better yet
    Just sent a mail to
    sales@officesuppliesexpress.ie
    to let them know of all the free advertising they're getting on Boards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Superquinn in Blanchardstown.

attachment.php?attachmentid=113549&stc=1&d=1273598476

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Firstly, apologies for the small size of the picture.

You might think that this car is actually going around the corner, but no, IT'S PARKED. Those are double yellow lines next to it.

The guy got out of the car and went to the shop on the corner. :rolleyes:

Badparking1.jpg?t=1273603270

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Ha! Maybe he thought that if he didn't park on the double yellow lines then it'd be ok :D

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

First in bundoran, second in ballyshannon less than an hour later this very evening:

mobilepics035.jpg
    mobilepics038.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

Drury St car park yesterday. It wasn't the only badly parked car either

druryst.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

In ballsbridge this evening, It regularly happens in this spot and it's not always Mercs, the owner of a bashed up punto thought their car was worthy of two spaces once.
    picture.php?pictureid=6235&albumid=1199&dl=1273875764&thumb

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭cc

Dazzy wrote: »
    Drury St car park yesterday. It wasn't the only badly parked car either

druryst.jpg

I think you should be charged double for taking up two spaces like that.... infuriating!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

3. Same again parked my car found a nice spot 2 free spaces either side returned to the car some fool in a transit had parked so close to my drivers side i had to get in the passenger side and climb over to get into the drivers seat. Once again loads of free spaces around.

This happened to me. Exact same thing. I left a note under his wiper, full of abuse, and telling him I'd scratched his van trying to get into my car. I didn't scratch the van but I like to think he wasted 20 minutes of his life looking for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

hoodie6029 wrote: »
    In ballsbridge this evening, It regularly happens in this spot and it's not always Mercs, the owner of a bashed up punto thought their car was worthy of two spaces once.
    picture.php?pictureid=6235&albumid=1199&dl=1273875764&thumb

Photo missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

when cars park correctly like the green Corsa four cars can park there.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

cc wrote: »
    I think you should be charged double for taking up two spaces like that.... infuriating!

Time to let the air out of two tyres so they not going anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I wonder, does anyone of these people actually see the pics and go "Wow, I really suck at parking" :D

Like these two gems, Midleton Super Valu and there is a farmers market on next door so parking places are at a premium.

113986.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 82,514 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Like these two gems, Midleton Super Valu and there is a farmers market on next door so parking places are at a premium.

Wonder who of the 3 cars caused it, my money is on the car in the far left of the picture. Guy in the Avensis has his mirror pushed in so he arrived after far left car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 willyg

No the avensis is to blame...did you not see its a D reg!!!

Wonder who of the 3 cars caused it, my money is on the car in the far left of the picture. Guy in the Avensis has his mirror pushed in so he arrived after far left car.

How wrong you can be, I pushed the mirror in to get around the back of the car to see if it had damaged the shrubs etc, and the Avensis was there first

willyg wrote: »
    No the avensis is to blame...did you not see its a D reg!!!

Why should they park correctly. Obviously being a D reg it's worth money than any other reg. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭uncle-mofo

Lads, be happy that all you have to worry about is how badly people have parked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Cpaw wrote: »
    Why didn't you just bite your tongue? You should not be annoying old people simple as. I actually felt sorry for that old woman in the car and the nerve of you to publish her reg:eek:

0h dear some one seen her polo reg big deal! who's gonna track it!

i hate old people on the road...they should be banned! their slow, unobservant and ignorant!

by mate was hit by an old man in a car...he was inside yellow lane with his bike...the old **** didnt notice him...

0h dear some one seen her polo reg big deal! who's gonna track it!

325 posts later and they are still on page 1 :rolleyes:. Rules of the motors forum dictate we can publish reg's so long as their is photographic evidence to back it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Berty wrote: »
    325 posts later and they are still on page 1 :rolleyes:. Rules of the motors forum dictate we can publish reg's so long as their is photographic evidence to back it up.

yeah i kinda only thought of that after i posted lol too lazy to read thru 325 posts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

How wrong you can be, I pushed the mirror in to get around the back of the car to see if it had damaged the shrubs etc, and the Avensis was there first

And how was he supposed to know that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭jaffa20

parkingw.jpg

Greystones tesco car park. Ok it's a minibus alright but not a bloody coach.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

jaffa20 wrote: »
    parkingw.jpg

Greystones tesco car park. Ok it's a minibus alright but not a bloody coach.

Won't fit lengthways into one spot. Driver was being considerate by not attempting to. Carpark is half empty to it doesn't really matter anyway...

I thought your issue was with the badly parked Audi tbh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement