Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I seen him coming down the wrong side of the island and he then reversed in to the space any old way.
    He came down the wrong side of the island first? :eek:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Coonagh Cross Limerick - BMW was parked on double yellow lines and virtually on a pedestrian crossing too. Loads of parking free within a few yards too....

Coonagh_Cross2.jpg&Size=500

Oh dear!

Coonagh_Cross.jpg&Size=500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Top Dog wrote: »
    He came down the wrong side of the island first? :eek:

Ya I seen him when I was passing the creamery doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

In that case .... double :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Driver was a fool. Their never has been an incident here involving cars reversing. I seen him coming down the wrong side of the island and he then reversed in to the space any old way. He gave me the two finger salute when he seen me taking his photo...:p

I was tempted to get out and tell him to say cheese for Berty parking thread..;)

What a complete arse. No matter how pissed I get at someone i'd never give them the finger, its offensive as f**k. He sounds like a right knob.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

What a complete arse. No matter how pissed I get at someone i'd never give them the finger, its offensive as f**k. He sounds like a right knob.

I know its lucky I am laidback..:D I passed him out later in the car he was only doing 55 KPH. I looked in at him and laughed..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

Oh dear!

Coonagh_Cross.jpg&Size=500

That's an insult to persons with disabilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Seasoft wrote: »
    This driver may not be such a fool after all.
    The other cars will all reverse out into the main road to exit their parking spaces. This is not legal, according to the ROTR.
    I am aware of one parking zone that had similar diagonal markings and, after AGS intervention, the markings were changed.

The council could be liable if there was an accident caused by a reversing car.

Maybe the driver is aware of this....??? (I doubt it but it could be a good defence on his part).

Not true, it is perfectly legal to reverse out of a parking bay onto a road if it's clearly safe to do so. The ROTR only says it's illegal to reverse from a road onto a major road.

SI 182/1997
    Reversing
    12. (1) Before reversing, a driver shall ensure that to so reverse would not endanger other traffic or pedestrians.

(2) A driver shall not reverse onto a major road from another road.

(3) A driver shall not reverse from a place adjacent to a public road onto a public road save where it is clear to the driver that to so reverse would not endanger other traffic or pedestrians.

That's even less justification for bad parking. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Seasoft

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Not true, it is perfectly legal to reverse out of a parking bay onto a road if it's clearly safe to do so. The ROTR only says it's illegal to reverse from a road onto a major road.

SI 182/1997

That's even less justification for bad parking. :)

I bow to your post, and will endeavour to do my homework better in future.
    Mind you, if you read my last sentence you'll realise that I actually feel the way that guy parked is truly obnoxious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Seasoft wrote: »
    I bow to your post, and will endeavour to do my homework better in future.
    Mind you, if you read my last sentence you'll realise that I actually feel the way that guy parked is truly obnoxious.
    Yep, it is indeed :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

IMAG0021.jpg
    IMAG0022.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Its up the hill alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

kbannon wrote: »
    Its up the hill alright!

That's just pure ignorance.

Wonder was he in the off licence?

gatecrash wrote: »
    Wonder was he in the off licence?
    She was!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

Should have parked behind her and gone for lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

phill106 wrote: »
    Should have parked behind her and gone for lunch.

It's not a marked space behind that car.

There WAS one there but it's been scoured away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

IMAG0021.jpg
    IMAG0022.jpg

Is that a 520D?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

LOL @ Old Woman who was reading the paper oblivious to where she was parked in the Corolla. The Astra driver is more or less parked in the entrance to the shop. I was reversing to get away from the pumps and had to avoid another car behind me parked up against the pump island.(not getting fuel of course)

Ah aul ones and the countryside life........

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

That is just tragic.
    I have a theory that people who can afford a "proper" Beemer, i.e anything 3 litre+ petrol maybe something M or 6 series or above don't behave like that.
    They don't have to prove anything to anyone and I can't say that I have ever seen rowdy behaviour on the road from one of the serious BM's.
    It's always the bottom end, cheapest, nastiest possible that tailgate, park obnoxiously, overtake through roundabouts, etc...
    They have to make up for the fact that there just wasn't enough doe to buy a real one.
    If the 5 series was available in 1.4 petrol I'm sure sales in Ireland (and nowhere else) would treble.
    Maybe we could pitch that idea to BMW? An Irish spec 5 series, 1.4 petrol, steel wheels, no aircon, windup windows, driver airbag and (at extra cost) power steering.
    It would be like Mad Max out there.
    Look At Me! I Have A BMW!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

even though i am a bmw driver i am amazed at how many beemers feature in this bad parking thread ,there seems to be a lot in what the previous poster said, a lot of arrogant people seemed to have migrated towards 5 series in particular ,with a kind of f... you attitude im here... im very important.. i can park where i like and f... the begrudgers.. parking correctly is only for the little people

That is just tragic.
    I have a theory that people who can afford a "proper" Beemer, i.e anything 3 litre+ petrol maybe something M or 6 series or above don't behave like that.
    They don't have to prove anything to anyone and I can't say that I have ever seen rowdy behaviour on the road from one of the serious BM's.
    It's always the bottom end, cheapest, nastiest possible that tailgate, park obnoxiously, overtake through roundabouts, etc...
    They have to make up for the fact that there just wasn't enough doe to buy a real one.
    If the 5 series was available in 1.4 petrol I'm sure sales in Ireland (and nowhere else) would treble.
    Maybe we could pitch that idea to BMW? An Irish spec 5 series, 1.4 petrol, steel wheels, no aircon, windup windows, driver airbag and (at extra cost) power steering.
    In fairness, I have a 525i so I don't have a proper one yet I don't park like that (I'm quite pedantic about where I park). On the flip side, I've seen loads of larger sized BMWs parked obnoxiously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

nothing wrong with a 525i, anything over 2 litre petrol plenty of poke

In fairness, I have a 525i so I don't have a proper one yet I don't park like that (I'm quite pedantic about where I park). On the flip side, I've seen loads of larger sized BMWs parked obnoxiously.

Well, at least you've broken the 2 litre barrier.:D
    Now, what about those 1.9 litre 6-series Audis?:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

neverojatnaja-parkovka-foto_51362_s__1.jpg
    neverojatnaja-parkovka-foto_51362_s__2.jpg
    The girl miraculously blocked the passage.
    Most interesting, the SUV is exactly in the middle of the tunnel from the entrance and exit from the tunnel before him to 4 meters from the front of the wall 15 centimeters, and from the back of the wall 10 centimeters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

^^^^:D, how the hell did that happen:confused:

edit: damn you page 221 now my arrows pointing up make no sense!!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

That is just tragic.

Wasnt there a picture of a 5 Litre 12 cylinder Armoured BMW 760 parked Obnoxiously on a path across raised paving a couple of pages back?

Just cause someone has the cash to buy a more obnoxious car doesnt make em less obnoxious parkers....
    (and im not even a bmw driver :p )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

bladebrew wrote: »
    ^^^^:D, how the hell did that happen:confused:

I've done this before as a joke, used car trolleys like this.

coiroCarTrolley.jpg

Jack it up, push it into place, jack it back down again. Takes less than 10mins for two lads with a good trolley jack. Alternatively use a forklift but you just damage the underside of the car.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement