Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Berty wrote: »
    LOL @ Old Woman who was reading the paper oblivious to where she was parked in the Corolla. The Astra driver is more or less parked in the entrance to the shop. I was reversing to get away from the pumps and had to avoid another car behind me parked up against the pump island.(not getting fuel of course)
    Ah aul ones and the countryside life........
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/quirke/IMG_0344.jpg
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/quirke/IMG_0343.jpg
    There should just be a live "Obnoxious Parking" feed from Newport!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

This is the square in Newcastlewest. Anybody who knows the area knows that spaces here are hard to come by and its a one way system.

Basically the guy in the Corolla arrived first(Ford 2nd, Astra last) and unlike everybody else(traffic moves from the right to the left of the picture) he drove straight into the space arseways. You MUST reverse into the space so you are facing the correct way when you want to leave.

Let's be fair this is him looking at yer wan' in the Astra as if to say "why did you go to the trouble of reversing in when you can park like a fvckface like me.

IMG_0346.jpg

This is yer man getting out of the Ford. He reversed to be fair to him but got it completely arseways. His wife got out and looked around at the angle of the car and said to him very loudly "FVCK EM"

When the girl in the Astra was reversing in he shot open his door and started waving his stick out the door shouting "Im disabled hold your fvcking horses".

IMG_0345.jpg

I love people. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Berty do you do any work!!!:p

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Berty do you do any work!!!:p

It was 10:24am and the Off License wasn't open till 10:30. NO I WASN'T BUYING BOOZE!!!

Oh yeah, you'll love this a 96 Fiesta passed me with 6 greyhounds in the back seat. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Berty wrote: »
    It was 10:24am and the Off License wasn't open till 10:30. NO I WASN'T BUYING BOOZE!!!

Oh yeah, you'll love this a 96 Fiesta passed me with 6 greyhounds in the back seat. :D

LOL. Great pics and captions in fairness I am glad you are posting in this thread again. I was getting fairly miffed looking at pics of paddy wagons...;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

101 . How to keep an 18 year old calibra clean and dent free.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

JustinOval wrote: »

That's just made my day!

Didn't know if it was a real story yesterday. Pembroke road?

Would the images taken by the van not be considered null and void considering they were taken by "illegal" means?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Yeah, according to Ian Dempsey it's real, I would have guessed it was a Photochop for the day.

http://twitter.com/#!/IanDempsey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

In the jungle, if a snake eats a rat, I'm not entirely sure who's side I'm on.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Theres only one chain comeing from the clamp. It looks like it's just put against it so I call shenanigans.

Anywho, spot the hypocrasy from people re clamping now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Tut tut :p

DSC04678.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Seasoft

5585381100_c7995849ec.jpg

5584789113_9890d5fe5f.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Neilw wrote: »
    Tut tut :p

Don't you mean putt putt?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Seasoft wrote: »
    The first car was not parked by an Irish driver, but an eastern-European.

The Merc driver was an Irish male.

Obnoxious Parking - now with added racial profiling :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Indeed. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Seasoft wrote: »
    The first car was not parked by an Irish driver, but an eastern-European.
    That changes the bad parking how?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭DanWall

If car parks were marked to the regulation width instead of cramming in as many car as possible there would be no need to take up 1 1/2 spaces to prevent my paint being knocked off, which some post do not seem to have a problem with.
    Dr.Fuzzenstien: I think you are joking but if you parked 0.015mm from me, you would probably have a flat tyre when you came back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Just as a matter of purely theoretical interest, where one or more tyres of stationary cars have spontaneously deflated, what kind of thing has led to said deflation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Just as a matter of purely theoretical interest, where one or more tyres of stationary cars have spontaneously deflated, what kind of thing has led to said deflation?

Depression perhaps?
    (the Schrader valve kind, not the mood disorder)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Was trying to get to mass on time, when I saw this beaute >_>

rlmb5s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

^^^

Feckin gobshite :mad:

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Depression perhaps?
    (the Schrader valve kind, not the mood disorder)

When I was a snot-nosed urchin, and up to innocent though very annoying mischief, the Schraders were depressed by matchsticks. Maybe some things never change...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

DanWall wrote: »
    If car parks were marked to the regulation width instead of cramming in as many car as possible there would be no need to take up 1 1/2 spaces to prevent my paint being knocked off, which some post do not seem to have a problem with.
    Dr.Fuzzenstien: I think you are joking but if you parked 0.015mm from me, you would probably have a flat tyre when you came back

Just park properly and you won't get any hassle from me or anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

24goo40.jpg

^
    Makes my blood boil. Ignorance, selfishness and an unshakeable belief that personal convenience trumps all else.

There are a few more cars in the background that seem to be parked either on the pavement or on the grass verge, though none of them as obnoxiously. Others are apparently parked on the road, legally and appropriately.

For the life of me I can't think of a single reason why anyone should feel the need to park anywhere other than in their drive or on the road. Footpath parking is an obnoxious habit that's going to be very hard to eradicate in this country...

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

Not as bad - but outside the Centra in Ferbane on Sunday.
    Guy pulled into "special needs" and managed to miss the lines of a huge space.
    Thought it was funny.
    He asked me why I was taking a photo. I told him I would make him famous.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Up in Lisburn
    1BFE0011CB494070B754D909395E9606-0000314346-0002251514-00800L-8AAA76EA9A964BFF8EDC4D5F2C891C68.jpg

6B56C6863630431F8FAFDC16B18DC2AF-0000314346-0002251513-00800L-23E49AE6F9CD4B6E8954508678006B88.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Borderfox wrote: »
    Up in Lisburn

To be fair, looking at that photograph, whoever marked that carpark seems to have forgotten that cars have doors.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement