Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Transporter.jpg

1/4 in one space, 3/4 in the other. Life is good...:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

this sort of thing drives me insane. My neighbour's friends often do this with total disregard for people with buggies or any other person wishing to use the footpath. I've often thought about asking them to move their car but I'd say I know the type of response I'd get.

But of course? Phone the local authority and request the warden to call out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

I have phoned the wardens four times over the last two weeks to report a car obstructing a footpath for at least a week longer than that. It's a 01 reg -- I'm not sure whether it might actually be abandoned.

"All the wardens are in court this week," I was told. Their admin person/manager had no information regarding what action, if any, had been taken prior to every single one of the wardens being present in court for an entire week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

All of them? All week?

Did you inform them that they had an obligation to provide a safe environment for all and to ask the council engineers to erect notices saying the footpath was closed and what diversion was created? etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭downey2003

mbiking123 wrote: »
    ref all the clamped cars

Did the owners have to pay for parking in this area ? Is it a free parking area ?

If they were on double yellows, there's no question of them paying,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    "All the wardens are in court this week," I was told. Their admin person/manager had no information regarding what action, if any, had been taken prior to every single one of the wardens being present in court for an entire week.
    This sounds like they're just trying to get rid of you. How can all the wardens be in court all week? Courts normally start at 10.30 or 11.00, so they should have some time before that? Are their really traffic cases involving all the wardens every day?

Try to escalate this to a senior manager or a councillor to see if you like a fire under them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

snubbleste wrote: »
    All of them? All week?

Did you inform them that they had an obligation to provide a safe environment for all and to ask the council engineers to erect notices saying the footpath was closed and what diversion was created? etc.

This sounds like they're just trying to get rid of you. How can all the wardens be in court all week? Courts normally start at 10.30 or 11.00, so they should have some time before that? Are their really traffic cases involving all the wardens every day?

Try to escalate this to a senior manager or a councillor to see if you like a fire under them.

I reckon I was being fobbed off, but I can't prove it of course. It's highly implausible that every single warden has to be in court every day when the court is sitting.

The Councillors are useless (not least because several of them are obnoxious parkers themselves!). Senior managers don't care, and regularly make excuses for obnoxious/illegal parking and their failure to control/deter it. I continue to chip away at their edifice of non-accountability, but it's a slow and wearisome process with little success to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

First three shots show a number of cars blocking up the 'kiss-and-ride' set down area at Windy Arbour Luas stop - no sign of any of the drivers for the few minutes that I was there.

4th shot shows the little Fiat 850 driven by the tall manager of Centra Ballinteer taking up two spaces outside his own shop - some classy consideration for his customers there. As you can see from the dry areas underneath the car, it was there for quite some time.

Last shot shows a Dalkia van parked in the middle of road at Balally Luas stop during morning rush hour. I've seen it there a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Seasoft

Example 1:
    Parked in disabled area, no permit, lots of available spaces a few metres away. After 10 mins returned with an ice-cream cone.
    5605725008_f2c0fdf879.jpg

Example 2:
    Selfishly overlapping the neighbouring bay.
    5605143811_c02de5c45a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Those spaces are tiny, no wondering its overlapping in the second example. If they parked in the space they couldn't open the door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭DanWall

DanWall wrote: »
    If car parks were marked to the regulation width instead of cramming in as many car as possible there would be no need to take up 1 1/2 spaces to prevent my paint being knocked off, which some post do not seem to have a problem with.

Which adds to my previous comment, I am sick of getting my door marked and that I have no problem using 1 1/2 bays because the spaces are not regulation width

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Which adds to my previous comment, I am sick of getting my door marked and that I have no problem using 1 1/2 bays because the spaces are not regulation width

Stop talking to yourself.....

If you can't / won't park properly, then don't drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

I just dont know.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Those spaces are tiny, no wondering its overlapping in the second example. If they parked in the space they couldn't open the door.
    If only there were some free spaces in the car park so that they could have parked without hitting the next car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

I just dont know.

Sure there`s a book in the way, you can`t expect her to hit it, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

What is this regulation width and under which regulation is it stipulated ?

According to the Irish Parking Association there are only recommended minimum widths.

Direct link as its too big....

http://i.imgur.com/GJlLS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17 schwegil

Direct link as its too big....

http://i.imgur.com/GJlLS.jpg

hell's yea... thats how i'd be parking wouldn't want a scratch on that...... on another note, like the layout of the markings as it has a bit of width on each side clearly marked out.. not too often you see them in regular spaces

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

schwegil wrote: »
    on another note, like the layout of the markings as it has a bit of width on each side clearly marked out.. not too often you see them in regular spaces
    Not too often you see it in Ireland but very often in the US, where I think that picture was taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

toyota1.jpg

toyota2.jpg

If it looks like it is very close to the bench, it is because it is butted right up against it..

No wonder the back bumper bares the battle scars of previous parking attempts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Slidey wrote: »
    If it looks like it is very close to the bench, it is because it is butted right up against it..
    No wonder the back bumper bares the battle scars of previous parking attempts

Jaysus as fancy a car it is with I`m sure parking sensors they(she) still could`nt park it, lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

lewis wrote: »
    Jaysus as fancy a car it is with I`m sure parking sensors they(she) still could`nt park it, lol

Their dont look to be sensors on the back bumper but thats no excuse. That Avensis looks to be a very top of the range model with the chrome on the bottom of the doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Avensis = Fancy!?! :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Avensis = Fancy!?! :eek::eek::eek:

Well as Avensis`s go its fancy.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Check the white line under the car. Not even parked within the space either.

Probably full of muck and hay in the car as well. :D

Saw an Avensis in Kilcolgan yesterday with 1 bale of hay in the boot propped open, two bales on the outside of the boot leaning against the window and 4/6 bales in the back seat sticking out the windows. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Berty wrote: »
    Check the white line under the car. Not even parked within the space either.
    That was my main reason for taking the pic.

Was in Strandhill and the place was choc-a-bloc, even more so with the several poorly parked cars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

This lad's a beaut...

155397.jpg

It takes effort to be that much of a tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

I dont know whether to laugh or cry at that A4, the mind boggles, it really does....:eek::eek::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I think the driver is afraid to park over the disabled marks on the ground so thinks the hashed markings in the centre is the safest area. Ironically it is the WORST area to park.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I think its great that the mentally disabled are allowed to drive!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement