Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

-Chris- wrote: »
    This lad's a beaut...

155397.jpg

It takes effort to be that much of a tool.

no i just think he is really handicapped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Chris, did you genuinely go to the effort of composing a panoramic photo to emphasise his numptyness? Class! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

langdang wrote: »
    Chris, did you genuinely go to the effort of composing a panoramic photo to emphasise his numptyness? Class! :D

I wanted to make the pic a bit smaller so it would load quicker, and didn't see the need for acres of tarmac, but if the happy coincidence is that it looks superwidescreen and emphasises his idiocy, that's fine with me!! :P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

slimjimmc wrote: »
    What is this regulation width and under which regulation is it stipulated ?

According to the Irish Parking Association there are only recommended minimum widths.
    Actually, some councils dictate sizes for car parks in their development plans.

http://www.dublincity.ie/development_plan/15.pdf
    15.35.8 Design Criteria

The car parking standards in Table 15.1 and the associated circulation and manoeuvring space must be provided within the curtilage of the building, clear of the carriageways and footways, whether public or private, giving access to the premises. The basic dimensions required for the layout of car parking areas are as follows:
    • Short term parking bays (for shopping centres particularly) shall be 2.5 metres wide by 4.75 metres in length. In no instance shall a width of less than 2.4 metres be accepted, even for long term (office blocks) parking spaces.
    • Parking bay widths for disabled persons will be a minimum of 3.0 metres wide by 4.75 metres long. The number of spaces to be provided will be determined by the Planning Authority in accordance with Building Regulations (Part M) and any other relevant guidelines.
    • Recommended aisle widths:

Parking Angle Preferred Width
    90° 7m (two-way aisle)
    90° 6m (one-way aisle)
    80° 5.25m (one-way aisle)
    70° 4.7m (one-way aisle)
    60° 4.2m (one-way aisle)
    50° 3.8m (one-way aisle)
    45° 3.6m (one-way aisle)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

These are some examples of the idiot parking during the U21 Cork V Kerry Munster Final.

The first guy is full on the path at the entrance to the estate
    and the second gentlemen is one of two cars from Tarrants of Banteer which were obnoxiously parked.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 theofficepest2

Typical A4 driver

imag0056s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I woulsn't quite call that obnoxious parking with that A4, it's just sloppy.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Don't you love it?

BUSY BUSY car park.

IMG_0365.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

This lad's a beaut...

155397.jpg

Ballybrack, Tesco, Churchview Road.. that car park is rarely full, it has a big reserve to the side of the store.

If you pan back on Google Earth, the opposite side of that stretch is a yellow stripe delivery area. That entire strip is the only part of the car park, where it is painfully obvious that it is off limits to 'normal cars'.

googleearthimagen.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭bernyh

IMG_0489.jpg

• Advertisement

above was a very busy Newbridge house today with no other spaces at all in the carpark, now I know it's a nice car and all but that's just obnoxious on such a busy day, as I was in my wee micra I was considering trying to squeeze in on the left, but lost the bottle... lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

155709.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

:D:D:D

stobar10.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭conneem-TT

bernyh wrote: »
    above was a very busy Newbridge house today with no other spaces at all in the carpark, now I know it's a nice car and all but that's just obnoxious on such a busy day, as I was in my wee micra I was considering trying to squeeze in on the left, but lost the bottle... lol!

The car on the right is right up to the white line if the Porsche had parked in the space fully they would have not been able to get out of the car :)

conneem-TT wrote: »
    The car on the right is right up to the white line if the Porsche had parked in the space fully they would have not been able to get out of the car :)

The car on the right only pulled into the space in front of us... I think that may have been their aim cos the porsche was parked ar**ways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Typical A4 driver

imag0056s.jpg

Isn't that where management park in that particular company ;)

Thread cleaned up

Just for the record any person has the right to request that a picture of their property is removed from this thread. That's it, no big conspiracy so can we drop it now? Otherwise this thread will come to a shuddering halt

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Seasoft

A little different from the usual.
    This is a two vehicle bay. The bike is parked slap bang in the centre, leaving no room to safely park either side (unless you own a Smart car, or another motorcycle).
    5638420000_56d3474a78.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Seasoft wrote: »
    A little different from the usual.
    This is a two vehicle bay. The bike is parked slap bang in the centre, leaving no room to safely park either side (unless you own a Smart car, or another motorcycle).
    5638420000_56d3474a78.jpg

Yes but with "most" pictures posted here unless you post a picture of the bike actually being parked here (in motion) who knows what vehicles were parked adjacent to the bike when he actually parked there.

Same with cars parked slightly over a car park space. They may have squeezed into the available space between two "obnoxiously parked" cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 PittmanTraffic

iknorr wrote: »
    found these http://www.pittman.ie/Products/Permanent-Adhesive-Warning-Sticker-Please-refrain-(250roll)__753700.aspx

exactly what im looking for but there a bit expensive!

anyone know where i can get them cheaper?

if i get some ill be posting pics with stickers on the cars...

edit...also found these http://linton.stores.yahoo.net/wachflgr.html

Hi,

We have taken your advice on board and have dropped the price of the Roll of 250 stickers from €69 ex VAT to €49.50 ex VAT. At this price you will still receive free shipping!

http://www.pittman.ie/Products/Permanent-Adhesive-Warning-Sticker-Please-refrain-(250roll)__753700.aspx

Hope this helps with those awful drivers in your area!

Regards,
    Pittman Traffic

• Advertisement

Hi,

We have taken your advice on board and have dropped the price of the Roll of 250 stickers from €69 ex VAT to €49.50 ex VAT. At this price you will still receive free shipping!

http://www.pittman.ie/Products/Permanent-Adhesive-Warning-Sticker-Please-refrain-(250roll)__753700.aspx

Hope this helps with those awful drivers in your area!

Regards,
    Pittman Traffic

Just say somebody put one of those stickers on my car and it marked the paint, where legally do I stand? Assuming I know who placed the sticker on my car, can I chase them for damages? Or can a Guard prosecute for criminal damage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

You can sue the person for damages. You would most likely win.

A Garda could prosecute for criminal damage but they would more than likely fob you off with "It is a civil matter, sir."

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Onkle wrote: »
    Just say somebody keyed on my car and it marked the paint, where legally do I stand? Assuming I know who keyed my car, can I chase them for damages? Or can a Guard prosecute for criminal damage?
    No difference really I would imagine!
    Its intentional damage when you look at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Agreed.

But getting a criminal prosecution going would be difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

This lad's a beaut...

155397.jpg

LOL............I didn't know Stevie Wonder could drive!!!?? If I was a disabled person(which I am)pulling in to one of those car park spaces, I would make the effort to park so close to the car that the passenger door is is right up beside his driver's door!! And I would get someone to do the same on the other side! Fcuking idiot. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Saw a beaut today if only I had brought my camera with me. Was in UL and there was a felt spec Bora (debadged of course) that had parked over 2 spaces (more in one than the other) only for a 206 to park right up next to the drivers door.

I was there when the fool came back - was pretty funny when he couldnt get in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

My dad was tried and found guilty in Bray last week, I can't comment on his parking without any evidence, but the note would suggest it was very poor attempt (parallel, but not quite parallel enough).

IMAG0150.jpg

At least they went to the trouble of signing it. :D

Chief--- wrote: »
    Yes but with "most" pictures posted here unless you post a picture of the bike actually being parked here (in motion) who knows what vehicles were parked adjacent to the bike when he actually parked there.

Same with cars parked slightly over a car park space. They may have squeezed into the available space between two "obnoxiously parked" cars.

Agreed

I was third in line of 3 badly parked cars, myself and the middle car were parked badly due to the first car that had parked. I then returned to my van to find a very rude note on my car calling me all the names under the sun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Dunnes Stores in Bishopstown, Cork.

The car park was full but Mr. new Yaris decides he needs two spots..

016.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Obviously someone's into their car, but then if they enjoy cars, why buy a Yaris?? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement