Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Dunnes Stores in Bishopstown, Cork.

The car park was full but Mr. new Yaris decides he needs two spots..

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm162/MALACHY1979/016.jpg

That's some fupping ariel ;)

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭DanWall

My old car had a door that looked corrugated due to people banging doors against it, my new car has an indent in the door already, if we all parked wider, maybe they would make parking spaces wider. Some on this thread seem to think it is OK to bang doors because they said to leave the car at home.
    I am not condoning the way the Yaris is parked, if he parked against the curb, he would have a nice space on the driver’s side and no one on the passenger side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

• Registered Users Posts: 30,236 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

bray2.jpg

car park in Bray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

JustinOval wrote: »

LOL. Those Red Honda Integra drivers are useless.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Clerys in Sandyford today. Hard to know who to blame - the Beamer and/or the Megane

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

(On the assumption there were no other cars there when they parked) they are both ignorant - they both had room to park within a full parking space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I think this thread is doing a fine job as it is, thanks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Blanking out regs is hardly naming & shaming:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Clerys in Sandyford today. Hard to know who to blame - the Beamer and/or the Megane

No one to 'blame' there, just equally selfish and stupid drivers! Both had the option to park correctly in one spot, regardless of the position of the other, and neither took it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

2011-04-25%2014.36.15.jpg

today in crumlin not one but two disabled parking spaces :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

This missus just couldnt be bothered. She was happily reversing into the BMW and when I mentioned it more or less blamed the size of the space for her crashing into the BMW. Bloody old women!! She just abandoned it in the end, came back and continued backing into the BMW before she left.

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

In time, when drivers nearly fighting for every inch of parking today in Farmleigh,Phoenix park, that driver decided, that he needs more space than others.

25042011242-1.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

bluefinger wrote: »
    2011-04-25%2014.36.15.jpg

today in crumlin not one but two disabled parking spaces :eek:

Should be towed to an impound at least 30 km away, made to wait for at least two hours there, E150 for towing, E150 impound fee, E100 hourly fee, and be made to fill out a massive mountain of paperwork, made to show passport and driving licence (haven't got it on you? come back when you do), "sorry, we seem to have lost your car, it was sent to Dublin and crushed" and have "WANKER" spray-painted on the bonnet, boot and sides.
    For starters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

probably easier to break his legs so he needs a space....save paperwork...

(not a serious suggestion.....)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

Parkway retail park over the weekend
    23r49ll.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Three from Rathmines this afternoon

Speed camera van blocking the cycle path and partly on the footpath.
    rathmines26-10-2011 003.jpg

Lexus was parked here for at least 20 mins, parked in a clearway in the wrong direction. Where the Golf is driving there is usually a queue of cars for the lights to go down Kenilworth Road, it means anyone driving into Rathmines had to wait till the traffic had passed. And yes, that is Rathmines Garda station across the road.

rathmines26-10-2011 004.jpg

Upr Rathmines Rd. And this woman just drove up on the kerb, hit the hazards and left it there to go into Centra. Not only could she see that there was plenty of parking 50-80m ahead of her, she could also have reversed into the space behind her. She managed to block the sight line of anyone coming out of Francfort Ave (barely visible on the right) but also narrowed the road so that two cars couldn't pass together. She was in no rush into the shop either. Lazy and obnoxious.

Sorry, pics are crap quality, bad camera phone.

rathmines26-10-2011 005.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

phill106 wrote: »
    Parkway retail park over the weekend

That place is always the same... the local demographic isn't the best either though.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Berty wrote: »
    IMG_0385.jpg

Typical white van driver! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Patrick85

Tallon wrote: »
    155709.jpg

Freking love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Came across this peach yesterday,
    At the side of the Tipperary Credit Union, which at the best of times is a reasonably thin stretch for 2 cars,
    This was holding up cars really nicely whenever they had the audacity to try and drive past each other on this spot
    DSC00018.jpg
    DSC00017.jpg

Bear in mind the photo taken from the front, is me standing in the large open are used for..............wait for it...............parking cars!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Work last week..

img06966092913.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Killinator wrote: »
    Came across this peach yesterday,
    At the side of the Tipperary Credit Union, which at the best of times is a reasonably thin stretch for 2 cars,
    This was holding up cars really nicely whenever they had the audacity to try and drive past each other on this spot

Bear in mind the photo taken from the front, is me standing in the large open are used for..............wait for it...............parking cars!

Blonde? Hairdresser? Probably thought you where the paps and waved to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

Here is a common occurrence at the (notorious) taxi rank on O'Connell Street. It's by no means the worst example I have come across, but it effectively reduces the street to one lane.

156900.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Two lads sitting in a Hyundai something or other today outside Dundalk, sitting half on the kerb and grass, half on the road on an 80kph stretch, arms stretched out on the windows enjoying the sun. This is a road where each side of it is the width of the car.

Had to effectively stop behind them to allow for oncoming traffic, blew them out of the ignorant *****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Two lads sitting in a Hyundai something or other today outside Dundalk, sitting half on the kerb and grass, half on the road on an 80kph stretch, arms stretched out on the windows enjoying the sun. This is a road where each side of it is the width of the car.

Had to effectively stop behind them to allow for oncoming traffic, blew them out of the ignorant *****.

This isn't necessarily obnoxious parking. I was in a similar situation, but I was the one sitting in the car. I moved the car as far into the grass as I could. I couldn't move it anywhere else as it had broken down and was waiting for someone to come help. Cars whizzed by beeping the hell out of us, all we could do was keep the flashers on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Came off the sliproad at Blanch today onto the M50, white van sitting on the Hatch between the motorway and the two slip roads... Idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

lil_lisa wrote: »
    This isn't necessarily obnoxious parking. I was in a similar situation, but I was the one sitting in the car. I moved the car as far into the grass as I could. I couldn't move it anywhere else as it had broken down and was waiting for someone to come help. Cars whizzed by beeping the hell out of us, all we could do was keep the flashers on!

These chaps weren't broken down, I wanted to make sure. They were outside a run down property where people are always stopping and gawking. Theres also several estates within 50 metres to pull in. Also no hazzards.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement