Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

funny-picture-1301817565.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

So did he reverse all the way up along the inside of the railings?

I was wondering that too, it's a long way to reverse along a narrow and busy path!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭911s

Outside hospital, oblivious to zig-zag lines, pedestrian crossing, traffic cones and virtually empty car park less than 30m away (although it costs 1.50/hr)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

911s wrote: »
    Outside hospital, oblivious to zig-zag lines, pedestrian crossing, traffic cones and virtually empty car park less than 30m away (although it costs 1.50/hr)

One of those twunts mentioned occasionally on Boards. Any sign at all of enforcement in action? A €40+ fine, or better still a tow-away, would be nice.

• Advertisement

Mentioned it to reception / security but just shrugged it off (Galway Clinic). Not sure if it's hospital property or public road at this place. Next day (no camera) all the double yellow lines were 'full' so some people were very upset having to park in adjacent car park. Saw a genuine blue badge holder parking some distance away in pay car park as all disabled spots were full, including two signwritten tradesmans vans!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Mentioned it to reception / security but just shrugged it off (Galway Clinic). Not sure if it's hospital property or public road at this place. Next day (no camera) all the double yellow lines were 'full' so some people were very upset having to park in adjacent car park. Saw a genuine blue badge holder parking some distance away in pay car park as all disabled spots were full, including two signwritten tradesmans vans!

But sure the disabled driver cannot park on the double yellow lines so why shouldn't they have to park in the car park?

Sorry Berty, you may have misread my post. My second point being that due to lack of enforcement two vans (not displaying disabled badges) had parked in the limited number of disabled only spaces adjacent to the door forcing a genuine disabled badge holder to park some distance away in the pay car park.

Saw a genuine blue badge holder parking some distance away in pay car park as all disabled spots were full, including two signwritten tradesmans vans!
    Sorry Berty, you may have misread my post. My second point being that due to lack of enforcement two vans (not displaying disabled badges) had parked in the limited number of disabled only spaces adjacent to the door forcing a genuine disabled badge holder to park some distance away in the pay car park.

I didn't misread it. You obviously didn't make yourself clear.

I think if you read your original post you say that a blue badge holder "including two signwritten tradesmans vans" had to park in a pay car park.

I now know what you meant to say but you didn't actually say it originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Berty wrote: »
    I didn't misread it. You obviously didn't make yourself clear.

I think if you read your original post you say that a blue badge holder "including two signwritten tradesmans vans" had to park in a pay car park.

I now know what you meant to say but you didn't actually say it originally.

I read his original post and I understood what he was saying, his later clarification in response to your arrogant comments didn't change my interpretation of what he was saying.

• Advertisement

coylemj wrote: »
    I read his original post and I understood what he was saying, his later clarification in response to your arrogant comments didn't change my interpretation of what he was saying.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Arrogant.............................:confused:

No worries :) . I must admit it reads that way. From your previous contributions to this thread I initially thought you were defending tradesmen's vans parking in disabled spaces. I'm afraid this is one thing I feel very strongly about, due to the fact that my late father was offered a disabled permit and refused it as he thought other people needed the spaces more than him, and it was only when he literally coudn't walk more than 20-30 metres that he finally agreed to use the permit. It makes my blood boil when I see perfectly healthy people using these spaces, normally driving an upmarket car or luxury 4x4.
    One person I had a word with at a disabled space told me they had to park there as the spaces are wider and their car (new RR Sport) won't get damaged. I was tempted to prove their theory wrong with my steel toecaps , but resisted the urge.

Meh, the primary care team in Limerick offered my missus a temporary disabled permit but we shot that one down straight away. She does not need one and hopefully never will.

When Leinster were playing Munster Limerick was full of Jackeens(mostly) and this guy was parked in his expensive SUV in a disabled space right next to my regular space. My missus was gone ages(superquinn) so when he got out I said "you know thats a disabled space" to get a "I have two infant kids, disabled space / parent and child spaces WHATS THE DIFFERENCE(in a raised voice)?" You just cannot bother with these people.

Best park as close as possible to them so they cannot get in or out.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A tight sqeeze, but Every Little Helps

tesco1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

some of the pics in this are stupid, people are going to park where its convienient for them like that tesco truck, probably delivering to the house right there to deliver the shopping, hes hardly 1. going to park in the middle of the road, go fin parking hundreds of metres away to deliver shopping when he'll only be there for 2 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

shblob wrote: »
    some of the pics in this are stupid, people are going to park where its convienient for them like that tesco truck, probably delivering to the house right there to deliver the shopping, hes hardly 1. going to park in the middle of the road, go fin parking hundreds of metres away to deliver shopping when he'll only be there for 2 mins

What is your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

The-Rigger wrote: »
    What is your point?

Necessary obnoxious parking probably

shblob wrote: »

Hundreds of metres? Let's not exaggerate. I think I see what may be a left turn a few metres further up. Why not park in there (off the busier main road?) and leave the footpath for the pedestrians. IMO if such obnoxious parking is "necessary" then it should be done on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Berty wrote: »
    Meh, the primary care team in Limerick offered my missus a temporary disabled permit but we shot that one down straight away. She does not need one and hopefully never will.

When Leinster were playing Munster Limerick was full of Jackeens(mostly) and this guy was parked in his expensive SUV in a disabled space right next to my regular space. My missus was gone ages(superquinn) so when he got out I said "you know thats a disabled space" to get a "I have two infant kids, disabled space / parent and child spaces WHATS THE DIFFERENCE(in a raised voice)?" You just cannot bother with these people.

Best park as close as possible to them so they cannot get in or out.

Berty, I think you are being very unfair. He clearly suffers from a mental or personality disability and cannot comprehend adult behaviour.

Marcusm wrote: »
    Berty, I think you are being very unfair. He clearly suffers from a mental or personality disability and cannot comprehend adult behaviour.

I think it was probably more of the southside accent, 2011 Lexus SUV and Ralph Lauren Sleeveless Puffy Jacket coupled with his arrogance about where he was parked that showed him in a stereotypical light. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    One of those twunts mentioned occasionally on Boards. Any sign at all of enforcement in action? A €40+ fine, or better still a tow-away, would be nice.

Who would that be, then?

I know that you have an indy-media like fascination with the Gardai, and I assume that that is who you are refering too. However, I'm pretty sure that that isn't one of their cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

Is it just a trick on the eyes in the pic of the Tesco van or is there plenty of room for a buggy/wheelchair to use the footpath ?

If so I don't have a problem with that in the real world if he's making a delivery.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Reloc8 wrote: »
    Is it just a trick on the eyes in the pic of the Tesco van or is there plenty of room for a buggy/wheelchair to use the footpath ?

If so I don't have a problem with that in the real world if he's making a delivery.
    No room for a buggy & a wheelchair wouldn't have had a hope. The driver side wheels are almost touching the kerb even.

Fey! wrote: »
    Who would that be, then?

I know that you have an indy-media like fascination with the Gardai, and I assume that that is who you are refering too. However, I'm pretty sure that that isn't one of their cars.

I'm not "refering too" anybody in particular. A twunt is a twunt. And it's the word "twunt" that appears occasionally on Boards.

The anti-Indymedia snobbery also occasionally seen on Boards is risible, IMO. As if Boards were some sort of special club reserved for people endowed with wisdom, authority and rational thinking.

Reloc8 wrote: »

It doesn't look to me as if there is any room for a buggy, double buggy, wheelchair or even two pedestrians walking side-by-side.

In any case, it's not the driver's privilege to decide that. Parking on the footpath is completely illegal as well as being obnoxious. If the driver absolutely has to make a delivery in that spot then the place to park is on the road IMO. All the excuses made for such "necessary" parking can then be applied without having to force pedestrians, children, senior citizens, visually impaired people and people in wheelchairs to compromise for the sake of accommodating motorised traffic, which by its very nature belongs on the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I dont see the fuss about the Tesco van. What would happen if he could not get a parking spot that suited everyone and the little old lady dies of starvation because she cannot get her groceries????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Lads this thread was started as a bit of fun, it's not here to be anybody's personal soapbox. It's quickly becoming a thorn in the side of the mods so just take it as it is please, a bit of fun

renzufang1952871.jpg

2275008725_8a1f944cee_o.jpg

bmw_petrol_hose_big.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭a_v525

ah... americans. the definition of the term "obnoxious"

• Advertisement

Or fun.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement