Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Tragedy wrote: »
    After having ~€1,600 damage done to my car in a car park by one careless prick, I honestly do sympathise.

That must have been some shopping trolley, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Tragedy wrote: »
    After having ~€1,600 damage done to my car in a car park by one careless prick, I honestly do sympathise.

Rubbish.... His/her car is no more deserving of more space than anyone elses.

My 8er has been hit by another car in a CP but that comes with the territory.

If the Golf keeps parking like that its sadly intentional damage he'll be on the receiving end of.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭but43r

157805.jpg
    Beside Aldi in a middle of the day. The car park was half empty too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It's the same in any Aldi or Lidl. They would nearly drive into the shop to get those cheap jaffa cakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

My pics from today...

This guy's just your run of the mill selfish parker:

157806.jpg

This one's much worse though. I was sitting in the jeep and she parallel parked into the "space" in front of me. That's all fine except that space is actually the entrance to the parking lot of an apartment block.
    I'd been watching cars come and go the whole time until this idiot parked her car across the entrance, locked it and walked away...

157807.jpg

157808.jpg

The mind boggles... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 theofficepest2

Onkle wrote: »
    Isn't that where management park in that particular company ;)

He wishes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,489 ✭✭✭Damien360

Chris. You are taking an awful lot of that path where you parked in the landcruiser. Should have taken a picture of the jeep for this thread. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

-Chris- wrote: »
    This one's much worse though. I was sitting in the jeep and she parallel parked into the "space" in front of me. That's all fine except that space is actually the entrance to the parking lot of an apartment block.
    I'd been watching cars come and go the whole time until this idiot parked her car across the entrance, locked it and walked away...
    157808.jpg

The little yellow circle combined with the Dublin reg suggests to me that its a Hertz rental, and quite possibly a foreigner driving - hence not familiar with the area?

Not defending it, but (based on your photos) there are no signs in place to tell anyone that the entrance is in use during the day. Not on the road, wall or gates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

joolsveer wrote: »
    Blanchardstown Shopping Centre today

Sorry I got the lamp standard coming from the roof of the Golf. I blame the lack of quality on my phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭generalmental

Could be one of these people that parks in a semi-uniform way, hoping other people will join in and park alongside.

My god you dont no how true that is,, i work in a place were a national event happens and its my job to guide the parkers to a space to park.
    while i do this i try to park them in a certain way as to make it easy for them,cause its a hell hole to get out of. but once one of the sheep strays the rest just fall in line and leave the sheperd very confused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Top Dog wrote: »
    The little yellow circle combined with the Dublin reg suggests to me that its a Hertz rental, and quite possibly a foreigner driving - hence not familiar with the area?

Not defending it, but (based on your photos) there are no signs in place to tell anyone that the entrance is in use during the day. Not on the road, wall or gates.

That looks like Oranmore in Co Galway and right next to a school. I'm sure the residents are no stranger to people obnoxiously parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Damien360 wrote: »
    Chris. You are taking an awful lot of that path where you parked in the landcruiser. Should have taken a picture of the jeep for this thread. :D

LMFAO!! :pac::pac: Well spotted!

It's obviously an entrance judging by the gate and kerbs. You don't need a sign or to be familiar with the area to let you know that, tourist or no tourist. I'm not familiar with that area, doesn't mean I can park the bloody car wherever I want. Its obnoxious plain and simple.

I was wondering if anyone would spot that. In my defence, I left ample room for anyone to walk on the footpath (three abreast) including folding in my Dumbo-ear wing mirrors, and I never left the jeep so I could have moved it at any time if I was inconveniencing anyone... :o:D

She looked quite Irish to me, collecting her kid from the school.

My guess would be that her main car is in for service/bodywork and this is her replacement car...

It's possible, but quite unlikely unless the person is particularly oblivious imho.

Berty wrote: »
    That looks like Oranmore in Co Galway and right next to a school. I'm sure the residents are no stranger to people obnoxiously parking.

Spot on! You've been everywhere Berty!!! :D

Spot on! You've been everywhere Berty!!! :D

I was only there today actually muttering about the amount of traffic. Supposed to be a shortcut FFS!!

I get around. I wish it was more sexually than geographically though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Don't worry I have one of that particular Jeep :pac:

I can be banned from here now so I better use it wisely :o

Onkle wrote: »
    I can be banned from here now so I better use it wisely :o

Mwahahahahaha...

*rubs hands together*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

04-WH-2405.jpg?t=1304724535

Seems like an everyday housing estate problem really.

Also it is Communion and Confirmation season so expect it to get worse.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

157807.jpg

Would you not just step out and point out that she's parked in front of an entrance? Surely the inconvenience and disruption to the garage users is more important that a few pics on the internet?

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Would you not just step out and point out that she's parked in front of an entrance? Surely the inconvenience and disruption to the garage users is more important that a few pics on the internet?

Probably...

*shrugs*

• Advertisement

We wouldn't have gotten any pictures then would we.................

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    04-WH-2405.jpg?t=1304724535

am going to assume that the car may or may not belong to the occupant of the house who's gate is just to the right. if it was my house and some spanner parked like that there would be problems. they would be preventing me from getting in and out my gate properly.

tis like at my friends house. complete randoms visiting other people in the neighbourhood frequently park across his driveway preventing members of his family (or myself) from parking there, and once or twice some tool has even parked across the driveway whilst there was a car in said driveway. well tool if it is ever my car god help you!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Eh how's a pedestrian supposed to navigate with that contraption obstructing movement on the footpath? I like the way they moved the wing mirror inwards as if that made a difference.

that's to protect their precious wing mirror not to give a tiny bit of room to pedestrians!

It was registered in 2004. Everybody was rich back then. Very likely auto fold mirrors in that case. :D

Most people driving toureag are actually toe rags anyway. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

hdowney wrote: »
    am going to assume that the car may or may not belong to the occupant of the house who's gate is just to the right. if it was my house and some spanner parked like that there would be problems. they would be preventing me from getting in and out my gate properly.

tis like at my friends house. complete randoms visiting other people in the neighbourhood frequently park across his driveway preventing members of his family (or myself) from parking there, and once or twice some tool has even parked across the driveway whilst there was a car in said driveway. well tool if it is ever my car god help you!

What gate :confused:. That's a wooden railing and that pier is only 5 bricks high and no taller than the wheel of the car. I do agree that it's absolutely scandalous though, those hedges should be trimmed back to the boundary instead of taking up 1/4 of the footpath :D

eh that looks like a pillar with a gate attached as an entrance to someones garden to me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

hdowney wrote: »
    eh that looks like a pillar with a gate attached as an entrance to someones garden to me
    I can see how the gap in the shrubbery makes you think that. However it's a fence consisting of brick pillars with a 2x4" timber railing painted black and slotted into an opening in each pillar. It's a very common boundary around these parts, I'm looking out at the same setup right now.

The pillar is just over 5 bricks high which is 385mm (15") high. If that's a gate, which I don't believe it is, then it's an exceptionally low one.

Obnoxious as parking on the footpath is at least it's not blocking an entrance.

fair enough. ur from there (wherever there is!!!) and i am not so ur more likely to know the setup. round here it would be a gate entrance, and yes you would have them with pillars that low! maddeningly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Daniel S

phill106 wrote: »
    Parkway retail park over the weekend
    http://i54.tinypic.com/23r49ll.jpg

Sorry for quoting a big image, but this guy's quite smart, he knew not to park in the disabled or kids space. :cool:

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement