Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

mtb_kng wrote: »
    Sorry for quoting a big image, but this guy's quite smart, he knew not to park in the disabled or kids space. :cool:

:D

Change the image tags to URL!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭280special

Have noticed Taxi drivers parked having a chat in disabled spaces several times in Dundalk. Mostly down near the Cathedral in the middle of the town, not sure what it is called?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

A few recent snaps...

Superquinn Lucan
    IMAG0065.jpg

Orchard Garden Centre (Celbridge)
    IMAG0070.jpg

Boucher Rd Belfast (does the car excuse the crap parking?)
    IMAG0066.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

In Kilkenny on Thursday, this car park fills up very quickly. she arrived as I did and just left it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

I wonder how many people do that to stop their car from being doored?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

In the car park in work, your better off not parking like that as you just attract buggys and trolleys trying to cross through the cars between you and the next car.

All the staff where I work park at the furthers point from the door and we all park in a line with minimal space between each car.

Works...... except for X-mas week whe the car park is full.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

kbannon wrote: »
    A few recent snaps...

Boucher Rd Belfast (does the car excuse the crap parking?)
    IMAG0066.jpg

Yes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

!!

and just for effect :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Koenigsegg CCXR and Lamborghini Murcielago SuperVeloce that belong to the new owner of Harrods, Qatari's ruling family, were clamped in front of the famous store in London. Onlookers booed the wardens as they attached the yellow clamps.

clamped_supercars_01.jpg

clamped_supercars_02.jpg

clamped_supercars_03.jpg

clamped_supercars_04.jpg

clamped_supercars_05.jpg

clamped_supercars_06.jpg

clamped_supercars_07.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I hope they did not damage those cars. It would be a big fail for the council.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Onkle wrote: »
    Lads this thread was started as a bit of fun, it's not here to be anybody's personal soapbox. It's quickly becoming a thorn in the side of the mods so just take it as it is please, a bit of fun

It's not really fun tbh when you're trying to negotiate past the cars on footpaths(when you're a wheelchair user), or when you're trying to find a suitable accessible car parking space in shopping centres, when some lazy ****er decides to park across a spot, just like that gold Yaris.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

slimjimmc wrote: »
    What gate :confused:. That's a wooden railing and that pier is only 5 bricks high and no taller than the wheel of the car. I do agree that it's absolutely scandalous though, those hedges should be trimmed back to the boundary instead of taking up 1/4 of the footpath :D

That's one for the Obnoxious Gardening thread! :)

Retracting the wing-mirrors makes it OK, of course. Put the hazards on as well, and the driver is fit for sainthood. :rolleyes:

It wasn't a housing estate, it was a busy through-road road in a residential area. Not during holy communion or confirmation season either, although I'm sure that particular form of ostentatious god-bothering is yet another special dispensation for the obnoxious parkers. :P

Tallon wrote: »
    Koenigsegg CCXR and Lamborghini Murcielago SuperVeloce that belong to the new owner of Harrods, Qatari's ruling family, were clamped in front of the famous store in London. Onlookers booed the wardens as they attached the yellow clamps.

http://mail.acidcow.com/pics/20100802/clamped_supercars_01.jpg

http://mail.acidcow.com/pics/20100802/clamped_supercars_07.jpg

OT, what's with the matching colours? Malaga FC or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

It's not really fun tbh when you're trying to negotiate past the cars on footpaths(when you're a wheelchair user), or when you're trying to find a suitable accessible car parking space in shopping centres, when some lazy ****er decides to park across a spot, just like that gold Yaris.

*shrugs shoulders*

Ranting and raving is that way tbh->>>>>>

This thread was created for a bit of fun, if you want something else, i suggest you go elsewhere.

*Also shrugs own shoulders*

I think this thread is continuing pretty much as it started actually.

06-LD-705.jpg?t=1304942753

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Iwannahurl wrote: »

A twofer, nice. The yoke on the far side is the same.

Someone else can add the "typical xxxxx driver" comment to this one, as appropriate. :)

05-D-87318.jpg?t=1304944069

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I saw a crazy parking situation today but couldnt stop to take a picture otherwise I would have been a hypocrate.(sp)

You see on the left of the road. Between the lights and the direction sign there was a JJ Kavanaghs Coach. All the wheels were on the footpath. You had no chance of getting passed it on either side of it.

Why? It was because another coach was parked in the actual drop off for the hotel. Stupid driver was just being lazy by not parking elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

*shrugs shoulders*

Ranting and raving is that way tbh->>>>>>

This thread was created for a bit of fun, if you want something else, i suggest you go elsewhere.

Tbh it's not fun when it's happening to you. Apologies if I'm a bit of a party-pooper, but I do have a point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

This kind of park boils my nuts, forcing people and especially people with prams out onto the road, the roads are dangerous enough as they are, we don`t need to be on the road walking into traffic!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

What I was saying is this isn't really the place to get the issues resolved though. This thread can't be used as a soapbox, I would urge any user who encounters these parking problems where they live to get onto their local authority.

I'm not a Mod here anymore but I just answered aeeing as it was directed at me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Stillorgan Bowl on Sunday for a kids party - car park is usually fairly busy - blue polo in the corner chose the spot with yellow hatched markings, presumably because of the ESB substation beside it. I have some sympathy for the CashCow driver, given that the one beside them is over the line.

What's wrong in the first two pictures? Is the polo parked on hatchings or something? I don't know the area so cant make it out.

Lads and lasses, far be it from me to engage in back-seat modding, but please don't quote pix or you'll get (us) into trouble.

In general the way to do it is simply to manually replace and tags with URL and /URL respectively when quoting a post.

However, I have noticed that when I first quote a post the images appear, not the tags. Therefore it seems I have to post my response with the images imbedded first, then go back and edit my own post to change the tags from IMG to URL. That's a bit laborious, and is making it more likely that people will quote images.

Can anybody suggest a fix? Or am I doing something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

-Chris- wrote: »
    This one's much worse though. I was sitting in the jeep and she parallel parked into the "space" in front of me. That's all fine except that space is actually the entrance to the parking lot of an apartment block.
    I'd been watching cars come and go the whole time until this idiot parked her car across the entrance, locked it and walked away...

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/138758/157807.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/138758/157808.jpg

The mind boggles... :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    I wonder
    a) can the occupants of the place get the car towed
    b) hit the car to make the alarm go off
    c) move it themselves by turning off the handbrake, and pushing it out?
    Can anybody suggest a fix? Or am I doing something wrong?
    Goto http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions and next to "Message Editor Interface" click the "Enhanced Interface" option. You'll then see it all in text when editing. There used to be a button as well to change it whilst doing the message at the top right hand corner, but that is gone from the Cloud theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Spotted this beaut in Limerick:

bad_parking_001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Merbhp

VW in Aldi, sorry Lidl !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

tesco coonagh carpark limerick

tesco coonagh carpark limerick

That car park is nuts for bad parking. BTW I always park in front of the old gate into the old building site. No white lines. Chances of somebody opening that door anytime soon. NIL :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

Berty wrote: »
    That car park is nuts for bad parking. BTW I always park in front of the old gate into the old building site. No white lines. Chances of somebody opening that door anytime soon. NIL :D

i know i could take a photo there every time im down there but i have to hand pick the best ones :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement