Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Mum with five children, including one in a buggy, had to squeeze past this selfish ignorant gobsh:te on a busy street just after the schools closed.

The driver returned as I was taking photos. A local businessman, whose premises were being obstructed, gently ticked the driver off for his lack of consideration. It so happens that the businessman is a quiet sort and was born in another European country. The driver's response: "We're in Ireland now. Nobody's going to do anything." The same proud Gael stuck his tongue out at me as he drove off!

07-D-62332.jpg?t=1305220284

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Mum with five children, including one in a buggy, had to squeeze past this selfish ignorant gobsh:te on a busy street just after the schools closed.

The driver returned as I was taking photos. A local businessman, whose premises were being obstructed, gently ticked the driver off for his lack of consideration. It so happens that the businessman is a quiet sort and was born in another European country. The driver's response: "We're in Ireland now. Nobody's going to do anything." The same proud Gael stuck his tongue out at me as he drove off!

07-D-62332.jpg?t=1305220284

Where`s the parking cops when you need them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

medicsie wrote: »

First thought: Jaysus she doesn't know how long her own car is. Hah!

Then I saw who got out. I am suitably ashamed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

lewis wrote: »

Where they mostly are: Deli counter at the local Centra.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Dartz wrote: »
    First thought: Jaysus she doesn't know how long her own car is. Hah!

Then I saw who got out. I am suitably ashamed.

Why, was it you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

medicsie wrote: »

I'm always amazed when events like this happen and someone "just happens" to be pointing a video camera in the right direction at the right time.

I call shenanigans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

-Chris- wrote: »
    I'm always amazed when events like this happen and someone "just happens" to be pointing a video camera in the right direction at the right time.

I call shenanigans.
    Really? I disagree.

It's clear they guy was driving before the camera man started filming, and it looks like it's filmed from a balcony, so possibly the guy was in his own house with camera near by

Also, you're forgetting, people are idiots!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭McGrath5

The joys of the Rathfarnham shopping centre car park.

img0216cg.jpg

img0215mh.jpg

and another fine example.....

img0210fc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The joys of the Rathfarnham shopping centre car park.

a

b

and another fine example.....

c

I will only ever go there if I absolutely have to. Shocking car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

h3000 wrote: »
    +1 I'd guess handbrake fail
    Yip
    Someone pushed it back..saw it on my way home

158698.jpg

• Advertisement

Good Samaritans :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tallon wrote: »
    Good Samaritans :)

Yes given the current lock down in Dublin it could have become victim to a controlled explosion, not a bad thing for an obnoxious parker :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i355/Iwannahurl/07-D-62332.jpg?t=1305220284

Someone done this today while I was walking down the road, pulled up facing me and blocked the path not leaving enough space for me to get by or to go out on a busy road with my one year old in her buggy... I pushed past the car, while the owner was still in it and caused some damage to his paintwork with my buggy... no qualms about it, I looked straight at him while I was pushing past and he didn't even bother getting out of his car while I was doing it.

January wrote: »
    Someone done this today while I was walking down the road, pulled up facing me and blocked the path not leaving enough space for me to get by or to go out on a busy road with my one year old in her buggy... I pushed past the car, while the owner was still in it and caused some damage to his paintwork with my buggy... no qualms about it, I looked straight at him while I was pushing past and he didn't even bother getting out of his car while I was doing it.

That`s the way to do it....

That`s the way to do it....
    Criminal damage? Yeah, thats the way to do it :rolleyes:

WTF!

Are you ****in me?

So you think a parent with a child should walk out into the road and risk there lives just cause your man does`nt want to use a car park?
    What ever damage is caused by people trying to get by his car, its his fault!
    Roll your eyes all ya want....remember he`s in the wrong, not us!

WTF!

Are you ****in me?

So you think a parent with a child should walk out into the road and risk there lives just cause your man does`nt want to use a car park?
    Eh sorry, damaging a car on purpose is criminal damage, no matter what colour you paint it.

What's wrong with asking the chap to move?

Also, did I say he should have went on the road?

WTF!

Are you ****in me?

Eh sorry, damaging a car on purpose is criminal damage, no matter what colour you paint it.

Drop it everybody. Less rant more pics.

Since he`s already there, do you think he`s going to move?

I doubt it.

This ain`t a rant man, can we not have a chat about what we see?

Pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I will only ever go there if I absolutely have to. Shocking car park.

Its unreal. The only partially safe place to park there is near the garden centre. Park on the main area near tesco and expect to have a dent in your car when you return. I have seen so many shunts and hits in that car park from people reversing out.

Its unreal. The only partially safe place to park there is near the garden centre. Park on the main area near tesco and expect to have a dent in your car when you return. I have seen so many shunts and hits in that car park from people reversing out.

Criminals, the lot of them.

Since he`s already there, do you think he`s going to move?

I doubt it.

This ain`t a rant man, can we not have a chat about what we see?

You can chat about what you see. But when that chat turns to advocating people to damage cars in their way. It crosses the line.

PM if you wish to respond.

Pass.
    Criminals, the lot of them.

Quit the messing or you'll be banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Quit the messing or you'll be banned.
    I mean NO disrespect but I used a similar line in class today and had to laugh at it :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Another gem from Tymon. This one had to be seen to be believed.

tymonparkin2.jpg

tymonparkin3.jpg

I dont even understand the circumstances as to how they would park like that. They completely blocked ones of the ways around the carpark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭scoobymunster

I love this thread, some people have been playing to much GTA me thinks, its one thing not parking rightly in between the lines but thats a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭jetpack101

jd wrote: »
    Whitehall Church. I'm not sure what is going in here! Is he deliberately blocking someone in?

158599.jpg

158600.jpg

Thats another crash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭dell1211

Allot of people would know Northwood gym, basically a huge gym with a small car park which sees loads of people having to spend ages trying to get a parking space. This was taken at 5.30pm(approaching peak time) yesterday evening. Gob****es car was still like this when I came back an hour later and the car park was about 85% full at that stage

fGfuSiDp.jpg|http://thumbsnap.com/fGfuSiDp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

dell1211 wrote: »
    Allot of people would know Northwood gym, basically a huge gym with a small car park which sees loads of people having to spend ages trying to get a parking space.

A bit OT but I always thought it was funny at the amount of people who drive to a gym, do exercise and then drive home. A lot of members live within jogging/walking/cycling distance of the gym, but still insist on driving there and spending ages looking for a parking place. :rolleyes: I was only a member of a gym for a year and usually ran or cycled the 3km there, a lot of people thought that was strange.

Reminds me of this......

only_in_america.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭dell1211

bijapos wrote: »
    A bit OT but I always thought it was funny at the amount of people who drive to a gym, do exercise and then drive home. A lot of members live within jogging/walking/cycling distance of the gym, but still insist on driving there and spending ages looking for a parking place. :rolleyes: I was only a member of a gym for a year and usually ran or cycled the 3km there, a lot of people thought that was strange.

Reminds me of this......

true but in my case i go to a gym between my work and home and the gym is 20ks from my home(via the M1) so not really an option

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement