Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Crescent shopping centre, at just before 12:00 o' clock, before most stores have opened,

Heres a twofer, note the vast mass of land that is empty parking space, but still.........

DSC00020.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Seasoft

As you can see, the guy blocking the crossing by parking fully on the path is not there on urgent business - he's eating and drinking his lunch.
    5726291382_aa0a1e08b5.jpg

You can see the Guards approach, there were two of them.
    5726294066_0ea67d6749.jpg

In fairness, they did ask him to leave. Mustn't have upset him too much though as he just went round the corner and back up on the footpath again.
    5725740955_f958f31743.jpg

To crown it all, there is a large car-park just across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

I really really never wanted to post on this thread, but you guys drove me to it.

Anyway here is my feeble contribution: Two lanes on a Friday at rush-hour, Cork Northside ring road. The poor lad ruined his trailer and couldn't drive up or reverse into the traffic..

One word describes this situation "Checkmate".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

CarMuppet wrote: »
    I really really never wanted to post on this thread, but you guys drove me to it.

Anyway here is my feeble contribution: Two lanes on a Friday at rush-hour, Cork Northside ring road. The poor lad ruined his trailer and couldn't drive up or reverse into the traffic..

One word describes this situation "Checkmate".

Well, sure he messed up, but if anybody behind him would have had just a wee bit of clue, they would have made space, so that he could get out of the way and traffic could be flowing again. Instead everybody thinks only of themselves.

/M

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Marlow wrote: »
    Well, sure he messed up, but if anybody behind him would have had just a wee bit of clue, they would have made space, so that he could get out of the way and traffic could be flowing again. Instead everybody thinks only of themselves.

/M

+1

While people mess up, the people behind them often don't give enoufe room so the problem can be corrected and everybody can move on, they just try to get out of there as quick as they can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

No pic I'm afraid as I was moving at 100kmph at the time but a muppet from the Garda Traffic Corp parked his jeep on the South Ring this afternoon. He was parked on the Kinsale Roundabout flyover heading towards Douglas, where there is 3 lanes and no hard shoulder so he was completely blocking one lane of the road. And where do you think he parks? Just over the crest of the hill so he doesn't become visible until a car is 20 yards form him travelling at 100kmph. Idiot. He caused a jeep towing a trailer to swerve dangeroulsy into the middle lane narrowly missing another car and forcing me to brake hard in the outside lane as I was about to pass them both.

They were obviously doing some security checks (or possibly having lunch) as there was another traffic corp jeep directly across the road on the other carriage way but at least there is a hard shoulder there where he was parked. You would think the Traffic Corp would know better. Could so easily have caused a multiple car pile up. Why oh why couldn't he have parked 20 yards away at the top of the hill where he would have been visible from half a mile away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Something similar as well I saw, I was getting onto the motorway last week and the entrance lane verse to the left, curving downhill, you`d be hitting this at 50-60KPH, so just as I`m about to slap her into 5th gear I see a cop car and Mr. Blue with his head and his speed gun sticking out the window, the entrance road ain`t the widest and he sure as hell did`nt squeeze him self to the side, I had to move over the yellow line just on the muck, to avoid him, which slows me down to about 30KPH, entering traffic that`s going 120KPH PLUS.
    There`s cop`s speed check points every mile or so as you get onto the motorway.
    I think half of them came of off Father Ted...

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭C4Kid

Ludo wrote: »
    No pic I'm afraid as I was moving at 100kmph at the time but a muppet from the Garda Traffic Corp parked his jeep on the South Ring this afternoon. He was parked on the Kinsale Roundabout flyover heading towards Douglas, where there is 3 lanes and no hard shoulder so he was completely blocking one lane of the road. And where do you think he parks? Just over the crest of the hill so he doesn't become visible until a car is 20 yards form him travelling at 100kmph. Idiot. He caused a jeep towing a trailer to swerve dangeroulsy into the middle lane narrowly missing another car and forcing me to brake hard in the outside lane as I was about to pass them both.

They were obviously doing some security checks (or possibly having lunch) as there was another traffic corp jeep directly across the road on the other carriage way but at least there is a hard shoulder there where he was parked. You would think the Traffic Corp would know better. Could so easily have caused a multiple car pile up. Why oh why couldn't he have parked 20 yards away at the top of the hill where he would have been visible from half a mile away?

There's a grand view of the city when You reach the top of the flyover !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Taking up 3 and a bit spaces - the neighbours will be glad to see it sold :pac:

Full?id=6329273

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/caravans/2143119

No - its not mine, nor anyone I know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 HumpM

I saw something similar too but on the other side of the carriageway at night a cop car after pulling a car on the overtaking lane just over the brow just lucky no one was in that lane as their would really be no time to stop unlike the other side theirs a huge run off area they could have pulled in .

Some people may know centra in bishopstown

This fella thought it was fair enough to double park to post a letter and spend a while looking at the times on the box

cen.jpg

Cars parked on the double yellows across from the shop never changes makes a dodgy spot even more dangerous

cen2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

03-D-68133b.jpg?t=1305585406

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Thats shocking - look where someone parked that buggy ;)

kbannon wrote: »
    Thats shocking - look where someone parked that buggy ;)

But but but, I didn't want to get me shooze muddeh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Is that Knocknacarra? Good chance that it belonged to whoevers house it was parked outside. Nothing will ever be done about it in Galway, as the local authority just don't care, and there are too few Gardai to cover the city properly to make parking a priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Fey! wrote: »
    Is that Knocknacarra? Good chance that it belonged to whoevers house it was parked outside. Nothing will ever be done about it in Galway, as the local authority just don't care, and there are too few Gardai to cover the city properly to make parking a priority.

there is a twattin garda car speedin past the obnoxious parker! gardai (sp?) will never do nowt about that kinda thing. there was a row of them parked up on the footpath the other day, so my mam goes into the copshop and says it to the beángarda, her response 'we only deal with criminal matters'!! i'll remember that when one of them tries to give me a ticket for something!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

:D:pac:

image0856.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭downey2003

lewis wrote: »
    Where`s the parking cops when you need them?

What parking cops? :confused: When I asked, politely, a lady guard what I should do about a person parking completely on the footpath, she told me to complain to the local council. They (the guards) only deal with "criminal law"!:eek::mad::mad::eek:
    I brought this up with a local councillor, and his response was to say he would mention it at the next jpc meeting!
    Perhaps I'll try it when I get done for speeding:D:D:D

Careful. Many if not most traffic regulations fall under criminal law, AFAIK.

"We only deal with criminal matters" -- I like that. Must add it to my growing list of quotes on the topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Denisejcc wrote: »

image0856.jpg

INNOCENT!

/coat

"But officer, I really am Innocent!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Tallon wrote: »
    INNOCENT!

/coat
    Ha ha you got the joke, top marks to you! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

image0856.jpg

Jesus first bad parking, now there robbing people`s grass...lol

Maybe it's wheatgrass...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Been on the phone for a while, JC's my local supermarket here in Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

230385_10150607707755176_805400175_18821260_2724024_n.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

These were taken within 15 minutes of each other, got a warm fuzzy feeling when I saw them because I was dying to post something in this thread :D

7bc4b.jpg

And 15 minutes later...

97292.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

parking.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

B37BB65FC27F4620B4B65D9B7BB3F442-0000316522-0002329678-00500L-8E95BA91C71D4CE5A468F893F3E49EA5.jpg

9F2FA039E19B491686222295F7C69D79-0000316522-0002329677-00500L-DC27A94D1CBD4A0FAB161D03BB19074C.jpg

8CC702998AAF47618587EC6F5DB1178B-0000316522-0002329676-00800L-DD75E7E2BF8A4F0EA6165C9470AEAB61.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ahem! :pac:

159782.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dontclickonthis

2dse2ya.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement