Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

slinky2000 wrote: »
    another from Limerick...

bad_parking_007.jpg

I just noticed the 5 series in the background on the left is also parked arse-ways, and the van on the right is over the rear line!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

tbf, that looks like a shít layout of a car park

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Today in Fairview. Judging by the front wheel someone saw this before me. :)

May302011009.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Tallon wrote: »
    tbf, that looks like a shít layout of a car park

And they CLAMP. One of the only places in Limerick City they actually clamp. Terrible layout. Lunch time is ajoke in this place. Some spaces around the other side says 10 minutes only, others say 40 minutes and some say BOI(Bank of Ireland) on the ground. Clampers love the fact people are oblivious to this and clamp like there is no tomorrow.

There was a petition recently to the retailers to ask them to stop the clamping because it puts people off visiting the place. Honestly, there is a chinese restaurant upstairs. 40 minutes parking and you get clamped. Fvck that!!! :mad:

Anyway, its right next to the University of Limerick and the students used to park there all day, such is the clampers excuse. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Berty wrote: »
    And they CLAMP. One of the only places in Limerick City they actually clamp. Terrible layout. Lunch time is ajoke in this place. Some spaces around the other side says 10 minutes only, others say 40 minutes and some say BOI(Bank of Ireland) on the ground. Clampers love the fact people are oblivious to this and clamp like there is no tomorrow.

There was a petition recently to the retailers to ask them to stop the clamping because it puts people off visiting the place. Honestly, there is a chinese restaurant upstairs. 40 minutes parking and you get clamped. Fvck that!!! :mad:

Anyway, its right next to the University of Limerick and the students used to park there all day, such is the clampers excuse. :mad:

Sure clamping is annoying, and maybe the layout and signage isn't great, but in the end (oh god, here we go again) if people abide by the rules, they won't get clamped.
    Not only do I support clamping in Limerick (because the place is a JOKE), but I would also say the penalty should reflect the offence.
    No more than half an hour/45 minutes over? Shouldn't get clamped.
    More than an hour over, taking the piss, clamped.
    Taking two spaces? Taking the piss on the double, TWO clamps (yes and twice the fee)
    Parking on a disabled space? Car towed and at least two hours of nothing but hassle, abuse and paperwork to get it back, plus several hundred euros fine.
    And doubly so again for taking up more than one disabled space with added scratched paintwork plus innocent look, shrug of the shoulders and "was like that when it got here"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Paul101

Where is that picture taken with the wheel clamped? It can't be in Limerick City public streets as the City Council do not clamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

No more than half an hour/45 minutes over? Shouldn't get clamped.

Sign says 40 minutes in that place. So let's say I head upstairs to the Chinese and have a nice meal with my partner and come out with a clamp on my car. Fair, I don't think so. The parking spaces are provided for customers. I'm still a customer even If I don't stuff my face, skip dessert and pay as soon as the fork drops from my hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

RangeR wrote: »
    Eurospar, Naas, Kilcullen end, Rear Car Park, in front of Emergancy Exit. Need I say more?
    10.jpg
    "BANG!"
    RangeR wrote: »
    AIB, Blanchardstown, Westen end, just beside entrance and ATM. Why do people always insist
    on parking on the hatch? There are plenty of parking spaces.
    04.jpg
    Cash-in-transit vans come in all sorts of shapes and sizes these days. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Tallaght hospital. Taxi in two disabled spaces at A&E

Hope you don't mind Mr Presetable but that picture annoyed me so much, have a thing about people pr*cks who park in disabled spots (have a relative with a blue badge) that I forwarded it onto the taxi regulator. Got an e-mail today informing me that the driver in question has been spoken too, hopefully it might make them think twice before they do it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

10-D-14198.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Seasoft

Iwannahurl wrote: »

Is that a continuous white line down the centre of the road? Parking is illegal if cars cannot pass without crossing the line, surely.

Parking where there is a continuous white line is illegal, as is parking on the footpath.

So double FCN in order, I would suggest, to penalise the two offences and encourage a bit of cop-on.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

Look at this dogs tool in Dunshaughlin last night. Parked right across the pedestrian crossing!!

IMG-20110601-00100.jpg
    IMG-20110601-00101.jpg
    Meath-20110601-00102.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

And right opposite the Garda station too :o

He/she was prob in there on a "producer" aswell :pac:

Dub XV wrote: »
    And right opposite the Garda station too :o

He/she was prob in there on a "producer" aswell :pac:

Some posters in this thread have an amazing eye for detail -- nothing escapes them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,501 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

jjmcclure wrote: »
    Look at this dogs tool in Dunshaughlin last night. Parked right across the pedestrian crossing!!

never mind the van, look at the poor swirly child :eek:
    I bet all the other kids pick on her in school for being different :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I must be on some trip, the kids in that pic are all swirly. :)

EDIT Damn cookie monster :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Paul101 wrote: »
    Where is that picture taken with the wheel clamped? It can't be in Limerick City public streets as the City Council do not clamp.

It's Dublin. Fairview.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Not the sharpest picture quality,
    Note its parked across a space, theres a space to the left of the red Mondeo and another space out of shot just to the left,
    But hey, you can park anywhere as long as you'll only be a 'minute'.
    DSC00020-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Subtle, but effective...

161489.jpg

I was behind him as he pulled in. It's the nearest empty space to the front door.

He reversed straight in, no second try or worries that he's being an arse.

Grrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

You should of squeezed into the space beside him :)

He was only a few feet in front of me as I walked into the shop, so if I had parked behind him I'd have trapped him in the car.

(come to think of it, that would have made a much funnier picture...)

I took this as I was on my way out. Maybe next time :P:D

-Chris- wrote: »
    I took this as I was on my way out. Maybe next time :P:D

?

I walked into the shop behind him (so I couldn't park beside his car, I'd have blocked him in).

He stayed longer than I did, so I walked out on my own, taking the photo as I walked back to my car.

Maybe next time I see parking like this I'll park closer.

-Chris- wrote: »
    I walked into the shop behind him (so I couldn't park beside his car, I'd have blocked him in).

He stayed longer than I did, so I walked out on my own, taking the photo as I walked back to my car.

Maybe next time I see parking like this I'll park closer.

ohh,I thought you were gonna post another pic for some reason!You know well he parked like that cause of the learner driver

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

Everyone in this office complex knows parking is at a high premium which makes this even more pig ignorant.
    Parking2-1.jpg
    Parking1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

ohh,I thought you were gonna post another pic for some reason!You know well he parked like that cause of the learner driver

.... because the driver is a c0ckmuncher

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

Not observed by myself, but I thought some of the posters in here might enjoy this story of revenge
    parkrevenge.jpg
    Diners take revenge on asshat parker

Matt Hardigree — Parking sideways across three parking spaces in your Ford Expedition may make you feel like a real man, but what happens when a couple of Reddit users decide to legally park in the two open spaces on either side of you? Revenge as sweet as a Bloomin' Onion.
    Here are the details from Mcbanjo:

We saw him, he was probably in his early 30's. He freaked out and was on his phone for a good 10 minutes pacing around the area. He actually called the restaurant to let them know he was parked in. Both vehicles are legally parked, and the parking lot was pretty much full when he pulled in.

The redditor who posted the image wanted to make sure people know he wasn't at the Outback Steakhouse but at the restaurant across the street from the Outback Steakhouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Brilliant! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

love it:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement