Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Here's a really well parked Toyota in the car park for Dunnes Stores in Dundalk last Sunday :rolleyes:

I never realised that a Corolla was so big it needed two spaces .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

ninja 12 wrote: »
    Here's a really well parked Toyota in the car park for Dunnes Stores in Dundalk last Sunday :rolleyes:

I never realised that a Corolla was so big it needed two spaces .

techniocally it doesnt have two spaces as the cars either side have nicked a bit extra too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭marious

corktina wrote: »
    techniocally it doesnt have two spaces as the cars either side have nicked a bit extra too...
    you don't know who was first...but have to say if it was me I wouldn't park like that even in this case :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

chasm wrote: »
    picture.php?albumid=1210&pictureid=6278

moar pics of the Hummer plz :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

thebullkf wrote: »
    if i had an expensive car i'd park across 2 spots....absolutely.

i see some sh1t buckets about the place and the total disregard for other cars is appalling.

some car park spots are tiny,esp ones that have pillars

btw if i caught someone letting the airs outta my tyres i'd kick the bollix outta them.---man OR woman...none of that "....never hit a girl.." codswallop:rolleyes:

There is a special kind of payback for that kind of person :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

There is a special kind of payback for that kind of person :p

just as long as i don't catch ya:D

Its called a valve remover, try pumping em back up then!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭a_v525

Childers road parking is a disgrace!! Theres ample parking, as its one of the few retail parks in the country with ample parking for all customers!!!

Whats more of a discrace & whats deterring people from parking correctly is the stupid one-way system they introduced at Xmas & never got rid of!!!!!!
    I admit it was a good way of keeping car flow managable at Xmas but its just stupid now when all spaces beyond the bollards are empty & then you have those clowns parking on kerbs 'cuz they cant get to the other side of the bollards unless they do a big circle around the carpark, & then when they want to leave theyve to drive all the way down to argos & then out again by Dunnes because they dont open the exit by argos anymore!!!

Whenever I'm there I just drive right through the bollards, none of that ring-around-the-rosy sh!te by doing an entire lap of the carpark just to exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

thebullkf wrote: »
    just as long as i don't catch ya:D
    Its called a valve remover, try pumping em back up then!

How old are you two, 12? If anyone's that worried about their car then they might be more relaxed leaving it at home.

Anan1 wrote: »
    How old are you two, 12? If anyone's that worried about their car then they might be more relaxed leaving it at home.

To whom are you referring as it is very unclear!

• Advertisement

Wow that was a quick edit job...

Exactly but if anyone is dumb enough to park across two spaces then....

Exactly but if anyone is dumb enough to park across two spaces then....
    Just because someone is stupid & selfish enough to park across two spaces in a public car park doesn't give you the right to steal their valve inserts. Although if you do manage to squash in beside them then I suppose that's fair enough..

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Two more beauties here

05052010274.jpg
    08042010262.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

They are both epic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭marious

I'll bet ya drivers would be pretty old people over 70 thinking that they're so old that nobody should question anything they do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

marious wrote: »
    you don't know who was first...but have to say if it was me I wouldn't park like that even in this case :)

nor would I! I wouldnt show myself up to park so crassly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

Look at this goon - parked in a yellow box, and also within 3 metres of traffic lights.

And no, I didn't use my camera while driving - I was stopped waiting for the train gates on Baldoyle Road to go up. And even though his window is down, he was parked & in the shop for the duration of my wait. And another thing that irks me, is spas who can't straighten their wheel after they park. Especially SUVs on a tight road.

That yellow box is for people coming out of 'Moyclare' while the train gates are down, or else people turning right into it: if, for example, I had been turning right into Moyclare, I would have been waiting in that box for a break in oncoming traffic, and he would have been blocking all of the cars behind me from passing on the inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

He is, in fact, parked in a cycle lane and not the yellow box which is actually much worse.

I saw a Motorbike Garda give out stink to a driver stopped in a yellow box on Henry St Limerick yesterday evening. She was completely oblivious to the Garda beeping the horn right next to her drivers door. He blipped the(whatever the sound makes) his siren and she barely noticed and moved over into the extremely busy bus lane which really p*ssed him off.

Look at this fag -
    Look at you, banned for a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

To be honest, I am glad I don't bring my camera with me in the car - because I would spend half my time taking pictures.

The amount of bad parking out there is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭a_v525

Look at you, banned for a week.

Ah come on now, he didnt mean it in spite, I'd have said the same thing about that "goon"..... Anyone who parks so ignoranty deserves to be called worse things

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Careful, or you'll be next :)

a_v525 wrote: »
    Ah come on now, he didnt mean it in spite, I'd have said the same thing about that "goon"..... Anyone who parks so ignoranty deserves to be called worse things
    I've zero sympathy for the person who parked the car, but that doesn't excuse the use of a term that most decent people (straight & gay) find highly offensive. FWIW, I lifted the ban following an exchange of PMs, but we can't allow the use of terms that would make any group of boardsies feel unwelcome here. This goes for sexism, racism, and basically any other form of bigotry too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

I've zero sympathy for the person who parked the car, but that doesn't excuse the use of a term that most decent people (straight & gay) find highly offensive. FWIW, I lifted the ban following an exchange of PMs, but we can't allow the use of terms that would make any group of boardsies feel unwelcome here. This goes for sexism, racism, and basically any other form of bigotry too.

Don't forget the 'spa' term too, which is fairly offensive to many people (as well as being incredibly juvinile).

Don't forget the 'spa' term too, which is fairly offensive to many people (as well as being incredibly juvinile).
    That's what the 'report post' button is for, we can't see everything.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I think we have a winner!
    B&Q Liffey Valley 30 mins ago, 4 spaces used.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

GreeBo wrote: »
    B&Q Liffey Valley 30 mins ago, 6 spaces used.

6?

GreeBo wrote: »
    B&Q Liffey Valley 30 mins ago, 6 spaces used.

That's perfectly acceptable because he has an orange beacon on the roof. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

6?

Thought that too. Him nedes moar schulin me thingks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement